Info - Contest Archive | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Contest Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Round 1 winners have been announced.

It's time for the first Japanese and Korean Music Contest involving all your favorite artists!

This is your opportunity to give your opinion of songs that are on the air waves in Japan.

The winning artist will be given a featured week spotlight - more info on this after contest is over.​

Round #1 your selection will be New Fall Series Openings.

"only my railgun" by fripSide Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

"Hajimari no Hi" by Suga Shikao feat. Mummy-D Tegami Bachi

"Tsukiakari no Michishirube" by Stereopony Darker Than Black Gemini

"Kimi ni Todoke" by Tanizawa Tomofumi Kimi ni Todoke

"Kimi ga Inai Mirai" by Do as Infinity InuYasha Final Act

"Magic Number" by Maaya Sakamoto Kobato

"Snow fairy" by FUNKIST Fairy Tail

"Arrival of Tears" by Ayane 11eyes

Poll is a secret ballot, but if you want to tell who you voted for go ahead. Base your vote on the song and not animation.

Have any new songs that weren't on the list? Then PM I'm_Akiyama the song of your choice and it could be entered in the next round. Provide links if there's a music-video/OP/ED of the song.

Last edited:

~FrienD~

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Re: Music Contest Round 1

Kimi no todoke. sounds like a commercial lol, i can't wait for the full version to be released.
however i like these too:
"Hajimari no Hi" by Suga Shikao feat. Mummy-D Tegami Bachi
"Tsukiakari no Michishirube" by Stereopony Darker Than Black Gemini
"Magic Number" by Maaya Sakamoto Kobato(i'm a fan of maaya since macross)
"Snow fairy" by FUNKIST Fairy Tail

heard of ali project from tatakau shisho: bantorra?

Last edited:

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
Contest Winners

Round 1 Winner
Full Version PV

"Hajimari no Hi" by Suga Shikao feat. Mummy-D will be released as a single on November 25.​

4 votes "Hajimari no Hi" by Suga Shikao feat. Mummy-D Tegami Bachi

3 votes "Tsukiakari no Michishirube" by Stereopony Darker Than Black Gemini

2 votes "Kimi ga Inai Mirai" by Do as Infinity InuYasha Final Act

2 votes "Arrival of Tears" by Ayane 11eyes

1 vote "only my railgun" by fripSide Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

1 vote "Kimi ni Todoke" by Tanizawa Tomofumi Kimi ni Todoke

1 vote "Magic Number" by Maaya Sakamoto Kobato

1 vote "Snow fairy" by FUNKIST Fairy Tail

1 vote "Arrival of Tears" by Ayane 11eyes

Name: 菅止戈男 [スガシカオ] (Suga Shikao) (the guy on the left)
Date of Birth: July 28, 1966 age-43
Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
Height: 171cm (5'6")
Weight: 57kg (125lbs)
Blood Type: O
Astrological Sign: Leo
Postion: Vocalist, Lyricist, Producer
Fanclub: SHIKAO & THE FAN-KEY-TRAIN
Instrument: Acoustic and Electric Guitar, Bass

Hobbies & Interests: Radio DJ, soccer, tropical islands, collecting badges and pins, AV critique, looking for delicious restaurants, decorative plants, going to Don Quixote (Japanese convenience store) late at night.

Skills: Can make good drip coffee, can write lyrics while drunk, can read manga very quickly

Weaknesses: Terrible memory, nosy, crowds, maintaining relationships, heights, television cameras

Favorite foods: Powdered cheese, powdered mustard, mayonnaise, soba, chicken

Least favorite foods:
Pork belly, green peas, sweet side dishes

Tastes: I smoked two-and-a-half packs of cigarettes a day, but have been smoke-free since March 2002. I like red wine and coffee.

Favorite type of woman: Face like a dog

Weak points: Archetypal type-O. I put a scary amount of effort into the things I'm interested in, but ignore anything outside that. I like to think I'm a quick-thinking and urbane in front of people, but deep down I'm introverted, prone to loneliness (picked up from my father), poison-tongued, arrogant, selfish, and hate more than anything being ordered around by others. It's a lifestyle that would be supremely burdensome had I not become a musician.

Strong points: Optimistic about a lot of things, a hard worker, passionate about charity, strong sense of duty (Or so I think... my own judgement.), sadistic about all things.

Favorite music:
I haven't listened to much rock in my past. I've listened to mostly soul, funk, and R&B since the 70's. More than up tempo stuff, I like solid black music with a strong message (I hate showy, flashy music).
Starting with Sly & the Family Stone and Prince, I like Marvin Gay, Danny Hathaway, Stevie, Chuck Brown, Curtis Mayfield, ZAPP, GCS, EW&F, Gil Scott Heron,... if I keep going like this there'll be no end, so I'll stop here. Coming from a different direction, Paco de Lucia and Takahashi Takeyama have been favorites for twenty years, and there's also Daniel Ho and Slack Hawaiian.... Recently I've been influenced by Damien Rice to listen to more UK rock.
I listen to plenty of Japanese music, too. Especially the Flying Kids when I was just starting out; the influence I took from them is immeasurable. I could go on naming artists forever; from singer-songwriters to funk, from the band scene to the popular and down into the genres for maniacs, I listen to it all.

Favorite Books: My favorite authors include Murakami Haruki, Ooe Kenzaburou, Shouji Kaoru, and many others. I prefer recent and new authors to old authors. Though in my youth I read enough comics to last a lifetime, I seem to have a taste for stories of clubs and groups; some titles I enjoyed are Kawa Yori mo Nagaku Yuruyaka Ni by Yoshida Akimi and Hachimitsu to Clover by Umino Chika. in addition I've enjoyed Bokunchi, Minami-kun no Koibito, Black Jack, etc. Recently I've been deeply into xxxHOLiC and Death Note. Of course as a musician I'm reading Nana, too.

Favorite Movie: The eternal number one is of course Godfather. I tend not to like fancy movies, but rather dark, heavy, and sad movies. Midnight Express, Se7en, Green Mile, Silence of the Lambs, Sixth Sense... again, the list is endless.

Name: 坂間 大介 (Daisuke Sakama) aka Mummy-D(the guy on the right)
Date of Birth: April 14, 1970 age-39
Birthplace: Yokohama, Kanagawa
Blood Type: A
Education: Graduated from Department of Political Science Department of Political Economy, Waseda University
Genre: Hip hop

If you liked this song, you might want to check out other Suga Shikao songs-
Party People, Kono Yubi Tomare (Stop at This Finger), Nobody Knows, Phonoscope, Gogo no Parade, 19sai

Runner-up
"Tsukiakari no Michishirube" by Stereopony-full version PV

Last edited:

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Music Contest Round 2

Round 2 winners have been announced.

Round #2 your selection will be Popular J-POP PVs.

MISIA 「I want to meet you now」

lecca 「My measure」

GIRL NEXT DOOR 「ORION」

Denda Mao 「My Style」

EXILE 「THE GENERATION ~ two lips」

monobright 「Sun of Loneliness」

BIG BAN 「Let me hear your voice」

UVERworld 「Sorrow is certain」

Please tell me any translation mistakes!

Poll is a secret ballot, but if you want to tell who you voted for go ahead.

Have any new songs that weren't on the list? Then PM I'm_Akiyama the song of your choice and it could be entered in the next round. Provide links if there's a music-video/PV/OP/ED of the song.

Last edited:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Please tell me any translation mistakes!
MISIA's song title is "I want to meet you now"
monobright's is "Sun of Loneliness" and
UVERworld's would rather be "Sorrow is certain" :tem

----

Personally I didn't like too many of those songs...especially the first few were WAY too wussy-like. *lol*
As an EXILE fan I liked their song, it was okay. Still not sure whom to vote for, it'll be between monobright (really catchy and cool) and good ol' UVERworld (like them a lot and Takuya's voice is just GREAT)!

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand

Thanks again Akiyama and Kaiten :) I voted for UVERworld 「Sorrow is certain」, it had the best music in my opinion and I'm a fan of the band.

bakagemi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Thanks again Akiyama and Kaiten :) I voted for UVERworld 「Sorrow is certain」, it had the best music in my opinion and I'm a fan of the band.
Me too.

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Contest Winners

Round 2 Winner

Sorrow is Certain (Limited Edition) (DVD with) [Single] [CD + DVD] is available now.

UVERworld ( ウーバーワールド ) is a Japanese band signed under gr8! Records (Sony Music Records) in 2005 that can be categorised as J-mixture, pop, rock. They made use of elements such as R&B, rap, beatboxing etc. to increase the quality of their music. They set a new trend in the Japanese music industry with their undefined style of music.

UVERworld is made up of 5 members that come from Shiga, Kansai. TAKUYA∞ (Vocalist & Programming), Katsuya (Guitarist & Band leader), Akira (Guitarist), Nobuto (Bassist), Shintarou (Drummer).

50 Question interview from 2008

1. Please share one most memorable moment with the UVER family:
When we reached Tokyo at that time, we didn't have much luggage. The floorings in the living room is called too. We sat together and had nabe.

2. What is the first thing that you do when you reached home?
Rinse my mouth.

3. The place where you can relax is?
On the bed.

4. What do you need in order to relax?
Music

5. And what type of music is that?
Ballad. I am hooked on to Ku-chan (Koda Kumi's) Ai no uta at the moment.

6. What time do you usually wake up and sleep?
It's not fixed. I sleep at 7 am, and wake up at 11am. If there is morning practice, I will wake up at 9am.

7. Seems like you are the type that doesn't sleep before morning comes.
But I do feel dizzy staying awake till morning.

8. If you have 2 days off, how will you spend it?
I will go back to my hometown.

9. Then you just went back didn't you?
I applied for leave. Initially the leave was rejected, but I kept applying until I was granted.

10. The thing that you want to do right now is...
Mist sauna. In my own house!

11. When do you feel fortunate?
When I am sleepying

12. Do you think of anything before you go to sleep?
The order of the songs to play in the studio.

13. Do you dream?
Yes, pretty often.

14. Is there colour, pain and odour in your dream?
Yes there is.

15. Is there a dream that is repetitive?
I often dreamt of flying in the sky.

16. What do you wear to sleep?
T-shirt. I don't wear anything under my shirt. Recently I wear bathrobe too.

17. Underneath the bathrobe is....
Also nothing.

18. Then usually under your jeans is...
Also nothing. I don't wear underwear on daily basis (laugh).

19. When was the first time you laugh in 2008?
When I went kite lying with my friends when I went back to my hometown.

20. What is so funny about it?
The kite flew above 1000m! When the kite flew over 1000m, you won't be able to see it anymore.

21. Lately what makes you excited?
Soccer. This happens in my hometown too.

22. A phrase that is left in your heart.
24 years old was my happiest time!

23. Do yo really think so?
Yes, I was indeed happiest when I was 24.

24. Even though it already past ...?
That's why I told Shintarou they all (laugh)! You are happiest when you are in your 24!!

25. Your current dream is?
I want to be able to play the instruments better! I want to be able to play them as well as the other members. I want to be able to play the drums better than Shintarou; the guitar better than Katsuya and Akira; and the bass better than Nobuto too!

26. Are you thinking of forming a one-person band?
Hahaha, I wouldn't know about this.

27. What was your childhood dream?
Superman. No, I think it was news reporter. At first it was superman, but afterwards was news reporter I think? I don't remember why, but either way it turned into news reporter.

28. What is your type of girl?
Someone gentle.

29. What movement do you like from a girl?
M shaped position
(note: please don't google this when someone is around, it's not work safe)

30. I don't mind writing that down (laugh)
That is untrue (laugh) I like a girl's smile.

31. What will you do on your first date?
Have a meal together I guess...

32. What kind of restaurant will it be?
I can eat anything, so I will see what she likes.

33. Do you believe in UFO, aliens or anything alike?
Yes I do. Because I saw it before, in Shiga. I saw a UFO.

34. Towards the phrase 'a good treat', what crosses your mind?
Good song.

35. Are you a dog or cat type?
Dog.

36. Do you think of owning one?
I am seriously considering it. But if I can't spend time with them often, I think it is unfair for them, so I am really in a dilemma now. But if I am going to own one, I have decided to buy 2.
(note: I believe Takuya already has a dog)

37. How are you like when you are angry?
I will be very quiet.

38. What do you think is the craziest hairstyle you ever have?
I had a Mohican hairstyle during middle school

39. What is the most embarrassing thing have you done till date?
I can't answer this (laugh).

40. Please leave a sentence for your 10 years younger self.
I think it's time that you quit (laugh).

41. Please leave a sentence for your 10 years older self.
GOOD JOB!

42. Cleaning up (sweeping the floor etc), laundry and cooking. Which is your speciality?
Cleaning up.

43. Did you buy anything that makes you happy recently?
TEMPUR bed.
(note: it is the world's leading brand)

44. In your eco life, is there something that you have been continuously doing?
Saving energy.

45. When you are bathing, do you take your time or do you bathe very fast?
I take my time. Everytime I bathe I take more than 40 minutes.

46. Hip bath?
Nope, just the usual bath.

47. What do you do when you are bathing?
Watch DVD. I will bring my laptop into the bathroom too.

48. Eh? Is that okay?
I have one that I wouldn't care if it broke down. I use that one to watch DVD.

49. During LIVE, what's the first thing will you do when you enter the backstage?
Drink red tea. (also known as black tea or English tea).

50. Finally, anything is fine, please praise yourself.
Very capable in composing songs. You can really compose a lot of good songs.
1. Can you raise up one most memorable event to UVER?
It would be annual UVER Steamboat. That’s our year end celebration party. Since it is near to Takuya∞ ‘s birthday, and also the completion of the album, hence making it even more memorable.

2. What is the difference between the current house and the UVER house?
Very quite. Partly because the current house is half underground (?)

3. After moving to this house, what’s the first thing you purchased?
Toilet paper

4. What’s the first thing you would do after you reached home?
Since my computer is used to play music, the first thing I would do is to switch on the computer and play CD.

5. Which part of the house is the best to relax yourself?
For now, the place I can calm/relax myself would be the working room.

6. What is needed to relax yourself?
Music. Recently keep buying CDs home and listen to them.

7. What CD did you buy then?
Marina Lake.. Something like Last Winter. I will buy those that I found them nice when I was in TOWER RECORDS (CD store in Japan)

8. Usually what time you wake up, and what time you go to bed?
Before this, around 1a.m. I will go to bed, but yesterday when I looked at the time, it was already 5a.m. It looks like my inner clock has gone a bit haywire.

9. What would you wear to sleep?
Singlet. Top would be T-shirt. Sometimes I would put on the Infrared stockings.

10. Are you someone who scared of cold?
Sometimes only. I can’t sleep when it is too cold. But that’s the same if it is too hot. When the weather is too hot, I would find ways to make my feet cool down. (smile)

11. Please describe your most recent dream.
Making Pre production with the other members in the new house. Later just to find out that the room itself can never fit in that many people, but that’s what happened in the dream. Anyhow, most of the dreams would be going to amusement parks.

12. Now there is 2 days holiday, what would you do?
Go for a trip. Hot spring or something like that.

13. Going with who?
Traveling around should be fine. Don’t know where I heard this from, but someone told me who traveled alone to overseas said that was a great and fun experience and that you can do whatever you want!

Favourite Space in My Life

Sofa :: After struggling for 3 days, wandering from shops to shops, finally I found it. Can choose colours, can wash, comfortable. It is so soft when you sit on it, it is definitely reasonable to sleep on it (smile). It is a 4 person sofa. When you are alone, you can always put your feet up. The point that it can be stretched out is very awesome.

Table :: This is also carefully picked. Eventhough it is coffee table, it is taller than the sofa. Really like the glass design of the table. Actually this has not been delivered to my place since it is actually quite big. It seems that the workers of the store took 2 hours just to assemble the item. Very tough to put them together, I don’t think I can do it alone. (smile)

IMac :: The Windows that I was using spoilt, so I bought an Imac to replace it. At first I really have no idea how to use it, but now I am getting used to it. Really like the design. Now, I always use it to compose songs. But since I was too excited when I was purchasing this, I bought the big screen, making my neck very exhausted, this is the downside of it (smile)

14. When do you feel happy?
In Sleep (smile). I will always look forward to the time I go to bed. I always go like this, “Yes! Sleep ba!” After taking a bath, doing all the necessary things, then I will only go to sleep.

15. What did you smile of first in 2008?
Ehm.. what could that be... I think it was because of Nobuto. Either Nobuto or Akira. That time, we were doing something very interesting. Can’t really recall what happened but definitely it was one of them.

16. What made you happy recently?
The sofa reached!

17. Anything that made you excited lately?
Probably when we were having beer. But lately I have been considering to stop drinking anymore. Beer gives off a rather dangerous scent, and it will make someone forget himself.

18. Everybody said that after party BUGRIGHT was completed, Kat-chan was crying and being angry at the same time (laugh)?
Ah, that time was a bit... Everyone also shed tears, why did they cut off that part, as if I was the only one who acted like that. I don’t like this (laugh). It shouldn’t be a problem if that was Katsuya though.

19. What’s your current dream?
Continue making UVERworld shines.

20. What was your childhood dream?
Pilot or a cook.

21. When was that?
During Kindergarden. That time I thought Takuya ∞ how to make paper plane. It was that time when I wanted to be a pilot. That’s why I read a lot relating to pilots.

22. What is your kind of girl?
Gentle and understands people.

23. How would a girl attract your attention?
Ehm, talking about this, eventhough generally if that’s a girl it will attract, but whenever I see girls putting their hair on two sides, that’s rather attractive to me.

24. What would you do on your first date with the girl you like?
Disneyland and Disney Sea.

25. You like to go to these places?
There are many places that I want to go, but never have the chance to go. That’s why I want to go to somewhere that can also satisfy myself, just like Disney Sea. I have wanted to go there for a long time now.

26. Do you believe in UFO and aliens?
Absolutely YES. Isn’t there an Area51? I am very interested with the mystery which has not been solved after like 50 years.

27. Have you watched a movie repeatedly?
Yup. There are lots of them such as, THE ROCK, THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, GAME etc.

28. Dogs or Cats?
Definitely dogs.

29. What would you do when you are angry?
I will not talk at all.

30. Do you have some countries that you want to go?
Countries such as Egypt.

31. Have you tried overseas vacation?
On our graduation from the Specialised School, we (10 persons) went to Los Angeles (7/8 days)

32. Any knockdown in drinking before?
Countless. I am sure the team know this better than me. (laughs)

33. Until now, the most epic hairstyle.
Dread black-hair. When I was 20/21 years old.

34. Say something to the 10-years-ago-self?
I was 17 years old. I would tell him not to go into Specialised school is actually better. Don’t go... (laughs)

35. Next, 10 years later?
37 years old? Are you still alive? (laughs) Next would be, where are you staying now?

36. Up until now, the most embarrassing event that happened.
There was once this year waved at me, so I waved back. I didn’t realise that the girl’s friend was actually standing behind me.

37. When did that happen?
During high school time. That was the girl I like, that’s why I was so embarrassed. I got the -“Ah! It wasn’t me??!!” –feel. I quickly rode my bike away. Seriously too embarrassing.

38. During LIVE, after entering the backstage, what would be the first thing you do?
Find my place, then put my things on the seat.

39. Before this, weren’t you the fastest one to prepare to go home?
Last time, before LIVE started, I would pack my things first, well prepared to go home. But recently I found out that it would be better if I don’t do that.

40. Why?
Because if I have packed my things, the staffs would always ask me to clean up the backstage. (laughs)

41. What did you buy recently that captures your heart most?
Jeans.

42. House chores, cooking. Which are you better at?
Cooking. Every UVER steamboat, the food is normally prepared by me. I know how to clean a chicken and also how to make fish cakes.

43. How would you release your tension?
What would I do... Running ba.

44. Are you quick in bathing or slow?
I would use quite sometime to bath. Around 1 hour oh.

45. All the members are slow in bathing, what happened when you guys were staying together?
The bathing time is usually separated – morning and night. Due to the fact that only Takuya ∞ and I bath at night, we rarely crashed into each other. The problem would be Nobuto, Akira and Shintarou bath in the morning, hence they will normally crash into each other.

46. What would do in that 1 hour bath?
I will only play PSP before sleep and when I am bathing. Or reading books. Last time when I was staying in UVER house, I will bring my phone into the bathroom and watched TV. But I can not do this now in my new house because my house is half basement, hence the reception is a bit bad.

47. You do use bath tub?
Yes. Normally it would be 45 ˚C. But recently as my body has been sweating irregularly, so I changed it to 42˚C

48. In your eco life, anything that you have been practicing?
Separating rubbish. And won’t switch on too much electronics.

49. Lastly, anything you are proud of?
Having a Qualification (Certificate)

50. You do have many of those yes?
Around 14, I guess. Chinese letters appreciation Level 1, Programming National level and also, Bookkeeping(?) Level 1, Other than that, the 5 level that must go through to become a Tax officer, I have already gone though 3 levels.
Can you list out one most memorable event at UVERhouse?
When we first moved in, the time when we always had steamboat together.

That happened at the early stage?
Actually now we still have our meals together, but the earliest memory should be this.

What's the biggest difference between the UVER house and the current house?
Need not care while bathing. Now, I can take as much time as I want.

How long you would take normally?
Normally when I become conscious of the time, I would have spent 1 hour in the bath tub. Feels like I have wasted a lot of time. I would take up to 1 and a half hour to bath.

What is the temperature of the bath tub?
Very hot! Hot until you can literally sweat in it. Very relaxing.

What you usually do when you are bathing?
Recently, I have been reading OKUDENASI BLUES. I would spend one and a half hours if I want to read one whole volume.

What was the first thing you purchased when you first moved in to the new house?
Television.

What kind of Television is that?
It's High Definition one. But not that big. Only 32inches.

Do you use that for gaming purposes as well?
Although I did buy some games, I only played once on it. I would say that I played it because I bought it and not for the sake of playing it.

Which part in the house can tranquilize your mood?
Bathroom.

What is needed to relax yourself?
Bathroom. (laughs)

Now there is 2 days holiday, what would you do?
First of all, I will go shopping in the afternoon. 2 holidays holiday right? If I have 2 days holiday, I will have the holiday mood the first night. I will go and have lots of drinks(alcohol). Then the next day, waking up in the afternoon and go outdoors.. Then that night, I would have lots of drinks again. (repeat)

Drinking alone?
I might go with friends. Lately, I like to meet up with people. If the members are not at home, and I don't have any appointments, then I will meet up with my friends who happen to be free too.

Are you someone who can't be alone?
During holidays, I don't see why I should spend time by myself since all the other time, I am always alone.

Anything you want now?
Something I want... Something that I really want? A very cute kitten, I guess.

Didn't you say that you want a dog?
Ya, I also want dog. End of last year I went to my grandmother's house, there is this newly born kitten, very cute, and it really likes to stick to people. It knows how to go out on its own when it wants to go toilet. (?) Isn't that good?

Cat or dogs?
Dogs nonetheless.

What you would think of when you are on the bed going to sleep?
Isn't there this section in Itunes called 'Recent-songs'? When I went back to hometown I took lots of oldies and upload them into my iTunes. So when I open that section, I can see lots of oldies. I will listen to them... and falls back into the memories of those songs.

Just like what happened the time you listened to that song?
Yes yes! Ah... back then... something like this. Lately I always fall asleep in memories.

Do you make dream?
Yes. Always do.

Do you have any senses in dreams? Like pain and etc?
Once in a while, I do feel things in dreams.

What kind of dream do you make more often?
Scary dreams.

What would you wear when you sleep?
Wool jacket that can absorb sweat.

What did you first smile of in 2008?
I laughed really hard yesterday. Heard of this Japanese Comedy TV Program? I laughed alone just by watching that. The part where they test on eye sight was really interesting.

You like that kind of TV program?
Can that be called as like.. I think by watching this kind of programs, I can only laugh until like that. (laughs)

Anything that happened lately makes you happy?
The trip to Nagasaki.

What did you do at Nagasaki?
Just like that. From the beginning to the end.

What is the best place in Nagasaki?
If I were to say, every place is good. Actually I visited this place when I was young before. Nothing really changed, same goes to the shops on the streets, which is why all the memories from back then came back to me.

Say something to your 10 years ago self?
I have the least memories that time. I guess that was the reason I became that gloomy at that time.

Say something to that gloomy you?
Because of that gloomy self, it turned into the today-me, so it is fine.

Say something to your 10 years later self?
10 years later? Hope can maintain youthful in heart.

What is your dream right now?
Don't really have any special dream.

What was your childhood dream?
When I was really small, I wanted to open a cake shop.

What kind of girl is your type?
Don't really have any type.

What would you first do with the person you like on the first date?
That would be dinner for sure.

What kind of place would that be?
Not pub, but some restaurant where the lighting there is not bright.

Do you believe in UFO and Aliens?
I don't really believe in UFO, but I think Aliens yes.

Any country you want to visit?
Australia. I also want to go to USA.

Until now, where is the best place in your opinion?
If that's Japan, I would say Nagasaki.

What would happen if you are angry?
Normally, I don't get angry easily. But I do get a bit uncontrollable when I am drunk.

You get hot tempered when you are drunk?
Of course I will choose who I was with. (laughs) Would get angry at those who seems to have something to say but would never make a move.

Any knockouts before while drinking?
If I can't remember what happened, then that's a knockout.

What alcohol do you like?
Recently I have been drinking Red Eye. Tomato juice mixes with alcohol, very tasty.

What is the most epic hairstyle you have up until now?
Nothing really that epic. Just blonde hair.

When was that?
Sometime after my high school graduation.

What was the most embarrassing thing that you have done up until now?
Lots of them until I don't know which I should be more embarrassed with.

What will be the first thing you do during LIVE?
Put down my luggage and go to the staff room.

In your eco life, what have you been doing?
Using the same water bottle.

That is used to pour tea?
When drinking water at home, I will buy 1 litre water back, I will reuse it after finishing it. Each time I reuse it, I will wash it first.

Lastly, anything you are proud of?
Proud of? None. Ah, I just bought this air refresher, which comes with the function as a heater
When composing music. But I think the most memorable time is the times when we have a drink together. We drink till we lost consciousness.

2. What's the biggest difference between your current house and the old UVERhouse?
Firstly there's no one here. I feel lonely. I don't even know the restaurants around (laugh). There's no space to pre pro with everyone too.
(note: pre pro is the stage when they develop the musical composition)

3. What did you buy when you first moved in to your new place?
A bed.

4. When you reached home, what is the first thing you will do?
I will unnecessarily open the fridge first. Then I would close it again with a "Paa" (laugh).

5. The place where you can relax is?
In front of the TV... should be.

6. What do you need in order to relax?
While bathing I will read the manga. It's a hip bath tub.

7. How long do you stay in there?
Around 1 hour. My whole body would be red as though I am roasted. I would totally lost my balance after I finished (laugh). I would let out an 'Oeee..." as I step out of the bathroom. Then I would just fall on my bed like that, exclaiming an "aa~~"; I like doing that (laugh), it sounds as though I am drunk right? Sounds like a disorder (laugh).

8. What time do you usually wake up and sleep?
No fixed time, but I usually sleep at 4am. If there's morning practice, I wake up at 9.30 am

9. If you have 2 days off, how will you spend it?
Go on a trip.

10. Where will you go?
Emm, because I have no passport, so the furthest I can go is Hokkaido I guess? I want to go by myself. Like those people who go on trips on bikes. I want to go to many places in Japan. But then again, I don't know much about Japan.

11. Is there something that you want right now?
Amplifier to use during LIVE.

12. When do you feel fortunate?
When I go drinking with my friends.

13. Do you think of anything before you go to sleep?
I would first think "what kind of person am I?", then I would think of things related to music. Or sometimes I would think of what I have to do, and deeply consider it. Then I would think of my friends.

14. Do you dream?
Yes, pretty often.

15. Is there a dream that is repetitive?
I often dream of slightly perverted stuffs (laugh)

16. What do you wear to sleep?
Underwear. During winter too (laugh).

17. When was the first time you laugh in 2008?
When I went to Kyoto with my Tokyo friends, I went to the temple. At that time I saw an uncle from my hometown. He is someone with a unique personality (laugh).

18. What makes you happy recently?
Even though my dad is the 'stubborn father', during new year when I went back to my parents' home, I felt the unspoken "I will support you" from my father. That made me really happy.

19. Where did you feel it from?
He told me 'ganbare yo'. Normally he wouldn't say it.

20. What is your current dream?
I want to try boarding on a fighter jet (laugh). Even though it is expensive, but I heard that if you actually pay, they will actually fly you to Osaka if you tell them "I want to board a fighter jet to Osaka".

21. What is your childhood dream?
I want to be part of the army. I want to be a pilot.

22. What is your type of girl?
Someone who says something directly when there's something to be said, but is also someone who is sensitive to others' feelings as well.

23. What movement do you like from a girl?
Squatting down. But it's a specific way of squatting down (laugh)

24. What will you do on your first date?
I will go on a trip I guess. Is this a little bit too demanding? But that will make me happy.

25. Do you believe in UFO, aliens or anything alike?
I believe. The universe has 2000 over planets, it is impossible that there is only humans right?

26. Towards the phrase 'a good treat', what crosses your mind?
Having a really delicious pasta. The taste of pasta is really different in different restaurants. Having it in a really good restaurant together with tomato sauce is considered a treat. (prawn flavour?)

27. Are you a dog or cat type?
Dog.

28. How are you like when you are angry?
I will vent my anger continuously. I would pay no attention to my surroundings too (laugh).

29. What do you think is the craziest hairstyle you ever have?
Funky Dread I guess? That was when I was 20 or 21 years old.

30. What is the most embarrassing thing have you done till date?
Too many. During Karaoke there was a song that I could sing, but when that song came up, I didn't dare to sing (laugh).

31. What is that song title?
X's '紅', I sang the hard core version. That time I went with my relatives, and they told me to 'shut up!!!'. So I said 'sorry' (laugh) and then I kept quiet the rest of the time.
(note: referring that it was too noisy, hard core version people.)

32. Please leave a sentence for your 10 years younger self.
You really are an idiot. Something like that.

33. Please leave a sentence for your 10 years older self.
Keep yourself young and continue the life's journey~ Something like that.

34. What do you like to drink right now?
Starbucks's caramal frappuchino, tall size. I will drink once every 2 days.

35. What brand of suit do you like?
Recently I like this brand QUENCHLOUD. The sizes fit really well.

36. Describe your personality in 1 sentence.
... very clumsy...

37. What was your oldest memory from your childhood?
When I was in kindergarden, my mom took me to my kindergarden. But because I love my mom a lot, and I hated to be separated from her, I cried. I cried really stubbornly (laugh).

38. Do you have rice or bread for breakfast?
Rice.

39. Among the 4 seasons, which season do you like the most?
Autumn. I can smell the sweet olive. It kinda gives the feeling of sadness doesn't it? It feels as though I am being chased. Rather than saying the lonely atmosphere, I guess it's more appropriate to say that I am the one that gave rise to the lonely feelings.

40. Is there a country or a place that you really want to go?
Las Vegas. I am interested in desert city.

41. Where is the best place till date?
Ishikawa prefecture's Nouto Hantou. I went there when I was around 20 years old.

42. What is your favourite brand of alcohol?
Recently it's China Blue. Or Gin Tonic. I often drink those. Sometimes I drink beer too, but after 1 glass I would go "I have enough already.........". I feel bloated.

43. How are you like when you are drunk?
My mood will heighten. I would become really happy.

44. Is there a time when you fail at drinking?
When I continue drinking just before I lose conscious are all considered failures. Afterwards when I reflect on those days, I would think 'that was terrible'. I became someone that didn't want to listen or talk.

45. Cleaning up (sweeping the floor etc), laundry and cooking. Which is your speciality?
None (laugh). I don't want to tell others about my personal life.

46. During LIVE, what's the first thing will you do when you enter the backstage?
I would check out the stage. After I put down my luggage, I would go and check out how the stage is like. Or else I would go and "see how the setting of the stage is like today".

47. Did you buy anything good recently?
Bass I guess. I bought 1 new one!

48. Please point out your own charming point.
Charming point? That's disgusting... If I were to say about myself... If I do have to say one, I think it's one of my shortcomings?

49. What's something that you are afraid of and incapable of handling?
I am scared of earthquake. If it's the magnitude of 1 or 2, I would still be able to endure it. However, if it became 3 onwards, I would "BAAAAA", keep myself as low as possible and run out (laugh). Evacuation, evacuation. I would only have a cigarette in my hand. When I was still in UVER house, there was an earthquake, I ran out of the house with Akira.

50. Finally, anything is fine, please praise yourself.
I am actually good at talking.
I made a lot of friends around the UVERhouse. I also entered a baseball team. Everyone would also often watch our live.

2. How do you feel about your new home?
It's good, I got used to it relatively fast. But I am still bothered with whether I should go and visit my neighbours (laugh).

3. What did you buy when you first moved in to your new place?
Bed. I bought a queen size bed like an idiot (laugh). I would roll around on top of it.

4. What is the first thing that you do when you reached home?
Wash my hands, rinse my mouth.

5. What do you need in order to relax?
Car! Friends.

6. You seem to like cars a lot.
I really like it! Even though I am not so sure of the details, but I still like it a lot! Just looking at it makes me really happy, especially the big ones.

7. What time do you usually wake up and sleep?
Usually I sleep at 2.30am, and woke up at 8.30.

8. You wake up pretty early.
Because morning practice starts at 10. I wake up at 8.30, 15 minutes would be spent lazing around, and then I would use the rest of the time to watch TV, smoke and bathe.

9. If you have 2 days off, how will you spend it?
I would clean up my house and my car. Then I would go to the shop where I bought my drums.

10. What do you want right now?
Drum set. I am looking for a second hand.

11. When do you feel fortunate?
There is a lot, but LIVE, or this kind of interview makes me feel "I am really fortunate".

12. Do you think of anything before you go to sleep?
Because I would train my muscles before I go to sleep so I would feel really tired, Hence, I would think "so exhausted..." before I sleep.

13. Do you dream?
Yes. I dreamt of playing GROOVY GROOVY GROOVY's drum parts today. Something like "Yes, I can finally play that part well".

14. What do you wear to sleep?
Very messy (anything will do?). After a bathe, I would randomly take a shirt. If it's a sleeveless shirt, I would freeze after a while (laugh).

15. When was the first time you laugh in 2008?
On new year's eve, I went back with everyone by car. However, my grandmother stays in Wakayama. So I drove over myself. Even though I estimated that I would reach before 11, but my car's condition turned for the worse and I had to slow down. Even though I advanced slowly, I made no progress. In the end it was already new year. I heard the excited cry of "Happy new year!" from the radio, but I didn't even know where I was. I only continued driving in the dark. I laughed to myself "did I just spend my new year eve like this?" (laugh).

16. Lately what makes you excited?
When I went to the car retails. I rode on a few weird cars.

17. Are you collecting anything at the moment?
Lighter. Not Zippo, but those lighters that cost 100 yen. Even though I said it's collecting, it's actually more like a need.

18. Your current dream is?
Em... (looks a little troubled) A famous person. A famous drummer.

19. What was your childhood dream?
A baseball player.

20. What is your type of girl?
Someone calm.

21. Is that girl good at cooking?
Of course!!

22. What movement do you like from a girl?
When she's writing pretty characters I guess.

23. What will you do on your first date?
... Go for a drive. Because driving alone makes me really happy.

24. Do you believe in UFO, aliens or anything alike?
No I don't.

25. Is there any book that leaves a deep impression on you?
Even though there's a lot, but I guess it's Miura Reiko's '冰点'. It carries the theme of "love your enemy". It is really good. When I put myself in the protagonist's shoe. I would ask myself "can you really do something like that?"

26. Is there any good CD recently?
Something like tick's 相~omou single

27. Is there a book that you have read a few times?
BLANKET JET CITY's 'Wild Winter'. I have both volumes.

28. What brand of suit do you like?
Em... I am not really sure. I would buy it if I like it.

29. Towards the phrase 'a good treat', what crosses your mind?
Sukiyaki. It's really delicious.

30. Describe your personality in 1 sentence.
Rough.

31. Are you a dog or cat type?
Dog.

32. How are you like when you are angry?
Silent. I am the type that would wait for the other party to apologize.

33. What was your oldest memory from your childhood?
During nursery school I guess. I played in the school's playground 3,4 times.

34. Do you have rice or bread for breakfast?
Bread. Plain bread. I would toast it.

35. Among the 4 seasons, which season do you like the most?
Winter I guess? Because there is LIVE TOUR during February and March. In between winter and summer we would produce new singles too.

36. Is there a country or a place that you really want to go?
Even though it's not a country... shimanto-gawa.

37. Why?
It is the only place in Japan where there's a stream. It's really pretty. If I can I would want to go swimming there during summer.

38. Where is the best place till date?
Takachi prefecture

39. What brand of alcohol do you like?
KIRIN.

40. How are you like when you are drunk?
I talk a lot (laugh). I would talk non stop with the other people who are drunk.

41. What do you think is the craziest hairstyle you ever have?
Mohican. I had it when I was 18 to 20. On my coming-of-age, it was mohican too.

42. Please leave a sentence for your 10 years younger self.
Is it 14... Work hard on your drumming!

43. Please leave a sentence for your 10 years older self.
Is it 34... Seems like there will be a lot of troublesome stuffs... "Have you bought a house?" I guess I would ask something like this.

44. What is your habit? 
Surfing
(Note: that's what he put D:)

45. Cleaning up (sweeping the floor etc), laundry and cooking. Which is your speciality?
Laundry. I would do it seriously.

46. What are you serious about?
In order to ensure that the clothes won't stretch, I would put it in the washing net properly. I would check all the labels. I would be serious about drying clothes too. If I were to use the laundromats, I would use 3. I would use 3 dryers too.

47. As for your own part in UVERworld, what are you most serious about?
Rhythm Keep.

48. During LIVE, what's the first thing will you do when you enter the backstage?
I would look for the bento first.

Information taken from uverworld.org

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
Music Contest Round 4

Round #3 your selection will be MH Staff Favorites.
"title" by artist - Moderators Choice

"Zero" by B'z
- Hermie

"One More Time, One More Chance" by Yamazaki Masayoshi - Osso

"Shine" by L'Arc~en~Ciel's - Yabe

"Northern Cross" by May'n - Wowzers

"Asu e no Kizuna" by HIMEKA - riki

"Tsumasaki" by Ore Ska Band - I'm_Akiyama

"Reason" by Nami Tamaki
- Gecko Moria

"Masterpiece" by Mami Kawada - Dark-san

"Dancing On The Fire" by Superfly - Akainu

"Tribe" by Mad Capsule Markets
- ghostexiled

"Ringo no Uta" by Shiina Ringo
- tethysdust

"Kimi Ga Iru Kara" by Sayuri Sugawara - THETRUTH.com

Have any new songs that weren't on the list? Then PM I'm_Akiyama the song of your choice and it could be entered in the next round. Provide links if there's a music-video/PV/OP/ED of the song.

Round 1-2 posts moved in the contest archive thread.

Last edited:

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Re: Music Contest Round 3

Brilliant selection of songs here: I thank the staff for providing such a wide variety of entertaining songs.

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States

Best dancing video goes "Reason" by Nami Tamaki
Worst dancing video goes to "Northern Cross" by May'n - Wowzers
I <3 both songs but the dancing styles are polar opposites, I've noticed most of these come from and OP/ED, those guys in Japan have really good tastes. I've watched also watched "Asu e no Kizuna" by HIMEKA - riki, "Masterpiece" by Mami Kawada - Dark-san, and "Tribe" by Mad Capsule Markets - ghostexiled. I'm not going to vote until I watch the others, very hard decision.

ghostexiled

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I would of loved to put "The Pillows - Stalker" in this mix... but maybe next time! :)

LilaChan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Well done to myself for only reconising four songs on the list...and all are animu songs /shoots self

"Asu e no Kizuna" by HIMEKA is only good when live. I loved HIMEKA's MusicJapan's live, but her CD recording version was quite bland. Her 2nd single is much better, I loved the b-side (because it's written by Elements Garden who are well known for writing alot of Mizuki Nana's songs).

I quite liked Northen Cross by May'n, but I wouldn't have liked it if it wasn't on Macross Frontier. So I'm a little biased. Iteza is better...

I'm very impressed by Superfly's live, she deserves her amazing CD sales. But I don't think it's fair to link May'n Northen Cross live when everyone else are linked to a PV. Since I'm quite biased towards artists who can sing live. Mami Kawada lives are absolutely awful. Also with a few songs that I already heard before, it's not fair to the songs that I never heard before. I tend to grow on songs the more I listen to it.

Worst dancing video goes to "Northern Cross" by May'n
You haven't seen Mizuki Nana's dancing. Worst dancing you'll ever seen by an artist. But Mizuki Nana can already sing, voice act, compose a song time to time and write lyrics. I'm fine with her not being able to dance.

No wait...Tamura Yukari's dancing is worse.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I quite like Reason by Nami Tamaki, for some reason it instantly reminded me of Eurovision lol :XD. riki's choice sounded so damn familiar *Valkyria Chronicles anime* :XD. This time round the collection of songs are really good, you've gained Jin's attention :thumbs

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Worst dancing video goes to "Northern Cross" by May'n - Wowzers
I love the song but the dancing is just awful. :XD

The link for "Kimi Ga Iru Kara" by Sayuri Sugawara is down. This looks like it might be it.

Similarly, "Shine" by L'Arc~en~Ciel's can be found here.

After watching them all, I'm liking Reason, Masterpiece and Shine (in addition to Northern Cross).

Last edited:

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
Music Contest Round 4

Round #4 - your selection will be MH Member Favorites.
All the participants had to do was post a song in the Current Favourite J-Song thread.

1) Speed by Analog Fish --- Suggested by [user]GEshode[/user]
2) Tsubasa: Hope by Rekka Katakiri --- Suggested by [user]CBlitz[/user]
3) Hitoribocchi no Duet by Yume Koujou --- Suggested by [user]Totinona[/user]
4) Sex, Blood, Rock n' roll by Vamps --- Suggested by [user]BBB Banana[/user]
5) Kaze to Oka no Ballad by Real Paradis with Nodame Orchestra --- Suggested by [user]~Buggy*Fly~[/user]
6) Shunkan Sentimental by Scandal --- Suggested by [user]destiny4ever[/user]
7) Hime Murasaki by Mizuki Nana --- Suggested by [user]LilaChan[/user]
8) Honey Honey by Seamo featuring Ayuse Kozue --- Suggested by [user]~S.a.k.u.r.a. no HaNa~[/user]

Round 1-3 posts moved to the contest archive thread.

Last edited:

GEshode

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: Music Contest Round 4

Really tough decision. A lot of great songs and a broad variety of styles.
Oh yeah, what exactly will be the "prize" for the winning song? I mean, what is this contest done for?

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States

The song and artist both receive their own special treatment in this thread. I dig up some information you might not know about the band and try to find HQ links to songs and what not. Somewhat a Hall of Fame of artists for the Japanese and Korean Pop Hangout.
This reminds I still need to finish Round 3. >.<

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

My favorite is probably destiny's entry shukan sentimental.

My entry is far from being my favorite song I just posted in the thread cause I kind liked it XD but it's still prety good IMO.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Must say I voted for entry nr. 7. I love her vocals. She is easy one of Japan's best female pop singer at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.