Discussion - What's the leadership like where you live? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What's the leadership like where you live?

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Predator said:
The thing is that the program is something similar to a slogan during election. They use it to show their beliefs and to gain the support of voters. If they haven't shown their other aims doesn't mean they don't have them. It's just that they haven't set it as a priorty.
i understand your point perfectly. but with the Pirate party its a bit different. the whole thing with the party is the freedom thing.

if you read Lianders explanation on how our parliament works, then you see that we have 349 members in it. those are the ones that we vote in. and if a party gets 23% of the votes in the election it gets 23% of the chairs in parliament. so they can all argue together, but usually there is on majority party that gets like 55% of the chairs so their ideas often gets through in the end.
but if the pirates manages to get some chairs in the riksdag they wont vote for any of the issues other than the ones regarding freedom of the people and related stuff to that. they officially stated that they wont touch any of the other issues...

Predator

Scientist of Anthropology
Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
BoffenJL said:
but if the pirates manages to get some chairs in the riksdag they wont vote for any of the issues other than the ones regarding freedom of the people and related stuff to that. they officially stated that they wont touch any of the other issues...
Oh! ... I see .... they're plain stupid then.
Somehow worldwide governmental institutions have evolved from being the representatives of nation to being a politician only trying to get his own interests through. :(

Luckly, we have to pay to 100 politicians only. :darn

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
elections are over and we got a new government. and i feel good about that. the guys that was in charge before these guys have been the leaders for like 12 years now so theyve totally forgotten their own policys and become money lovin biatches... so a new gov in sweden. im hoping for improvement!

kyubisharingan

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Predator said:
We've a woman for our president and overall I like how Vaira Vīķe Freiberga does the things. Can't say the same about prime minister, but ..... (no bashing rule).

Looks like the world as well likes how our VVF does the things, because she has been mentioned as one of the candidates for the UN general secretary position. We're proud of that.
Thats what america needs, a woman or black guy IMO

Kratos

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
in my country we have a woman as a president is she is goooood :thumbs

九尾写輪眼 said:
i dont know about that but US really need to get a new president

The Boff

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
九尾写輪眼 said:
how about a black woman?

or how about the sex or color of the skin doesnt really matter? the inside of the head is the important part. just my opinion though... :XD

Kratos

Reaction score
BoffenJL said:
or how about the sex or color of the skin doesnt really matter? the inside of the head is the important part. just my opinion though... :XD
yep thats really how it should be... but for that to happen we have a long way to go

Binky

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
The scariest thing in American politics is the fact that there's currently zero chance of a non-Christian being elected, which is a little bit disturbing from my perspective.

Governance in Britain as a whole is dismal, but hey, at least those of us living in Scotland are no longer second-class citizens in our own country and don't get taxes "tested" on us (Not kidding, Thatcher did this), but truthfully, the Labour party is a joke, Tony Blair is a fool who panders to lowest common-denominator at every possible opportunity, and the whole party is currently embroiled in fighting for the scraps that will eventually be left when Blair vacates his seat as leader, they've also become a right-wing party, which is, even disregarding the politics of it, neglecting their duty of acting as a buffer and counterpoint to the Tories. Ah yes, the Tories, morons, many of them support fox-hunting which is about all you need to know to be honest, their leader has also made slurs towards Gordon Brown (Chancellor of the Exchequer, probably next in line to be Labour leader, more moderate than Blair but less charismatic) and called him 'autistic', not very politically correct. The Liberal Democrats would be my natural party, more left than Labour in any case, they're the only thing filling the gulf now that Labour have become ravening conservatives, bit of turmoil here too though, leader stepped down (Pushed maybe?) for alcoholism recently, Menzies (Pronounced Ming-uss) Campbell new leader, good guy. The SNP or Scottish National Party are the next largest but still heavily marginalised party, waste of a vote in the British elections... Finally, the BNP, these guys are scum yet are sadly getting more and more influence in urban England, although they're oblique about it, basically they want to cleanse our glorious green land of all foreign elements, which includes everyone not a shaven-headed white nutcase.

Scottish Politics since the devolution of power? A joke, we have an idiot of a First Minister from the Labour party who follows his masters' commands from Westminster, we have the Liberal Democrats in coalition with Labour, but the Lib Dems are too busy points-scoring with minor but popular policies than trying to get anything worthwhile done, the SNP await in the shadows, ready to wrest Scotland free from the tyrannical grasp of Britain, only, we're all a bit too afraid to take the step, so the status-quo continues. Tories are too right-wing to ever get any votes in Scotland. And the BNP, thankfully, don't exist, this isn't because we're more enlightened North of the Border, no, far from it, it's merely that our focus seems to be on trying to eradicate and discriminate against 'Fenians' rather than 'forryners', hooray for progress!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
The scariest thing in American politics is the fact that there's currently zero chance of a non-Christian being elected, which is a little bit disturbing from my perspective.
Just the majority of the people speaking, though. America's always been a very Christian country (well, in practice, anyway). Even if most people are usually less than perfect Christians, just the way of things.

Interesting summary of Britain's politics - for a minute there I felt like the Medieval Ages never actually ended :s

DemonDays

Reaction score
Country
England
The leadership in my area..well. I live in England, in a small place called Middlesbrough, and basically the local government is crap.

We have bins right..that talk. There are these guys who sit in this office all day with TV screens linked to cameras all round the town and if you drop litter, they speak to you through microphones and tell you to pick it up!

We have the worst recycling rate in the whole of Europe basically and they go and spend money on that!!

Kratos

Reaction score
DemonDays said:
There are these guys who sit in this office all day with TV screens linked to cameras all round the town and if you drop litter, they speak to you through microphones and tell you to pick it up!
thats very funny :rofl :rofl :rofl

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Like Eileen said, the leadership is here is worse than what you heard and saw on tv. Lately, the government is bashed because of intransperancy. Plus, all the government related agencies like customs (haha.. my mom and dad are also customs officers XD ) and police, are all affected greatly by it.

It seems that it is getting better, or it is just that they cover it up with something else. I'm sure that it'll be better. The government has put a lot of effort into it. Let see where this ends.

mozetsu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
baxteristic said:
Like Eileen said, the leadership is here is worse than what you heard and saw on tv. Lately, the government is bashed because of intransperancy. Plus, all the government related agencies like customs (haha.. my mom and dad are also customs officers XD ) and police, are all affected greatly by it.

It seems that it is getting better, or it is just that they cover it up with something else. I'm sure that it'll be better. The government has put a lot of effort into it. Let see where this ends.
heh not to mention having a former PM always making noise about our current government and its workings.

delapaz13

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
well...my country's president is a woman...i live in the the philippines...it's a third world country despite its rich natural resources and intelligent citizens...well let's just say(it'll take forever if i point out the specific reasons why it's difficult to live here)that it's pretty chaotic and unruly at some parts due to several social,political,moral and religious issues and controversies...so my family plan on migrating to america after i graduate college.

cogknack

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in the United States of America. A union of fifty governments under a larger federal government. As a child here we all swore allegiance to the republic of our nation. Sadly, we've forgot that our leaders are the republic and not our governmental representatives.

Criminals that run our government are only puppets appointed by global influences. Influences such as the owners of the cabal that is the federal reserve or the royal institute of international affairs or even the council on foreign relations. Rockefeller, Rothschild, etc. Regardless of who is elected in 2008, the same policies will be set.

If you're interested here is some information about US leaders and policies:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_reserve
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_id_act
Under section 802 of Patriot Act 1 you can be arrested and secretly executed without due process
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_act
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_PATRIOT_Act%2C_Title_II
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_and_Bones
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_for_a_new_american_century
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_on_Foreign_Relations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Task_Force_on_North_America