Other - What are your pet peeves? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Other What are your pet peeves?

weehoo107

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, we all know we have them. I'll start off with a few:

Nails scratching against a chalkboard. Urg! my brother is totally immune to it and we have a huge one upstairs so he'll just scratch his fingers when he wants to annoy us.

People comparing me to other people and then saying something like "why can't you be more like her?" or some crap like that. I really hate that. :notrust

Waking up more then once to tell someone to stop snoring. you'd think they'd stop after the first time!!!

Being in a dark room and not being able to identify a sound/movement. That just creeps me out. (still qualifies as a peeve though)

Annoying people who ignore everything you say. (my brother for example :notrust )

and that's all I can think of for now! Now go ahead, open up, and tell every one what annoys the hell outta you. :thumbs

Phoenix946

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Interesting thread :amuse

People comparing me to other people and then saying something like "why can't you be more like her?" or some crap like that. I really hate that. :notrust
Is that seriously meant when it happens? That's complete bullshit tbh.

Waking up more then once to tell someone to stop snoring. you'd think they'd stop after the first time!!!
Eh? They can't help that they snore :o

I can't stand the sound of a wet cloth or sponge being squeezed to get the water out. I get shivers all over from that, even by just thinking about it. *shivers*

Also I hate it when people treat me as dumb while in my eyes I didn't do anything dumb. I'll admit it if I agree that I failed, but if people just go acting like I did something stupid without clarifying whatsoever, that gets me ticked.

And slow people, urgh. In any way really, thinking, moving, talking, you name it.

silleri

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
people cracking their fingers (it rides me up the wall)

people taking there commitents too far. like a friend of mine who only eats organic foods even organic medicine so whenever she get a cold she never uses the prescription medicine (that isn't organic) she'll use organic vitamins and certin cough medicine (that don't work!!).

being bugged while trying to watch a movie it always happens to me!! I just wanna scream "SHUT UP" but I can't I'm too polite T_T

twittering it annoys the hell out if me!! we have finally been stripped of our privacy. I sometimes read twitters that say "John is having $ex with his girlfriend SCORE!!". I don't want to know!! I don't want to know the comprehensive details of your day!

they're the big ones.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

being bugged while trying to watch a movie it always happens to me!! I just wanna scream "SHUT UP" but I can't I'm too polite T_T
That is soo true! I totally agree on those.

Also, I just can't stand people who're adding you like on facebook or MSN and then doesn't start a convo or something, and when you write "hi?" to ask who they are they just writes "Who are you?"
I mean gooh you added me and then you ask me who I am? You could at least say hi or something, telling me why you added me...

I also hate the fact that they're making like chocolate that tastes like strawberry... why not inject some crazy stuff into strawberries to make them taste chocolate.. I don't have anything particular against just that, it was an example.. I mean that they make one product and then makes it taste like something else...

-Ren Boy-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When someone brushes their teeth next to me, the brushing sound puts me off and gives me the shivers

Being in a enclosed dark place, the room gets smaller and I start getting paranoid

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
When someone brushes their teeth next to me, the brushing sound puts me off and gives me the shivers
Is it just when other brushes their teeth or is it when you do it as well? I just got a fun picture in my head with you brushing your teeth, looking sad and shivering and stuff...

-Ren Boy-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nah when others do it. It just sounds so wierd!

weehoo107

Reaction score
Country
United States
haha I can do that by just clenching my hand :D

I also hate the fact that they're making like chocolate that tastes like strawberry... why not inject some crazy stuff into strawberries to make them taste chocolate.. I don't have anything particular against just that, it was an example.. I mean that they make one product and then makes it taste like something else...
Artificial smoothies. don't pay attention to the label, they lie-_-

silleri

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Also, I just can't stand people who're adding you like on facebook or MSN and then doesn't start a convo or something, and when you write "hi?" to ask who they are they just writes "Who are you?"
I mean gooh you added me and then you ask me who I am? You could at least say hi or something, telling me why you added me...

I

yeah i get that or it's most likely "want to chat??", i ask them who they are and they say "want to chat?"

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
yeah i get that or it's most likely "want to chat??", i ask them who they are and they say "want to chat?"
!!! I know!

But the funniest one is

"Uhm, hi?"
"a/s/l?"
"Eeh, 18 male sweden"
"someone@somewhere.something is currently offline"

and you're like...:nerve............:nerve................. *rage* :guns

silleri

Reaction score
Country
Australia
!!! I know!

But the funniest one is

"Uhm, hi?"
"a/s/l?"
"Eeh, 18 male sweden"
"someone@somewhere.something is currently offline"

and you're like...:nerve............:nerve................. *rage* :guns
it's not necessarily rage it more like INTERNET RAGE!! and then you turn into a strange version the incredible hulk but you're green, fat and throwing key boards at strangers...

some thing like this
but green

Last edited:

Firepelt00

Reaction score
Country
United States
My 2 biggest pet peeves are:

When I am crouded in a small space with people i don't particularly enjoy.

When i'm online minding my own businiess and some random person comes along and starts messaging me asking me if i will go out with them even if i tell him i am already in a relationship.
I have others but these are basically my 2 biggest ones b/c they happen alot, well the second one does.
<hr noshade size="1">

twittering it annoys the hell out if me!! we have finally been stripped of our privacy. I sometimes read twitters that say "John is having $ex with his girlfriend SCORE!!". I don't want to know!! I don't want to know the comprehensive details of your day!

they're the big ones.
I know what you mean. When i am watching anime movies or episodes online and somebody messages me on yahoo messanger i get so annoyed and when i am watching anime i even have the busy icon up on my status message D<

That twitter page always pops up on me when i am online so i finally got the site blocked from my computer >D i don't remember how i did it though

Last edited:

ketorin

Reaction score
Country
United States
I hate when people are obsessed with myspace or facebook and they have to be on it constantly.

When those talking ads start playing in the middle of watching anime or reading manga, that is very annoying.

Also I really hate wen I am into something and then all of a sudden your friend gets into it too when previously they weren't. I hate when people copy me.

One last big pet peeve, I hate when people bend paper back books so you see a crease along the spine of the book, this also includes my manga, I can't stand when people don't respect my books/manga

Firepelt00

Reaction score
Country
United States
I hate when people are obsessed with myspace or facebook and they have to be on it constantly.

When those talking ads start playing in the middle of watching anime or reading manga, that is very annoying.

One last big pet peeve, I hate when people bend paper back books so you see a crease along the spine of the book, this also includes my manga, I can't stand when people don't respect my books/manga
I have a myspace but if I do get on i just get on to check my mail (yeah like one of my 3/5 friends that I don't even know or talk to are going to send me a message)and when i log off i dn't get on for like 3 to 5 months. I think my last log in was it May somewhere.

I HATE those ads, exspecialy the walmart/wii ads. I really HATE it when it comes on really loud, like when your watching an anime episode with the volume turned down then all of the sudden: ORDER ONE OF OUR PRODUCTS AND YOU GET ONE FREE, comes blastin into your ear. It really hurts when your wearing headphones.

I loaned a bunch of books from a manga series to one of my best friends and she spilled coke all over them. I was so mad. Hence this happened a year ago and i am still mad at her. I know being mad at her for a riduculousy long amount of time is too much, but it manga books. It would have been ok if the books were really old and they weren't manga books.

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah I can't stand it as well when I loan something to friends and I get it back in a worser state it were before ... if I get it back.
Once I loaned a friend "Reservoir Dogs" and "Dude, where's my car?" (suppose this is the original title) on DVD and I never saw it again.
He said he already gave me ... but nevermind ... I'm not mad at him anymore but I know that he will never get something from me

misterchaos

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
sry for my ignorance, but hat is it pet peeves? im from portugal and my english is a bit rusted

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Pet peeves is small things that can drive you crazy.

misterchaos

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
the sound of a chalk writing in a board :chair

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
not much actually...
i'm immune to weird sounds or something like this^^
there are only two things

#1 chewing on handkerchiews!!EWW!i can#t stand that eventhough i don't hear it that often and you probably know why?

#2 when people sing a song without knowing the words and putting other words or not existingwords instead of the right words-_-;

that nearly kills me:XD

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
This always gets to me. I think I mentioned this once on the fun forums.

A pet peeve that gets to me all the time is...

People who click on locked spoiler threads (it happens on all forums). :faint

Why! Why do you do it people, why? It is crazy!

Stop the madness and wait till the thread is unlocked or has a post.