Seinen - Vinland Saga by Makoto Yukimura | Page 38 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Vinland Saga by Makoto Yukimura

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Not surprising though, considering where the story is at right now.

Gotta catch up buying the hard cover editions. This is really a masterpiece I wanna have 8n my shelf.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Looks so good.

Einars voice is perfect.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Still curious how this season will be structured considering it doesn't really have that defined "end" like the first season has and there's a pretty pronounced decrease in pages for the Slave Arc too. Sort of worried about what kind of filler they might add to the story considering a lot of people dislike this arc for whatever reason.

It makes me wonder if maybe to avoid filler they'll go a bit further than this arc's conclusion since the arc before our current one in the manga is probably the longest.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Does anyone know how many episodes there are?

Still curious how this season will be structured considering it doesn't really have that defined "end" like the first season has and there's a pretty pronounced decrease in pages for the Slave Arc too. Sort of worried about what kind of filler they might add to the story considering a lot of people dislike this arc for whatever reason.

It makes me wonder if maybe to avoid filler they'll go a bit further than this arc's conclusion since the arc before our current one in the manga is probably the longest.
I think it's gonna end with arriving to Iceland. That's a defined ending imho, right after a climax with Canute. Homecoming. Also a sort of ending that works fine if there never is a 3rd season. It's 10 chapters less than first season in content, but they did streamline that little and the filler they did was pretty good.

For filler content, I can see them doing and episode or two for Canute with some Thorkkel. Bit of an risk writing-wise, but considering that they have so much less panel time that in Prologue arc, viewers might expect to see them and the crew might accommodate that.

They could also stretch it a little bit, by having a post-credits scenes for Gudrid, Sigurd and Halfdan. And maybe a little teaser at Hild, similar to the ending of the first season.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

2nd season is also more bout vibes and moods, so they could also simply make pace slower. More Shinkai-esque collages of pretty well-lit enviroment shots:P

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Well, if they're going to adapt this arc wholesale it needs to be two cour. I would think with the kind of break they took that the reasonable expectation would be that it has to be the same length as season one, but I don't know about any confirmation.

This is confirmation I guess. Though treating "the Vinland Saga" as 48 episodes kind of has me worried for it's future after that. Iceland makes sense as an ending point to them too, but obviously that's not the end of the story, it's looking like that will only be the halfway point.

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The panel in chapter 99 of Arneid's grave and we see Thorfinn's boat in the distance is the perfect ending for Season 2.

I think arriving in Iceland should be saved for Season 3.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Btw Skip to Loafer is an excellent slice of life that will receive soon an anime adaptation ( it s published in the same mag.)

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Nice nice! Was little worried this would become another Vagabond case. I hope he takes his time, so he can deliver the ending he is happy with. I mean, I presume we are very close to series finale. And I really want to see the ending.

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Nice nice! Was little worried this would become another Vagabond case. I hope he takes his time, so he can deliver the ending he is happy with. I mean, I presume we are very close to series finale. And I really want to see the ending.
I mean, the narrative direction is basically vagabond so you’re not far off.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Still catching up after letting chapters stack for a while and

o
m
f
g

It's been a long time since I was as frustrated at a character as I am at Ivar.

The worst part is, his core ideology is pretty understandable, but it's just the way he's written... I want terrible things to happen to him everytime he's on screen, and that makes me a hypocrite since I'm on Thorfinn's side. :bored

Oh, I just read a couple more and now I'm even more mad at the helmet-eye dude, I hated him from the start but now... oh boy.

I'm glad I could read most of this arc in a binge, the way this conflict has been slowly built up in the background of the peaceful settlement has been so low-key but suspenseful that now that it's starting to pay off it's really effective. I wonder if I would've liked the slow pace as much if I read it monthly..

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
any site recommendation to read it?