Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion! | Page 597 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBC008

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hey Animeexpert, I am curious? I am reading Green Green Greens and so far it is good. But when it got to the Granny character talking with our female MC, our male MC is debating about calling the cops. And he said if he should dial 911, I know that is the main number for emergency services, but does that number also apply to Japan as well (I know it doesn’t cause in the UK they use 999).

coldmess

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Is Kagurabachi being pushed by Mangaplus? It's second even though everything else is TOC order. Or it might just be me.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country

Is Kagurabachi being pushed by Mangaplus? It's second even though everything else is TOC order. Or it might just be me.
You know that is what is happening on the Shonen Jump app as well. They were really pushing on the app as well that all of the chapters were free (if you don’t pay for the 3 a month deal). I guess they are really buying into the hype thing.

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, it’s already this time of the year. I’ve looked back at these predictions a couple of times throughout the year while I was bored so I already know I was way off on some of this, but hey, all in good fun.

- Hunter x Hunter will get a color page for chapter 400, breaking the pattern of just having one at the start of a batch. There will be another batch later in the year, during which one of the non Kurapika leads will make an appearance. WRONG
- My Hero Academia ends right around it's anniversary. Another spin-off will be announced around the same time. WRONG
- Culling Game ends in Jujutsu Kaisen. There will be a flashback/infodump arc before the final arc begins. The volumes that release while season 2 is airing will see a bit of a boost, but a decline will begin right afterwards. PARTS RIGHT, too early to tell about post anime sales.
- Yozakura gets an anime announced. Split cour, Summer 2023 and Winter 2024 by Lerche. Final arc begins by the end of the year, but doesn't end. PARTS RIGHT
- Mashle anime begins in Spring, runs for two cours, with a second and final season confirmed for 2024. Manga ends in the middle of the animes run. Get's a Giga bonus chapter in Summer or Fall. PART RIGHT just the spring airdate
- Undead Unluck anime airs in Summer. Two cours covering through the Spring arc. No second season announced at the end. Manga ends right around the time the anime starts, with a cover to celebrate both occasions combined into one. WRONG :)
- High School Family ends around it's third anniversary. It is a natural finale and not an axe. The series will see a spike in discussion during Ichiro and Suzaki's final volleyball game, but sales do not increase. WRONG
- Sakamoto Days anime announced in March for a Fall 2023 start. Animated by Madhouse. WRONG
- Elusive Samurai finally finishes 1335 and massively diverges from the actual history, final arc announced. Anime announced for a morning slot. WRONG 1335 did finish but didn’t diverge, anime seems to be late night
- Blue Box gets both an anime announced for 2024, as well as a live action movie for late 2023. A Japanese basketball player will give a recommendation on a volume wrap. PART RIGHT
- PPPPPP contiunes to get color pages but no covers. Sales continue to grow but not substantially. There will be a timeskip after the Fanta arc ends. Enters final arc by the end of the year. WRONG :(
- Akane Banashi runs a promotional campaign at real high school rakugo events. Gets the lead color pages for one of the group covers. PART RIGJT
- Ruri Dragon comes back but takes frequent brakes a la One Piece. Sales do not grow from volume one, but still outsell most of the magazine. WRONG
- TDBS and G&G still both end next batch despite G&G's additonal color page. RIGHT
- Ichinose starts with a string of high rankings, but solidfies to the middle of the pack for the rest of the year. Get's a recommenation on the wrap of the first volume. WRONG
- Cipher Academy sells better than the average flop but still ends within 30 chapters. WRONG
- Ichigouki is an average flop. RIGHT
- Android 100 is a hit, much to the surprise of the forum. There will be a Roboco chapter about how she is theaterned by this new robot lady's precense in the magazine. WRONG
- Fujimaki and Komi come back in the same batch along with two newbies. Komi's series is not his vampire one shot. Two series from this batch will survive, with only one of them being a veteran. PART RIGHT this one is frustratingly close to what happened
- No other veteran returns with a new series this year, but a few will release new one shots, including Furudate and Tsutsui, who promises to return with a series next time. WRONG
- Asahi Sakano returns with a oneshot, a gets a shout out from either Tosuka or Komoto in the ToC. WRONG MAGAZINE
- Odoriba Yuu starts hinting at a serialization on twitter or something, but nothing comes of it this year. PART RIGHT
- Nakama returns with a one shot near the end of the year, not deterred by TDBS's failure. WRONG
- Kakazu Kazu will return with Sudama no Kusa in the Fall, initial reception will be much stronger than Blood Oath. WRONG
- Taishin Uemura begins a series WRONG
- Jump starts two new spokon as a batch of two, deliberately pitting them against each other. One of them is soccer, and the other is a more unconventional sport. Neither succeed. WRONG
- Ryohei Yamamoto, hot of the heels of a more sucessful stint on Plus, returns to Jump with Himitsu no Madoka-kun. WRONG
- There will be a newbie that tries way to hard to be the new Chainsaw Man. WRONG though you could certainly argue CSM influences on MMYY and KGB
- An author with roots in shojo manga will make their jump debut, paired with a veteran shonen artist. WRONG
- Overall Jump will be in a generally solid place by the end of the year in terms of growing series, but will see a somewhat concerning lack of battle series to replace the ones that are leaving. MAYBE?

I’ll probably go more in depth on my feelings about my last prediction once I’ve read todays issue, about to be on the road though so that won’t be until tonight. Looking forward to new predictions in a few days.

Shonenfan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Feels like CA is rushing to a conclusion.... then again, I thought the same with the previous arc.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
I finished Green Green Greens and, I thought it was good. The way the characters were established and how the foundation was there, I think this might have a chance if it gets the votes.

Mankichi Togawa

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I will repeat this in the 2024 thread but hell with it, time to do some predictions in what I think is going to be one of the craziest years to have:
-One Piece will have its Elbaf arc which will end in the very same year, with the end of the year being the start of the Lodestar arc
-My Hero Academia is ending in around March 2024
-Jujutsu Kaisen is ending in around Fall 2024
-Yozakura Family is ending in around Fall 2024
-Undead Unluck won't end next year but will get close to ending
-Sakamoto Days will have anime announcement around Spring
-Witch Watch will have anime announcement around Spring-Summer
-Akane Banashi will have anime announcement almost in Winter, close to 2025 Jump Festa
-Bonus: Marriagetoxin and Kindergarten Wars will have anime announcements too
-Blue Box anime will be in Fall
-Cipher Academy won't be axed, but will truly be the Yozakura 2.0 with some color pages and that's all
-Kill Blue will get 1-2 covers, some color pages, that's all
-Nue will become Yozakura 3.0 (aka color pages, not any cover at all, not even for anniversary, that's all)
-Kagurabachi will struggle but will manage to survive
-Mamayuyu and Two on Ice are dying in next round
-Asumi will live a little more but end being axed too
-Too early to think about GGG and Ruirui but I don't have hopes for any of them tbh
-We will be getting a hit from the very next batch in february
-2024 will leave us with 3 new manga that will become hits
-From veterans, Komi will be back
-Matsura will be back in 2024 with a new manga
-Kentaro Fukuda will be back too with a new manga
-Santa Mitarashi will be back too
-Harukawa Jun will get a serialization
-Tate Roll will be serialized
-Ruri Dragon won't return in 2024

Last edited:

Kiaida

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Impressions

Green Green Greens: I like it! It's not anything super unique, but it's well made and easy to like. Our hero and heroine both already had some decent depth to them and good characterization work, they aren't perfect people, but are kinda flawed and relatable -- I ended up liking both of them and wanting to cheer for them and I think this is a core aspect for a spokon to work. The golf scenes were also simple, but that helped give it a more contemplative feeling to a first chapter that focused on these two characters, their goals and eventual bonding. It's no masterpiece, but the chapter went by fast and got me interested in reading chapter 2 more than I did with Two on Ice, so for now it's a win. Won't bet on it though, this is the kind of series that takes more chapters to fully prove itself.

Blue Box: I said this before, but I like how the newer cast is integrated in the story. Always felt like this manga lacked in relevant characters to mix things up and now this is generally fixed.
Kill Blue: I don't think it's a good thing I relate to Ogami when he's tired or bored by the situations around him.
Sakamoto: If there's one thing I have a hard time liking in this series it's flashback chapters like this. I'm sorry, but I don't care enough about the characters. Cool last page though.
Yozakura: Kyoichiro continues being the most interesting sibling! Excited to see more of currrent Mutsumi, the chapter's ending gave her a nice aura.
Nue: Brand new character! I already like her and it's cool that we get more out of Gakuro because of her. The page where they both do the iconic Gakuro Face was pretty funny and the ending's hook is interesting to bring back that plotline that was put away for a long time already.
Witch Watch: While this was wholesome in some aspects, I kept thinking about how dangerous this whole thing was and it's hard to believe the guys wouldn't expect something like this.
Akane: These scenes showing Akane's influences on her brothers are pretty nice. You don't have to be better or worse than someone to be deeply impacted by their presence and the story is showcasing this really well with the different situations everyone is in.
MMA: A chapter focused on advancing things and showing our roster of characters for now. It was alright, I'm interested in seeing them and their growth.
UU: I love ramen a lot: the food, the experience, the culture. This chapter gets it. Ramen/10.
Kagurabachi: And here we have The Organization. Nothing too special, but also not bad, the manga needed more fighters and Chihiro feels more humanized. Is this arc also reminding you guys a lot of the Shie Hassaikai arc in Hero Academia?
Mamayuyu: I'm glad the author know we care more about Minerva than this guy. Her backstory is interesting and has a mix of dramatic and funny scenes, just makes me like her more. Corleo also got a nice moment here, so it was all good.
Two on Ice: Last week I said I was tuned out and it's still true, but reading this chapter I gradually felt happier for the decision and character moments. Decent conclusion to the likely only full arc this manga will tell, at least we got one full story out of it.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
My top-5 moments of 2023 Shonen Jump:

1. from Akane Banashi

2. from ONE PIECE

3. from Jujutsu Kaisen

4. from My Hero Academia

5. from Witch Watch

Bonus moment: the final page of PPPPPP

Last edited:

Discomusic

Reaction score
Country
Italy
1. Witch Watch: The first chapter of this new stage of the series that I truly enjoyed, I know it would come eventually. Just like early series teenage Nico was at her best when chapters were set in her weird highschool classroom, early saga child Nico is at her best when chapters are set in her weird kindergarten class.
2. One Piece: My favourite flashback in most recent times continues, I thought it was concluding this week but there is still more left to show. I wonder if Dr. Kureha was also consulted?
3. The Elusive Samurai: I am finally accepting Akiie as a character I truly like. Even then, the act of his subordinate had to be condemned more fiercely, but maybe the upcoming flashback will help us understand.
4. Blue Box: By golly, the third years realizing that they are in their final year is a sign that an high school series has evolved. I liked the confrontation with Yumeka moving on the sports side of the story, and Haruto unknowingly spoiling the date-not-date.
5. Sakamoto Days: A chapter full of brotherly love that I could enjoy. Given the usual mood of the series, I wouldn't have flinched if they just killed the father and did whatever they please from there on.
6. Akane-banashi: The Mangaplus comments emphatize how everyone is getting influenced by Akane's willing force. That's a nice way of reading the characters and their current actions: everyone is improving thanks to her.
7. Me and Roboco: When I read the word Shogi I thought "this will be boring" but it was not! Madokaaaa and her facial expressions are great, but I wonder how she would fare against young queen of Shogi Haruka Ieitani.
8. Jujutsu Kaisen: I have to penalize it for the first 15 pages that were terrible. But at least, the last three pages were EPIC!
9. Kill Blue: I forgot it was beach episode time today...but it was unexpectedly fun. I liked the introduction of the reasonable teacher, I liked less the seduction attempt (but it could have been worse) and I liked the girl talk and expecially the boy talk at the end. Good start for the mini-arc.
10. MamaYuyu: I wonder about the mother of Minerva now. Is she really how her daughter describes her or is there more than hypocrisy on her messages? Will we learn more before the series gets axed? Probably not.
11. Two on Ice: Nice ending for the prologue and nice answer from the protagonist. It would have been also a perfect ending for an axe, so can we say that the prologue got axed?
12. Undead Unluck: This is not something you should read close to dinner time. I am so hungry now...
13. Martial Master Asumi: Weird chapter. The first part had a strange "where are they now" epilogue vibe...the second half was all about introducing many characters at once, something that rushing series usually do. I'm not sure about where it's going at.
14. Kagurabachi: Those new guys have the perfect design for cosplay and action figures in case the series goes boom. Not much else to say apart from this and poor Char.
15. Mission: Yozakura Family: Getting her stamp this way was cheap and not satisfying. Also it seems Gondaira is now in a rush to end the stamp arc and I'm not sure I am liking that.
16. Green Green Greens: It just happens that I am a fan of golf and I also try to practice it to my capabilities. So I was more interested in this series than the majority of the thread, and the first chapter...was disappointing. I didn't perceive real love for the sport but it was just another medium to tell a story that any other sport would do. All the talk about money in the first half was disengaging for me, I hope I will eventually stand corrected.
17. Cypher Academy: I'm back to reading it at the bottom of the ToC and I'm back to being too mentally tired to enjoy it at this point.
18. Nue's Exorcist: Gakuro's shock when seeing his sister for the first time in years: zero. Nue's arrogance in not caring for the feeling of others to acheive her goals: enough to become irritating.

Retro binge update. Space Adventure Cobra: Read volume 3. What seemed the main plotline until then ended suddenly and by the next page Cobra began a completely new adventure with completely different characters. I have nothing against episodic series but this is so abrupt and unexpected it left me confused for a while. The stories are very crazy anyway, most notably the one where the space adventurer is involved in a royal dispute in a kingdom of sentient swords (no, really).

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain

iker_03

Reaction score
Country
Spain
My Fav moments of 2023 for every series a read:

ONE PIECE

My Hero Academia
Jujutsu Kaisen
Mission: Yozakura Family

Undead Unluck
SAKAMOTO DAYS
Blue Box
Cipher Academy
Kill Blue
Nue's Exorcist

For the new batch i didnt count anything cause i think its to early

Ps: Bonus same as Mank, P6 last page kek

Shonenfan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm excited so I will do the same

Current Series:

* One Piece: Egghead arc ends with the straw hats escaping to Elbaf. We see Imu's full appearance in the post arc (fingers crossed) when Saturn reports to them, we get teased BB v Shanks, Akainu going to Elbaf (as Surtur), Big Mom going to Elbaf after taking Kaido's soul, the SH split with most of them going to get the 4th poneglphy from Dragon. Elbaf still ongoing.

* Sakamoto Days: current arc gets completed. Slur is still not defeated. Final arc of the slur saga starts. Anime announced if not announced by this Jump Festa.

* Akane Banashi: Anime doesn't get announced until next Jump Festa at the earliest. Continues to do very well.

* KB: Series continues to ascend.

* UU: Series is still not over, but we get very close to the final arc of this final saga. Continues to be incredible with different genres. I could. We touch a sports genre, a romance/idol genre, and a pure gag genre for the new members

* MHA: series ends in the mid spring

* JJK: series ends very late summer

* ES: series hangs on like MYF has done. Anime provides minimal boost.

* MYF: Series ends in the late fall/early winter

* Nue: Series continues to grow in popularity with more than 2 Covers.

* BB: We get close to Taiki's 3rd year.

* M&R: series continues to do it's thing.

* 2 on Ice: gets axed by next batch

* MMY: Sadly ets axed next batch

* WW: Anime announcement when it gets its next cover.

* MMA: I could see it surviving as an editor favorite like UU and pulls a CA. Depends on how GGG does. I think they're similar which hurts it.

* Kagurabachi: sadly gets axed next batch or the international reception keeps it alive for an extra batch

* CA: ends before the end of the year.

* GGG: (edit) fantastic start. I think this survives and may end MMA.

*Ruirui: gets axed, but again will have to read it.

New Series:
* First we get an EIC change announcement that will take effect end of 2024 or 2025.

* Suffice it to say we will get at least one exorcist series, a gag series that's grounded, a gag series that is ridiculous, an adventure series, a non battle battle manga, a sci fi, an echi. We're going to get a supernatural school series. No supernatural sports this one I think.

* For newbies, I think we get Tate Roll, Harukawa Jun, and last years Golden Cup winner and this years Golden Cup winner.

* For vets, I think we get Sorachi, Phantom Seer author, Saki's author, Shimabu, and one of Haikyuu/Demon Slayer's author

* We get one super batch of at least 4 series.

Last edited:

iker_03

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I will post it again when the 2024 threads gets open but here are my 2024 predicts:

My 2024 Predictions
ONE PIECE: Egg Head will end, and next step will be Elbaf
MHA: Gonna end before spring (prob meanwhile S7 airs)
JJK: Gonna end at the end of the year (or at least will be not much left)
MYF: Will not end in 2024 but will anounce with a CP the start of the final arc, Anime airs on spring (2 cours), will not be a super boost but much better than UU (maybe gonna help reach 50k mark)
UU: Anime will continue to do nothing, sales will continue decline, by the end of the year (if its not already gone) it should be near the end
Roboco: Its roboco, so who knows (i just want a Bleach and Black Clover parody covers)
SD: Finally the anime will be announce, gonna fell over the 100k mark but still above 80k
TES: Anime will be a good adap but will end up as UU, sales will be pretty much on the line (40k mark), and maybe will be closer to ending
WW: Anime announce
BB: Anime on fall, pretty super strong boost, but series gonna end meanwhile the anime airs (end of 2024 start of 2025)
Akane: Anime annnounce in Jump Festa 2025, sales will be between 45-50k
Ruri: Return.
Cipher: Will finally reach the 20k mark, struggle to survive
KB: Sales gonna start going up instead of the actual decline, 2 covers (random and anni)
Nue: Same as KB, i think it will start getting pushed, and maybe some recomendation in a vol obi
MMA: If a miracle doesnt happen, axed
MMY: Gonna be axed
Kgb: If it survives is gonna be because everything else is doing worse, time will be Kagura best friend, will end up survive (and maybe win Next Manga Awards)
TOI: Gonna be axed
GGG and Ruirui: To early to said, but if GGG succeds (or at least does more than 10k first vol), the is truly over form MMA

New series:
-Burn the Witch will return
-Naoshi Komi will return
-A new Jump game will be announced
-Nakano leaves as EiC
-A hit by a newbie
-Shiro Usazaki will finally return
-The winner of GFG 2022 and 2023 will published

animeexpert

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hey Animeexpert, I am curious? I am reading Green Green Greens and so far it is good. But when it got to the Granny character talking with our female MC, our male MC is debating about calling the cops. And he said if he should dial 911, I know that is the main number for emergency services, but does that number also apply to Japan as well (I know it doesn’t cause in the UK they use 999).
Unlike Almost any country that just use 1 dial line, Japanese use a separate one for police (110 for police & 119 for ambulance & fire department)

They use here 911 simply so you get the context

Chibi Cthulhu

Reaction score
Country
United States
13. Martial Master Asumi: Weird chapter. The first part had a strange "where are they now" epilogue vibe...the second half was all about introducing many characters at once, something that rushing series usually do. I'm not sure about where it's going at.
Fr gave me a mini heart attack in the first half the pacing feels weird.

I would love to make a prediction but I'm only caught up with 7 wsj series ( and 2 series I'm currently trying to catch up so 9) 😭

Last edited:

chareveleuv

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My 2024 Predictions
ONE PIECE: Elbaf arc will begin, some press on LA S2
MHA: Ending just in time for the Spring Axe Bowl
JJK: End before Winter 2024/2025
MYF: Will not end in 2024. Gets worse boost than UU.
UU: Ends Winter 2024/2025. Keeps flopping till the end
Roboco: Will keep going until a new gag manga gets serialized which will be 2025
SD: Anime announcement from our dear friend Mappa
TES: Anime boost will be bigger than UU. Everyone who fell off in the beginning will come back.
WW: Anime announcement. Could be any studio idc.
BB: Strong anime boost. AOTS. Will be one a 200k seller.
Akane: Still stealing LCPs and CPs from better mangas.
Ruri: LMAO
Cipher: Will end quietly in Fall 2024
KB: Decline in TOC and sales. Will dip below Nue in two volumes. Will be in bottom 5 by springtime.
Nue: Will get the big push KB is getting. More LCPs in the future.
MMA: Axed
MMY: Axed
Kgb: Chainsaw Man’s younger brother. Rebounds but never gets the respect. Will win the Best New Manga Award and sell well.
TOI: Axed
GGG and Ruirui: GGG could survive if it uses the character designs in its LCP it has very early. Ruirui gets axed. Worse Phantom Seer.

New series:
-A new Jump game will be announced. No Asta as no one wants him
-No newbie hits, Kagurabachi is the only light for new manga
-Tate Roll will be published

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
Unlike Almost any country that just use 1 dial line, Japanese use a separate one for police (110 for police & 119 for ambulance & fire department)

They use here 911 simply so you get the context
Gotcha

Phantom RPG

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I will post it again when the 2024 threads gets open but here are my 2024 predicts:

My 2024 Predictions
ONE PIECE: Egg Head will end, and next step will be Elbaf
MHA: Gonna end before spring (prob meanwhile S7 airs)
JJK: Gonna end at the end of the year (or at least will be not much left)
MYF: Will not end in 2024 but will anounce with a CP the start of the final arc, Anime airs on spring (2 cours), will not be a super boost but much better than UU (maybe gonna help reach 50k mark)
UU: Anime will continue to do nothing, sales will continue decline, by the end of the year (if its not already gone) it should be near the end
Roboco: Its roboco, so who knows (i just want a Bleach and Black Clover parody covers)
SD: Finally the anime will be announce, gonna fell over the 100k mark but still above 80k
TES: Anime will be a good adap but will end up as UU, sales will be pretty much on the line (40k mark), and maybe will be closer to ending
WW: Anime announce
BB: Anime on fall, pretty super strong boost, but series gonna end meanwhile the anime airs (end of 2024 start of 2025)
Akane: Anime annnounce in Jump Festa 2025, sales will be between 45-50k
Ruri: Return.
Cipher: Will finally reach the 20k mark, struggle to survive
KB: Sales gonna start going up instead of the actual decline, 2 covers (random and anni)
Nue: Same as KB, i think it will start getting pushed, and maybe some recomendation in a vol obi
MMA: If a miracle doesnt happen, axed
MMY: Gonna be axed
Kgb: If it survives is gonna be because everything else is doing worse, time will be Kagura best friend, will end up survive (and maybe win Next Manga Awards)
TOI: Gonna be axed
GGG and Ruirui: To early to said, but if GGG succeds (or at least does more than 10k first vol), the is truly over form MMA

New series:
-Naoshi Komi will return
-A new Jump game will be announced
-Nakano leaves as EiC
-A hit by a newbie
-Shiro Usazaki will finally return
-The winner of GFG 2022 and 2023 will published
Predictions for next year, 2024:
  • One Piece: Egghead arc ends, with Elbaf beginning around the start of spring.
  • MHA: Ends next year, around spring.
  • JJK: Also ends, but i think around the summer.
  • MYF: Will not end on 2024, but yes 2025. Will not get a big boost thanks to the anime.
  • UU: Will continue till next year, i believe.
  • Roboco: Continues on for now i think.
  • SD: Anime announcement, will gain a good boost and will continue for the year as normal.
  • TES: Anime will not give a massive boost, also i think the final arc will begin for the series.
  • WW: Anime Annoucement
  • BB: Anime on fall, gain a massive boost.
  • Akane: Anime annoucement.
  • Ruri: Either return or switch to Jump Plus.
  • CA: Will struggle and likely end this year, whether in winter or spring.
  • KB: Decline in TOC and sales, but will remain for a while.
  • Nue: Will start getting a bit more recognition from the editorial team and gain more LCP.
  • MMA: If the sales decline rapidly, it will be axed by the next batch in spring.
  • MMYY: Axed by the next batch.
  • Kagurabachi: Struggle but will gain a following of fans that will keep it alive.
  • TOI: Axed by the next batch in spring.
  • GGG and RS: Too early but i think GGG will gain an audience while RS is a conundrum for me at the moment.
New series:

A brand total of 10 to 11 new series will begin starting with RS.

Returning, failed or successful authors:
  • Taishi Tsutsui with a romantic battle series similar to a previous one shot he made before.
  • Tadahiro Miura with an ecchi fantasy series most likely similar to his newest one shot.
  • Kazu Kakazu returns with a brand new fantasy series.
  • Genki Ono returns with a brand new Historical fantasy series.
Newbies:

• Natsuki Osonoe makes his debut series with a series adapted from Tate Roll.
  • Kotohiro Komoda makes his debut with an adaptation of his one shot "Miyako no Oni to Inaka no Tanuki"
  • Eiti debuts an Action Adventure series.
  • Both GFC winners of 2022 and 2023 make their debut.
  • one of the previous competitors of GFC make their debut. (Taishin Uemura or another participant)
  • Jun Harukawa finally debut their own series.

Status
Not open for further replies.