Discussion - Which J/K-artists would you like to see live in concert or meet in person? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Which J/K-artists would you like to see live in concert or meet in person?

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks to bleechme for the idea for the thread!

Who are those J and K artists you would like to buy tickets for their concerts or that you would like to have the opportunity to meet them in person and who knows maybe exchange some words, ask for an autograph and take a pic with them?

Here’s my list :) :

Gackt

Mamoru Miyano

Ayumi Hamasaki

Angela Aki

But what about you guys? What artists would you like to see live in concert or meet in person?

Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: Which J-artists/K-artists would you like to see live in concert or meet in person?

When I was an extremely huge fan of Arashi 2 years ago, I managed to order tickets for their concert in Shanghai by waiting by the ticketing company's website for the minute the ticket sales started but then in the end my mother refused to let me use her credit card and I couldn't pay for the tickets and that was that :/

I've always thought concerts from Johnny's acts look really fun, with all the crazy costumes, elaborate stages, stunts (flying, MJ walk walking on the ceiling?) and all, but then you get to hear their non-lipsynched voices which might be pretty bad depending on who it is XD I think an EXILE concert would be fun too!

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Which J-artists/K-artists would you like to see live in concert or meet in person?

Awwww. :( Well…maybe there will be other opportunities for you to go to one of their concerts.

And while I think seeing Arashi live in concert would be fun…I’m not so fond of the idea of listening to a lot of devoted fangirls screaming crazily, and Arashi does have a lot of fangirls. I remember a concert I went to some years ago where all I could hear was the screams of the fangirls, I couldn’t listen to the artist properly during the whole concert.

Last edited:

~FrienD~

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

here's mine: se7en, bigbang, beast, asian kung-fu generation, afterschool, son dambi, lee hyori, back-on.

LilaChan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

When I was an extremely huge fan of Arashi 2 years ago, I managed to order tickets for their concert in Shanghai by waiting by the ticketing company's website for the minute the ticket sales started but then in the end my mother refused to let me use her credit card and I couldn't pay for the tickets and that was that :/

I've always thought concerts from Johnny's acts look really fun, with all the crazy costumes, elaborate stages, stunts (flying, MJ walk walking on the ceiling?) and all, but then you get to hear their non-lipsynched voices which might be pretty bad depending on who it is XD I think an EXILE concert would be fun too!
I just recently been obessing over NEWS. I agree, Johnny's concerts look fun. Unfortunately you don't go there for the signing. Kanjani8 seems to be pretty good live, they sing many of their songs live.

If I had the chance, I'll go and see any Johnny's boy band. They're just one big guilty pleasure...I wanna see Ryo-chan...I wanna hear Weeeek live...

I NEED to see Mizuki Nana live once before she announces she's married and stepping out of the entertainment world. Something tells me she'll be married in a few years time. I need to experience Eternal Blaze, Discotheque and all those other songs by her live. Otagei-ing (guilty pleasure) with amazing singing...what more can you ask for?

Tamura Yukari and her imouto-kei styled concert. I want to join Yukarin's Kingdom and become a citizen. 'YUKARIN YUKARIN YUKARIN~'

Sakamoto Maaya, the good o' Maaya. Althought her concerts aren't a guilty pleasure, her voice is just beautiful.

K-on seiyuus...if they had another concert I want to fly to Japan.

Hatsune Miku and other vocaloids. I am not joking, I want to go to a Vocaloid concert as weird as it sounds. The hologram they do isn't half bad.

GRANRODEO, Taniyama Kishou's band. The only male seiyuu in my opinion that sings amazingly (Miyano Mamoru is on my 'good enough for idol' qualiy). I love his rock ballards.

Jam Project. A bunch of middle aged men and a middle aged woman with hotbloodedness. They always do a concert at Hong Kong whenever I have left there.

Macross Frontier concert, May'n's songs out side of Macross Frontier is a waste of time. Therefore I only want to go and see Macross Frontier concert.

I've seen Shokotan already at Hong Kong Ani-fest, and this summer I went to Kalafina Red Moon Tour at Hong Kong. Kalafina was amazing, their vocals are just top notch. The best thing was that Kajiura Yuki was 2 metres within me, she stood next to me for ages since I was right at the back.

I'm hoping to see Milky Holmes (unknown female seiyuu group) at London during Oct...

Last edited:

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Well I actually went to a TVXQ concert in Shanghai last year :D Unfortunately, it was their last concert together since the lawsuit :( It was totally epic and I think my voice went hoarse the day after :XD I was also lucky enough to see Junsu up close (like, a metre away from me) when he came to Australia early this year :zomg (*Ahem* He actually went to a city nearly 900km away from where I live, but that didn't stop me :eyeroll)

As for artists I would like to see in a concert or in person, I would have to say 2PM, Beast, 2NE1 or miss A :)

ZERO PHOENIX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'd like to meet Gackt more than anyone. He has been an inspiration to me and his music was the only thing that kept me going during a lot of dark times in my life. I'd also like to meet Ayumi Hamasaki, BoA, HYDE, Nakashima Mika, and Nami Tamaki. But no one more so than Gackt. He is an inspiration everyday he lives.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States

Hi ZERO PHOENIX. Welcome to the OC and to the Japanese and Korean Pop Hangout! :)

I'd like to meet Gackt more than anyone. He has been an inspiration to me and his music was the only thing that kept me going during a lot of dark times in my life. I'd also like to meet Ayumi Hamasaki, BoA, HYDE, Nakashima Mika, and Nami Tamaki. But no one more so than Gackt. He is an inspiration everyday he lives.
It’s great to meet another fellow Gackt fan, he is an amazing artist so there is no surprise in you wanting to meet him in person, I would love to meet him in person as well. Judging by some interviews of him that I’ve watched, it seems he is a reserve person and a bit shy, but oh so interesting as well.

Ayumi and BoA are other fav of mine so I also would like to meet them.

ZERO PHOENIX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

Indeed. You might say that his reserved nature makes him even more intriguing. An artist with genuine mystery, and a truly good heart is hard to find these days, at least from an American standpoint. Artists like Gackt are refreshing, endearing because what you see and what you hear is what you get. And in all things he truly is a great man.

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Ayumi Hamasaki...should..come back to singapore again
D:
Well...I would like to see Yui, Niira Etsuko, Lia, Eufonius, and..a whole lot more..their songs are amazing ..but the chance of them coming to my country is really rare.

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Ayumi Hamasaki...should..come back to singapore again
I agree! I've heard a lot of good things about her live shows. In terms of visual wow-ness (?) Lady Gaga is spectacular, but Ayu has done concerts for a longer period of time. :XD

Hopefully she'll come to N. America someday.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I would love to get tickets to see any of the below Artists/bands live:

- Kanon Wakeshima
- N' Shunkugawa Boys
- FLOW

Most of Kanon's songs are purely created to listen and appreciate live as oppose to on an mp3, etc. She's definitely one of my favourite artists and I wouldn't mind travelling around Europe to watch her perform live.

N' Shunkugawa Boys came to London a while back and peRformed in the Round House but the tickets were sold out before I even realised they were actually in town lol. >< They'll probably come over to Europe again some time. Some of the clips of that mini-concert have been uploaded to youtube and they're so energetic from start to finish.

I defnitely need to go to a FLOW concernt. Imagine how crazy it gets! :nuts

To meet:

- Wonder Girls
- Girls' Generation
- SISTAR

I don't need to explain myself now...do I? :eyeroll

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

No Akiko Shikata, Zelx? :-_- :XD

Yep, I'd love to come to Akiko Shikata's concert and see her singing her songs directly. Why? Because most of her songs various effects, and from her songs also I get the impression that this woman has a big vocal range and can make her voice either like a female bass or a very high soprano. I want to see it for myself. XD And also Kalafina and Kajiura Yuki, for their awesome performances.

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Sorry, that was before I fell in love with her .
And wow, almost a year had past since that post huh?
Anyway, to add on Akiko Shikata concert will most likely never come over to sg :scry but yeah, I would like to see her too.
FLOW is coming to sg but I'm not going/uncertain. I know how awesome they are but my pocket is a little tight lately.
However, if akiko and any of those that I listed are coming I'll try my best to go.
Other bands are uverworld, supercell, schoolfoodpunishment, and my newly fallen in love group, CHERRYBLOSSOM :XD

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Dude! FLOW is in town! You have to get your butt into that concert by any means necessary! :yelling (:XD)

I understand what you mean though, Zeltrax. I've experienced that on several occassions; where a band/artist is in town but sadly I can't attend either because tickets are fricking impossible to find, too expensive for my budget (:XD), silly uni work is in the way or work won't give me anytime off for that specific day or another obstacle gets thrown my way. =.=

You should definitely try your best to attend the FLOW concert. I can guarantee you that you'll have a blast and it'll be totally worth it! I guess all I can say atm is good luck! xPPP!

CHERRYBLOSSOM!? Never heard of them before. I'mma check them out on youtube. :XD

rudorofu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

BoA and INFINITE! Not only would I like to see them live or meet them, but they're on my list of things to do before I die DX So hopefully when I'm older and can travel around the world by myself they're still performing :x

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

If the next story album is anything like Märchen's live performances in the DVD, I'd go to a Sound Horizon concert in a heartbeat! Everything was amazing and felt like a musical: the singers, Revo, background dancers, Revo, costumes, Jimang, theatric atmosphere, Revo, etc.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany

After I listened to a few Supercell songs I would really love to see them in concert. They have some amazing singers and their songs always catch me in some way :zomg
Hopefully I can visit a concert sometime in the future <_<

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

sadly, some supercell singers are not even known to their fans.
so a concert will be unlikely anytime soon :(
But I would love to go too, their songs are amazing.

Reactions: Nii

ChocolateKieran

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Nishino Kana looks good live, she has some really nice songs and at some pointed I really wanted to see her live, but I'm not too sure if I could sit through ALL of here songs come to think of it...

The performances I've seen her do from videos on YouTube are awesome though!