Hangout - MH Seinen Hangout | Page 34 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout MH Seinen Hangout

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Re: Otoyomegatari by Mori Kaoru

That made me think... where are the seinen awards of Mangahelpers?

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I know! I saw it on my subscriptions list!
I hope this will conclude the series, we are one volume behind from the original two that are out. The group that picked it up will probably finish it.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Re: Otoyomegatari by Mori Kaoru

I will PM you shortly. ^^

Son-Derling

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
hey!
where could i discuss about Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka?
seems it does not have a thread at the moment...so where is the right place? or will someone open a new thread? or am i supposed to open a new thread (or the opposite it is not allowed)?
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=101942
http://mangafox.me/manga/dungeon_ni_deai_o_motomeru_no_wa_machigatte_iru_darou_ka/
It's allowed, you are free to open a thread but please follow the format for the first post, it makes other users get interested in the series, please use other threads to see what format you can use to start the thread for the series. :)

外国人

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's the link to Oku Hiroya's newest manga Inu Yashiki.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Here's the link to Oku Hiroya's newest manga Inu Yashiki.
Discuss it here.

Thank you for the effort! :thumbs

---------- Post added February 27, 2014 at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was February 18, 2014 at 12:44 AM ----------

COMING VERY SOON!

vinceled

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Can't wait for the seinen awards. That aside, I'm actually taking a real good look at the seinen for the first time (even though seinen is basically 80% if what I read nowadays) and seriously I should check it more often...

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Can't wait for the seinen awards. That aside, I'm actually taking a real good look at the seinen for the first time (even though seinen is basically 80% if what I read nowadays) and seriously I should check it more often...
Nice to see you around here vinceled. :) Welcome to the seinen forum, the awards start really soon, so I am sure you will love them, hold on just a bit. :XD

What are your fav seinen titles?

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nice to see you around here vinceled. :) Welcome to the seinen forum, the awards start really soon, so I am sure you will love them, hold on just a bit. :XD

What are your fav seinen titles?
Terra Formars (I buy the volumes, got all of them)
Berserk
Vagabong
Gunnm Series (including Last Order) - manga that had me discover manga, Gunnm is awesome.
Jormungand (totally dig the story, ended up watching the anime 3 times)
Destro 246 - New series by Jormungand's mangaka Takahashi Keitarou (obvious from my signature? lol )
Black Lagoon (currently reading)
Zetman
Real
Gunjou Senki
Biorg Trinity (extremely biased since Oh Great is one of my favorite artist)

I'm probably forgetting some too, some I started but stopped because of lack of time but plan on taking back again or even others I've heard about and are in my reading lists.

Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Terra Formars (I buy the volumes, got all of them)
Berserk
Vagabong
Gunnm Series (including Last Order) - manga that had me discover manga, Gunnm is awesome.
Jormungand (totally dig the story, ended watching the anime 3 times)
Destro 246 - New series by Jormungand's mangaka Takahashi Keitarou (obvious from my signature? lol )
Black Lagoon (currently reading)
Zetman
Real
Gunjou Senki
Biorg Trinity (extremely biased since Oh Great is one of my favorite artist)

I'm probably forgetting some too, some I started by stopped because of lack of time but plan on taking back again or even others I've heard about and are in my reading lists.
Awesome list! HAve you seen the Black Lagoon anime? That was quite an amazing piece of work, got me into the manga. Revy! :zomg

You are more than welcome in the Berserk forum, although the series is quite hiatus ridden. Have you read works by Naoki Urasawa? You should try them as required seinen reading material, if you are planning on getting into seinen once more. :nod

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Awesome list! HAve you seen the Black Lagoon anime? That was quite an amazing piece of work, got me into the manga. Revy! :zomg

You are more than welcome in the Berserk forum, although the series is quite hiatus ridden. Have you read works by Naoki Urasawa? You should try them as required seinen reading material, if you are planning on getting into seinen once more. :nod
Still reading (around ch280), I'm actually waiting for the series to resume (it'll be in around a month hopefully since Gigantomakhia omake chapter will be coming with issue 06, in around two weeks?)

Checking it out on mangaupdates^^ Billy Bat? It's on my reading list^^

I'm also reading Inuyashiki^^ Read c03 today (raws)

Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Still reading (around ch280), I'm actually waiting for the series to resume (it'll be in around a month hopefully since Gigantomakhia omake chapter will be coming with issue 06, in around two weeks?)

Checking it out on mangaupdates^^ Billy Bat? It's on my reading list^^

I'm also reading Inuyashiki^^ Read c03 today (raws)
Waiting for Berserk to resume is not a good idea. :XD The series is the godfather of irregular release. Best read Berserk once you start it can be read in one go!

Check his older work, the style is quite similar, he is by far the best mystery writer out there.

Classic Oku.^^

AWARDS ARE ALIVE, PLEASE EVERYONE GO NOMINATE!!

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Berserk is not as irregular iirc as people always say. Normally, there is about 4 months between releases, and we usually get 3-4 chapters Miura has piled up over the months. He manages a volume of content (roughly 10 chapters) a year usually.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Irregular pacing compared to the street date of the magazine. While it isn't consistently released the same time of the year, he is pretty "regular" about releasing a volume's worth of content a year. That is true, indeed.

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
I agree with miyamoto on this one, he usually release pretty often compared to the 24 issues a year the magazine has. Since 2011, he's released at least 6 chapters a year except between 2013~14 where he didn't appear in print (longest break since 2011 by the way).
I mean the breaks Berserk has are nothing compared to that certain shounen that takes breaks of 1~2 years after 10-20 chapters, like the mangaka is catching up what he released weekly in month...

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well the irregularity is simply that, he does not follow the magazine schedules. He goes on hiatus so often, for various reasons, most of which are not stated, playing games, lol? :XD

The current "break" or "hiatus" is out of the ordinary, so I guess it fits in. I remember searching once, but how were things when Berserk started in it's magazine? I think it was pretty regular for a few years and then this started happening?

---------- Post added March 04, 2014 at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was March 03, 2014 at 09:45 PM ----------

Also for horror seinen and horror manga in general I think fans:

http://spiraphobia.tumblr.com/recommendations

Check some of these out.^^

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Well the irregularity is simply that, he does not follow the magazine schedules. He goes on hiatus so often, for various reasons, most of which are not stated, playing games, lol? :XD

The current "break" or "hiatus" is out of the ordinary, so I guess it fits in. I remember searching once, but how were things when Berserk started in it's magazine? I think it was pretty regular for a few years and then this started happening?
Well, it's kind of difficult for a new series to get a fanbase if it doesn't start off regular. I forget the timeline, but it was serialized regularly for many many years.