Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 197 Spoiler/Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 197 Spoiler/Discussion Thread

The Trinity

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll tell you what's confusing me. . . The number of viewers on this spoiler forum who are confused about the state of affairs. "Why is he stabbing himself?" And many other quite obvious questions with answers that should be a given. C'mon people, if someones' head explodes you should immediately concur that the situation is well warranted. Especially Tanjiro
I will tell you what I am truly confused about, though. . . . What does Kimetsu no Yaiba mean? Lol

haijihusbando

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
I'll tell you what's confusing me. . . The number of viewers on this spoiler forum who are confused about the state of affairs. "Why is he stabbing himself?" And many other quite obvious questions with answers that should be a given. C'mon people, if someones' head explodes you should immediately concur that the situation is well warranted. Especially Tanjiro
I will tell you what I am truly confused about, though. . . . What does Kimetsu no Yaiba mean? Lol
Blade of Demon Destruction, but that sounds gross so Demon Slayer it is.

What do you think is the obvious answer to the question of why Tanjiro is stabbing himself? Given that we have limited translations it's to be expected that there's some speculation and debate about what's going on, even if there is a more obvious answer, I don't see what's wrong with that...

Gladiolus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Himejima and Tomioka barely look alive. I guess they will fight, but are done at this point. Looking how everyone is heading to fight Muzan again and Nezuko returned to being human, this is probably the last part of the fight.

sterben.

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Japan
what if muzan visited kamado family years earlier? hahaha dad vs muzan would be an interesting fight. with muzan getting more ptsd

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Holy &$*$* Pillar Zombies!!
I knew Gyomei was gonna rise again. Always felt like he was gonna sacrifice/martyr himself vs Muzan in order to help Tanjiro.

But damn Giyu, it was bad enough that he lost an arm..he's still pushing..he doesn't need to die. Out of all the Pillars it would be nice to see Giyu survive.

Muzan's chest mouth is a wicked appearance. He should of pulled that our earlier

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
what if muzan visited kamado family years earlier? hahaha dad vs muzan would be an interesting fight. with muzan getting more ptsd
Muzan would demolish him... only Yoriichi was stronger.

Sato-san

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It seems Muzan electrocuted Tanjirou and Iguro, but Inosuke and Zenitsu came in just in time.

levi12

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Seems like Iguro is knock out. Reinforcements need to come out Giyu and Himejima better hurry

Kanao and Sanemi needs to get here

haijihusbando

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Korean full scans are out on https://ww3.demonslayermanga.com/chapter/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-spoilers-raw-chapter-197/

Zenitsu and Inosuke basically give really emotional Rengoku level speeches on how they cant die: Inosuke talks about how Himeijima lost his leg and Giyuu lost his arm but they're still trying to fight, Zenitsu says that Tanjiro is still alive as he can hear his heartbeat, how they gotta go visit Nezuko's hometown after this is done now that she's human, and how they have family waiting for them so they cant die anymore.

Muzan unleashes what looks like his blood demon art which hits Iguro and Tanjiro, he can't breathe so he needs to stab himself where he got hit. Muzan can't use his blood demon art that much because of Tamayo's medicine destroying him, which is why he looks so exhausted, he says his tentacle arm things are too heavy to lift now; at the start of the chapter Tamayo explains a bit about her 4 poisons, and Muzan comments how this is so different to the poison Shinobu used on Douma.

In the Ubuyashiki mansion, the boy asks whether theyre okay on the battlefield as he cant see through the magic sign since the crow was killed; Senjuro speculates whether Muzan has managed to affect them from all the way here, as they bleed from their noses (I didn't quite get this part tbh). 25 minutes left til dawn.

Last few panels say how they will fight until their last breath, until they die.
(These are all my very rough translations as a Korean)

Last edited:

Shiro Namikaze

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
What happened with Sanemi and Kanao?

-Stray

Reaction score
Country
Color me surprised, Muzan has currently now used 3 skills. Tentacle flapping, run (escape) and now electricity. I want Muzan to do more tricks!

With Nezuko coming never say never, maybe she kept her healing powers
I sure hope so, I'm more in favour of my boi not dying.

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
How I mess shinazugawa upper body

The giant mouth is alarming, cool, but alarming, feeding time?

haijihusbando

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
I did another amateur translation of the Inosuke and Zenitsu part in more detail for anyone who wants it (source: am korean):

(Starting from Inosuke's entrance)

Inosuke: Haa... haa. watch out, I won't forgive you easily for hitting me

Tanjiro on the ground: Inosuke, inosuke, it's dangerous, it's dangerous

Muzan: My blood demon art isn't coming out, is this because of the drugs/poisons stacking up...

Inosuke: Our swords...

The bead man's (Himejima) foot and the half-half haori man's (Giyuu) arms have been ripped off. The corpses strewn around everywhere are our colleagues that we even shared food with together.

Give it back. The foot, the hand as well, the lives too, I'm telling you to give it all back. And if that's not possible (with a crying face), THEN DIE A MILLION TIMES AND APOLOGISE!

(or something like that)

-----

Zenitsu's motivational speech, starting from his entrance:

Inosuke stay strong a little more/longer! Tanjiro's still alive, I can hear his heartbeat. Tanjiro, only think/focus on staying alive. Listen to me properly, you won't die, you can't ever die. We have to go back home with Nezuko-chan, with the Nezuko-chan who's returned human, we have to return back home to your/our hometown, there's family waiting for us to return.

-----

And the last few panels have a very ominous narration:

(I think this is Himejima talking): Without succumbing/falling to defeat (or similar), we gather together (referring to the demon slayers): when we meet, we will get back up no matter how many times, until the break of dawn, until the moment I can't breathe.

Goatyaiba

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
That is most likely Sanemi’s leg in the same panel as Himejima and Giyu, so these 3 are returning back

The Trinity

Reaction score
Country
United States
Blade of Demon Destruction, but that sounds gross so Demon Slayer it is.

What do you think is the obvious answer to the question of why Tanjiro is stabbing himself? Given that we have limited translations it's to be expected that there's some speculation and debate about what's going on, even if there is a more obvious answer, I don't see what's wrong with that...
The whole point of mentioning that was because it didn't seem important but situationally appropriate to stab himself due to fatigue and every other obvious physical factor he has endured to this point. Also, you're making me a hypocrite for even responding to this lol. Anywho, more importantly, what is his sister to do now that she's human? Is she void of her powers? Maybe she's retained muscle memory to he flame technique.

Sato-san

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, we’ve got some amateur translations. We can wait for official ones but the links everyone has been putting up for the spoilers are scanned and translated now guys

aaannnnannan

Reaction score
Country
England
Do someone think that there will be a post twist a the very end? I mean so many important guys have been killed off and probably another 2/3 will die , so it could be possible that a "Tensei" plot twist will appear (even if i don't think it will).

Taska

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Do someone think that there will be a post twist a the very end? I mean so many important guys have been killed off and probably another 2/3 will die , so it could be possible that a "Tensei" plot twist will appear (even if i don't think it will).
I highly doubt that something like this is going to happen. Manga has been quite realistic about self-sacrifice, the nature of human, that compared to demons the can't just immediately regrow their lost limbs e.t.c. "Tensei" would just totally undermine it all and would be totally unrealistic in terms of the world
But at the same time, even if somehow, with the power of love Nezuko with her magic burst heals and resurrects everyone, I wouldn't mind that much. Because they deserve their happiness and long, healthy even after ;_______;

aaannnnannan

Reaction score
Country
England
I highly doubt that something like this is going to happen. Manga has been quite realistic about self-sacrifice, the nature of human, that compared to demons the can't just immediately regrow their lost limbs e.t.c. "Tensei" would just totally undermine it all and would be totally unrealistic in terms of the world
But at the same time, even if somehow, with the power of love Nezuko with her magic burst heals and resurrects everyone, I wouldn't mind that much. Because they deserve their happiness and long, healthy even after ;_______;
Yeah I have the completely same thought as you, I liked the manga until now because it’s “realistic “ . I mean guys are losing arms , feet’s , fingers , hands and life but still if everybody is gonna come back at the end and it’s logically explained well I would be okay with that