The Sohma Riku Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Sohma Riku Thread

Ominae

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Do you have problems in handling shounen/seinen manga stuff in case I wanna ask?

Sohma Riku

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Do you have problems in handling shounen/seinen manga stuff in case I wanna ask?
I'm usually not much of a fan of seinen, because they often have a lot of text to translate and no furigana. (I know a lot of kanji readings, but I don't know everything... it's really a pain to have to draw every kanji to figure out it's reading/meaning.) Anyway, translating seinen often takes a lot more than I like to put into it, so I often refuse to translate such a series. You can of course always try, especially if a series is not too text heavy.

I'm fine with shonen series, some are a bit text heavy, but at least they have furigana. There's actually quite a lot of shonen series I enjoy reading and I believe I'm even translating some at the moment. xD Of course this doesn't mean I'll just translate any shonen series. In the end I still have my likes and dislikes.

So, just try and see what happens. (But I'm kinda busy at the moment, so if you try right now it'll probably have to refuse no matter what series you want me to translate) :)

Ominae

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Thanks, SR.

Oh well, I guess I do have to be careful with my choices considering that I have for my group is just ready to go...