Politics - CNN threatens to reveal Redditor who made Trump-CNN GIF | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Politics CNN threatens to reveal Redditor who made Trump-CNN GIF

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/04/politics/kfile-reddit-user-trump-tweet/index.html
Archived Source: http://archive.is/o7izm
Redditor's forced apology before deleting account: Part 1 and Part 2

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.
That's right guys. Fear for your privacy and safety when you think of creating memes or gifs...well, if you are conservative at least. Otherwise CNN ('s lapdog Andrew Kaczynski) will hunt you down like a rabbid dog, find your identity and hold it over you should you continue to "misbehave", forcing you to "apologize" for your "hurtful behavior".

I'm really loving what the media can do now to people in the great 'ole U.S of A if their fee fees are hurt. /s

This is the gif that got him threatened guys just in case you haven't seen what CNN has been talking about since Sunday.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
whereas Trump demanded states hand over voter registration info for who knows what. Let's not forget about that. Pretty sure Breitbart, Fox News, or even InfoWars would do the same if it happened to them.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
whereas Trump demanded states hand over voter registration info for who knows what. Let's not forget about that. Pretty sure Breitbart, Fox News, or even InfoWars would do the same if it happened to them.
Wait, how is asking for voter data to determine the weight of "Russia interfered with the election" (Democratic complaints they still say happened to this day) or "voter fraud" (Republican complaints they still pass to this day) comparable to a news outlet threatening to dox a man for making a joke? What does that have to do with this, even if I were to take your thoughts as the real reasons why the request was made?

You can't lessen what CNN has done here by "thinking" others would do the same thing (they haven't though, and there's plenty of memes floating around that targets them). It doesn't change the simple fact that CNN was so triggered they went out of their way to hunt down a meme creator to threaten him into acting in a way they approve of. If Fox News, Breitbart etc did this (I doubt they would but it is now a possibility in this world) it would be just as serious! Would you care more if Fox News etc did this and not CNN? Would it then be something "wrong" in your eyes?

UPDATES P1

EDIT

Update. Twitter is removing the worldwide trend hashtag #CNNBlackMail. They have already done it twice. How beautiful that Twitter picks what news and information its people should see.

EDIT 2

Allegedly the man is actually a 15yr gay boy, too.

EDIT 3

/pol/ / 4chan have declared war on CNN. They're even willing to make an alliance with the r/the_donald subreddit. lol if you guys know about them, you know they all hate each other.

Julian Assange/Wikileaks, congressmen, lawyers, liberals and other hard left liberal media is even calling them out on their crap.

EDIT 4

I can personally confirm. Twitter is mass deleting tweets in the hashtag. I just saw 50 tweets get removed. This is disgusting! Can't have people know the truth, otherwise you can't control them.

EDIT 5

/pol/ has doxxed KFILE's "Andrew Kaczynski", and hacked into his official Youtube account. Oh boy did CNN piss off the wrong people...

EDIT 6

The entire CNN host panel has been doxxed. They aren't stopping there, supposedly.

Last edited:

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/04/politics/kfile-reddit-user-trump-tweet/index.html
Archived Source: http://archive.is/o7izm
Redditor's forced apology before deleting account: Part 1 and Part 2

That's right guys. Fear for your privacy and safety when you think of creating memes or gifs...well, if you are conservative at least. Otherwise CNN ('s lapdog Andrew Kaczynski) will hunt you down like a rabbid dog, find your identity and hold it over you should you continue to "misbehave", forcing you to "apologize" for your "hurtful behavior".

I'm really loving what the media can do now to people in the great 'ole U.S of A if their fee fees are hurt. /s

This is the gif that got him threatened guys just in case you haven't seen what CNN has been talking about since Sunday.
Now, how is revealing the identity of someone who advocated for violence a bad thing?

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Now, how is revealing the identity of someone who advocated for violence a bad thing?
What? A meme is "advocating" for violence now? It was a joke. Do you not understand what a joke is? The gif itself was made off of a JOKE fight. He didn't say to hurt anyone or advocated for it. It was just a joke* about taking down "fake news". If this hurts your feelings or you think it was "inciting violence", you have issues.

Better watch out meme makers. Your creations incite violence!1!!!1111!!! /s

And this "it threatens journalists" bullshit from CNN is ludicrous. What do they think about Kathy Griffin posing with a severed toy head of Donald Trump in a serious manner? Absolutely nothing. I bet you didn't even care about that, though you care about a god damn joke (potentially) made by a 15yr gay boy.

UPDATES P2

EDIT 1
Supposedly TWC, who owns reddit and CNN, helped give out the redditor's IP to track him down.

EDIT 2
CNN Producer admits to doxxing people before for being "hurtful/mean", congratulates Andrew Kaczysnki on the doxxing.

*grammar. Tablet likes to correct me in the weirdest ways...

Last edited:

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
What? A meme is "advocating" for violence now? It was a joke. Do you not understand what a joke is? The gif itself was made off of a JOKE fight. He didn't say to hurt anyone or advocated for it. It was just a choke about taking down "fake news". If this hurts your feelings or you think it was "inciting violence", you have issues.

Better watch out meme makers. Your creations incite violence!1!!!1111!!! /s

And this "it threatens journalists" bullshit from CNN is ludicrous. What do they think about Kathy Griffin posing with a severed toy head of Donald Trump in a serious manner? Absolutely nothing. I bet you didn't even care about that, though you care about a god damn joke (potentially) made by a 15yr gay boy.

UPDATES P2

CNN Producer admits to doxxing people before for being "hurtful/mean", congratulates Andrew Kaczysnki on the doxxing.

No, but advocating for violence is violence now. Which The memposter did, together with other comments against minorities.
So how is it a bad thing to out someone who makes hateposts like that? It is not illegal.
If some lefty would advocate for violence against trump supporters, you'd be happy about him not hiding being anonymity.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Like, seriously, we are talking about a guy who has a history of abusing other people online himself, posts antisemitic slurs, talks about 'visiting paris with a switchblade if islamic fucks dared to attack him' and generally shits on every other person when it suits him.
Then his identity is unveiled and the person who unveiled him gets death threats from the trump community, and you render HIM as the victim?

Like seriously? Because that's really wrong.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
No, but advocating for violence is violence now. Which The memposter did, together with other comments against minorities.
So how is it a bad thing to out someone who makes hateposts like that? It is not illegal.
If some lefty would advocate for violence against trump supporters, you'd be happy about him not hiding being anonymity.
Really? Where is the proof of this? CNN forced him to delete his account and comments, but from what I saw before hand, it was only ever meme/jokes/gifs. Your hurt feelings or sensitivities doesn't take away from the fact that it was trolling/jokes. It wasn't harmful. He didn't advocate for violence. He didn't do anything wrong.

Uh...it is illegal what CNN did. They threatened to out him if he didn't comply to their desired behavior. This is called "coercion". It was a violation of § 135.60 of the New York criminal code.

What? If some "lefty" made a damn meme/joke about punching out Trump (which they do all the damn time) I wouldn't care. Because it is a joke! If that person said, "we need to start killing Trump supporters right now!" (which has happened) I would of course want something to be done. Because that IS advocating violence against people. The fact that you think the two are comparable is ludicrous.

Like, seriously, we are talking about a guy who has a history of abusing other people online himself, posts antisemitic slurs, talks about 'visiting paris with a switchblade if islamic fucks dared to attack him' and generally shits on every other person when it suits him.
Then his identity is unveiled and the person who unveiled him gets death threats from the trump community, and you render HIM as the victim?

Like seriously? Because that's really wrong.
That's wrong though! Don't believe CNN just because they said it! That post he was talking about Muslims in was about protecting himself against Islamic terrorists! He never once said he wanted to stab "Muslims" in the throat! I know because I read his posts way before CNN threatened him.

You even mention he was talking about Islamic terrorists and you somehow think that's wrong? That he wants to protect himself against terrorists? What?!

Andrew is getting death threats? I haven't seen that, and I've been following this very closely. If he has, what the hell does this mean here? He shouldn't be threatened with his life of course, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he threatened to DOX a 15yr gay boy over jokes!

EDIT

Twitter just shadowbanned the hashtag. Wow.

Last edited:

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Really? Where is the proof of this? CNN forced him to delete his account and comments, but from what I saw before hand, it was only ever meme/jokes/gifs. Your hurt feelings or sensitivities doesn't take away from the fact that it was trolling/jokes. It wasn't harmful. He didn't advocate for violence. He didn't do anything wrong.

Uh...it is illegal what CNN did. They threatened to out him if he didn't comply to their desired behavior. This is called "coercion". It was a violation of § 135.60 of the New York criminal code.

What? If some "lefty" made a damn meme/joke about punching out Trump (which they do all the damn time) I wouldn't care. Because it is a joke! If that person said, "we need to start killing Trump supporters right now!" (which has happened) I would of course want something to be done. Because that IS advocating violence against people. The fact that you think the two are comparable is ludicrous.
HIs tweets which were saved with screenshots are the proof for that, and the fact that he appoligzed for those and then deleted or edited all of the comments (fortunately after they were screenshotted).

And if you think that putting david's stars and money on people are just jokes, then we have a very different understanding of what a joke is, btw.

If the user only ever posted harmless jokes, what would he even be afraid about?
Oh, so the Trump community wasn't upset when lefties memed about that nazi guy being punched? because i clearly remember that they didn't think of it as 'just a meme haha'.

That's wrong though! Don't believe CNN just because they said it! That post he was talking about Muslims in was about protecting himself against Islamic terrorists! He never once said he wanted to stab "Muslims" in the throat! I know because I read his posts way before CNN threatened him.
The post was about playing up himself as a tough guy, yes. It is still pretty gross.
In any case, CNN aquired information about his identity with legal means. They can publish his name, if you post shit like that on the internet, you should be aware that you could be held accountable for it.
CNN does not give him threats of murder. Why do you think that guy suddenly deleted all his posts if they were harmless?
He had no problem abusing other people with the cloak of anonymity.
But don't take it from me or CNN, here are SOME screenshots of posts he deleted BEFORE the CNN thing (because he knew his posts would be investigated after that).
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat..._originated_from_hanassholesolo_a_racist.html (search for the word 'Quartz' and there is a link)

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
HIs tweets which were saved with screenshots are the proof for that, and the fact that he appoligzed for those and then deleted or edited all of the comments (fortunately after they were screenshotted).

And if you think that putting david's stars and money on people are just jokes, then we have a very different understanding of what a joke is, btw.

If the user only ever posted harmless jokes, what would he even be afraid about?
Oh, so the Trump community wasn't upset when lefties memed about that nazi guy being punched? because i clearly remember that they didn't think of it as 'just a meme haha'.
Give me the tweets. I've talked with this guy before. I've seen his tweets.

Yea, he apologized, because he was threatened to have his identity revealed. It is called "coercion under duress". And in that apology he even says he only made troll gifs or memes, that he never advocated for any kind of violence or mistreatment of people.

So again...jokes/memes.

Oh nooooo! He put Stars of David on people's faces, the horror! I may not find it funny, but there is nothing "wrong" with it. It isn't like he made a meme of Jews being burned or something.It isn't like he said, "Go out and kill the CNN Jews!".

I'm sure they were upset by a lot of the memes. Did they or Fox News dox the people who made the memes? No, they didn't. They shrugged it off like they always do.

And are you seriously asking what he would be afraid about? Have you not been reading the posts here? He's afraid of his identity getting leaked. Even in the interview he said he's frightened.

The post was about playing up himself as a tough guy, yes. It is still pretty gross.
In any case, CNN aquired information about his identity with legal means. They can publish his name, if you post shit like that on the internet, you should be aware that you could be held accountable for it.
CNN does not give him threats of murder. Why do you think that guy suddenly deleted all his posts if they were harmless?
He had no problem abusing other people with the cloak of anonymity.
What? It is gross to talk about killing terrorists in the name of defense? Are you trolling me here?

Did I say CNN threatened him with murder? A threat is a threat, pal.

But don't take it from me or CNN, here are SOME screenshots of posts he deleted BEFORE the CNN thing (because he knew his posts would be investigated after that).
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat..._originated_from_hanassholesolo_a_racist.html (search for the word 'Quartz' and there is a link)
You are clearly not understanding what a joke/meme/troll is. Some of his stuff is offensive/non-PC material, sure, but hardly "advocating" violence. It isn't his problem or anyone else's problem if jokes/trolls/memes hurt your feelings. Are they distasteful? Definitely, but you don't get to impose what you believe he meant on things.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Give me the tweets. I've talked with this guy before. I've seen his tweets.
Done. Now tell me whether you think comments like '500.000 dead Muslims is a good start. Kill the rest and I will be impressed' are things you think are fun and memes.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Done. Now tell me whether you think comments like '500.000 dead Muslims is a good start. Kill the rest and I will be impressed' are things you think are fun and memes.
I don't see the links to these tweets? Direct link to the images or tweets please.

EDIT

Okay, hold on, I'm going through the Quartz thing right now.

EDIT 2

Again, in context to the Muslim comment he was talking about Islamics (a common term for terrorists). Wanting 500,000 dead Islamic terrorists isn't exactly damning. Taking pictures without showing the rest of the context is suspicious as hell, though.

The rest of the stuff, yea, is distasteful and race baiting, and made in completely different subreddits where people post that kind of shit all of the time. To get people worked up. Where non-PC jokes, memes etc are "encouraged". I'm not saying this is acceptable behavior, I find it distasteful, but if this means so much to you and CNN, dox the rest of them.

Until, doxxing a person because they "hurt" your feelings is wrong. If he had been encouraging violence, that is another thing. Posting memes, however distasteful, is not a crime.

Last edited:

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't see the links to these tweets? Direct link to the images or tweets please.
I cannot link imgur pictures apparently. Open the link i gave you, then press control and f at the same time, then search for the word Quartz (either with a capital Q or the match case turned off.
You will find the sentence "Quartz took screenshots of some of his posts before they were edited."
Then you simply click on 'took screenshots of his posts'.
Or wait, mangahelpers thankfully copied the link direction. Click on the shiny words in my post.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I cannot link imgur pictures apparently. Open the link i gave you, then press control and f at the same time, then search for the word Quartz (either with a capital Q or the match case turned off.
You will find the sentence "Quartz took screenshots of some of his posts before they were edited."
Then you simply click on 'took screenshots of his posts'.
Or wait, mangahelpers thankfully copied the link direction. Click on the shiny words in my post.
Yup, I finally found it. That site you linked to earlier is a hot mess. Everything is all smushed together so it was hard for me to maneuver.

I made my response above as an edit. I admit his stuff is distasteful—that is undeniable—but it is not a crime and doxxing him for it is still disgusting and wrong, especially if he's just a kid (a gay kid himself!).

If this is now acceptable, to threaten and dox people for "hurtful" material, the what is to stop some rabid Christian from deciding that some anti-Christian meme is "wrong"? There are plenty out there who post memes or jokes about harming Christians or whatnot. There are even memes/jokes that do the same for white people and Russian people. Yet that's okay? Freedom of speech is beautiful and ugly at the same time. You can't have one part without the other.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany

EDIT

Okay, hold on, I'm going through the Quartz thing right now.

EDIT 2

Again, in context to the Muslim comment he was talking about Islamics (a common term for terrorists). Wanting 500,000 dead Islamic terrorists isn't exactly damning. Taking pictures without showing the rest of the context is suspicious as hell, though.

The rest of the stuff, yea, is distasteful and race baiting, and made in completely different subreddits where people post that kind of shit all of the time. To get people worked up. Where non-PC jokes, memes etc are "encouraged". I'm not saying this is acceptable behavior, I find it distasteful, but if this means so much to you and CNN, dox the rest of them.

Until, doxxing a person because they "hurt" your feelings is wrong. If he had been encouraging violence, that is another thing. Posting memes, however distasteful, is not a crime.
You know what else is not a crime? Doxxing a person.
If a person posts shit like that, then unveiling his identity is defintiely less gross than whatever he did.

If he thinks writing that 'wiping off every islamic shit from the planet' is a good idea, and that he should insult people as niggers and whatever, then it is absolutely acceptable to have him stand for that.
CNN didn't unveil his identity after all.

I mean, what is that? You think he should simply be allowed to keep shitting on everyone but telling his identity is a nono so he can keep doing that?
Or let me rephrase that. There are methods of Doxxing that are illegal. But there is no evidence that this happened here and the user in question made it pretty easy to learn his identity by his post history.

In any case, CNN did nothing illegal here. If you post hatespeech, then don#t cry if you are held accountable for it by getting outed.
It is not like CNN threatened him (as you said it). CNN said they will unveil his identity, which is perfectly legal, if he keeps posting shit like that.
That is CNN's right to do, as is his right to post bullshit.
Funny like you want me to respect his rights but not CNN's.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
You know what else is not a crime? Doxxing a person.
If a person posts shit like that, then unveiling his identity is defintiely less gross than whatever he did.

If he thinks writing that 'wiping off every islamic shit from the planet' is a good idea, and that he should insult people as niggers and whatever, then it is absolutely acceptable to have him stand for that.
CNN didn't unveil his identity after all.

I mean, what is that? You think he should simply be allowed to keep shitting on everyone but telling his identity is a nono so he can keep doing that?
Threatening people is a crime within the United States, which they did do. I gave you the code it violates. They are using his sensitive information as threat over him to make him act in a way they approve of.

Islamics are terrorists, so you should really stop using that as an example. No rational person is going to be offended by wishing terrorists were dead. And again, yes, race baiting distasteful "comedy", but he wasn't hurting anyone....well, except their feelings. This doesn't give CNN/someone the right to threaten them. Anonymity is important. Freedom of Speech is important, even if it breeds distasteful comments. Was he an asshole for posting shit like that? Of course! That's not the discussion here.

Again, no. People who troll don't have to "stand" for the things they are trolling with. Have you never encountered a troll? A meme? A joke?

They're words. Unless he's telling people to kill blacks, Muslims, Jews etc that's all they are. "Hurtful" words.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Threatening people is a crime within the United States, which they did do. I gave you the code it violates. They are using his sensitive information as threat over him to make him act in a way they approve of
But CNN didnt threaten him by the legal definition of the word. Period.
Let's get over this first to get it out of the way:

Do you think it is illegal to threaten someone in a way like 'If you do not go to the movies with me, I will not be your friend anymore and cancel our vacation'?
They're words. Unless he's telling people to kill blacks, Muslims, Jews etc that's all they are. "Hurtful" words.
So what is it that CNN did then? Tell people who he is are just words, they never called for any violence against him.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
But CNN didnt threaten him by the legal definition of the word. Period.
Let's get over this first to get it out of the way:
You're joking, right? Go back and read the article again. It was so threatening that Andrew, the guy who wrote it, is trying to backtrack and say the comment was just "misinterpreted". They 100% threatened him with the comment.

In relation to the context of the article it is as thus:

After posting his apology, "HanA**holeSolo" called CNN's KFile and confirmed his identity. In the interview, "HanA**holeSolo" sounded nervous about his identity being revealed and asked to not be named out of fear for his personal safety and for the public embarrassment it would bring to him and his family.

CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same. [<CONDITIONS TO THREAT]

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.
Aka, if the user decides to act "incorrectly" again, they would reveal his information. That is a threat. It doesn't matter if they didn't come out and say, "If you make fun of us again, we'll reveal your information". That's not alone what makes a threat!

Do you think it is illegal to threaten someone in a way like 'If you do not go to the movies with me, I will not be your friend anymore and cancel our vacation'?
Both are threats, one is a harmless threat. The other is a threat to reveal sensitive information over "hurtful" content should that person misbehave. A hurtful, real, dangerous threat.

Are you seriously trying to compare the two? :hmm Right now it doesn't matter what you THINK. Our laws are very clear. What CNN did was in violation of them. There is no arguing over it.

So what is it that CNN did then? Tell people who he is are just words, they never called for any violence against him.
I'm beginning to think there is a language barrier here....either that or you are seriously trolling me at master levels.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You're joking, right? Go back and read the article again. It was so threatening that Andrew, the guy who wrote it, is trying to backtrack and say the comment was just "misinterpreted". They 100% threatened him with the comment.

In relation to the context of the article it is as thus:
NO i am not joking. CNN did nothing illegal in the article.
if anything, they were rather benevolent for not outing him in the first place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intimidation

You cannot threaten someone by outing him. You can threaten someone with violence, confinement or by committing a felony.
CNN did none of that.
So please stop saying they did anything illegal.

I will tell you what CNN did broken down to personal terms: If someone runs through your town writing 'fuck niggas' on every wall, and you get to know who it is. Then you would be in the position of CNN if you went to him, told him that you will out him if he does not stop.
If that is a threat for you, fine, legally it is completely sound tho.
Aka, if the user decides to act "incorrectly" again, they would reveal his information. That is a threat. It doesn't matter if they didn't come out and say, "If you make fun of us again, we'll reveal your information". That's not alone what makes a threat!
Yes, fortunately they did that. And rightfully so. Probably they should have outed him in the first place because he will simply get a new username after he laid low for some time.
Both are threats, one is a harmless threat. The other is a threat to reveal sensitive information over "hurtful" content should that person misbehave. A hurtful, real, dangerous threat.

Are you seriously trying to compare the two? :hmm
Both are not illegal, too. That is how they are comparable.
If anything, the reddit user behaved illegally when he said '500.000 dead muslims are a good start, kill more and i am impressed'.
I don#t know how you can see a threat in identifying a person but not in 'kill more muslims'.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
NO i am not joking. CNN did nothing illegal in the article.
if anything, they were rather benevolent for not outing him in the first place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intimidation

You cannot threaten someone by outing him. You can threaten someone with violence, confinement or by committing a felony.
CNN did none of that.
So please stop saying they did anything illegal.
Just because they didn't threaten him with violence doesn't mean it wasn't a threat! What planet are you living on?

Threatening someone to behave in a certain way by holding over them sensitive information like where they live, what their name is, how old they are etc is still a threat!

http://codes.findlaw.com/ny/penal-law/pen-sect-135-60.html
A person is guilty of coercion in the second degree when he or she compels or induces a person to engage in conduct which the latter has a legal right to abstain from engaging in, or to abstain from engaging in conduct in which he or she has a legal right to engage, or compels or induces a person to join a group, organization or criminal enterprise which such latter person has a right to abstain from joining, by means of instilling in him or her a fear that, if the demand is not complied with, the actor or another will:

1. Cause physical injury to a person;  or

2. Cause damage to property;  or

3. Engage in other conduct constituting a crime;  or

4. Accuse some person of a crime or cause criminal charges to be instituted against him or her;  or

5. Expose a secret or publicize an asserted fact, whether true or false, tending to subject some person to hatred, contempt or ridicule;  or

6. Cause a strike, boycott or other collective labor group action injurious to some person's business;  except that such a threat shall not be deemed coercive when the act or omission compelled is for the benefit of the group in whose interest the actor purports to act;  or

7. Testify or provide information or withhold testimony or information with respect to another's legal claim or defense;  or

8. Use or abuse his or her position as a public servant by performing some act within or related to his or her official duties, or by failing or refusing to perform an official duty, in such manner as to affect some person adversely;  or

9. Perform any other act which would not in itself materially benefit the actor but which is calculated to harm another person materially with respect to his or her health, safety, business, calling, career, financial condition, reputation or personal relationships.

Coercion in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor.
So no, I won't stop, because they did do something illegal.

EDIT

We just have to determine what level this falls to. Was it Federal level, or state? If the anonymity that was exposed is severe enough, this could be even more serious of a crime.

I will tell you what CNN did broken down to personal terms: If someone runs through your town writing 'fuck niggas' on every wall, and you get to know who it is. Then you would be in the position of CNN if you went to him, told him that you will out him if he does not stop.
If that is a threat for you, fine, legally it is completely sound tho.
What kind of mental gymnastics is this?

Yes, fortunately they did that. And rightfully so. Probably they should have outed him in the first place because he will simply get a new username after he laid low for some time.
Wow. Say something mean that hurts me fee fees and I get to threaten you! :cookiestare Watch yourself from now on then, shionoro, shit posters of the world or just about anyone. You never know what you say or post could potentially trigger someone's sensitives, which according to you, makes it acceptable to freely threaten, coerce and intimidate them.

Both are not illegal, too. That is how they are comparable.
If anything, the reddit user behaved illegally when he said '500.000 dead muslims are a good start, kill more and i am impressed'.
I don#t know how you can see a threat in identifying a person but not in 'kill more muslims'.
Again, 1: just because they hurt your feelings doesn't mean it was a crime and 2: the context was that he was talking about TERRORISTS. Disgusting comments are not illegal (at least here in the U.S). I mean they may break the site's rules, but nah, not illegal.

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree. I'm not one to throw out people's rights because they "hurt feelings". You can feel that way if you want, but in my country, it isn't a crime nor makes it okay to threaten people if you hurt their "feelings".

Last edited:

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just because they didn't threaten him with violence doesn't mean it wasn't a threat! What planet are you living on?

Threatening someone to behave in a certain way by holding over them sensitive information like where they live, what their name is, how old they are etc is still a threat!
Just because you call it a threat does not make it illegal. It quite isn't. CNN did not threaten him with violence, confinement or by committing a felony.
And that are the only ways in the american legal system to warrant an intimidation lawsuit.
So no, I won't stop, because they did do something illegal.
They didn't, unless you can show me what kind of lawsuit that would warrant. An intimidation lawsuit sure as hell is not warranted.
Wow. Say something mean that hurts me fee fees and I get to threaten you! :cookiestare Watch yourself from now on then, shionoro, shit posters of the world or just about anyone. You never know what you say or post could potentially trigger someone's sensitives, which according to you, makes it acceptable to freely threaten, coerce and intimidate them.
Oh, telling people who the guy who insults them all the time is makes the guy scared :(
Again, 1: just because they hurt your feelings doesn't mean it was a crime and 2: the context was that he was talking about TERRORISTS. Disgusting comments are not illegal (at least here in the U.S). I mean they may break the site's rules, but nah, not illegal.

And just because you tell someone who the guy who hurts everyone is does not mean it is a crime either.
Pls accept that fact or show me how it is illegal what CNN did.