Question - Will Soma joins the Central? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Will Soma joins the Central?

Will Soma join the Central?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Chingaruna517

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
OK, folks I know this is quite a while for now and here is some interesting . In the 161st chapter, we enter Day 1 of an aftermath of the Survivor Purge and the infamous Azami's new system is under effect: Lecturers no long play a part of teaching the class and freestyle cooking is strict out from the list, meaning that Soma have to yield back his cooking for a while. However, of all the Central members, Eishi is the one who teach the French Cuisine and, as always, Soma stands up and volunteer to be his sours chef, and he did a pretty good job at it in courtersy of his experience under Shinomiya's wing. That alone garners Eishi's interest and even invites him to be one of Central's infamous enforces. What is Soma's answer to Eishi?

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
IMO, it could depend of Satoshi's plan. If it suits that Souma joins the Central for some time, he will (against his own intentionsm if course). If not, it's going to be an automatic refusal.

Since Souma probably won't have time to discuss it with the PSD members and Satoshi, then I believe he'll refuse immediately.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
By request, I don't think Soma will. However, Eishi should already know this and have alternative plan like baiting him into a Shokugeki.

One of his biggest flaws (and strength) is his refusal to back down from a challenge. He hasn't suffered the consequences for doing so. Being forced into central would be a major consequence.

And Soma really doesn't have a means to participate in the hunt since he's not part of any clubs.

Central changes that

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, while this is true that Eishi might have Plan B to lure Soma into the Central but be noted that the Yukihira Genius himself is not a big fan of Central. The reason? Well, he doesn't like how the Central do its thing as he viewed some that the philosophy isn't both flexible, creative or even emphasizing the room of freedom of expression of how the chef feels.

Take Eizan's regal version of Hainanese Chicken Rice for example. Yes, the Alchemist did used one of Japan most prestige chicken meat for his dish, but the method ain't much different than that of those who cook the chicken rice in real life and that it. In other words, Eizan has just created an upgraded version of the Hainanese Chicken Rice. Soma on the other hand focuses on innovation and creativity in his cooking and eagerly going to use that as a surprise to anyone by making a dish with merely ordinary ingredient, that supposedly make his dishes interesting to even those who belittled him. So, for now I think he would not going to answer Eishi's request unless something pressing his buttons.

Last edited:

JonDou

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Soma won't accept Eishi invitation without any conditions. What I think could happen is Soma challenging Eishi to a Shokugeki. What I want to happen is Soma gets Eishi to tell us why he joined Central and for Soma to convince Eishi to rebell against it.

Honestly, I hope they burn a few chapters in which Eishi visits PSD and learns how being innovative in the food world is the way to the future....

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is quite a topic to discuss since. For some reason however, Eishi refused to recognize Soma's signature style but insists to have Soma at his side. This kind of disrespect obviously struck the Yukihira Genius's nerve as he claims that he just limiting his own helper's potential, something that is violate his principles as a chef. So, Eishi will going to challenge him with a cooking by placing his seat on the line and have Soma to join the Central should he loses, meaning that the Yukihira Genius had to strain his style for a while prior his membership as one of Central Enforcers. So here is a question may I ask, will the Yukihira Genius ever join the Central?

JonDou

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
My hunch is this battle won't take place. Soma won't join Central because I think this fight will end before it gets any traction. The story needs a break from two Shokugeki in a row and I think this fight might end with a little comedy before it really gets started.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
My hunch is this battle won't take place. Soma won't join Central because I think this fight will end before it gets any traction. The story needs a break from two Shokugeki in a row and I think this fight might end with a little comedy before it really gets started.
I'm going to disagree, given a few facts given so far.

1. Soma has no outlet to participate in the hunt. He's not a member of any club and Donburi doesn't count (Ikumi's fight anyway).

2. 3 days until the next hunt event, mentioned just before Soma baited himself into a match that assures his enrollment into central. Oh look, there is an outlet for Soma to participate now!

Also, if Erina is learning from PSD then wouldn't the counter point would be Soma to learn from Central?

And we're cover story next week, wouldn't surprise me if it has Soma and Eishi on it, with Soma wearing the Thistle badge.