Art - DGM Volume Covers Thread | Page 52 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Art DGM Volume Covers Thread

fuff

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
ya tbh the cover is not that great would have been nice if neah was more on the cover? but like nothing really intresting has been happening the manga...the plot is going pretty slow and we already knew that mana was the earl so there was no real surprises...still tho what im really looking fwd to is the anime cant wait! tho sucks the VA changed :( kanda now sounds like shizou from drr! i really loved his previous va voice, lavi still kinda sounds the same, and for allen..i will miss kobyashi...

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
ya tbh the cover is not that great would have been nice if neah was more on the cover? but like nothing really intresting has been happening the manga...the plot is going pretty slow and we already knew that mana was the earl so there was no real surprises...still tho what im really looking fwd to is the anime cant wait! tho sucks the VA changed :( kanda now sounds like shizou from drr! i really loved his previous va voice, lavi still kinda sounds the same, and for allen..i will miss kobyashi...
Hasn't the plot been running much faster than ever? People think DGM is about to end was because of this

we already knew that mana was the earl so there was no real surprises
Surprises isn't the main point of the twist anyway

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm surprised no one is mentioning that Hoshino is drawing attention to the unexplained canonical resemblance between Tyki and Nea. I find it fascinating that this seems to have remained on her mind.

anyoneforthe

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm surprised no one is mentioning that Hoshino is drawing attention to the unexplained canonical resemblance between Tyki and Nea. I find it fascinating that this seems to have remained on her mind.
What do you mean "Hoshino is drawing attention"?

It's a picture of Mana and Nea. Not tyki.

neah

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Am I the only one who likes the cover? I think it's kinda creative. It's true that it is nothing like her other covers but I still think it's pretty creative. I like the idea of the reflection of Nea. Since they are one in the same.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
What do you mean "Hoshino is drawing attention"?

It's a picture of Mana and Nea. Not tyki.
It doesn't look to me like Mana, but I suppose that's the more likely interpretation since the mirror thing is an established bit of symbolism between them, and they're who the volume's chapters are about.

Jaymie

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Unpopular opinion I guess, but I prefer the minimalist D.Gray-man covers over the overstuffed ones. Hoshino realizes that less is more. You can definitely tell it was drawn digitally though. But it's better than whatever happened with the Volume 20 cover.

It probably would have looked better with a centralized logo. There's too much happening in the upper left corner.

fuff

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hasn't the plot been running much faster than ever? People think DGM is about to end was because of this

Surprises isn't the main point of the twist anyway
...are u serious?! LOL hoshino said that the plot was further from the end on insta...its drifting away or something like that...the plot has been slow for the past two months it hasnt really moved much considering its a 3mo manga...

lanablack

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
It doesn't look to me like Mana, but I suppose that's the more likely interpretation since the mirror thing is an established bit of symbolism between them, and they're who the volume's chapters are about.
That's definitely Mana though? Since Tyki always (?) tie his hair up when his hair was long and he has a mole under his left eye (now that i think about it, maybe the mole exist for this purpose and not just some aesthetic choice lol)

...are u serious?! LOL hoshino said that the plot was further from the end on insta...its drifting away or something like that...the plot has been slow for the past two months it hasnt really moved much considering its a 3mo manga...
i remember she said the plot has drifted away from the original ending, so it could mean it's heading to another ending though but tbh i don't trust my memory on this. (yeah i'm one of those people who think dgm is ending but according to my calculation we would still have to wait another 20 years)

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
hoshino said that the plot was further from the end on insta...its drifting away or something like that...
She said in the character book review that "It's becoming further and further away from the original ending she thought of when she just started writing DGM".

I seriously said that the plot has been moving extremely fast comparing to pre-hiatus chapters. I'm not saying that DGM is about to end soon, not in another 10 years. 4 chapters after the hiatus are basically info dump chapters with more facts revealed, even if they raise more questions, a lot of questions have been answered to the point it put a lot of people to a panic mode that DGM may end soon and an magazine actually asked Hoshino about it in an interview in January.

Basically, all of the sudden, we got:

-Mana is the Earl
-Truth about Mana and Nea, how Nea died, how Mana lost himself
-The Earl's true ability
-The fact that Noahs have their own really serious problems
-Link and Nea join forces
-Cross's "mistake"
-Allen finds a way after who knows many volumes wandering around and got lost.
-Bookman's and Lavi's situation

A lot happens in this volume more than volume 23 or 24. It's just since the volume entirely focuses on Nea, Mana and Allen, a lot of characters were left out, including some people's favorite characters like Kanda, Lenalee, Lavi, etc... which makes them feel the volume is empty and did not progress much, even though it's packed more content.

MonkeyW

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
She said in the character book review that "It's becoming further and further away from the original ending she thought of when she just started writing DGM".

I seriously said that the plot has been moving extremely fast comparing to pre-hiatus chapters. I'm not saying that DGM is about to end soon, not in another 10 years. 4 chapters after the hiatus are basically info dump chapters with more facts revealed, even if they raise more questions, a lot of questions have been answered to the point it put a lot of people to a panic mode that DGM may end soon and an magazine actually asked Hoshino about it in an interview in January.

Basically, all of the sudden, we got:

-Mana is the Earl
-Truth about Mana and Nea, how Nea died, how Mana lost himself
-The Earl's true ability
-The fact that Noahs have their own really serious problems
-Link and Nea join forces
-Cross's "mistake"
-Allen finds a way after who knows many volumes wandering around and got lost.
-Bookman's and Lavi's situation

A lot happens in this volume more than volume 23 or 24. It's just since the volume entirely focuses on Nea, Mana and Allen, a lot of characters were left out, including some people's favorite characters like Kanda, Lenalee, Lavi, etc... which makes them feel the volume is empty and did not progress much, even though it's packed more content.

maybe the plot "been running much faster than ever" because one chapter have 40-50 pages?
40-50 pages it is 2 chapters in Jump SQ... and one month for hiatus or break ;D
If DGM published in SQ so we would have 8 or more chapters at this moment but DGM's chapters published in SQ.Crown
I think it's okay and we don't need to worry that Hoshino would like to end DGM earlier...

Sullyan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
But...I like the cover. It has surprised me. I did not expect that design. It's strange. Is cool:zomg

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
maybe the plot "been running much faster than ever" because one chapter have 40-50 pages?
40-50 pages it is 2 chapters in Jump SQ... and one month for hiatus or break ;D
If DGM published in SQ so we would have 8 or more chapters at this moment but DGM's chapters published in SQ.Crown
I think it's okay and we don't need to worry that Hoshino would like to end DGM earlier...
I count on volume, not on chapters to be fair about the pages count, even though volume 25 has more pages than 24 but it was because of the hiatus. ; v;

Since Searching for A.W arc began, DGM has always been in some short of in bi-monthly release schedule with 20-30 pages per chapter. That's why I didn't feel anything when I knew about the quarterly schedule as it's gonna be the same to before the hiatus.

Last edited:

Jaymie

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have a feeling that Hoshino has something wild planned for the Anime. Next chapter is the first chapter of Volume 26, and it coincides with the new Anime, so she's going to bring her A Game. Judging by her Instagram posts it'll be a Bookman arc featuring the B List exorcists (Krory hasn't had a storyline since Volume 12 and Chaoji has always been irrelevant).

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Poster is Sq Crown cover (the one with Allen and Road)