Shounen - Actions Idols by Kim Dong Hoon & Kim Tae Gwan | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Actions Idols by Kim Dong Hoon & Kim Tae Gwan

dark123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Last edited by a moderator:

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: Actions Idols[by Veritas Author]

If its from the author of Veritas I will most definitely give it a read. Where did the old Veritas crew go? i remember me Jamin and thornofcarrion and few others making that thread super live when it lasted.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Dreadful name, but the first chapter was pretty good...

Liked the gender role reversal. Not to mention just watching the Veritas artist drawing action scenes will probably make this worth reading.

dark123

Reaction score
Country
Poland

Yea. I am waiting for main(God Hand) to make his move :D

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Yea. I am waiting for main(God Hand) to make his move :D
I wouldn't be surprised if he deliberately didn't do anything out of the ordinary unless he absolutely has to... just out of fun of watching a cute girl do it for him. :XD

Just please change that girl's colour scheme! Pink hair with green eyes just clashes.

dark123

Reaction score
Country
Poland

I wouldn't be surprised if he deliberately didn't do anything out of the ordinary unless he absolutely has to... just out of fun of watching a cute girl do it for him. :XD

Just please change that girl's colour scheme! Pink hair with green eyes just clashes.
It is obvious. He wanted to taste normal life :D Well we will see how long he will be able to hide that he is monster xD

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Ya but what about his statment that he 'cant' use his power or whatever not wont. Most likely he zapped him out and is almost a normal guy at first and bit by bit changes to be powerful more like Veritas the MC was weak at first because he started late in his training but became pretty damn strong later on.
I hope the MC has the same attitude as veritas. I still remember when he said do you think just because u are protecting somebody u are invincible? what happens to the one u are protecting when you loose?
The dumb notion of i am protecting some one so i cant loose was all what i got and still what i get in the usual flicks so to see the exact opposite was pretty bad@$$

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

My first impression of this manhwa is meh~ the MC is OP? because from the first few pages alone and with what the monk was saying i think that he's already OP.

It will be funny that to activate the God Hand he needs to fondle boobs. Ala Seikon no Qwaser style!!

After i saw and read the last page while the MC is talking in the phone i think i remember something similar... ohh~ wait Chun Woo Han did that too calling someone and having a mission inside the school.

Last edited:

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I like this so far, but maybe it is just because all the martial arts-ish stuff I have been reading is either on break or dragging.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

My impression so far is really good.

It helps that the Veritas artist is just so amazingly good at drawing martial arts manhwa and creating good looking yet highly distinctive character designs. If the story can hold up it's end this could be an amazing read.

The only real reservation I still have is the whole "Idol" side of things. If it starts playing around with troupes relating to the show business icons type of idols. That's going to be a problem for me. But it seems clean of that so far.

Shader

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

Actualy the second chapter was pretty good, it have a little Veritas+Tenjou Tenge vibe in it, but i still dont like that girl (her attitude is fine, its the design i dont like) i like MC though (if this guy (Jung-Wu?) is our MC and not that girl) he looks silly, but his strong,cunning and shady, reminds me of GMR from first part of Breaker (and i realy like that poor bastard).

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

The MC is more like part Chun Woo Han part Kang Hae Kyo and if he is really evil-ish maybe part Eun Aran :D

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

I like the MC. Hope more fights are unfolded soon. Gangryong wasnt a good guy either he was a thug. Just happened to be on the side of good guys thanks to Vera and Yuris madness. I echo shader bout the girl though. Too loli for my taste of a decent looking Girl main. I hate these kind of chara designs.
Btw this is a weekly release right?

Last edited:

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

One of the thing i like about this flick isthe chapters are contentful unlike BreakerNW. There has been many times when i felt that absolutely nothing happened in the chapter and the wait between the chapter wasnt worth it.

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

http://mangacow.co/action_idols/04/

OP MC just trashed that dude and he's right nothing beats experience.

Those Action Idol's fight for sponsorship and nothing else while the MC fights constantly and saying he wants to stop fighting to live a normal life.

dark123

Reaction score
Country
Poland

http://mangacow.co/action_idols/04/

OP MC just trashed that dude and he's right nothing beats experience.

Those Action Idol's fight for sponsorship and nothing else while the MC fights constantly and saying he wants to stop fighting to live a normal life.
To be precise he trashed him with sole experience without using even one skill :D

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I'm not so sure about the no skills... MC just double uppercutted him... first with the left then with the right... or maybe the artist just made a mistake.

or maybe the MC just kept swinging as the bad guy flies away?

dark123

Reaction score
Country
Poland

I'm not so sure about the no skills... MC just double uppercutted him... first with the left then with the right... or maybe the artist just made a mistake.

or maybe the MC just kept swinging as the bad guy flies away?
It was not skill :D He is Divine God Hand so you know what that means xD He just used his experience and time of reaction and also speed to koed his opponent. He himself said that he is not weak but to defeat someone like him he needs just experience.