Chapter - Shokugeki no Soma ~Le Dessert~ Chapter 3 Spoilers and Discussion | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Shokugeki no Soma ~Le Dessert~ Chapter 3 Spoilers and Discussion

BlackstarSkywalker

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Jump still going to pair Saeki with Tsukuda? :blink
As Tosh (Saeki) at the event Viz said he would continue working with Tsukuda on future projects. If I were him, he would find me a better writer.

By the way, the Fanbook and Volume 36 go on sale the same day, on October 4

MeowyMenoire

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jump still going to pair Saeki with Tsukuda? :blink
Well why not? They got so much other projects like Academia or Neverland, hell marvel is asking them to make manga of their work. Put their work on the side and just see if they can make something spectacular the way they glorified homeeconomics

Rzerox21xx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

interesting interview so he did meant to draw soueri wedding but took a different direction with the story

What was your mindset heading into the final arc of the manga, and what were some of the challenges you faced when deciding how to end it?
Tsukuda:
Of course there's always the concern of "Is it really okay that I did this? Are the readers going to be satisfied with this sort of ending?" What I'm going to talk about now is really spoilery, so I hope everyone has already read through to the end. I've always wanted to end the series with Soma and Erina getting hitched, but it was difficult for me to get to that point naturally in the story. So I had to rewrite it over and over before I could fix it to a version of this ending that I liked. I really hope that all the fans are satisfied with the sort of ending that I reached.

Last edited:

MeowyMenoire

Reaction score
Country
United States

interesting interview so he did meant to draw soueri wedding but took a different direction with the story

What was your mindset heading into the final arc of the manga, and what were some of the challenges you faced when deciding how to end it?
Tsukuda:
Of course there's always the concern of "Is it really okay that I did this? Are the readers going to be satisfied with this sort of ending?" What I'm going to talk about now is really spoilery, so I hope everyone has already read through to the end. I've always wanted to end the series with Soma and Erina getting hitched, but it was difficult for me to get to that point naturally in the story. So I had to rewrite it over and over before I could fix it to a version of this ending that I liked. I really hope that all the fans are satisfied with the sort of ending that I reached.
Yea i read that and how they considered rindou as a main character. That would've been more interesting

xNierx

Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica

Tsukuda:
In short Tsukada if he planned to make a complete closure on the subject of Erina and Souma, but one way or another did not know how to do it in history (Nose, but Central and the evolution of the relationship of Erina and Souma say otherwise, since it seems the beginning of development in their relationship and beginning of their friendship and they don't feel so forced and that we talk about Central ...), on the other hand I don't think I'm so enlightened of the brain, but; Erina tries Souma's plate, she says that it is delicious, but adds that she has always been a great chef, only her pride made it difficult to admit it, they show a scene with a romantic atmosphere (and it is not that they cannot do it) where only they show themselves to them with a quite different look while they smile at each other and ends with the characteristic phrase of Souma, their friends come in there they have the closing of that sub-plot of Erina and Souma, although of course there are thousands of people who have better ideas of an end of that section and how should have followed the manga, competitions and tournaments and above all reach the top of the culinary world and especially the blue treated as a tournament where they saw the best of the best in the world of cooking, wanted to put to asashi then make him a prodigious chef asshole without relation to Saiba or the Nakiris as Tsukasa was that simple.

I need a spin off of Rindou is the only interesting idea that looks and it would be worth something to read.

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela

Tsukuda:
He did not find a natural way to formalize the romance of Soma and Erina. But introducing chefs with super powers was very good. I think it's a cheap excuse.

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Important question: By the time of the last chapter, who do you think have done the snu snu already?

Rzerox21xx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Important question: By the time of the last chapter, who do you think have done the snu snu already?
judging from the wedding ring in his fingers, I would say Akira atleast.

MeowyMenoire

Reaction score
Country
United States
The anime ain't going to the manga any justice lol fast pace Central and blue within 25 episodes lmfao. Oh yea I like the stills of sorina . Almost like their in equal strength lol

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
I hope the anime makes an extended end of the epilogue, showing more of Sorina

stratofortress

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Storm's End
I found this, is an interview from the recent Fanbook:

1. "The relationship between Soma and Erina."

> Actually in the final epilogue of Le Dessert, Tsukuda wanted Soma and Erina to get married. However he couldn't fit it into the storyboard so in the end he's decided that it's still too early for them to take that stage.

2. In the anime "Macross", there's a character called Basara Nekki who only thought about Music and the people around him were crazy about his music. When Saeki told him, "Isn't that kind of feeling really good?" Tsukuda considered whether he should give that kind of ending to Soma.

> But he's well aware that after 315 chapters and three extra epilogues, if Soma x Erina's relationship never progressed the readers would get mad and saying something like "Geez, Soma doesn't have guts!" "Come on, just realize your feeling and do something about your love life!"

So Tsukuda did some romantic progress by making Soma realized his feeling and made an oath to Erina in his heart.

3. Hayama

> Hayama is the only character who got married. Soma and Erina's relationship (the context is that eventually they will end up marry each other only Tsukuda didn't want to explain how) and the future of their friends is up to our imagination.

> The fanbook showed that the characters who are confirmed having love interests are Soma, Erina, Shinomiya, Mizuhara, Hayama and Hinako. It never exactly stated who Hayama's wife is but based on Hayama gossip section in the fanbook it most likely to be Jun.

>5. Mizuhara also used to have a crush on Shinomiya in high school

6. Souma's Scar Flashback
> The nine pages in the fanbook is about the flashback of Soma's scar when he was still a little child and Erina showed up at the end in her limo.

> Erina passed the shopping district in her limo and suddenly feel a sinister aura coming from that place. She said to herself, "it feels like someone from here will piss me off a lot in the future"

7. Asahi
> Tsukuda received a lot of letters from the readers asking who Soma would end up with. So the author decided to add Asahi into the story to make Soma realize his feeling to Erina.

> The scene where the girls gathered together in Polar Star talking about Erina's ideal type is the editor's idea to make her awares of romance.

8. Soumegu and Ryoalice

> There's a reason why Tsukuda made a lot of duos and made them always stick together (he gave the example of Soma/Megumi and Ryo/Alice) in the series, it's because he needed a third party to illustrate the shokugeki. He never intended for them to become couples.

9. Souma Traveling
> Although Soma has reached his goal to surpass his father, he went abroad to further his study. To serve the one and only person he wanted to dedicate his food to, he set off to achieve those new incredible tastes and continue his travelling in the endless wilderness."

Last edited:

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I can totally see a scene of Erina asking secretary to make some preparations for asking Souma in marriage and him just before just asking randomily "hey do you wanna marry"

While i am still not satisfied, I think its better to leave things open ended than to go LETS PAIR EVEEEERYBODY route that Naruto went

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
It is not an open end. Soma and Erina will be together in the future

MeowyMenoire

Reaction score
Country
United States
What should we see when Erina says that Soma's food is delicious? Yes of course.
I personally believe they should've been on equal strength and yea had yuuto had been given more time, probably would've happen, but no excuse for him not to get a win or her to experience a loss.

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
I personally believe they should've been on equal strength and yea had yuuto had been given more time, probably would've happen, but no excuse for him not to get a win or her to experience a loss.
To your skills as chefs? Well Erina had a superhuman hax ability, and some more experience. But Soma had more creativity and was more tactical. The fanbook tells you that Soma surpassed his father, but they say nothing about Erina.

MeowyMenoire

Reaction score
Country
United States
To your skills as chefs? Well Erina had a superhuman hax ability, and some more experience. But Soma had more creativity and was more tactical. The fanbook tells you that Soma surpassed his father, but they say nothing about Erina.
[/QUOT

His principles however were that you learn through failure. She never experience that. Hopelessness but not failure,which is why I didn't buy how her character sided with the rebels . As far as surpassing Joichoro, yea i like to think he did that indirectly by beating Asahi.

BlackstarSkywalker

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
She sided with the rebels because she found the answer on Soma's dish. His father had a wrong view about gourmet cooking. She wanted to regain the passion for cooking, and Soma helped her a lot with that.