Games - The Zelda Thread! | Page 27 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Zelda Thread!

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Isn't it out on Friday? Gonna buy it then.

I might not get it but it depends on whether my nintendo wii and controller still work. If they do I see no reason to buy it on switch...
There is the option to play not-motion control, and apparently some little fixes and additions here and there. But according to the reviews, it is indeed pretty must the same thing.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Isn't it out on Friday? Gonna buy it then.

There is the option to play not-motion control, and apparently some little fixes and additions here and there. But according to the reviews, it is indeed pretty must the same thing.
TBH I see that as a bit of a downgrade for the game. I liked the motion controls back in the day.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I really couldn’t handle the motion controls really. Wasnt for me (pointing the sword skywards was a struggle haha)

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'll be getting Skyward Sword HD tomorrow, excited to see how it plays. Skyward Sword was my first Zelda and it remains one of my favourites, and I'll probably stream it too for some fun.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

so... was looking at the age of calamity trailer and i remembered seeing this and being confused years back playing the game. Isn't that zelda, calamity ganon and... ganondorf rather than link?
Welp, after playing skyward sword again (because I had 60 bucks and no self control) I feel compelled to go back to this image. The red hair there makes no sense and I would argue it can potentially be significant to the plot of BOTW 2... Red flaming hair was a main feature of demise... And yet it is seen there with the "hero". Also, in skyward sword they obliterated demise via wishing on the triforce and throwing the temple of the goddess over him. In this game at the opposite end of the timeline you see the castle being lifted. Curiously the battle against calamity ganon also starts deepwithin the earth... I don't think it makes sense for demise to make a return but shenanigans are definitely afoot here.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Just began my Zelda journey. Gonna play most of the games starting from the GBA ones. Right now I'm playing A Link To The Past. Probably will save Breath Of The Wild for last.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Nice! Minish Cap is still one of my favourites. I'd wish they'd remaster that some day.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Welp, I still have the theory that zelda in BOTW is not THE zelda. As in, not the reincarnation of hylia. Rather, zelda's mother was the latest incarnation of hylia.... Who died before her time due to... reasons? Hence why hylia can communicate in game with link distinctly from zelda and also the reason why zelda struggles so much with her sealing powers. Instead in the game she eventually uses basically the triforce.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
NGL, sort of relieved as this year game lineup is insane

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Slightly disappointed, but not much. There is a ton of stuff to play this year anyway. Good thing that they are taking the time they need to deliver the best possible game.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Can we discuss the corruption on the blade?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh wow, the master sword got wrecked. I believe we've seen the master sword getting depowered before but it is the first time we've seen it get destroyed. I suppose a decent bit of the story will be about reforging it? Fitting that we get such an arc in the furthest point in time in the story when floating islands are back. It would also make sense that this time around the dragons are more important to the plot than in BoTW. Though I don't suppose the method to rebuild the blade will be the same method used to make it in the first place... Or maybe it will.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The only thing that a broken master sword assures me is that you can't go from the start of the game to beat Ganon. And I like that linearity, as I feel that will add a more robust story which was what BotW was lacking.

I'm excited.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't really object to BoTW's story. I didn't get the impression there was too little of it. Though I suppose it can feel a bit sparce considering how much effort you need to put it together. Gather the memories, complete the 4 beasts, get the master sword... To me the most egregious issue the game had was the lack of actual dungeons. Second to that was the lack of diversity of enemies. For a game you can throw 150 hours at you only had like 15 different types of enemies. Which is simply nowhere near enough. Of course each type had multiple colored skins based on difficulty but that's still just lazy. On the boss side you get the same issue. The game has 5 bosses and the battles against the blight enemies are essentially identical. Give BoTW 10 dungeons, 45 different types of enemies with each having as many subcategories as they want and 10 distinct boss battles and we got a masterpiece.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

NIce! :zomg
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

That Fuse ability is so cool! :zomg Makes me less salty about the sudden disappearance of the Master Sword.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Abilities seem awesome! Also the bits of music we hear... perfect.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I just can't visualize all the flying dicks that there will be XD