Predictions - What happened to Rachel. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions What happened to Rachel.

TheLastMartian

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Rachel asked Gustang "Plz make me sexy, I suckie up very well"

Gustang will be all like "Girl you just want to be good looking? That's simple to do, Climb the tower, I will help you climb the tower." (Hehe I just got a free irregular that no one really knows is an irregular, secret weapon).

Gustang gives her strong teammates or items or something, trains her in basic Shinso like Data Eduin Khun and EVK did for Bam, basic martial arts, etc. Plus maybe even that treasure hunting thing to follow her and help her fight cause its invisible and thus OP against most people.

Rachel comes back stronger than Bam cause she learned Irregular skills from an Irregular ranker, maybe she even claims to be the real chosen one (child of Arlene), steals FUG from Bam and puts Gustang in charge of it.

Next season: Bam after running to Urek Mazino and training time skip.

King Dryst

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Rachel asked Gustang "Plz make me sexy, I suckie up very well"

Gustang will be all like "Girl you just want to be good looking? That's simple to do, Climb the tower, I will help you climb the tower." (Hehe I just got a free irregular that no one really knows is an irregular, secret weapon).

Gustang gives her strong teammates or items or something, trains her in basic Shinso like Data Eduin Khun and EVK did for Bam, basic martial arts, etc. Plus maybe even that treasure hunting thing to follow her and help her fight cause its invisible and thus OP against most people.

Rachel comes back stronger than Bam cause she learned Irregular skills from an Irregular ranker, maybe she even claims to be the real chosen one (child of Arlene), steals FUG from Bam and puts Gustang in charge of it.

Next season: Bam after running to Urek Mazino and training time skip.
This all sounds like a recipe to get a whole lot of people to drop the series.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Rachel surpassing bam seems like a stretch IMO. She was lagging substantially to begin with and bam's absurd growth is further pushed by the powers he absorbs. Two thrysas, black march, canine powers... On top of the stuff he hasn't devoured like shinwonryu...

If rachel is really supposed to get stronger then shinsoo qualities are a must. but rachel hasn't exactly evidenced a wide range of talent so odds are that she will be a far more specialized warrior than bam is. As in, she will be heavily reliant on her shinsoo quality and won't be exactly versatile outside of that. Like how data YHS made the point that even ten family members who weren't talented in shinsoo could still use their shinsoo qualities. then the easy guesses are that rachel will ask for revolution, which is why she went to the hell train in the first place, and shinwonryu, which she should have the ability (though not necessarily the talent) to learn.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know about outcomes, but we do know that Rachel is ALREADY being used as a 'secret irregular'

And that Gustang knows this. What he said to the person off-screen on the FoD convinces me he's in league with... Headon. The exact person that is using her as a pawn (which is what Gustang actually says and calls her, and Headon is in fact the one using Rachel as a pawn).

We also know/expect (well, assume with high probability) that Rachel will use "her" wishes (Gustang's wishes for her most likely) and get a buff or three at the hands of the most capable and intelligent tinkerer after Macseth in the tower, Aizen Gustang.

So I fact I do expect Rachel to be a wild card with supreme buffs from a supreme being, and whilst being an irregular that is ALSO being manipulated by the de facto most important/powerful figure in the tower, Headon.

So, get ready to drop the series I guess....

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
So, get ready to drop the series I guess....
Probably would at that point, yes. Baam already looks pathetic enough most of the time without being made to look inferior to that cockroach.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Probably would at that point, yes. Baam already looks pathetic enough most of the time without being made to look inferior to that cockroach.
The later shows no sign of stopping, unfortunately (see: today's spoilers, you know). SIU may pull out a successful arc and surprise us, but the tone as of late is more negative than positive - it seems. What a better way to cap off a filler arc than to buff Rachel out the ass?

I mean, you know her buffs are coming. It's just a matter of how powerful SIU plans on making her.

toil

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So what confuses me, greatly, is how to make sense of Rachel (and her team) circa the workshop battle and Rachel (and her team) around now. I can kinda see a story that makes sense, but SIU hasn’t spelled it out (yet).

The issue for me is it’s at least strongly implied, back then, that the affiliations were like this:
  • Baam’s scary FUG team is Karaka-affiliated
  • Mad Dog (and his team) are not just FUG (in secret) but specifically Yama-affiliated
  • Rachel’s team is FUG-supplied but with an unknown patron/sponsor/affiliation
In the more recent arc, we see Rachel’s team—apparently without Rachel, though—arriving to Yama’s cage together with an elder-sent envoy. This strongly implies (a) Rachel’s team is affiliated with that elder and (b) that elder certainly appears to be Khel (I don’t think this is in contention, but it’s not quite spelled out either).

So here’s what’s so weird: how to reconcile Khel apparently sponsoring Rachel with a team, having her gain possession of Emily, etc., with Khel’s apparent knowledge of Baam, attitude towards him, and so on?

It just feels like there’s something I’m missing. The story I can maybe see is Yura being a donation from another faction that’s basically peeled Rachel away from that affiliation, but—even so—it seems hard to reconcile Khel’s attitude and behavior with that scenario.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think you're missing some of the other big connections:

Rachel is *firstly* sponsored by Headon who works with

FUG, who works with (Rachel was sent to 2F as his servant, FUG, via YHS - Baam's CURRENT ALLY - knows of Rachel and speeds her along, with Akryung)

Gustang, who works with (Gustang has been mentioned several times to work with FUG, including at the Workshop, and loosely with Catfish)

Gong Bang, who works with (Gustang and GB's connections are obvious and documented)

FUG. (GB has been shown to work with/for/alongside and/or build shit for FUG at least a couple times).

Then, again, I think there's the Gustang/Headon connection (all but sure that's who Gustang was talking to off-screen).

As such Rachel is loosely affiliated, several times over, with overlapping individuals, to each of these factions.

And... so is Baam.

Rachel has/had long been the 'carrot' for Baam's journey - seemingly by design and her own ambitions. That ship has sailed, Baam free of her spell and she's outlived her purpose as a catalyst for Baam's growth and journey up the tower, etc.

This means there's nowhere else for her to go but concurrently up with him (backup plan? irregular failsafe?) as Rachel 2.0

toil

Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess I'll just restate what I find confusing, while (trying to) incorporate the facts you bring up. If we look at Rachel's teammates as being "donated" to her—at least in some sense—then I think the affiliations break down like this:
  • Akryung: donated-by/affiliated-with Headon (specifically)
  • Michael, Apple, etc.: donated-by/affiliated-with Khel (inferred from arriving together with Khel's apparent envoy in S3)
  • Traveler: a "walk-on" teammate, who's just there to get to Emily
  • Ha Yura: unclear affiliation, though her backstory links her to hidden floor
The Khel-donated team seems to have had a role in two FUG missions: (a) obtain Emily and (b) revive White. I don't credit Rachel with coming up with either objective, either: I believe Rachel might be sneaky-enough to try to commandeer Emily and White, but I don't believe her to be either (a) informed-enough to know about Emily and White or (b) clever-enough to scheme to obtain Emily/release White, either. I mean, this is just, like, my opinion, man, but I see the Icarus subplot as our first example of Rachel's "mastermind intellect" (ahem)...and thus I see her as, at best, trying to appropriate the fruits of others' plans.

From what we've seen so far, it looks as if both the Headon (Akryung) and Khel (Michael/Apple/etc.) teammates were expecting Rachel and Yura, but wound up getting ditched. My read on this is that Gustang's gifts were enough to "cut Rachel loose". I mean, yes, I agree Gustang's cooperative with the workshop, Headon, FUG, and so on, but that wouldn't prevent him from trying to take the upper hand by capturing/converting a key pawn. In any case, we hit the cage arc, and we see the joint Headon/Khel team of regulars arriving at the cage to perform their part in Khel's grand scheme...and doing so, apparently, sans Rachel (though she could be the boss and just hanging back for now, we shall see).

Where I get confused, here, is that if you accept the groupings above, then Khel—or "Khel's FUG faction", maybe?—had apparently been giving Rachel and her team some very critical FUG missions. Sure, Rachel's fundamentally Baam-bait—gotta keep him climbing—but she's also fetching Emily, she's also setting White free, you see what i mean. She succeeds at both, too—in fact, I'll bet she's stolen Emily for her own use, though we shall see...and, of course, Khel's envoy arrives at the cage apparently without Rachel but with that joint Headon/Khel team.

If that setup is right, it's just confusing right now: we have both (a) Rachel, I think, having absconded with Emily and (b) White, apparently, acting quite a bit like a free agent and yet both Khel and Sowo seem just...ignorant and/or indifferent to all that. It even makes sense for fate-seeing, fate-weaving Khel to be interested in Emily as a potential personal power-up and yet, so far, no acknowledgment of what happened with it?

Assuming SIU doesn't drop the ball I figure this'll get cleared-up eventually...but, for now, whenever I try to make sense of Rachel's trajectory and connections the most-recent stuff with Khel/Sowo seem difficult to reconcile with what's come before. Not incompatible, but missing some connective tissue.

OneEye

Reaction score
Country
Cameroon
What happened to Rachel in the hidden floor could give us a rough idea of what sort of power ups she could instantly obtain; it just may have caused her nothing to formulate the following 3 wishes to Gustang:

1) Grant me an appearance and powers similar to that in the hidden floor; I so much loved all I could do with that form.

2) let me have another sting grey that's more powerful and all loyal to me.

3) Bless me with some more super strong partners cos I'm kinda lazy at times and need someone else doing my job.

cash2088

Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde
Hopefully she gains only the power to look like the cockroach she is....

Lombert

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Sexy body(spell).Full complete revolution.Thorn.
After appearance with thorn and power that is strong as Baam's might or even stronger:
Rachel's haters:fuuuu
Rachel's fans:Jajajaja
Other people: eat popcorn.
After several chps,Baam beats her up,his potential of power has no limit and better than Rachel's,dispell sexy body magic,stole or just devour thorn:
Rachel's haters:Jajajajaja
Rachel's fans:fuuuuuuu
Other people: eat popcorn.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Atleast she is showing why irregulars are dangerous unlike Bam. She is the most useless character in the series (powerwise) but consistently has been a figure no one can get rid of.
ofcourse that doesnt bode well with her as a character but it kind of shows that irregulars despite their powers are beings that lies outside the towers equation.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
More and more I'm thinking irregulars ALREADY can't be killed while in the tower (unless by another irregular but who knows even then maybe not - maybe you still need something like a thorn or becoming an axis).

Not because they CAN'T be killed. But because fate (the tower) simply won't allow it.

Kadir0

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
With Data Zahard requesting Baam to help his version at the outside, i have feelings Baam will not kill Zahard but Rachel will after Baam exhausts Zahard a lot. It feels like she’s plan B for Headon if Baam refuses to finish the job!

cash2088

Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde
Rachel has her uses but it’s only to propel Baam further.

Gustang couldn’t figure out why or what “the person on the phone” intended for Rachel. But she is integral. One mistakes what she was to Baam. Such feelings are not easily discarded. Especially when you deify that person..

Last we don’t know WHO sent Rachel into the cave but someone did. Someone who fed her a lot of stories of the past.

projectX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
What wories some people is that Rachel look a lot like axis that was drawn from SIU long ago.Oedipus god of artifical creation.So Rachel may be just not normal irregular but puppet created from Oedipus.This will explain why Rachel is so weak compared to all irregulars we know

cash2088

Reaction score
Country
Cape Verde
What wories some people is that Rachel look a lot like axis that was drawn from SIU long ago.Oedipus god of artifical creation.So Rachel may be just not normal irregular but puppet created from Oedipus.This will explain why Rachel is so weak compared to all irregulars we know
Interesting I’ve never seen this axis.... Have a link?

projectX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria

here a picture

Oedipus is one of the top 5 axis users in the larger universe. (The number 1 ranker in TOG, Phantaminum, is likewise one of the 5 strongest axis users) It is also stated that Oedipus's goal is to create God because she is disappointed by that fact that all the universe's axis users ever do is fight. One such example was the King of Conquest, who eventually died on the battlefield. Oedipus wishes to create God (not an axis but the real omnipotent being) to ask the being why it decided to create axis powers. Oedipus, despite being the King of Artificial Creation, failed to make God, but is told how she might succeed by the Duke. It is unclear who the Duke is (though I believe it might be Phantaminum) or how he knows how to create God while Oedipus does not. It is also unclear why the Duke would not just do this himself.

Last edited: