Society - Do You Follow the News? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Society Do You Follow the News?

How often do you keep up with the news?

• I watch the news on TV once every day.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I watch the news on TV multiple times every day.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I watch the news and read the newspaper every day.

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I primarily follow the news on the internet every day.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Sometimes I'll watch the news, read the newspaper, or use the internet.

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • I don't really care, I just learn about the news here and there.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Please Post.)

Votes: 7 10.4%

• Total voters

segua

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I ask myself if what the major news coverage is really news worthy these days. I thought the coverage on Anna Nicole's death was absolutely rubbish and also Britteny's lost custody of her child was rubbish. Do I need to know stuff like that? Is it really relevant to my life?

Even on those supposedly "independent" news, you might run the risk of misinformation, having mostly opinionated rather than unbiased news and other things. I find that it's such a burden to go through all those news articles just to disseminate them for the actually relevant pieces.

I suppose I'm not interested in news but relevant information.

ILUVATAR

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
i am one of the most that once in a while will use either form to inform themselves, TV newspaper or internet. i'll watch the news on the TV at the evening but that will be once a day or even once every 2 days. i mostly prefer the internet to get the news and learn a few things about what's going on aroun the world..... unfortunately news from the TV here in greece include mostly gossips -_-;

Flavor

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I keep up with current news through rss feeds. I also read blogs, magazines and alot of books pertaining to Economics, domestic issues, and history.

Right now I'm reading Milton Freedman's Capitalism and Freedom.

Alot of the news on TV is junk these days, IMO.

mrcongojack

Reaction score
Country
United States
I get it mainly off the internet from Yahoo! News and from CNN RSS Feeds ( I get their US, World, Politics, and Economics feeds) and I watch CSPAN.

itachi565656

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
i don't really care about the news much....i just watch it when they ACTUALLY have something interesting to talk about..

Gr1mmy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Taiwan
News is important. I just don't care that much.

I usually learn news using forums... and talking to friends.

Vampire_Fanatic

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i usually stick to int'l things, or anything about communism, thats about it....

lordHokage

Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
I voted for sometimes I’ll watch the news, read the newspaper, or use the internet.

I prefer to watch, read or listen to the news during the week days, not every day and that also include the weekends as well for a very short period of time. :D

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been reading news a lot more often than usual.

I will read it almost everyday now with fast internet. I just go on to internet and I have all the RSS feed there for me to click. Internet is wonderful. :nuts

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hm, I don't really read the newspaper anymore, even though we get it free in our dorm, and I don't watch it on tv because I rarely watch TV. Lately I've had my local newspaper send me emails with like the day's top stories and I get my information from there

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I do follow the news, mostly whenever I have the time to do so.

How do I get my news?

I used to read newspapers, but I didn't like the way the articles were formatted. Plus, I'm not gonna lie, some of the topics that made the headlines didn't interest me at all.

These days, I just use the internet because I can get straight to the point with what I'm looking for. I read both articles on the internet and sometimes watch the news if I have extra time.

I mean, it's free and quick, so why not.

Why do I follow the news?

Just because I'm interested in current events and what types of political, social, educational, or economic issues that exist today. It doesn't hurt to stay informed, especially since my life is largely affected by society.

I don't expect others to keep up with the news though, and I don't really care if a person wants to or doesn't want to closely follow it.

Besides, I'm as socially liberal as you can get. (Not judgmental about other people's decisions or actions - unless they pose some kind of negative or serious threat to others.)

What topics do I mostly follow?

Most of my interests are in criminal cases, criminology, forensics, politics, education, and a variety of other social issues.

From time to time, I do venture out into other areas such as technology and space research, but otherwise, the above list is what usually has my attention.

Of course, I'm always updated with recreational activities and entertainment, such as movies, games, manga, etc., but that's a whole other topic in itself.

Long story short, for the poll, I voted "I primarily follow the news on the internet everyday".

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I watch the news once a day to know what's happening in my country... and also to know what holidays are ahead cause holidays are fun :zomg