Predictions - What do you think will happen in the manga from now on? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions What do you think will happen in the manga from now on?

perroloco

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Seeing as how we finally got to know everyone in the Elite Ten I think from now on the story will revolve around either Soma or other members of Tootsuki having Shokugeki against other members of the Elite Ten.

I dont see Soma losing to Kuga in the shokugeki, Soma has had encounters with Isshiki and Eizan, though indirectly (karaage arc) too, even since the first time he and Erina met he proved to be Elite Ten level by satisfying ver palete (even if she said the food was no good xD)

So, yeah I think Soma is already at Elite Ten level, same for Ryo, Akira, Alice and Takumi.

Anyway I think Soma is gonna win, dont know if Erina will lose her spot or Kuga will get out of Elite Ten and Soma gets 8th seat, dont know how it works..

After that I expect the story either to go to one of the characters I mentioned before to challengers an Elite Ten, or maybe even Soma getting challenged, maybe by some new unknown character (perhaps someone that used to be a Elite Ten?)

If Soma gets challenged, I think it would probably be a fandom new character, Aldini (I hope not, because I would like for their rematxh to be one of the last matches in their third years, once both are Elite Ten, hopefully) or Ibusaki, and again I think Ibusaki's challenge will come later into the series, if it happens, though I think it will.

Now, the author can do one of two things: Make Soma challenge other Elite Ten members OR make other characters challenge Elite Ten members.

I expect it to be a mix, maybe an arc of Soma challenging an Elite Ten, then other character challenges an Elite Ten..

So out of the main characters, or the characters I think have a chance of getting a seat, Alice is obviously the one with a very obvious objective in ver cousin, other than that I dont know what will happen or who will challenge who, but this is more or les what I expect to happen before the first years ends for Soma:

-Soma gets 8th seat.
-Soma gets challenged and wins.
-Alice challenges Erina, Alice loses.
-1st year challenges Elite Ten, probably Eizan or Isshiki, depending of the character they will win/lose for example I dont think Isshiki would lose to any challenger.. Except maybe for Erina/Soma depending on plot armor.
-Soma challenges a mid seat, I dont think Isshiki, maybe seats 5 or 6. Wins.
-Isshiki will probably challenge someone, I just dont think Isshiki will finish this year as 7th seat, I think from now on we will sew more of Isshiki, depending on what the author wants he gets owned by Soma and loses 7th seat or gets 1st seat by the end of the year (as in in the manga)

In my opinion Soma will get to the middle seat by the end of the first year and will probably lose his last Shokugeki as a first year, the Shokugeki being lost to one of the upper seats (basically a third grader)

I also expect either Erina or Isshiki to be 1st seat the following year, we havent seen the other seats' cooking skills but I think Isshiki could probably become number 1.

One thing I think needs to be clear is that I dont think the Elite Ten are gonna be "the final boss" in the manga, Soma needs to be 1st seat and then maybe start shokugeking against other 1st seats, I mean if it ever comes to that.. Also, what if Tootsuki isnt the only culinary school (lol, of course it isntz but you get my point).

The story can go on a lot of different directions depending on what the author plans.

Other intersting things, once the Elite ten graduate. What happens to the abandoned spots?
Do members basically get the new seats? Or is there like a tournament to decide? Also what happens to the new unnocupied spots?
All questions that havent been answered..

TL, DR.
I think Soma will get to mid seat by the end of his first higsxhool year.
Isshiki will either be beaten by Soma or get to first seat.
Maybe other 1st year will get a seat, I dunno why I feel like Aldini has the best shoot.. Just feels like he would win a Shokugeki depending on the opponent

Last edited:

NyoiToy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think soma will start his climb up the elite 10... but somewhere along the way there will be something revealed about the academy that makes him seriously question whether he should stick around.

I also think eventually soma will end up with tadokoro... she's his hyuga hinata...

Unnamed

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
too difficult to tell.

But right now i feel that after this Erina Arc the series will enter into a mini Arc or two for small development to some characters (specially the recently introduced elite 10) and then probably set up a big event for Winter Tournament. (involving the Elite 10 as well, otherwise it would be boring and become an Election 2.0)

this is the pattern the series might follow

Erina Arc > small Arc > small Autumn Break Arc > Winter Arc beginning > mini Arc > Big Winter Tournament > Winter Break > 3rd years Graduate > Spring start of 2nd year.

Based on how long the election lasted, the Big Winter Tournament is going to be similar in length if not longer. So probably there are still 100+ Chapters before 2nd year begins.

Which really makes you think...this series is aiming to be pretty long...

Last edited:

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
...bump? I think the developments of the manga make this thread worthy of discussion again..

Spoilers for chapter 145 (Soma vs Eizan match)

Anyhow I was correct just that instead of Kuga, Soma won against Eizan, again if you see my posts in other threads I had no doubts Soma was gonna win against Eizan, I just didn't see him losing twice in a row in an important Shokugeki *remember the last important Shokugeki Soma had had was the autumn election.

As for what's to happen in the manga, I still think that either Soma gets to Shokugeki against the other E10 members *mainly the Azami fraction, or other characters get to have Shokugekis against E10, e.g.

After this development I'm pretty sure Isshiki is/was plotting something to protect the Polar Star Dorm but it wasn't neccesary for him to do anything because Soma won, still I wouldn't be surprised to see Isshiki having a Shokugeki against Sit 1 or Nanase (I think that's the name of the 2nd year with glasses?) in the not so long future.

JonDou

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
What will happen next? Good question. As was pointed out, we must keep in mind that this is written for a younger audience than is reading these forums, so deep plot threads just won't work.

I think that in the next act, the authority of Central will be in disarray. I'm wondering if they will try to force Erina to leave PSD? I'm hoping Rindou finally explains why the E10 voted for the Azami administration.

I'm wondering if Soma might be pressured by the former RS students to be their champion? Will they want to be lazy and make Soma fight their battles?

I'm wondering if Erina now considers the students of PSD to be her friends, she certainly needs them?

There could be some misunderstanding between Isshiki and PSD, he was painfully missing from the whole conflict. I hope he's not a calculating D##k.