Art - DGM Volume Covers Thread | Page 53 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Art DGM Volume Covers Thread

NonExisted

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
What publication will this be included exactly?
Volume 25
For the localization, I don't know much. My country's will get it when it's out but we had to fight a whole war with the local publisher for that. If previous Viz's volumes have the poster, it will have this poster too.

Sullyan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Tomorrow !
You think redraw something? Dark Neah... those black eyes... It scares me.:D
You know something of the blackout?
Edit:
Volume 25

For the localization, I don't know much. My country's will get it when it's out but we had to fight a whole war with the local publisher for that. If previous Viz's volumes have the poster, it will have this poster too.
Spain Ivrea be released in October. (November , December, January ... delays) will you know when VIZ?

Last edited:

lanablack

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
All the extra pages from volume 25 (i'm still figuring out how to make the pictures on Kindle PC bigger OTL)
There are some rough sketch between the chapters as well but i can't zoom so they're kinda blurry...

Edit: I managed to get clearer pictures of the Talk Corner :D

Last edited:

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
All the extra pages from volume 25 (i'm still figuring out how to make the pictures on Kindle PC bigger OTL)
There are some rough sketch between the chapters as well but i can't zoom so they're kinda blurry...

Wondering about the questions

practically

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's really quite possible that I'm wrong about any of these, but perhaps it's easier to correct a list than to put it together...?

Questions:
Q1: Who is Timothy, who only recently entered the Order, close with?

Q2: After moving to the new HQ, what happened to the Gatekeeper and No. 65?

Q3: At the beginning of the Komuvitan arc in volume 16, why was Krory, who was supposedly in a coma, bound with chains?

Q4: Why won’t Kanda cut his hair? Didn’t he want to keep it short? (短くしようと思ったことはないんですか。) When are you planning to grow Lenalee’s hair out?

Q5: Is Kanda a cat person? A dog person?

Q6: As Parasitic types, do Krory and Timothy eat on par with Allen?

Q7: Have you thought about if you want Allen to dye his white (grey) hair or keep it this color? (This one I really fudged...)

Q8: How much is the salary for the science section?

Q9: When Miranda is on a solo mission, how does she defeat the enemy?

Q10: Does Lavi have a spare eyepatch?

Q11: Is Chief Inspector Rouvelier married?

Q12: Are there no schools in the Order?

Q13: Are there any important skills needed for entering the Order?!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Is double posting allowed if I'd like to notify people that I'm uploading these? Sorry for the inconvenience, but I stayed up all night to finish these, among other things, so I'd like to share them as best I can! ^^;;;;

anyoneforthe

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's really quite possible that I'm wrong about any of these, but perhaps it's easier to correct a list than to put it together...?

Questions:
Q1: Who is Timothy, who only recently entered the Order, close with?

Q2: After moving to the new HQ, what happened to the Gatekeeper and No. 65?

Q3: At the beginning of the Komuvitan arc in volume 16, why was Krory, who was supposedly in a coma, bound with chains?

Q4: Why won’t Kanda cut his hair? Didn’t he want to keep it short? (短くしようと思ったことはないんですか。) When are you planning to grow Lenalee’s hair out?

Q5: Is Kanda a cat person? A dog person?

Q6: As Parasitic types, do Krory and Timothy eat on par with Allen?

Q7: Have you thought about if you want Allen to dye his white (grey) hair or keep it this color? (This one I really fudged...)

Q8: How much is the salary for the science section?

Q9: When Miranda is on a solo mission, how does she defeat the enemy?

Q10: Does Lavi have a spare eyepatch?

Q11: Is Chief Inspector Rouvelier married?

Q12: Are there no schools in the Order?

Q13: Are there any important skills needed for entering the Order?!
Is double posting allowed if I'd like to notify people that I'm uploading these? Sorry for the inconvenience, but I stayed up all night to finish these, among other things, so I'd like to share them as best I can! ^^;;;;

THANKS A BILLION!!!!!!
Has anyone translated the answers yet? I would love to know what they are!

MSofAofCOCA

Reaction score
Country
United States
Quick question, was there anything on the back of the volume (where the summary usually goes)? The last few volumes had some additional character art.

Also, according to the Jump SQ Thread, the Jump SQ magazine in July will have an alternate cover for the 25th volume. Though, I am a bit perplexed as to why Jump SQ would feature DGM at this point in time...
THANKS A BILLION!!!!!!
Has anyone translated the answers yet? I would love to know what they are!
It looks like Panthaleia is working on it. It's only been, like, a day, since the volume's release though!

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Quick question, was there anything on the back of the volume (where the summary usually goes)? The last few volumes had some additional character art.
Nea in his Allen form and the Noah side

lanablack

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam

i think you mean this? (credit to dgmhallow@tumblr)

MSofAofCOCA

Reaction score
Country
United States

i think you mean this? (credit to dgmhallow@tumblr)
Maybe? I think that is half of the back cover plus the obligatory advert. Have you seen a scan of the whole thing anywhere?

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
did you guys know about this?

Issue 8's lead color will be a Blue Exorcist poster, and it'll also come with a Qualedia Code poster and D. Gray-Man v25 alternate cover. Twin Star is also going to be 60 pages.

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
i think that the back covers are better than the main cover since vol23, lol

capricorn

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
i think that the back covers are better than the main cover since vol23, lol[/QUOTE

LOL, I think all the monthly back covers look better than the front. But I'm starting to think that maybe that is what she's going for. The only ting that slightly bothers me is that the noah skin is too muh of a saturated brown which clashes a bit with the other aspects of their character designs. I much preferred the slight grey.

lanablack

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
LOL, I think all the monthly back covers look better than the front. But I'm starting to think that maybe that is what she's going for. The only ting that slightly bothers me is that the noah skin is too muh of a saturated brown which clashes a bit with the other aspects of their character designs. I much preferred the slight grey.
apparently, tumblr has a lot to say about that. some even start saying the old anime is "wrong" for making them gray as if hoshino never color them gray before lol

capricorn

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica

apparently, tumblr has a lot to say about that. some even start saying the old anime is "wrong" for making them gray as if hoshino never color them gray before lol

That's actually true, but for me I think that's one of the few decisions the animators made which I prefer over the manga.

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I guess the grey color fits them well but brown looks nice either

That's actually true, but for me I think that's one of the few decisions the animators made which I prefer over the manga.
It's not true, ever since vol5 we see them with grey skin, like road in vol5, tykk vol6, etc

lanablack

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
huh? and all these time i thought this is what people called 'gray' my bad then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
honestly i don't have any problem with brown skin Noah, but i just don't like the way people just ignored what actually exist in order to make their point appear more valid (of course i don't mean you, i mean some people i saw on tumblr). i remember seeing this post saying headcanon the noahs with any other skin color other than brown is white-washing/brown-erasure and i was like ??? it's not even their real skin color??? and it's not like people imagine the noahs with gray skin out of nowhere. the manga's title it's d.GRAY-man for god's sake.
and i wish people can stop take hoshino's coloring too serious. i mean she is japanese, high chance is she isn't awared of how sensitive this topic is in western countries and just color whatever. if we take it literally lenalee should have at least 3 different hair color by now. my bet is that gray is simply doesn't suit her vibrant coloring style anymore so she uses brown instead.