Shounen - Actions Idols by Kim Dong Hoon & Kim Tae Gwan | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Actions Idols by Kim Dong Hoon & Kim Tae Gwan

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, that was sudden.

It seemed like it was just starting to get good and... BAM end of season. Didn't really get a whole lot done in season 1 either. I wonder if that was planned or if something forced them to cut it short?

I'm kind of fine with Action Idols coming back or not. The artwork makes the fights looks so great, but I'm not really into the story or characters. At 25 chapters I feel like that should have happened already. Definitely want to see more from this creative team but I feel kind of neutral on whether that should be more of this series or another series entirely. The Idol gimmick was pretty weird, and I think they can do better, but this was getting good right at the end so maybe they could do something cool with it after all.

dark123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Wow, that was sudden.

It seemed like it was just starting to get good and... BAM end of season. Didn't really get a whole lot done in season 1 either. I wonder if that was planned or if something forced them to cut it short?

I'm kind of fine with Action Idols coming back or not. The artwork makes the fights looks so great, but I'm not really into the story or characters. At 25 chapters I feel like that should have happened already. Definitely want to see more from this creative team but I feel kind of neutral on whether that should be more of this series or another series entirely. The Idol gimmick was pretty weird, and I think they can do better, but this was getting good right at the end so maybe they could do something cool with it after all.
There will be second season because there are projects of new characters :D

mup

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
not a strong season or a productive one

we should have at least known more on the protagonist and the world

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
That was a weird, sudden ending for a Season. Does that mean it may not come back? I defended it before, but I feel like a first season needs to establish the terms of the world it is set in a bit more. Will still give this a chance if it comes back and maybe they are reorganizing a bit.

Looks like ultimately I still haven't found a series to fill the hole Breaker left :feelsbadman

dark123

Reaction score
Country
Poland
That was a weird, sudden ending for a Season. Does that mean it may not come back? I defended it before, but I feel like a first season needs to establish the terms of the world it is set in a bit more. Will still give this a chance if it comes back and maybe they are reorganizing a bit.

Looks like ultimately I still haven't found a series to fill the hole Breaker left :feelsbadman
Ruler of the Land same writer :D Also King of hell is epic, ID, red storm and so on :D

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

That's a tough hole to fill, no doubt about it. I don't remember seeing you around the Tower of God section, maybe give that a look. It might not be able to replace Breaker but it's really good. And what's currently going on in the series I'd even call great.

The Cult of Androssi could always use another member too.:mono

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

About Action Idols, I thought toward the end of this season the male protagoist guy was growing on me. Still not sure about the female protagonist. She just didn't carry the look or feel of a fighter to me. So, if we do get a season 2 that's what I'd like to see it work on.

Tweezers

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have refused to read this, due to it being the reason that The Breaker is on Hiatus. I get they needed a break but still, feelings where hurt when they left me hanging. Now, it's been awhile since The Breaker ended and I am tempted to read Action Idols. I always did love their art style. Should I give it a go? Will it cure me of how much I miss The Breaker? Still can't decide.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It won't cure anything, but it will pass some time. The only cure for lack of Breaker is more Breaker sadly that's not coming any time soon.:amuse

This is a fine series and totally worth reading but I'd keep you expectations relatively modest.

Of the series I've read, Märchen - The Embodiment of Tales is probably the closest to filling that void for me; but even that doesn't quite get there.

Last edited:

Lyoane

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Action Idols has been cancelled. I saw a post on reddit that said " the author and the artist had some disagreement and decided to stop working together." No reason to doubt this since the same thing happened with Veritas, disappointing.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a shame.

Wasn't a huge fan of the series, the whole Action Idols concept was just too goofy, but I love the artist. I hope he isn't just a temperamental guy. His ability to draw action is so good that I'd love to see him put that talent to use in another action adventure series.