Predictions - Abilities of the sacred treasures! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions Abilities of the sacred treasures!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
As the manga recently showed each of the sacred treasures seems to have a special ability. Which is a relief considering that there are weapons available to pretty much anyone that have similar capacity to draw out power. The point of this thread is to speculate just what the abilities of the remaining sacred treasures might be.

So far we know the abilities are independent of the user however as we have seen the abilities do end up synergizing pretty well with the user. Meliodas can take advantage of multiple clones to maximize the use of full counter. King is able to call the true form of his spear although we don't know what exactly this implies yet. I still think this forcibly calls more power from the tree for the most part.

Anyways, we have the war hammer gideon, twin bow herrit, the divine ax ritta, the morning star aldean and ban's holy rod courehouse or something. Now, the abilities the treasures have are independent of the sins themselves however it does seem like each weapon was given to them because the abilities they have can be used to maximize that of the sins. Kinda like a happy coincidence if you will. So the situation will be that diane's gideon will give her an ability which will be ideal combined with creation, courehouse will have something which helps ban snatch things, aldean will probably work with merlin's purge and presumably even her other spells and herrit will have something which conveniently further enhances invasion. We don't know anything about escanor though.

As for diane I've just got a crackpot theory.... What if her gideon allows her to crack the earth and fuse with it? Fusing with the earth seems like a good way to enhance her earth control. The alternative would be that gideon has some sort of innate ability to control the earth which allows her to take even more of it under her control when fighting.

Maybe ban's can multiply? Not ban himself as with meliodas but rather a single section of the staff can turn into many in an instant. I can't really think of anything else to improve snatch and even then it does not seem too significant... Melidoas and king used theirs to beat monsters comparable to hendrickson, it would be weird if ban does not get similar capability. Although perhaps if he gets a lot of ends to his weapon which he can use then perhaps he would be able to steal his enemy's power at a much greater rate.

Maybe merlin's treasure allows her to see over vast distances? so its not much of an offensive ability. We did see her looking at camelot from aldean a while back. So it wouldn't be much of an offensive ability. Although with the amount of enchantments she has she kinda does not need a new ability. Although it would be kinda boring if she does not have anything. It would be interesting if her sacred treasure ability can be mixed with any enchantment.

For gowther... Dunno. His sacred treasure already has a function akin to what other abilities do in itself. It simply increases his range but as far as we know he does not even need a sacred treasure to make full use of his mind tricks. Maybe his sacred treasure can kinda make things real? So he could conjure his illusions as some sort of weird reality... Dang, even I can't really make sense of what I just wrote (but it sounds cool so WTH).

Perhaps another fun thing to discuss would be who else could take advantage of the abilities of the sacred treasures. The abilities don't rely on the sins, rather its the sin taking advantage of gimmicks which the sacred treasures have. So far we only know meliodas' and king's to an extent. The only thing I have thought of is gowther using lostvayne. The clones would be ideal for him to approach an enemy and his his stronger illusions. I also wonder if several meliodas' could use full counter on a single technique. Thus returning it with exponentially more power.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think Ban's ST might allow him to steal Magic, don't know about Diane, maybe she can create an armor or better Golems? During his short fight with Diane Gowther was levitating with his ST, it looks like it can be used as wings, but I have no idea about its special ability.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think Ban's ST might allow him to steal Magic, don't know about Diane, maybe she can create an armor or better Golems? During his short fight with Diane Gowther was levitating with his ST, it looks like it can be used as wings, but I have no idea about its special ability.
I am not sure either would really make sense. The abilities of the sacred treasures should be complementary to the abilities of the sins but not quite the same as what they already have. I guess stealing more could work although it would be too much of a coincidence that the two of them would share the same trick. What should fit better is something that allows ban to steal more efficiently rather than it being stealing itself. With diane it should be the same, with a hammer an ability which allows better and more control over earth would make the most sense.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Well the ST were probably crafted with the sins in mind (although I think they were made before) however, it could be an ability independent of the sin to some extent. So far it seems using the ST's innate ability is not dependent on the sin owner, just that it complements them best. So the others can make clones using lostvayne as well.
That makes it a bit difficult to theorize about the abilities.

Well my thoughts: I think Merlin's could be one that augments magical powers/spells like a wand or staff would (in normal wizard/magic stories). Maybe activating it turns into a staff or so.
Ban's might be able to extend or somewhat change shape to increase the range of his stealing abilities. Diane might be an armor or so, perhaps one that makes it easier to use her powers. Maybe its like requip (Iike erza) that gives a full battle armor. Can't really think of something for gowther now.
Its possible that not all ST don't change shape or have any visible change either.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This should be a fun thread.

Like I said in the chapter thread, I think Gideon will allow Diane to transmute the earth into various metals. Imagine Mother Catastrophe but each piece of earth forms into steel.

I agree with your Courehouse theory in that the middle rods can propagate themselves. That's what I said when I first saw it. The way I see it, it'll increase Snatch's range exponentially. It may also increase the precision in which he can Snatch. Remember, in the Edinburgh chapters he was cutting people's heads off without even looking at them.

Herritt might be an interesting case. It depends on whether or not Invasion originally takes the form of light. If not, then Herritt ability is to manifest a mind/spirit as light.

I don't think we have enough information on Aldan to make a good guess, but, looking at the cover of Edinburgh Volume 3, it looks like there will be multiples. I can see Aldan being used as a focus or amplify her magic. But that'd be boring, so I expect something better.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, we have already seen ban use at least 3 different weapons which seem rather fixed in their length and yet he can use them at insane ranges. It worked for his two nunchuks and, the whip he picked up when fighting dale and with his sacred treasure against the vampires. Range does not seem to be an issue for him.

Also, diane can already transmute herself using her ability somehow. Its not that much of a stretch that he could do that to earth too. Although we have yet to get confirmation about that...

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I figure it could increase even more if the rods can multiply. Not limitless, but it could be further than he already has. If not, well, I guess I'll go back to my precision theory. It seem to have a higher directional capabilities than his other weapons.

I thought of that, but, I figure the author might drop that and put it with Gideon. Not saying he will, but she hasn't shown anything like that recently, so I figure he might fold it into Gideon.

Liestue

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
King needs to work on that release of his to use to it's full potential and that it wouldn't leave him in terrible shape afterwards, we could also get to see how his ability Disaster works.

Diane would totally need a power-up in this series, she's strong, yes, but she needs to master her Creation and we have yet to see what her Gideon can do apart from drawing out more power. I just feel like we also need to see more of what she can do, she needs a bit of spotlight-ish, stand alone presentation of her powers. Apart from the chaos that happened over at Byzel, she hasn't done much that could possibly stand up to the Ten Commandments. A bit of back story of why she was separated from her kind and why she's the sin of envy would be nice too. I like the idea of Gideon being able to transform earth into minerals, but it lacks a little luster. The better golems and armor thing seems nice too, but is that all it can do? I'd actually like to see her completely change the entire landscape of things, move mountains and create volcanoes and break open gorges or something. Maybe even turn the entire the place into a black wasteland with jagged rocks and cliffs. Play around with the faults to generate earthquakes strong enough to split a country and form continents, sink an entire country lol...I think I went too far.

Not sure about Ban. If at all, he needs to get a hold of his ST first. AND he needs to get himself (and King) back to Camelot to rejoin the sins. I will flip tables if he doesn't.

Gowther is weird. But I still like him, and I expect more from him once he gets stabilized and taken back to the wizard who made him. His sacred treasure is sorta interesting and I'm partially excited to see what it's ability can do and it's innate stand alone ability as well.

Meliodas is as cryptic as he was before, maybe even a lot more mysterious since we don't know what Merlin took from him, and I'm not entirely sure that the cloning was all Lostvayne could do. I feel like there's more surprises surrounding our main character that it'd be enough to take up 40 volumes or less.

Merlin isn't any better lol, she's like the female version of Meliodas in terms of mysteriousness. We have no what she is, no idea what she can do to an extent, and no word of the other crystal ball. Gotta admit though, it's that unknown aspect of her that makes her so....alluring? Anyway, her ST is a crystal ball and she can cancel strong magic at will. I'd like to see more from her and what she can do as a powerful wizard. Actual spells and destructive things going boom, a mage wouldn't be complete without a rain of meteors or something related lolololol. Jk. Wouldn't be surprised if she could store various magical items in one of her crystal balls and call them upon will. Like an inventory of some sorts. But what about Aldan, the morning star? ....Meteors! XD. No idea. I guess we'll see. I expect her to have destructive dark magical power. Maybe summon an undead army? Oh wait, she isn't a necro...I give up. Or is she? I would have my mind blown if her father was Lucifer or something. Did she steal it from him and escaped hell with that thing? XD

Escanor is still lost. Geezer or hermit or none of the above, we all know he's going to be strong enough to have Diane and King cringing. I agree with the idea of it being a divine axe, it'd be a nice contrast to Merlin's dark magic and Meliodas' demonic prowess. Smash smash chop chop, and the power of the sun/light things, maybe, since his power is daytime associated.

The one thing I really really really want to see is the sins working together as a team. If they have the enough power alone then working together is going to an epic battle. Like an onslaught of everything in between: dark magic, shifting earth, a demon constantly owning you, countered attacks times who knows how many times, the power of the sacred tree, your physical strength being sapped and used against you, holy light powers? And top of all that physical strength that could destroy anything? (apart from King lololol) Not to mention they have the disciple of the goddess clan backing them up as their bard. Assuming Elizabeth actually masters her healing powers and doesn't end up being kidnapped again. Hopefully she doesn't get kidnapped 3 times all over again through out the series. C'mon Eli, she was so badass when she spat out the bell when Diane and Meliodas were under an illusion, hopefully she'd become at least a bit more interesting. She's been reduced to a fumbling princess who's helplessly being groped by Mel. Poor girl.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
About Meliodas, we know Lostvayne can be used for clones but how did he use it for these slashes against Albion?

The slashes were simultaneous and equally powerful, this is not something clones with a PL of 420 could do, it can't only be because of the quality of the weapon.

Am I reading too much in it or what we can see on the first pic before he initiates his attack are the shadows of his clones?

Last edited:

overlordpringerx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
About Meliodas, we know Lostvayne can be used for clones but how did he use it for these slashes against Albion?

The slashes were simultaneous and equally powerful, this is not something clones with a PL of 420 could do, it can't only be because of the quality of the weapon.

Am I reading too much in it or what we can see on the first pic before he initiates his attack are the shadows of his clones?
Actually you might be onto something. Arthur seems to have seen it too.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So, we finally got a peek into escanor's powers... Now the question is, what sort of ability would be a complement to his sunshine.. He has the divine ax ritta which I can't really draw any context out of... Anyways, it seems like escanor's sunshine is directly related to the sun itself. Which makes sense with how escanor's power changes according to the time of the day(while somehow ignoring the vampire king's eternal knight). Perhaps rhitta can store light and act as an artificial sun for escanor so that he can use his full power at any time? It wouldn't really be much of a compliment though, it would only allow him to use power he could already use otherwise... Also, is escanor basically superman?

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
For the normal use, I guess he just channels his sunshine power through it like Mel's full counter or like how Gil uses his sword with lightning. Basically a generic trait shared by most. That's what he did when he cut Izraf.
The inherent ability of the ST (when he activates it) is most likely to act as some sort of artificial sun as you suggested. The 'divine' thing also fits with that.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, Rhitta's general use probably already has something to do with sunlight, but because Escanor can create an intense type of light on his own, it'll bring out more of Rhitta's power than if it was just in regular sunlight. Two concepts I can think of is healing, which is a technique of the Goddess clan, but that will encroach on Elizabeth's territory, and an Eclipse, which I don't know how that could be turned into a power.

I'm curious if the goddess on Rhitta will change somehow when it's activated. Like, the wings will spread as if she is taking flight or something like that.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
For the normal use, I guess he just channels his sunshine power through it like Mel's full counter or like how Gil uses his sword with lightning. Basically a generic trait shared by most. That's what he did when he cut Izraf.
The inherent ability of the ST (when he activates it) is most likely to act as some sort of artificial sun as you suggested. The 'divine' thing also fits with that.
I wasn't really refering to the generic use of the weapon. Sacred treasures don't differ in that regard from weapons available to just about anyone else. I was referring to specifically to the ability of the sacred treasure. While the sun thing makes sense, I don't particularly like the ability. The ability would basically allow escanor to use his full power at any time... Which might as well be enough in regards to what escanor needs although I would really rather see something that genuinely complements sunshine itself.

I was thinking about lostbayne's clone ability and I just realize how much the ability annoys me. Meliodas is basically naruto now. I wonder if any damage the clones take would be transmited back to meliodas... It would also be interesting to see the five of them using demon powers. If meliodas with his demon powers really is a match to the commandments then each clone could easily end up with a couple thousands worth of power. I still wonder if the five clones could aim to full counter the same attack at the same time.... It'd be interesting if that would allow meliodas to counter attacks but with the cumulative power of full countering with 5 people at the same time.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I wasn't really refering to the generic use of the weapon. Sacred treasures don't differ in that regard from weapons available to just about anyone else. I was referring to specifically to the ability of the sacred treasure. While the sun thing makes sense, I don't particularly like the ability. The ability would basically allow escanor to use his full power at any time... Which might as well be enough in regards to what escanor needs although I would really rather see something that genuinely complements sunshine itself.

I was thinking about lostbayne's clone ability and I just realize how much the ability annoys me. Meliodas is basically naruto now. I wonder if any damage the clones take would be transmited back to meliodas... It would also be interesting to see the five of them using demon powers. If meliodas with his demon powers really is a match to the commandments then each clone could easily end up with a couple thousands worth of power. I still wonder if the five clones could aim to full counter the same attack at the same time.... It'd be interesting if that would allow meliodas to counter attacks but with the cumulative power of full countering with 5 people at the same time.
I find that Lostvayne's ability is pretty good, there's a lot of possibilities for him with his clones. By Demon powers you mean Hellblaze? I doubt they can use his Dark Matter or have a tattoo simultaneously, maybe if there's only one clone.

I think Escanor will have to master his ability perfectly somehow later in the story and be at full power at any time, with a third form or something.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I find that Lostvayne's ability is pretty good, there's a lot of possibilities for him with his clones. By Demon powers you mean Hellblaze? I doubt they can use his Dark Matter or have a tattoo simultaneously, maybe if there's only one clone.

I think Escanor will have to master his ability perfectly somehow later in the story and be at full power at any time.
I am not too sure hellblaze is exclusively a demon power. It is refered to as an enchantment and meliodas didn't react the way he should have if it really was a demon exclusive power when hendrickson used it. I meant the dark stuff and whatnot which the demons used. If when meliodas uses his own demon powers has power comparable to the other demons, say, 30000 then he would have 15000 to split among the 5 clones. thats more than what what meliodas uses right now. Meliodas in the end should be about as strong as one of the 10 commandments at least, its an issue of him wanting to use his true power or otherwise fulfilling whatever prerequisite there is to him using it (say, whatever merlin stole from him).

I don't think the issue escanor has in regards to his ability is an issue of "mastering". We don't have any reason to think that at the moment, it seems like the aging is inherent to him. Perhaps in that regard it makes more sense that ritta would work as an artificial noon or something.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Well its probably not his full power if it serves as an artificial sun. Perhaps something a bit close to it. There might be some drawback to it though, like maybe he needs to be touching/holding it or in close proximity atleast.

True but I doubt he'll use it that often. Its a but detrimental if he is fighting against the commandments who should have power levels comparable to him. Well, at some point, the sins would probably seem so powerful that all they've done so far will look like a joke. The damage probably wouldn't revert to him. What I think is more interesting is that lostvayne is also multiplied accordingly. Well the Mel clones didn't seem to have it on them when they groped Liz iirc. I also wonder what killing the clones do. Does Mel's power level reduce at all or it just returns to normal full level? If its the latter, its quite overpowered. We also didn't find out if the clones take any additional stamina from him.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
True but I doubt he'll use it that often. Its a but detrimental if he is fighting against the commandments who should have power levels comparable to him. Well, at some point, the sins would probably seem so powerful that all they've done so far will look like a joke. The damage probably wouldn't revert to him. What I think is more interesting is that lostvayne is also multiplied accordingly. Well the Mel clones didn't seem to have it on them when they groped Liz iirc. I also wonder what killing the clones do. Does Mel's power level reduce at all or it just returns to normal full level? If its the latter, its quite overpowered. We also didn't find out if the clones take any additional stamina from him.
Killing he clones should not affect him, his PL is not reduced even when he uses a clone. It's still at 3370, when he uses only one clone, its PL is 1685(stronger than Griamor :XD), fighting with a single clone can help a lot and since he can create more and make them disappear at will the possibilities are endless depending on his opponents. We don't know all he can do with his ST, as I said in a previous post the simultaneous slashes against Albion were equally powerful, and he used it without clones.

Incognitop

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok I'll throw in some guesses.

For Escanor's Divine Axe Rhitta

It gives him a technique called Ascension where the wings come off the axe and attach to Escanor, making him a God for a few minutes. To make this skill not too op, lets say he can only use it before the sun sets, and as soon as the sun sets, the technique stops.

For Merlin's Aldan

Merlin's father was supposedly a devil, so maybe when she activates Aldan's power she gains the power of hell. who knows, this story is tied too close to demons so I really have no idea.

john ellis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
as we know so far most of the SC have been shown to have a release form

lostvayne-physical clone, allows the user to make clones whos sum total equals half his power level. The sword is denoted demon's sword, and in some cases demon splitting sword, may only work on demons?

spirit spear chastiefol-True form, likly has other forms, just s massive powerup over base form

Rhitta- just casually releases energy comparible to a sun, nothing special coming from escanor

giddeon-unknown, likely draws forth the earth's power, possilby been already shown when she used MC

aldan-we've never seen merlin fight, she is likely on par with meliodas for this reason, with her SC released form, or maybe even without

twin bows herrit/harloit- maybe something to do with gowthers demon powers?

holy rod Courechouse- likly extends how much power ban can draw from a person, or may allow him to steal there magic aswell, something hax which will be his powerup