The Sohma Riku Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Sohma Riku Thread

Sohma Riku

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone, as I'm somewhat bored right now, I decided to drop down a little message here as well. I'm usually not the person to keeps things short, but I'll try.

So, I'm Riku... last year I graduated from university with a bachelor degree in Japan studies. I can't really say I'm fluent in Japanese (my conversation skills are pretty basic), but I'm pretty good in anything that allows me to use a dictionary. (usually to check if I'm right in my thinking) So, translating things is going pretty well...

I doubt anyone here actually knows me, but if you do it's probably not because of the little manga translations I did. (right now that's only some Naruto chapters to Dutch) You'll probably know me for creating English subtitles for quite some Prince of Tennis musicals (as Amaris).
That being said, I probably started translating when I was only in my first year of university (that's 2008). My skills were probably non existent then, while I thought I wasn't doing that bad. But as years passed by I actually improved quite a lot and I'm quite confident in 99% of the cases that my translations are correct. After all, I didn't graduate from university doing nothing. ;)
So, even though my target language on MH is Dutch, I also translate to English.

Also, I can be picky as to what I translate when I do it for free, but when I get paid I'm willing to translate about anything. ^-^

Right, if there's anything else you want to know, please ask. I'll try to answer as soon as I can. :)

Last edited:

defdefdefdef

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
How much wood it cost to translate 184 pages of Japanese manga

trunkschan90

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice to meet you Sohma Riku. I'm wondering if you could help in translating a few preview manga pages. Sadly I'm broke and can't pay X.X :(
Thanks in advance
One of them look like this:

Last edited:

Sohma Riku

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Depends on the amount of pages if I'm able to help you. A few pages would be fine, but I don't think I have time to do full chapters right now.

trunkschan90

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's actually just those four pages that need translating. I just noticed you translated them in another thread so thanks for your help :)

Last edited:

madman freak

Reaction score
Country
India
Hey there,
so, i want to scanlate Doraemon now
So, I WANT A TRANSLATOR who can translate 2 chapters 12-14 pages a week and as you know Doraemon is the easiest manga to translate. so, i don't need any experience, even a newbie can translate Doraemon, and it will be a good practice for him also.

So. if any anybody wanna help the best master piece of FUJIKO F. Fujio to get fully scanlate for the other Doraemon fans out there in the world , please send me a email @ :-
debashishsarangi0@gmail.com

P.S: it will be a separate and new group for Doraemon, because this great manga of all times
deserve Respect.
so please help out, its my request.
and will you do it for free.

Sohma Riku

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hey there,
so, i want to scanlate Doraemon now
So, I WANT A TRANSLATOR who can translate 2 chapters 12-14 pages a week and as you know Doraemon is the easiest manga to translate. so, i don't need any experience, even a newbie can translate Doraemon, and it will be a good practice for him also.

So. if any anybody wanna help the best master piece of FUJIKO F. Fujio to get fully scanlate for the other Doraemon fans out there in the world , please send me a email @ :-
debashishsarangi0@gmail.com

P.S: it will be a separate and new group for Doraemon, because this great manga of all times
deserve Respect.
so please help out, its my request.
and will you do it for free.

Send you an email. ^-^

trunkschan90

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Sohma Riku, it's me again. I'm wondering if you'd be able to help me with translating the rest of the Cyborg 009 one-shot. You've already translated 4 pages, it has a total of 56 pages (52 pages now since 4 have been translated), let me know. My email trunkschan90@yahoo.com
:)

Sohma Riku

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi Sohma Riku, it's me again. I'm wondering if you'd be able to help me with translating the rest of the Cyborg 009 one-shot. You've already translated 4 pages, it has a total of 56 pages (52 pages now since 4 have been translated), let me know. My email trunkschan90@yahoo.com
:)
I sent you an email. ^-^

barling

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hi Sohma Riku

I need your help to translate this manga http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=51384
There's just 1 volume left (6 chapters to be more precise) and I hope you're willing to help me translating it. And sorry, but I can't pay you.

Neko8

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm kinda scared to ask but I know you'll give an honest reply so here I go...
Please please please please help me translate the last 5 chapters of a bunko! The manga is really old though so I'm not sure if you'll like it ^^' I cleaned the chapters already, just looking for a Japanese translator to help translate.

The project is called Ouke no Monshou, I wanted help with ch 86-90 (I have the japanese and chinese raws available.)

Thank you for reading my request. I'm sorry if I bothered you in any way.

Sohma Riku

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi,
I send you a PM. :)

I'm kinda scared to ask but I know you'll give an honest reply so here I go...
Please please please please help me translate the last 5 chapters of a bunko! The manga is really old though so I'm not sure if you'll like it ^^' I cleaned the chapters already, just looking for a Japanese translator to help translate.

The project is called Ouke no Monshou, I wanted help with ch 86-90 (I have the japanese and chinese raws available.)

Thank you for reading my request. I'm sorry if I bothered you in any way.

Hayley0x

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi Riku,
I as hoping you could translate Biyaku Cafe for me, Its a manga I've been wishing for years to be finished translating. Doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.
So here I am. I'm willing to pay, (im desperate) lol - If it could be done as soon as you can have it complete. There are 4 volume left 0 about 5 or 6 chapters each volume. It hasn't been tranlated since chapter 12.

Sohma Riku

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi,
sent you a PM.

Hi Riku,
I as hoping you could translate Biyaku Cafe for me, Its a manga I've been wishing for years to be finished translating. Doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.
So here I am. I'm willing to pay, (im desperate) lol - If it could be done as soon as you can have it complete. There are 4 volume left 0 about 5 or 6 chapters each volume. It hasn't been tranlated since chapter 12.

SummerRain

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hey!

I'm Raine for Summer Rain scans. I was just wondering if you by any chance are still translating Japanese manga? We urgently require a Japanese translator who can translate one chapter of a Josei manga called Soshite, Hare ni Naru by August 2 (at latest). It's really urgent as I'll be leaving a few days later and because we won't be releasing anything while I'm away, I'd really like to release it before I leave - although this all depends on whether we could find a fast JP translator willing to help.

I'm really sorry but I can't pay you. The holiday I'm taking has already burnt away my funds.

Thanks for your time and I understand if this is something you rather not take part of. It's all up to you.

Sohma Riku

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hey!

I'm Raine for Summer Rain scans. I was just wondering if you by any chance are still translating Japanese manga? We urgently require a Japanese translator who can translate one chapter of a Josei manga called Soshite, Hare ni Naru by August 2 (at latest). It's really urgent as I'll be leaving a few days later and because we won't be releasing anything while I'm away, I'd really like to release it before I leave - although this all depends on whether we could find a fast JP translator willing to help.

I'm really sorry but I can't pay you. The holiday I'm taking has already burnt away my funds.

Thanks for your time and I understand if this is something you rather not take part of. It's all up to you.
Hi, I would've loved to help you, but the chapters are quite long, have quite a lot of text and (since it's a josei) no furigana. (I know a lot of kanji, but certainly not everything... so the lack of furigana means it'll take longer to translate, as I'll have to look up the kanji.)... Anyway, I really don't have time to translate it right now. I would probably be able to get it done before the 2nd, but to do so, I would have to delay other translations and I don't think that would be fair towards the other people...

Well, I hope you can find someone to translate this for you. :) And have a nice day.

sennarose

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Hello

I'm sennarose from asdf Edited Mangas. I'm here to ask if you can translate Love Riron http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=79319. And although it's embarrassing to say, we don't have the money to pay. We're a pretty chill group so you can translate it leisurely whenever you have a time.
We already have the raws for it. We already release 2 chapters already but the TL for it went MIA, so we just need someone to translate it to continue.Thank you for reading and Good day.

DarkColorBlood

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hi, i am new here too so i sorry if i do something wrong....
anyway,i was wondering if you are interested in translating old series from 80's,90's and early 2000.Mostly comdies,adventures and fantasies.I can provide you with the scannlations even thought the mangas i have in mind are old.I may not be able to pay you in cash however,i am a pretty good anime artist (between medium and fine digital art skills) and i would love to make you a piece of art of your faved anime series~
Thank you very much for reading this,please let me know if you are interested so we could discass about the series....

Sohma Riku

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello

I'm sennarose from asdf Edited Mangas. I'm here to ask if you can translate Love Riron http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=79319. And although it's embarrassing to say, we don't have the money to pay. We're a pretty chill group so you can translate it leisurely whenever you have a time.
We already have the raws for it. We already release 2 chapters already but the TL for it went MIA, so we just need someone to translate it to continue.Thank you for reading and Good day.
Hi, I've taken a look at the manga, but I'm afraid I don't like it too much. Besides that I'm pretty busy, so... I'm afraid I have to decline.
I hope you'll be able to find someone else to translate this for you.

Hi, i am new here too so i sorry if i do something wrong....
anyway,i was wondering if you are interested in translating old series from 80's,90's and early 2000.Mostly comdies,adventures and fantasies.I can provide you with the scannlations even thought the mangas i have in mind are old.I may not be able to pay you in cash however,i am a pretty good anime artist (between medium and fine digital art skills) and i would love to make you a piece of art of your faved anime series~
Thank you very much for reading this,please let me know if you are interested so we could discass about the series....
Hi,
as much as I would love to help you, I'm afraid I don't have time at this moment to accept any more requests at this moment. I'll have to finish up a few other series first, before I take up any more work. Feel free to contact me at a later point of time if you like.