Predictions - Do you think she will reach the top? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions Do you think she will reach the top?

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
She is definitely wasting a wish on being pretty, icarus body got erased its just data anyway, Gustang is a scientist he can do something similar or close, who knows he might have some zahard blood somewhere, an Emile ignition weapon working from within isn't enough, Rachel doesn't like to train nor does she have enough real combat experience, artificial hax can only go so far in real fights, the stingray was never hers zahard recognized it instantly, so Gustang always knew the outcome regardless of what happened who died or live, he was gonna get the bracelet and zahard was gonna give orders in retaliation.

The thorns aren't that hard to control imo, Bam is just too weak so the thorns are constantly trying to regulate there power for him, anytime he is trouble or losing it, they operate above his limits to support his wishes been that way since he got them, also imo no one but bam can get them to work, I know it been said that any irregular can use it, but it would be silly that none of the FH haven't over the years casually tried to wake one of the fragments, also the God outside would be incompetent if he can't put a simple security lock on it until bam arrives.
Icarus's body is data but there was a way to bring what was in the data world, that's why Gustang sent Baam there in the first place. Gustang has some privileges so he might be able to do something. I know artificial hax won't be good forever, but against most of the Regulars it would help her for a good while.

It's weird to say that Baam is too weak, his physical abilities are average compared to 10F members but his physical training is good(and you probably need more than stamina to wield the Thorn anyway). If it was hard for Baam to wield a single fragment like that then it would be even harder for Rachel. Of course the FHs would be able to wield the Thorn easily, but they are Rankers unlike Baam and Rachel, even now Baam has a hard time with two fragments. Rachel will need to get stronger if she really plans to wield the Thorn.

Orbs2op

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Icarus's body is data but there was a way to bring what was in the data world, that's why Gustang sent Baam there in the first place. Gustang has some privileges so he might be able to do something. I know artificial hax won't be good forever, but against most of the Regulars it would help her for a good while.

It's weird to say that Baam is too weak, his physical abilities are average compared to 10F members but his physical training is good(and you probably need more than stamina to wield the Thorn anyway). If it was hard for Baam to wield a single fragment like that then it would be even harder for Rachel. Of course the FHs would be able to wield the Thorn easily, but they are Rankers unlike Baam and Rachel, even now Baam has a hard time with two fragments. Rachel will need to get stronger if she really plans to wield the Thorn.
Nah remember the data world got formatted to complete nothingness, it would be ass pull even for Gustang, he could remodel her to be icarus again though, I agree as far regulars to weaker rankers goes she can probably own no doubt, but that as far as her talent takes her imo.

Bam is weak as far as still being a regular on a regular contract goes, shinsu capacity is a thing and it gets bigger the more you climb, the thorns far exceeds his capacity atm, so imo their not hard to control cause they are sentient, they give him what he can handle once he goes beyond that his stamina gets depleted but not physically hurt(except for space bursting scratches) , I'm not saying he has mastered them either cause that won't happen until he stronger to unlock as more abilities and attacks.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nah remember the data world got formatted to complete nothingness, it would be ass pull even for Gustang, he could remodel her to be icarus again though, I agree as far regulars to weaker rankers goes she can probably own no doubt, but that as far as her talent takes her imo.

Bam is weak as far as still being a regular on a regular contract goes, shinsu capacity is a thing and it gets bigger the more you climb, the thorns far exceeds his capacity atm, so imo their not hard to control cause they are sentient, they give him what he can handle once he goes beyond that his stamina gets depleted but not physically hurt(except for space bursting scratches) , I'm not saying he has mastered them either cause that won't happen until he stronger to unlock as more abilities and attacks.
Recreating Icarus's body seems far more likely than turning her into a Princess at least.

Baam doesn't need contracts. He made one once during the Wave Controller class but there is no reason to think he made more. The Guardian even told him that it was more of a shackle for him back then. SIU also confirmed that the Thorn is not sentient, Baam burdened his body a few times for more power.

Last edited:

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
She is going to turn into a ignition weapon also. Since she doesn’t have a guide she could guide herself using Emily.

Orbs2op

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Recreating Icarus's body seems far more likely than turning her into a Princess at least.

Baam doesn't need contracts. He made one once during the Wave Controller class but there is no reason to think he made more. The Guardian even told him that it was more of a shackle for him back then. SIU also confirmed that the Thorn is not sentient, Baam burdened his body a few times for more power.
Yeah but I'm pretty sure bam and Co, can smash Rachel with icarus powers still, but she will be relevant if she can learn shinwonryu at least.

I honestly don't think bam is not on a contract, for the simple fact everyone recognized bam on sight as a regular, and he is ranked as a c class regular, that should be the effects of the contracts, if you don't have a contract or anything to identify you as such, it would be weird for strangers to instantly recognize bam as c rank/regular, but it hasn't been brought up since season 1, so I assume he uses one still while climbing, I think people got carried away with irregulars having infinite shinsu stuff, zahard and Co have contracts still, so infinite shinsu doesn't make invincible or anything, you just have infinite more access to shinsu compared to tower born people, other than enryu being servant of god had enough to overpower an admin instantly that literally has nothing to do with the tower or infinite shinsu or anything just raw power.

About the thorns whether Siu confirmed it or not, they just don't act dead or non sentient imo, if bam has a thought they take care of the rest, the thorns clearly can read bam mind and if he is real trouble even without his permission they activate and actively protect, like thorn 2 bam choked out and was unconscious, Bam didn't know it can teleport or anything, so who is commanding it?

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Depends.
If all you need to make a princess is Jahad's blood, I certainly wouldn't put it past Gustang to have that ready.

And now that he's officially an enemy of Jahad (One of Jahad's order was the death of all of Gustang's family), I think he wouldn't hesistate to create a princess.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

She is going to turn into a ignition weapon also. Since she doesn’t have a guide she could guide herself using Emily.
I like that idea.

We already saw that guide are very strong.
And we know that one of Jahad most special skill is precognition and the ability to change fates/paths (unless I'm wrong about that?).

So, if Rachel could have a similar power by somehow fusing with Emily (which we know is already able to create fake paths that confuses guides like Hwaryun), she could become very strong.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Depends.
If all you need to make a princess is Jahad's blood, I certainly wouldn't put it past Gustang to have that ready.

And now that he's officially an enemy of Jahad (One of Jahad's order was the death of all of Gustang's family), I think he wouldn't hesistate to create a princess.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I like that idea.

We already saw that guide are very strong.
And we know that one of Jahad most special skill is precognition and the ability to change fates/paths (unless I'm wrong about that?).

So, if Rachel could have a similar power by somehow fusing with Emily (which we know is already able to create fake paths that confuses guides like Hwaryun), she could become very strong.
Gustang can have a lot of things, but Zahard blood I doubt it considering how strict the process is.

Guides aren't portrayed as very strong compared to other people of similar rank actually. For example Evan who is considered a great Guide(Top 100) rivals Yuri in strength. Hwa Ryun also seemed rather strong at the beginning but SIU said later that she isn't a fighter(a blog post during the Name Hunt arc IIRC).

Soo-oh has an interesting ability but it's hard to gauge her strength, same for Yuto.

There are similarities but I don't think Zahard and the Guide's abilities work the same way. Zahard and Khel Hellam's powers aren't treated the same way as Red Witches's powers. Khel even has Soo-oh as partner but his ability stands out.

I can see Rachel fusing with Emile or something like that in the future(although Emily is already a LIW by herself) but this wouldn't be enough for her to get the causality manipulation ability IMO. Such an ability wouldn't affect her fighting abilities much.

She could be used to upgrade her Lighthouse too. It's her position after all. If she could get something like Enna Core it would be pretty useful.