Discussion - Your thoughts over being anonymous over the internet? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Your thoughts over being anonymous over the internet?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, so over the last couple of decades people have enjoyed anonymity from the internet. It allows us to express our opinions and troll and flame (do not support neither trolling nor flaming but the fact is that we can do it) without people actually knowing who we are (safe random exceptions which would be off topic). Now, little by little debates are being conducted and increased over whether this should be allowed. A few countries have already taken measures against it and technology to actually ensure you can't particularly be anonymous are already being developed. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Should we be allowed to be anonymous or should such a thing not be allowed?

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
well,it's useful because it allows someone to express his own opinions. on the other hand,if someone wants to be known,he can,so there's no problem,except for those who are offended and would like to know the culprit :teehee

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually don't see a problem with being anonymous over the internet.

It kinda depends on what you're talking about. I don't see any harm in giving online users the option to keep their name, appearance, age, or nationality confidential. Some people just prefer to be mysterious, which is fine by me.

And if you're talking about actual surveillance, then I don't think we really have a choice in the matter.

The government and forensic hackers have the capability to easily trace our electronic devices, capture data, and release our personal information. In other words, it wouldn't be particularly difficult for professional agencies to track us and figure out our identity.

It's mostly to prevent crime from happening over the internet, such as stealing financial-related information.