Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 197 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 197 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So, is it me or does this look like tamayo is doing all the heavy lifting around here? It's not a bad development per say, if anything it sort of makes sense, but you'd think the main character would do more given the circumstances. As in, all the hashira are doing is simply stall out muzan without seemingly having anything resembling a chance.

On another note, though I have brought this up several times by now, nothing we have seen actually evidences how yorichi could have killed muzan. Yes, he gave muzan what appears to be permanent scars but that doesn't sound like something that could actually deliver a killing blow to muzan. The sun breath, as OP as it is, doesn't have any actual muzan killing property other than being an endless combo, and the series has not yet explained whether yorichi's red blade was special. for all we know all red blades could give muzan permanent scars.

Sato-san

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So, is it me or does this look like tamayo is doing all the heavy lifting around here? It's not a bad development per say, if anything it sort of makes sense, but you'd think the main character would do more given the circumstances. As in, all the hashira are doing is simply stall out muzan without seemingly having anything resembling a chance.

On another note, though I have brought this up several times by now, nothing we have seen actually evidences how yorichi could have killed muzan. Yes, he gave muzan what appears to be permanent scars but that doesn't sound like something that could actually deliver a killing blow to muzan. The sun breath, as OP as it is, doesn't have any actual muzan killing property other than being an endless combo, and the series has not yet explained whether yorichi's red blade was special. for all we know all red blades could give muzan permanent scars.
They can’t though. If that was the case, then he’d be piling on more scars as the battle ensues. But he hasn’t. Those are the same scars that Yoriichi gave him. Nothing extra. Muzan’s own admittance to being surprised that he could cut his head is proof of that. Had he actually cut it all the way off, Muzan would have died that night.

sterben.

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Japan
so tanjiro is actually using the nichirinto to stop the convulsion. inosuke is badass now haha i wanna see his 10th form, and even zenitsu's 7th form (eight fold? what if thats possible?) the pillar's gather, we'll be seing an epic last stand next chapter. it felt like gurenge is playing in the last page; 'nando demo tachiagareeeee~' [stand up even if you fall many times]
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

this has been a long issue. if you wanna believe that sunbro cannot kill em then its okay. but facts and even muzan is pointing out that the real op is not or not just yorichi's techniques but the man himself. muzan stating that current demonslayers of this generation is far from sunbro's skills and telling that sunbro is the real monster; shows that sunbro is capable of destroying him. besides, based on one of the flashback panels, he doesnt even need the full infinite combo till dawn to destroy the vital organs. he actually cut em in one go.
maybe the dance till dawn capoera idea (yoriichi didnt actually told them to dance till dawn, he just showed them how to execute the forms) i believe (but not stated in manga tho) is based on kamado family's experience when they encountered a demon(/s) in the past (even human nezuko recognizes one so maybe they saw their dad or grandpa fight one) without the help of a nichirinto, since they're not demonslayers and all they've got is a hatchet haha

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
this has been a long issue. if you wanna believe that sunbro cannot kill em then its okay. but facts and even muzan is pointing out that the real op is not or not just yorichi's techniques but the man himself. muzan stating that current demonslayers of this generation is far from sunbro's skills and telling that sunbro is the real monster; shows that sunbro is capable of destroying him. besides, based on one of the flashback panels, he doesnt even need the full infinite combo till dawn to destroy the vital organs. he actually cut em in one go.
maybe the dance till dawn capoera idea (yoriichi didnt actually told them to dance till dawn, he just showed them how to execute the forms) i believe (but not stated in manga tho) is based on kamado family's experience when they encountered a demon(/s) in the past (even human nezuko recognizes one so maybe they saw their dad or grandpa fight one) without the help of a nichirinto, since they're not demonslayers and all they've got is a hatchet haha
My point is about the actual mechanics regarding how this could have worked, since the series is usually fairly clear regarding how things work. Of course, there is no scientific explanation regarding why nichirin blade works on demons but it is pretty well established that most demons die if you decapitate one with it. We know that breaths are not magic, they are simply pumped blood through your system which gives you a powerup. We know breaths styles are simply non magical swinging of a chunk of metal. We know that red blades have the capacity to further injure demons. But the series has simply not explained what the rules are regarding yorichi and nothing we know is actually a sufficient explanation as to how yorichi could accomplish this.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
My point is about the actual mechanics regarding how this could have worked, since the series is usually fairly clear regarding how things work. Of course, there is no scientific explanation regarding why nichirin blade works on demons but it is pretty well established that most demons die if you decapitate one with it. We know that breaths are not magic, they are simply pumped blood through your system which gives you a powerup. We know breaths styles are simply non magical swinging of a chunk of metal. We know that red blades have the capacity to further injure demons. But the series has simply not explained what the rules are regarding yorichi and nothing we know is actually a sufficient explanation as to how yorichi could accomplish this.
Author gave a very simple answer. Yourichi was born to defeat Muzan. He was born with superhuman ability of STW & breathing technique.

Me personally I dont like the gaps of power & capavlitity between
Yourichi <<<Muzan<<<Weakened Muzan<<#1UM<Gyomei..

If Muzan was never poisoned. They never stood a chance even as a group. To see him use demon technique so late in the game..its overwhelming & ynderwhelming at the same time.

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Muzan never used this battle form against Yoriichi, nor this Blood Demon Technique we're seeing now. Of course, I'm not trying to say that he's better than Yoriichi. All the narrative portrays the last one as the supreme god of the verse that not even Muzan stood a chance against, but makes me wonder how much of a fight Muzan could have put taking into account those variables.

Also, I'm kinda underwhelmed by the notion that we'll might never see Prime Muzan fight at his full strength, unless he finds a way to recover, which looks impossible looking at the current situation overall.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Author gave a very simple answer. Yourichi was born to defeat Muzan. He was born with superhuman ability of STW & breathing technique.

Me personally I dont like the gaps of power & capavlitity between
Yourichi <<<Muzan<<<Weakened Muzan<<#1UM<Gyomei..

If Muzan was never poisoned. They never stood a chance even as a group. To see him use demon technique so late in the game..its overwhelming & ynderwhelming at the same time.
Could be but, that's not really anything even vaguely resembling an explanation. It's too lazy to even be a copout. The author might as well just go "You know what, yorichi could because FU". And that in a series which usually is relatively clear about what the rules are.

I agree about the blood art. Muzan's specific, or perhaps original, blood art is something I was looking forward to.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
This battle hasn't been the most entertaining, but the amount of struggle on both sides as of recently makes it so much better. Muzan's line at the end, and everyone's fighting to their last breath gives a sense of doom that not many manga end up having.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh, just read the official translation. Seems like there is indeed a difference between red blades, at least if muzan's take on this is correct anyways. If it's temperature that brings about red blades then perhaps its simply because the degree to which yorichi could enhance himself via breaths is that much greater than everyone else....

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, I am still waiting for tamayo to reveal the remaining minimum of 5 additional drugs which she injected muzan with. The chapter was not bad per say but the sheer extent of tamayo's role in it continues to annoy. Muzan is a horrible monster who has murdered thousands but somehow this makes it seem like he hasn't gotten a fair fight... One of the most salvageable tropes in shonen is that you eventually get to see characters simply go all out with their unrestricted power. But now not only we don't get that but it also turns out a fraction of muzan's full capacity is enough to easily defeat all the hashira.

-Stray

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
After reading the whole thing this has been one of the most underwhelming climax battle in shounen manga to date, but god damn does the tension and vibe surrounding it beat almost anything I've read in a shounen manga. So will Tanjirou's most epic battle end with his battle with Akaza? seems he won't be doing anything "shounen" like anymore. I am not enjoying this whole Muzan battle thing for some reason, all the battles prior to this has been way more entertaining. I wonder if the editor has something to do with whats going on. Feels weird when all the enemies they fought up before Muzan has used multiple demon techs and they actually had entertaining battle choreography but with Muzan its just so boring and one sided.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I wonder if the editor has something to do with whats going on.
Always a possibility, but something I try to avoid getting behind, since it shifts all the blame to the editor and makes them a scapegoat, as it were.

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Well, this has give me hopes for Kanroji to return to the battlefield and redeem herself after her subpar role in the arc so far. Inosuke and Zenitsu were epic this chapter too.