Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 470 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

How will Astro Royale perform on Shonen Jump?

• A Success

• Decently Well

• It Will Struggle

• A Flop

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

iker_03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #24 (2024)
Psych House (Cover & Lead Color Pages; 54p; New Series by Kobayashi Omusuke)
SAKAMOTO DAYS
ONE PIECE
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page & Special Chapter)
Astro Royale
My Hero Academia
Kagurabachi (Color Page)
Kyokuto Necromance (23p)
Super Psychic Policeman Chojo
Kill Blue (Color Page)
Blue Box
Jujutsu Kaisen
WITCH WATCH
Me & Roboco
Akane-banashi
Undead Unluck
The Elusive Samurai
Nue's Exorcist
Dear Anemone
Green Green Greens

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #25 (2024) - Information
Cover & LCP: Kill Blue (1st Anniversary)
Color Pages: Akane-banashi; Psych House (Color Page, 2nd Chapter, 25p); Yohei no Hei (One-Shot by Hideaki Nabe)
Absent: ONE PIECE; The Elusive Samurai

Last edited:

pennycryman

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Man everyone is really hating on Necromance and it is already in chapter 3. Can’t we just wait and see how this first arc will go starting Sunday/Monday, and see if it picks up?
Problem is, series have to impress in the first 3 chapters. It could be a masterpiece from here out, and still get the boot, since engagement is just that low.

Mankichi Togawa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
More than hating or not hating, what I sense is indiference towards Necromance. I see it has failed to grab the attention of the readers in the 3 first chapters (I'd say it's at the same level of indiference Ruirui Senki had, with Dear Anemone having grabbed more attention from fans than Necromance or Ruirui). And in a competitive world like Jump ToC this can be a lethal thing already.

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yep, this new batch seems dead on arrival (except Astro Royale which should do fine in short term)
I enjoy Psych house and will be sad to see it go. It really had exceeded my initial expectation. But on the bright side, cushions for Kagurabachi

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Id at least wait until the first ranking.

Folks here thought Choujo was dead on arrival and we see what happened there...

The JPN response wouldn't have suggested a blowout ultra popular initial ranking, recall what was said at chp 1 from jpn forum insight

Hard to tell, it's mostly comparisons and saying it doesn't look like a Jump series, art is being complimented but mostly are like "i don't know, is just 1 chapter".

Chojo isn't madly positive but most comments i read are more positive than negative, at the worst a "didn't find funny" comment.

Last edited:

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
What was Ruri Dragon's initial JP forum reception? Immediately popular?

pennycryman

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What was Ruri Dragon's initial JP forum reception? Immediately popular?
Idk about forum, but its Jump+ views were at 900K, which was Ichinose debut level, which is crazy from a newbie. It was a hit from the one-shot, like Blue Box.

Kurama58

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
Something I learned is that every series this forum support get axed and the underdog one strive.
So I guess Astro is dead and Necromance will live.
Also the fact that after 4 chapter the current reception for Astro is kinda bad is not helping

OtterBrigade

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Something I learned is that every series this forum support get axed and the underdog one strive.
Also the fact that after 4 chapter the current reception for Astro is kinda bad is not helping
Every? Acting like Ruri, Sakamoto and Blue Box weren't popular here from the start

Shonenfan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Shadow Eliminators and Dear Anemone were both disliked from the start.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The thread has a history of being negative on series, then once they become popular after the chp8 first ranking, folks suddenly become positive.

Kurama58

Reaction score
Country
France
Shadow Eliminators and Dear Anemone were both disliked from the start.
Folk liked ShE here and it got axed in 19 chapter, Mamayuyu shared the same fate.
I also hope Nue get his cover and survive because it would be the most balant exemple (although jump isn’t dumb enough to axe a 30k seller with the current state of the magazine)

Also, more seriously about Astro, it won’t die because you don’t get Wakui, a 80 million seller from another magazine and let get him bottom rank, it will at least survive as long as Ichinose if things are bad

Last edited:

Dongus

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Folk liked ShE here and it got axed in 19 chapter, Mamayuyu shared the same fate.
I also hope Nue get his cover and survive because it would be the most balant exemple (although jump isn’t dumb enough to axe a 30k seller with the current state of the magazine)

Also, more seriously about Astro, it won’t die because you don’t get Wakui, a 80 million seller from another magazine and let get him bottom rank, it will at least survive as long as Ichinose if things are bad
Whoa whoa whoa there, just because I liked the girls once Togami entered the picture doesn't mean Shadow Eliminators was well liked. And don't you go using SharkBait's gassing up the series as general opinion. I've followed it from start to finish and the reception was more middling and disinterest, to outright dropping. The only reason you could say it was liked was because the only person talking about it by the end was SharkBait and that guy's built different.

Mamayuyu was generally liked here up till it started ranking and then everyone went quiet about it. So it really goes both ways. A liked series gets disinterest when it's proven to flop, and a disliked series gets a resurgence when it's looking to succeed. Of course there's GGG which everyone likes and struggles to cope with its existence within the axed territory.

Kurama58

Reaction score
Country
France
Whoa whoa whoa there, just because I liked the girls once Togami entered the picture doesn't mean Shadow Eliminators was well liked. And don't you go using SharkBait's gassing up the series as general opinion. I've followed it from start to finish and the reception was more middling and disinterest, to outright dropping. The only reason you could say it was liked was because the only person talking about it by the end was SharkBait and that guy's built different.

Mamayuyu was generally liked here up till it started ranking and then everyone went quiet about it. So it really goes both ways. A liked series gets disinterest when it's proven to flop, and a disliked series gets a resurgence when it's looking to succeed. Of course there's GGG which everyone likes and struggles to cope with its existence within the axed territory.
I see, well I guess I was wrong about ShE then

Mankichi Togawa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
For the moment unless surprise, I see next batch being 3 series again due to:
-GGG (I hate you for this Japan) and Dear Anemone axed
-MHA natural ending