Shounen - Ao no Exorcist by Katou Kazue | Page 29 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

smurf777

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i kind of feel bad for hachirotaro....he just seems so lonely...:crying
screw that :devil-mad ...I really hate it when immortals start acting like that ...." oh I'm lonely , immortality is boring , it's painful to watch others age and die , oh I wanna die " ....blah blah blah ....and all that crap :nerve:bored...you're freaking immortal the options for you and the things you"ll encounter are infinite ....damn bastards :no

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm considering starting this manga.
Is it great?

I noticed that there weren't that many chapters...
Is it weekly or monthly?
Is there a lot of hiatus and stuff like that?

smurf777

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it great?

Is it weekly or monthly?
it's monthly....and hiatsu is rare

candy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it great?

Is it weekly or monthly?
its good. pacing is decent for a monthly unlike some other manga...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
theres only one downside, not a lot of manga sharing websites allow ANE chapters to be released on them since its been licensed and all that so finding new chapters (and even the old ones) can be a bit of a pain.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
According to reddit user u/Korrin there's no chapter this month? We'll wait and see I feel like it's really unusual for Kato-San to take the month off without it being announced in the previous issue that ANE was going on hiatus. Hope everything is okay
Is it great?

Is it weekly or monthly?
There's a total of 79 chapters currently scanlated and chapters are usually posted mid month.

There's good storyline where the main character isn't totally OP (though at first he may seem to be) and actually works together with his friends and trains in order to get shit done. Also main character is not your classic "he's so talented. I just taught him this technique and now he's mastered it within the day." In other words: characters a relatable and react how people would IRL. (Trying not to bash naruto, it was one of my faves, but the whole kurama being all buddy buddy with naruto after hating him and trying to take him over deal just because naruto said the magic word "friend" was a bit hard to swallow)

ANE is funny (will be reading and will actually LOL), has good action scenes, drama is there, slice of life, mystery, and possesses some elements of psychological horror. Definitely a recommended read. (Trying to be vague cause I don't want to spoil anything for you)
I've been thinking. So satan is more powerful than lucifer (the king of light) and Samael (the king of space and time?), so how exactly does satan (whose only powers we've seen are his blue flames and the ability to create the Gehenna hate) beat time and light itself with flames?! I'm assuming we don't know all of his powers but still. Also how the hell is rin (I'm guessing he'll have to fight lucifer at one point) supposed to protect himself? Do you guys think rin remembers the spell/chant that he learned when he defeated the impure king? If so are there other spells that he would "know" due to him bearing satans blood? Could rin open a Gehenna gate?

When's the exorcist exam? It's coming up soon right?

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
SO this is getting another anime? I think they are Black Butlering it and just doing one arc and pretending like the ending of the last anime didn't happen.
I hope it brings some life to the online (and in English?) fandom-this is probably my favorite series of its type since Naruto (which I realize putting it in the same category as Naruto is weird but I just mean out of the very broad categories that I mentally group manga in my head they would be in the same one for me while romance based one would be in another, seinen in another, etc).

I may do a re-read soon. I have forgotten some of the finer details of what matters to the plot somehow while busy with the kidnapping and snake guy arcs.

candy

Reaction score
Country
United States
SO this is getting another anime? I think they are Black Butlering it and just doing one arc and pretending like the ending of the last anime didn't happen.
I hope it brings some life to the online (and in English?) fandom-this is probably my favorite series of its type since Naruto (which I realize putting it in the same category as Naruto is weird but I just mean out of the very broad categories that I mentally group manga in my head they would be in the same one for me while romance based one would be in another, seinen in another, etc).

I may do a re-read soon. I have forgotten some of the finer details of what matters to the plot somehow while busy with the kidnapping and snake guy arcs.
I sincerely hope the ANE manga does not end the way the anime ended (i will not mention here for those who have not watched it). if the anime is indeed black butlering it i think the arc they choose to do will be the impure king arc. but they would have to restart the anime from when rin had his first encounter with amaimon since everything after that sort of dealt with his sword breaking (never happened in manga) to yukio having his mental breakdown (which essentially led to the end of the anime).
when's the scheduled release of the anime?

the fandom for ANE slowed down around the time of the illuminati/kamiki arc. while kamiki's back-story was interesting and its nice to finally understand why her character behaved the way that she did (not to mention it was a way to give us some insight into the illuminati) the arc did take a long time to complete. there were several chapters that i felt the pacing slowed down drastically. i think it was also around this time that several Edited Manga groups either dropped it or put Edited Manga of the newest ANE chapter on the back burner so fans had to wait even longer for an already dragging story line.

love this manga too! it maintains the feel of a shounen manga but the overall story/plot is of better quality than some other shounen i've read. to me, kazue cares about how SHE wants the story to go, not with dragging the manga out for 1000+ chapters to the point where it becomes almost unbearable to read.

what do you think will happen in the next chapter? will our heroes really be able to make it back to true cross academy with no issues? or will the illuminati appear (of which our exorcist friends were trying to prevent from taking snake guy/his regenerative abilities)?

thank you YonkouProductions (on reddit) for uploading this poster! looks like it is the impure king arc! yay~! but its not coming out until 2017???
(how do i do the spoiler tab? since the picture is so big...)
(the shape of yukio's ears gives me hope that they're ditching the anime ending. phew!)
Originally posted by Justicecadet (http://www.theblueknight.host-ed.me/forum/index.php/topic,76.1290.html)
久しぶりの青エク面白かった―! あいかわらず志摩くん良い仕事するよね・・・
For the first time in a while it's gotten interesting! As expected Shima does a good job...
藤堂もでてきて早速逃がした八郎太郎が捕まえられちゃって・・・これからどうなるんだろうか
Toudou also appears and catches the quickly retreating Hachirou....What'll happen next
そして遂に、雪男が闇堕ちするのか?イルミナティに入っちゃうのか?それとも我が道を往くのか
Lastly, will Yukio give in to the dark side? Will he join the illuminati? Or will he go his own way?

don't know if this is a troll or not by some other user (not Justicecadet but whoever posted the original text) but looks like i was right about the illuminati capturing hachi..

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
the fandom for ANE slowed down around the time of the illuminati/kamiki arc. while kamiki's back-story was interesting and its nice to finally understand why her character behaved the way that she did (not to mention it was a way to give us some insight into the illuminati) the arc did take a long time to complete. there were several chapters that i felt the pacing slowed down drastically. i think it was also around this time that several Edited Manga groups either dropped it or put Edited Manga of the newest ANE chapter on the back burner so fans had to wait even longer for an already dragging story line..

what do you think will happen in the next chapter? will our heroes really be able to make it back to true cross academy with no issues? or will the illuminati appear (of which our exorcist friends were trying to prevent from taking snake guy/his regenerative abilities)?
Yeah I actually liked that arc and I am interested in the Illuminati/Shima/Lucifer/Yukio storyline, but it did drag especially since I get the feeling that most people do not really like Kamiki that much. I do and have ever since she was the first person to accept Rin after finding out he was the son of Satan :p I remember stuff like that. But, it was just a really long and involved arc that could have either been shortened or refocused. Like, I didn't care about the random fat guy doing the experiments at all and I swear the manga tried to make him more important than he was, ha ha.
But, I still enjoyed it and I think it was important for the plot of the entire manga with the developments we got. It was around that time when that the translations became really slow and it was also pulled for legal reasons from a lot of websites. So, the place I used to go to discuss it had to take it down. So, I feel like that stunted discussion or the online fanbase even more (at least in English)
I say in English because it still sells a ton in Japan so I am assuming most of my woes are coming from a lowly English speaking only fan :p

I need to re-read the last chapter or two because I have no idea what will be happening in the next chapter. I am up for a fresh start either way.

I am hyped for the Impure King arc though. I am kind of sad that the original anime did some of my favorite plotlines wrong (or at least I liked it less in the anime than I did in the manga). I loved when everyone found out that Rin was the son of Satan and one of the major turning points of the series for me is seeing how everyone deals with that including Rin himself. The anime didn't do it as well, but I am assuming they are not going to retcon the series to that extent to make them not know that Rin is the son of Satan.
I think that was in the Impure King Arc, right? Or was it the tail end of the arc before it?

candy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah I actually liked that arc and I am interested in the Illuminati/Shima/Lucifer/Yukio storyline, but it did drag especially since I get the feeling that most people do not really like Kamiki that much. I do and have ever since she was the first person to accept Rin after finding out he was the son of Satan :p I remember stuff like that. But, it was just a really long and involved arc that could have either been shortened or refocused. Like, I didn't care about the random fat guy doing the experiments at all and I swear the manga tried to make him more important than he was, ha ha.
But, I still enjoyed it and I think it was important for the plot of the entire manga with the developments we got. It was around that time when that the translations became really slow and it was also pulled for legal reasons from a lot of websites. So, the place I used to go to discuss it had to take it down. So, I feel like that stunted discussion or the online fanbase even more (at least in English)
I say in English because it still sells a ton in Japan so I am assuming most of my woes are coming from a lowly English speaking only fan :p

I need to re-read the last chapter or two because I have no idea what will be happening in the next chapter. I am up for a fresh start either way.

I am hyped for the Impure King arc though. I am kind of sad that the original anime did some of my favorite plotlines wrong (or at least I liked it less in the anime than I did in the manga). I loved when everyone found out that Rin was the son of Satan and one of the major turning points of the series for me is seeing how everyone deals with that including Rin himself. The anime didn't do it as well, but I am assuming they are not going to retcon the series to that extent to make them not know that Rin is the son of Satan.
I think that was in the Impure King Arc, right? Or was it the tail end of the arc before it?
oh to be able to read Japanese!:arf and yeah that was the impure king arc. with monthly releases it becomes really difficult to maintain a conversation while waiting for new content that comes with the new chapter. its not like every week we get new info to hash out together. part of me wishes that ANE was a weekly but at the same time i fear that we would lose the amazing storyline that makes ANE great.

btw...raws are up!!! http://raw.senmanga.com/Ao_no_Exorcist/80/1 i have no idea whats going on but once again shima is shady as hell.
out of the remaining kings where do you think each king "places?" like the placing for the king of time and the king of light make sense. since as you approach the speed of light time slows down, theoretically if you move as fast as light time stops and if you were to move faster than the speed of light then time would move in reverse (i think). so light essentially dictates time. compared to the manipulation of time and light earth is fairly irrelavent, hence why amaimon is 7th. would the king of insects be placed higher (as in stronger) than the king of rot since insects eat rotting flesh? would king of water be stronger than earth since water gradually erodes the earth? idk...

The 8 Demon Kings are:

Lucifer - King of Light [1st King]

Samael - King of Time [2de King]

Amaimon - King of Earth [7th King]

Astaroth - King of Rot (place unknown)

Azazel- King of Spirits/Air (place unknown)

Beelzebub - King of Insects (place unknown)

Egyn - King of Water (place unknown)

Iblis - King of Fire (place unknown)
(This is a copy/paste from my ANE wiki account)
Edited Manga!
(part 1) http://www.aminoapps.com/page/anime/7660988/blue-exorcist-chapter-80-part-1
(part 2) http://www.aminoapps.com/page/anime/7661151/blue-exorcist-chapter-80-part-2
okay so that last bit about yukio needing a stronger vision...does that mean he's going to try and change the way he's been acting recently? like not become so obsessed with attaining power???? also...does lucifer intend on using the demon eaters to create satan's body?!!! arghhhh i want to know!

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter Impressions
Was that some flirting from Yukio? They would be a strange couple.
I love the dynamic between Rin and Yukio. Yukio is the more responsible one on the surface, but I like how Rin is still the older brother and needs to take care of Yukio sometimes. I wonder what will happen with Yukio though-what was Shura going to say? Is Shima getting to him? I like how Shima is basically a stand-in Lucifer right now whispering in his ears. I think its just an effect, but it looks like Yukio's eye goes half-ghoul at the end there, lol. The "broader vision" may be giving up his quest for power. I am afraid he will do something....misguided though and like, go to Lucifer and the Illuminati with the idea that he can figure out his powers there-so the broader vision is more like I need to think big or bigger instead of just going off by myself and training bit by bit. Then, he wouldn't actually join them, of course. He would think he could "trick" them into helping with his powers and then leave, but of course its Lucifer so it won't work out that way.
I might be thinking slightly more negatively solely because he looks scary on the bed at the end rather than relieved :p

As for the Demon Kings, I have no idea how to rank their strength-I am most interested in meeting Azazel just because of the mythology surrounding Azazel, but I am unsure they will keep the same mythology for him. I think he might be a wild card-maybe not the strongest, but bringing a different dynamic to the Demon Kings. For some reason, I would place him in the 3rd spot (watch me be completely and utterly wrong in every way lol). Like, I think his powers will be different than the ones who "just" manipulate elements.
It feels like it has been a very long time since we have met a Demon King. I wonder if we will meet all of them eventually? Or, will we start meeting them faster, eventually? It feels like Lucifer and Mephisto are going to be the two most important ones so I wonder how the others will fit.

candy

Reaction score
Country
United States
(i just wrote a reply but for some reason mid post MH signed me off= no post....i will attempt to remember what i just posted lol)

lol yeah i definitely got the impression that kazue was trying to establish a somewhat flirtatious atmosphere around yukio and shura, however i can't picture that since i feel like rin and yukio are seen as being shura's younger siblings ( in a way they kind of are because shiro was their adoptive father).

I agree that yukio probably has the intentions of joining the Illuminati in order to awaken (attain?) his power and then leave (like a badass), but lucifer definitely has ulterior motives. had the "broader vision" line been said by yukio with a smile and a more lit room (maybe with a unicorn or rainbow or something) then i could believe that yukio was making his first step in the right direction away from crazy town...however it wasn't. the room was very much dark and yukio was making a face that hints to his obsessions/lust for power. (please don't let that power be the flames of satan. that's kind of rin's thing. yukio was there to sort of prove brawn is not always better than brain)

what's the mythology around azazel?

besides amaimon, who is currently trapped and probably against his will by mephisto, do you think the other demons have decided who it is they're going to follow (lucifer or mephisto?) or will they remain neutral? we'll definitely see the other demon kings, it would be strange for the other to repeatedly state that there were 8 ( both during the training camp arc and during rin's dinner with mephisto) and for it not be foreshadowing of what is to come. I just don't know how each one will be introduced. if all of a sudden the other 5 demon kings were introduced all at once i would be a little upset. here we have this huge buildup of who they are and their abilities and bam! really no proper intro to any of them (kind of like how when DMG started back monthly after its hiatus, not the most recent one, and all of a sudden all the noahs were there kind of out of nowhere).

( is the exorcist certification exam coming up soon? if so i feel like rin will have to go against angel since angel really dislikes the thought of rin becoming an exorcist)
also what i feel shura was going to say to rin is that the whole act yukio was putting on display for hachi was not really an act. that probably when yukio had shot rin he actually wished he had ( not just with nutrient bullets) and that rin didn't have regenerative abilities either ( aka. rin=dead).

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
lol yeah i definitely got the impression that kazue was trying to establish a somewhat flirtatious atmosphere around yukio and shura, however i can't picture that since i feel like rin and yukio are seen as being shura's younger siblings ( in a way they kind of are because shiro was their adoptive father).
Yeah I don't see it either. I have wondered about the sort of love triangle though. They both seem to have feelings for Shiemi and I wonder if that is going to be dropped or become an issue somewhere. I know its not really a romance series though. In fact, I honestly need to re-read to see why I thought it would be a big deal. I think at one point I thought it was contributing to Yukio's more negative feelings about Rin. So this moment stuck out as a possible "new" interest for Yukio. Though I don't see them together, ever.

what's the mythology around azazel?
Azazel is either a scapegoat or a fallen angel depending on the language and tradition. In some accounts, he was cast out of heaven for being a particularly corrupting factor to mankind. I think he was one of the people tempting us to sin, both sexually and, in some accounts, he gave us weapons. He is also frequently shown as ruling Hell though sometimes he is kicked out of hell too. In pop culture, he has been portrayed in certain ways-smart, manipulative, angry about his circumstances/wants to rule hell/doesn't particularly have a place in hell or heaven or earth.
Not sure where this series will take it, of course-maybe nowhere lol. But I can imagine some really cool possible plotlines following the themes of corruption/fallen angel/scapegoat. On a more personal level, I think a ghost/spirit devil might be cooler than an insect one (but I hate insects so :p )

we'll definitely see the other demon kings, it would be strange for the other to repeatedly state that there were 8 ( both during the training camp arc and during rin's dinner with mephisto) and for it not be foreshadowing of what is to come. I just don't know how each one will be introduced. if all of a sudden the other 5 demon kings were introduced all at once i would be a little upset. here we have this huge buildup of who they are and their abilities and bam! really no proper intro to any of them (kind of like how when DMG started back monthly after its hiatus, not the most recent one, and all of a sudden all the noahs were there kind of out of nowhere).
Ha ha get out of my head. I seriously almost used that exact example-the several Noahs that suddenly appeared in like, one chapter was a bad way to introduce them. I don't really remember them or feel connected to them. I actually think that was a time decision though. I think DGM is likely wrapping up (not like, it will be finished next chapter, but more like she is moving the plot along as quickly as possible to hit the high/necessary points and maybe thoroughly introducing a few "minor" Noahs didn't make the cut).

also what i feel shura was going to say to rin is that the whole act yukio was putting on display for hachi was not really an act. that probably when yukio had shot rin he actually wished he had ( not just with nutrient bullets) and that rin didn't have regenerative abilities either ( aka. rin=dead).
I think you may be right-one of the more interesting parts of this series is the brotherly relationship. One of the chapters that hooked me was the early one where Yukio points his gun at Rin. That entire conversation/moment is so tense. At some point, Yukio is going to have to figure himself out, but I think we are headed in that direction.
Or maybe not-I forgot the exams are coming up too lol.

candy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Azazel is either a scapegoat or a fallen angel depending on the language and tradition. In some accounts, he was cast out of heaven for being a particularly corrupting factor to mankind. I think he was one of the people tempting us to sin, both sexually and, in some accounts, he gave us weapons. He is also frequently shown as ruling Hell though sometimes he is kicked out of hell too. In pop culture, he has been portrayed in certain ways-smart, manipulative, angry about his circumstances/wants to rule hell/doesn't particularly have a place in hell or heaven or earth.
Not sure where this series will take it, of course-maybe nowhere lol. But I can imagine some really cool possible plotlines following the themes of corruption/fallen angel/scapegoat. On a more personal level, I think a ghost/spirit devil might be cooler than an insect one (but I hate insects so :p )

Ha ha get out of my head. I seriously almost used that exact example-the several Noahs that suddenly appeared in like, one chapter was a bad way to introduce them. I don't really remember them or feel connected to them. I actually think that was a time decision though. I think DGM is likely wrapping up (not like, it will be finished next chapter, but more like she is moving the plot along as quickly as possible to hit the high/necessary points and maybe thoroughly introducing a few "minor" Noahs didn't make the cut).

I think you may be right-one of the more interesting parts of this series is the brotherly relationship. One of the chapters that hooked me was the early one where Yukio points his gun at Rin. That entire conversation/moment is so tense. At some point, Yukio is going to have to figure himself out, but I think we are headed in that direction.
Or maybe not-I forgot the exams are coming up too lol.
hmmmm Azazel could be an interesting character if Kazue decides to maintain his character with the lore surrounding him. if the whole angry over his position in hell thing/wanting to rule hell himself is actually developed i could see him joining sides with mephisto...

yeah honestly the only noahs i really remember are tyki, sherril, skin, jasdevi, wisely, lulubell, the earl, and fiidora. and the only reason why i remember fiidora is because of what he's doing to our dear lavi-san. the other noah were just kind of swept to the back of my mind and quickly forgotten. since DGM has become a quarterly i can imagine the pacing becoming a bit off but that was still back when it was a monthly...

our little exwires have a lot on their plates=more stress for yukio. i wonder what will be the straw that breaks the camel's (yukio's) back. what do you think the exams will be like?

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Cannot get the second part to load and its driving me crazy. But, yes, thank goodness we are finally hitting on some unanswered questions. If I remember correctly, the manga has not shown or really talked about their mom, right? It was more the anime that did that? (Not that this chapter directly addresses that, but its one of the questions I have)

candy

Reaction score
Country
United States
i think the only information that we have regarding the twin's mom is that her name is yuri egin (chapter 14 or something like that..the one when rin was on trial), and that she was a lower second class exorcist. its also been implied by shura that shirou may have been close to yuri when she was alive... (from the recent chapters)

here, hopefully this link works. http://mangafreak.com/ao-no-exorcist/chapter-81/full

why do i get the feeling that shura's sword is going to be used to seal yukio's demon heart....please don't let him become like rin, i like him the way he is (well prior to emo yukio that is)
how yuri became pregnant with satan's children is still a mystery too...
raws are out!
http://www.bezaldfamily.net/?topic=70329.0

I can't wait for the chapter to be scanlated, this looks hilarious! poor rin!
chapter is out http://aminoapps.com/page/anime/3199635/blue-exorcist-chapter-82 (part 1)
http://aminoapps.com/page/anime/3199734/blue-exorcist-chapter-82-part-2 (part 2)
this chapter was hilarious! the facial expressions of everyone=gold! thank you kazue!
what could be the purpose of amaimon coming back into the story? to act as rin's "accelerator"? to be rin's instructor now that shura no longer possesses a demon sword?

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
This was a super cute chapter. I was curious to see if they would actually make them an item because that seems way, way too soon. However, I like the "resolution" for that and the awkward scenes lol.
I am so excited that Amaimon is back. I think him interacting with Rin will be comedy gold. I do think he will be an accelerator or at least a way to train or push Rin.

candy

Reaction score
Country
United States