Predictions - Abilities of the sacred treasures! | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions Abilities of the sacred treasures!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Escanor has the most lackluster treasure.

Probably because he doesn't really need one I suppose.

All it does is absorb his power, and store it for later use. Seems like a redundant function.

He showed with galan that he can basically be just as effective if we just gave him any old axe.

1. So either what we've seen is all rhita can do. Or hopefully there's more.

2. He can combine his current day power with the stored up power for stronger attacks. Which seems kind of redundant still but still a possibility I suppose.

3. Escanor is the only sin stronger without a weapon. Rhitta's real purpose is to nerf him during the late day -pre-noon stages of his cycle by constantly sucking out his magic power.
Well, a sacred treasure ability does not have to be insanely powerful or even comparable to what the others have. As for lackluster ability... Mel did not even use his clones against dolor and gloxinia. Basically he did not find any use for an ability which multiplies him even against multiple opponents (unless of course there was something else preventing him from using it). King's sacred treasure ability is completely redundant. Releasing the full might of the sacred tree is something gloxinia can apparently do without help. At least based on the sacred treasure abilities we know, it is fairly easy to make the case that escanor actually has the least lackluster ability as he has as many free nukes as rhita can hold. Which is a lot even if its only one. There is no reason for rhitta to have more abilities.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think LifewireToriko assumes this because the axe is so heavy that if he were swinging any other ordinary weapon in comparison he would probably absolutely obliterate his opponents. This way it is at least a slight handicap for him.
I think this is a bit of a stretch. As far as we have seen escanor does not have the least bit of a problem moving it. With that in mind I am not sure it really is that much of a drag on him. If the sword is not heavy for escanor then the guy is effectively swinging a 200 ton monstrosity (mel has lifted diane without that much trouble and diane should weight around 11 tons at least) at his targets which I would argue significantly boosts his offensive power.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think LifewireToriko assumes this because the axe is so heavy that if he were swinging any other ordinary weapon in comparison he would probably absolutely obliterate his opponents. This way it is at least a slight handicap for him.
It's also implying that he can do this with any other weapon. I don't think it's possible. It's not called a Divine Axe for naught. It's the same for Meliodas's previous sword and Ban's whips. They can help but they are not as effective as the STs. I don't see a normal axe being able to contain Sunshine.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@FKS I wanted to ask you something about this. Is the Release for Meliodas' clones, King's more powerful Chastiefol forms and Escanor's Charge & Fire the same word in Japanese?

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
@FKS I wanted to ask you something about this. Is the Release for Meliodas' clones, King's more powerful Chastiefol forms and Escanor's Charge & Fire the same word in Japanese?
You could've easily checked the Sacred Treasures' wikia pages.
Anyway, it's 解放 (release) for Rhitta and Chastiefol and 発動 (activation) for Lostvayne.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
When the hell is Ban going to find his Sacred Treasure?? I wonder what it's special ability it? Hope it's something Kool....Can't wait for Diane to use her War hammer again, so far it's my favorite even over escanor's axe

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
There is something thats bothering me for a while now.
Is ban´s triple rod his sacred treasure or not???

Also, I think aldan could work as a computer pretty much, acessing any data merlin needs and maybe even doing some autonomus functions (maybe it helps merlin keep track of her infinity magics), since it did serve as a soul receptacle for Merlin (kinda like a usb)

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
There is something thats bothering me for a while now.
Is ban´s triple rod his sacred treasure or not???
Nope, it's a four-section staff, which he hasn't yet.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
With the last chapter I noticed that Dolor has an advantage compared to the other Giants. He has four arms, with this he is able to use his techniques more handily while dancing.

Made me think that Gideon's Release could be something similar(a pair of extra arms made of rock/iron or a battle armor she can freely manipulate) since it's very hard to imagine her dancing while holding it.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Made me think that Gideon's Release could be something similar(a pair of extra arms made of rock/iron or a battle armor she can freely manipulate) since it's very hard to imagine her dancing while holding it.
Hmm, I think that sounds like something she'd be able to do with Creation on her own.

I also don't think she'd have an issue with holding Gideon while dancing, especially if she incorporates it into her routine so to speak. Plus, I'm thinking her dance will be different from Dolor's.

My hopes of Gideon transmuting the Earth into steel or diamond is dead though. Dolor was capable of turning the ground into Diamond during his fight against Mel without Gideon, so I'm at a lost on what Gideon's ability potentially is. Maybe it fuses her directly with the earth?

Last edited:

Isaiah Thomas

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, I think that sounds like something she'd be able to do with Creation on her own.

I also don't think she'd have an issue with holding Gideon while dancing, especially if she incorporates it into her routine so to speak. Plus, I'm thinking her dance will be different from Dolor's.

My hopes of Gideon transmuting the Earth into steel or diamond is dead though. Dolor was capable of turning the ground into Diamond during his fight against Mel without Gideon, so I'm at a lost on what Gideon's ability potentially is. Maybe it fuses her directly with the earth?
When did Dolor turn the ground into Diamond? What Chapter?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Agreed, it is unlikely diane's sacred treasure will get in the way of her "dancing" once she takes the next step. I do think it will play a part in her overcoming dolor. When it comes to fighting dolor perhaps him having more arms will play a part but there is also the issue that dolor has demonic powers. Being properly armed and on top of that having a sacred treasure ability will likely work in order to compensate the biological advantages dolor has over diane.

As for what gideon could do... I also think transmutation of earth is unlikely because that seems to be something giants are already capable of on their own. I am thinking that perhaps the hammer could make earth more available so to speak. It's a hammer, it makes sense that it's function would be along the lines of hammering stuff down. So it has an special ability which breaks the earth to begin with and allows her to manipulate more of it more quickly.

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
What if Gideon fuses with Diane herself? She becomes a living weapon!

That said, Dolor has shown to have great control over the earth. He can transmute it and himself into diamond, too. We know about the whole quicksand deal from Diane and Matrona so he easily has that as well. What about other constitutions? Can Dolor create magma? He sure created burning meteors so that doesn't seem beyond him. Can he also control stuff like oil since it is mostly minerals even tho its liquid? Can he create gold???

God I have so many questions

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What if Gideon fuses with Diane herself? She becomes a living weapon!

That said, Dolor has shown to have great control over the earth. He can transmute it and himself into diamond, too. We know about the whole quicksand deal from Diane and Matrona so he easily has that as well. What about other constitutions? Can Dolor create magma? He sure created burning meteors so that doesn't seem beyond him. Can he also control stuff like oil since it is mostly minerals even tho its liquid? Can he create gold???

God I have so many questions
Dind't think about a fusion with the weapon. It'd be pretty cool and could enhance techniques like Heavy Metal for example.

Matrona said that they can feel the magma with the dance so they can probably control magma with training. Dolor is unique compared to all Giants, four arms for some reason, a magic eye for some reason, blue skin for some reason, a different Magic for some reason.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Will we ever get to see who created the ST? Would really like to meet this awesome blacksmith who designed and created them. I could see Merlin being involved with creating their special abilitys as well. Tbh I thinks she only person capable of doing something like that.