Games - Mafia Game 82 - Yu-Gi-Oh! - End Game | Page 112 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 82 - Yu-Gi-Oh! - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
And now, the moment you've all been waiting for.

First, the playerlist:

And the game actions:
D1: N/A
N1:

Priority 1

Juviii (Prostitute) >>> desin24 >>> success!

Priority 2
Demonspeed (Sane Det) >>> Holt >>> success! >>> innocent
BlackTiger (Insane Det) >>> Takuan >>> success! >>> guilty
MarmaladeSky (Investigator) >>> N/A
BD_Beno (Spy) >>> Holt >>> success! >>> gets nothing
James Rye (Spirit Medium) >>> N/A
Takuan (Sane Doc) >>> N/A
MUIMadara (Sane Doc) >>> BD_Beno >>> success!
digitaldude (M. Det) >>> BD_Beno >>> success! >>> Spy

Priority 3
Gajeel (M. Boss) >>> N/A
desin24 (M. Janitor) >>> Holt >>> fails!
GrySun (M. Strongman) >>> N/A
Asako (Serial Killer) >>> MarmaladeSky >>> success!

D2: N/A
N2:

Priority 1

Juviii (Prostitute) >>> Holt >>> success!

Priority 2
Demonspeed (Sane Det) >>> Asako >>> success! >>> guilty (still dead tho. rip)
BlackTiger (Insane Det) >>> Demonspeed >>> success! >>> guilty
BD_Beno (Spy) >>> Juviii >>> success! >>> targeted Holt
James Rye (Spirit Medium) >>> N/A
MUIMadara (Sane Doc) >>> James Rye >>> success! (nice)
digitaldude (M. Det) >>> Juviii >>> success! >>> Prostitute

Priority 3
Gajeel (M. Boss) >>> Demonspeed >>> success!
desin24 (M. Janitor) >>> N/A
Asako (Serial Killer) >>> James Rye >>> fails!

D3: N/A
N3:

Priority 1

Juviii (Prostitute) >>> GrySun >>> fails!

Priority 2
BlackTiger (Insane Det) >>> GrySun >>> success! >>> innocent!
BD_Beno (Spy) >>> Belserion >>> success! >>> gets nothing
MUIMadara (Sane Doc) >>> Seraph >>> Fails!
digitaldude (M. Det) >>> MUIMadara >>> success! >>> Doctor

Priority 3
Gajeel (M. Boss) >>> N/A
GrySun (M. Strongman) >>> Seraph >>> success! (the power of the strongman for ya lol)
Asako (Serial Killer) >>> N/A

D4:
Evil3ye got lynched in D2. He comes back in D4. (welcome back!)
Holt uses Prosecutor role on DD. It fails as he died from the cowboy card (press F)

N4:

Priority 1

Juviii (Prostitute) >>> N/A

Priority 2
BlackTiger (Insane Det) >>> MUIMadara >>> success! >>> guilty
BD_Beno (Spy) >>> GrySun >>> fails due to cointoss!
Takuan (Sane Doc) >>> BD_Beno >>> success!
MUIMadara (Sane Doc) >>> Evil3ye >>> success!
digitaldude (M. Det) >>> N/A

Priority 3
Gajeel (M. Boss) >>> Juviii >>> success!

D5: N/A
N5:

Priority 2

BlackTiger (Insane Det) >>> desin24 >>> success! >>> innocent
Takuan (Sane Doc) >>> BlackTiger >>> success!
MUIMadara (Sane Doc) >>> digitaldude >>> success!
digitaldude (M. Det) >>> N/A

Priority 3
Gajeel (M. Boss) >>> N/A
desin24 (M. Janitor) >>> Takuan >>> success!

D6: N/A
N6:

Priority 2:

BlackTiger (Insane Det) >>> N/A
MUIMadara (Sane Doc) >>> N/A

Priority 3
Gajeel (M. Boss) >>> Evil3ye >>> success!

D7: N/A
N7:

Priority 2

BlackTiger (Insane Det) >>> N/A

Priority 3
desin24 (M. Janitor) >>> Blacktiger >>> success! (congrats!)

In conclusion: lol mechanic.
If you guys want the Card and SC day/night actions, ask @uberfayt \o/
Thanks for playing!
:confetti

Co-host thoughts coming soon!

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you again @uberfayt and @Elusia, it really was a blast. Truly a shadow game :super. Yes my butt still hurts from losing that duel.

Congrats to team red, nothing but props for the planning and execution when you guys were out in the open.

Lots of memorable moments in this game, looking forward to the highlights.

Thanks everyone, GG!!

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
GG Mafia for winning a game where all Mafias were known before we lynched the first one. Like wtf...

Day 3 if we had more passive roles then maybe, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe, one passive townie with like pgo or bomb or witch could have sacrificed their role and I could have proven them so that we at least used 2 of the 3 awesome RR cards... man, I am so disappointed. This was such a townie-favorable game and we fucking lost it. >.<
The cards were in our favor, the roles were in our favor, the mechanics were in our favor, even our night actions were not that bad.
What costs us the game were the penalties, the mafia luck with the cards aka cowboy extra kills and ofc town just going ahead and wasting RR cards like it is worth nothing and not doing combos like Mask of restrict and then PoM to gather cards as quickly as possible before Mafia realizes their worth. Ofc the SC economy was much better for Mafia than for town due the many townie lynches but if it weren't for the two cowboy kills town would have won this easy.

I liked the game and had fun with it as much as it pained me not being able to use my RR card after rushing it with lots of risks and basically wasting 12 SC dying to bs arguments of Gry which hold no water whatsoever yet I still died because I couldn't believe Asako would suicide herself on a 2nd SM claim. Ugh.

What was needed though was more clarification with the rules, if rules need to be clarified on day 3, that's not really good.
And like I never spoke about it, but given the rules you could have sacrificed your role, buy a rr card, buy a new role next day and then just sacrificed the just brought role to get 6 points back. In the rules it was never stated that you cannot sacrificed freshly brought roles just that when you have a role you can sack it.
Town really should have done crowd-funding from day 2. Not from day 3, especially not with Mafia killing our cash cow with a strongman (wtf, leave our town SC economy alone!). Who the hell expects Mafia to do a normal kill on a confirmed det and getting away with it?
More cards especially faction-only cards would have been nice. Like if cowboy had been town only mafia couldn't have pulled it off but in exchange they would have had like a daykill assassin card as long as they are roleless which town could never buy. Also Asako should have started with TP cards as SK, this game was not made for a TP role.

Player-wise thanks @MUIMadara for keeping me alive in night 2 though given what Demonspeed found out in that night it would have been better for town if demon had survived, I died and mafia never found out via my plan just how awesome those cards are. Well, they would have figured out eventually but given none of them went ahead to get themselves some mask of restrict and a PoM I don't think they noticed until my RR&Cowboy plan, though with our luck our cowboys probably would have died anyway but at least mafia wouldnt have been able to chose the targets like our Prosecutor or Spy!
Sorry @Asako for what she had to go through and grats for getting me lynched even if I had voted for you I don't think it would have mattered much as you still had your vote, maybe with Taku's help but well, whatever. Should have figured out you were no townie but with one kill per night so far and the game being so horrible for a TP role I really never expected a TP to be in this game so a Mafia doing your suicide move made no sense whatsoever considering the day lynches before...
@GrySun Grats for the win, you obvious Mafia scumbag! I cannot believe your arguments which made no sense and hold no water whatsoever actually convinced some townies to vote against me or not help me survive at least. Like it was so obvious you were no det and that your whole plan was to make my plan to fail, ugh! If I had survived at least I might have gotten a night kill on me to prevent me from using my rr card next time and I could have brought a bodyguard then... whole thing fell apart on day 3 and the next days was just town not buying cowboys and letting lucky mafia get away with 2 day kills and prevent a 100% daykill from town, what a total disaster...

So yeah, fun game @uberfayt and @Elusia but it had its flaws but what can I say until my game gets done.
It certainly was an experience people will keep talking a lot about.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
And like I never spoke about it, but given the rules you could have sacrificed your role, buy a rr card, buy a new role next day and then just sacrificed the just brought role to get 6 points back. In the rules it was never stated that you cannot sacrificed freshly brought roles just that when you have a role you can sack it.
From what I gather that only works if you get back your own role, because it's permanent. All other roles are only for 1 phase so you can't sacrifice those.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

given none of them went ahead to get themselves some mask of restrict and a PoM
I considered this N1 and again on N2. Problem is, while Mask of Restrict and Pot of Memes are quickplay you can use secretly at night, how do I justify my role sacrifice not working? Claiming some weird role that can't be sacrificed?(like I. Child or SK?) or to claim someone used the card on me(why would anyone do that, no townie would come out so it'd be a mafia using it for no reason on me). Pretending like I used card on myself to fail sacrifice and get SC would be weird since I was never interested in SC before, why would I suddenly want them?

Most likely conclusion by everyone would be that it's a mafia strat to farm SC, didn't want that.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@GrySun Grats for the win, you obvious Mafia scumbag! I cannot believe your arguments which made no sense and hold no water whatsoever actually convinced some townies to vote against me or not help me survive at least. Like it was so obvious you were no det and that your whole plan was to make my plan to fail, ugh! If I had survived at least I might have gotten a night kill on me to prevent me from using my rr card next time and I could have brought a bodyguard then... whole thing fell apart on day 3 and the next days was just town not buying cowboys and letting lucky mafia get away with 2 day kills and prevent a 100% daykill from town, what a total disaster...
Fun fact, you didn't even have most votes. 2 of the votes that lynched you were penalties caused by you lvl1 attacking Asako's trap hah.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Poor James, king of salt this game. :comfort

As I was watching from the side lines while being dead, I think your cooperation thing came accross very pushy, you had great ideas and did a great job explaining it, but then you kept reworking and tweaking it and posting one wall after an other, and it was very hard to follow, on the other hand very easy to discredit it. You should have sticked with one version that would have been easier to digest and win undecided townies over. You always have to keep in mind that not everyone is on your team and other players will try to find any hair to debunk it.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
From what I gather that only works if you get back your own role, because it's permanent. All other roles are only for 1 phase so you can't sacrifice those.

I considered this N1 and again on N2. Problem is, while Mask of Restrict and Pot of Memes are quickplay you can use secretly at night, how do I justify my role sacrifice not working? Claiming some weird role that can't be sacrificed?(like I. Child or SK?) or to claim someone used the card on me(why would anyone do that, no townie would come out so it'd be a mafia using it for no reason on me). Pretending like I used card on myself to fail sacrifice and get SC would be weird since I was never interested in SC before, why would I suddenly want them?

Most likely conclusion by everyone would be that it's a mafia strat to farm SC, didn't want that.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Fun fact, you didn't even have most votes. 2 of the votes that lynched you were penalties caused by you lvl1 attacking Asako's trap hah.
That's what you "gather" but that's not what the roles "tell". It just speaks of sacrificing your role, it never says that it had to be the role you started with, so technically you could sacrifice a role you just brought to get points for it. Maybe have it that doing so would only get you 3 SC or that that is not possible at all would certainly help to avoid confusion if someone tries to do so after buying a role he doesn't want to own for whatever reason.

Why sacrifice at all? As Mafia you gain enough points to buy those cheap quick play cards just by lynching and votelocking a townie. The earlier you get those cards, the more SC you get from all players combined. As a Townie you would have to do lvl attacks to get the points or do a sacrifice and if you did buy and use those cards then all the other townies would see that as an attack on them so not really helping your townie case.

Also since those are quick-play cards you can use them secretly in the night unlike lets say cowboy and rr card. So MoR and PoM would have been cards I as a Mafia would have rushed on early to hamper the townie SC economy while using the 12+ SC gained from doing so to buy up the rr cards one by one so that town cannot use them until they kill me or I have them all destroyed.
You guys didn't needed it though because our town economy was terrible and we bought stuff that wasn't useful at all early game, like those lvl1 negate cards which town should have kept till late game so that mafia cannot block the votes. This vote block action was way too powerful for late game, it should have had a timer, like lvl 1 only works till day 5 or so @uberfayt .

Nope, I got 2 penalities for lvl3 attacking Taku, thinking he was Mafia who messed up a "I sacrificed my role I am a townie" or who's whole plan was to destroy the RR cards early which is why I rushed said RR card instead of going MoR and PoM. I never lvl attacked Asako. Day 1 I attacked Evil which was good and day 2 since I couldn't attack evil again I attacked Taku for he was the most suspicious guy at that phase. Day 3 I didn't even used an attack.
You really were not much into this game until I revealed my game plan, dude, huh?^^;

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Poor James, king of salt this game. :comfort

As I was watching from the side lines while being dead, I think your cooperation thing came accross very pushy, you had great ideas and did a great job explaining it, but then you kept reworking and tweaking it and posting one wall after an other, and it was very hard to follow, on the other hand very easy to discredit it. You should have sticked with one version that would have been easier to digest and win undecided townies over. You always have to keep in mind that not everyone is on your team and other players will try to find any hair to debunk it.
Not salty, just passionate and disappointed my plan was doomed from day 1 though I cannot blame Taku for that, he didn't knew yet how sacrifice really worked until it was clear at the end of day 1 how it works. We had 3 100% sure-confirmation cards of Townies and we only used 1 on like day 4 or 5, that is just not great, considering how quickly town got their first rr (day 1 due Taku) and how many rrs we actually had (3 in total, with mine just never used to prevent it from being destroyed which it still did due DD). That ain't being salty as with salty I would blame other specific people for their plays. Well, i could blame Gry but why should I? His plan working against my plan makes sense from a Mafia PoV, can't blame him for that.

As for my plan changing and tweaking, that had to happen after finding out I couldn't give Seraph the SC I promised with my sacrifice on the same day I did sacrifice. Also my tweaking didn't stopped townies like Beno and Taku and Madara believing in my plan as it shouldn't have because everything I had done would have been my end as Mafia and there had been no reason for me to go such lengths considering how good the early game went for Mafia. So me not changing my plan when it couldn't work or worse accepting uber's offer to take back the sacrifice would and should have made me look much more suspicious than staying on course after adapting the plan to the new reality. Instead it just didn't worked because I misjudged Asako's willingness to suicide due not realizing that there was a TP in this heavily TP-disadvantageous game and Sera getting scared that he is getting set-up which he wasn't but still died because the kill of demon happened under no logical thought aka using strongman to ensure kill and just dumb luck by not getting blocked by prostitute and doctor. Mafia had a lot of luck this game, like Holt not using his ability the day he announced his role thus giving mafia a chance to daykill Holt, the 2 daykills working in Mafia's favor though tbh they had nothing to lose at this point as without those kills they would have lost anyway.

So again, not salty but baffled that this game went the way it went when all the cards pointed to a townie victory and quite frankly should have been one if we had played our cards right. So enough card jokes now.^^

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Summary: Janitor role is cursed since you had it.
Yeah, starting to think that our "amazing" luck when mafia comes from you, Des xD here's a tip: banho de sal grosso D:

Juvs, the true PT, beats the PT-lover (Des) and the PT-wannabe-lover (Marcie). Ironic, it was written on the stars 🤭

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I can't believe my last game prior to this one was G68 in OCTOBER 2018!! Time fucking flies. But also remembered why I was so hesitant to join an other game - when playing I post a lot and invest lot of time into it. It seeps into my actual work because I keep checking for new posts, my downtime, during times I play it's always on my mind, so accordingly very exhausing time, and especially if I make it into the late game.

So, here's also my take on it.

First of all short disclaimer. As said on soul pad already, had tons of fun and will surely join an other game this year.

This is where I really had fun with the new mechanics, as well as unpredictability and extra layer of disruptions they brought with it. While I must confess, I haven't really digged into the spell cards until the very late game (maybe day 6), the attack actions were very straight forwards and entertaining to use and abuse. I also liked how there were multiple plays with it, e.g. for me I disregarding the effects and tried using them as tool to make my role work, and to get myself killed quicker to get utitily out of it.

Later in game the significance of the attack increased with steadily decreasing players pool and quickly became a mechanic to win the game. If you weren't using them, there was no chance in succeeding and it became a completely different game, where it was imperative to fire them off as soon as possible.

It was actually ridiculous how the last couple days were first post wins. And analysis and aftermath of consequences had to be made right after before the day ends. While it was very fun, it shifted the game for me into a very different genre. Not everyone had the same chances to post, make the phases work and I guess I wouldn't recommend it executing like that. Like I was thinking about it, and going with the card game theme the attacks could have been monster cards that you also have a chance to buy at night, or some sort. Think this would have been closer to what people came to expect from mafia games.

An other thing is in-phases rule changes. As a player it comes off very disruptive. For the next time, I highly recommend you let it run for the day, and do the tweaks between days and announce it at the next beginning, so everyone has the chance to adjust their playstlye accordingly.

But from role set up, I think it was well thought out. I get what you were trying to do, but obviously you never know how players will interact and which roles keep on living longer than others. I don't know if the game really needed two sane doctors, but that's my online point.

So yeah, well done. I think this was your first game? Very impressive how well presented and organized it was. Let me know when you plan on making the next. Thanks again @uberfayt @Elusia

Last edited:

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Also since those are quick-play cards you can use them secretly in the night unlike lets say cowboy and rr card. So MoR and PoM would have been cards I as a Mafia would have rushed on early to hamper the townie SC economy while using the 12+ SC gained from doing so to buy up the rr cards one by one so that town cannot use them until they kill me or I have them all destroyed.
You still have to publicly try to sacrifice your role, and uber will publicly say it didn't work. So gl with that plan.

And agreed with Evil, attacks could've been Monster cards or something to not make it first-come-first-serve. A lot more fun that way. Also not a huge fan of how much info was given by the host daily. Confirming SC transfers, gains, sacrifices, attacks...

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Shame on you Koko...how you gonna kill Marmie over the likes of Gry.

Smh
I hate killing gry so early on when he rarely lives, I preferred to go for someone who unlikely to get protected
N2 got me as I didn't expect mui to randomly protect james when there better people to protect
I guess next time I should go for players not who unlikely not to get protected and not bomb...

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
@desin24 was it too much to ask that you target me and my handy bodyguard? :nah

Congrats Mafia. Great game! And my fellow townies, sorry we couldn't pull it off in the end.

Looking back, my highlight was serial killer @Asako going yolo and claiming SM after James :XD

Fortune, or should I say destiny, really favoured the mafia in those duels it was crazy lol.

@uberfayt @Elusia i really had fun with this game. Thanks for your hard work :D

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Game over? I wasn't able to follow much. Mafia won eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.