Discussion - Unpopular Opinions | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Unpopular Opinions

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I was so happy when laxus defeated Erza. One of the moment that makes me happy. Before the sequel I use to think gray was stronger than laxus and gildarts. I think it'll be nice if people stop hating on jellal, tbh jellal was right that Simon threw his life for a girl that never Loved him. I never really hate any arc when I was watching fT (as long as I see natsu everything is good) but labyrinth arc is the first Arc I'm actually like the fuck is going on here. Kagura or kaguya(I'm not sure what her name is) she's overhyped. I don't think there should be many deaths in fT, tbh I didn't want gajeel and juvia to die I was happy when they came back. I ship natsu and misaki, suzaku and selene. I don't think Wendy should get a love interest. If George is a sexual assaulter so is selene and Makarov and laxus and cana and elfseria. Lucy s a better guild master than anybody else in the guild. She's very similar to Mavis

Ratrace

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I enjoy when mashima crushes people's dreams and theories it's always good to see. Mashima is a good story teller but he's disastrous when writing a fight. Mashima can legit retcon an event of an arc just to make a character (Erza) look cool
Problem is Mashima can write a good fight if he wants to but it just seems like he doesn’t now days.

Last edited:

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
Suzaku is not stronger than human Selene, and he's not a tier stronger than the BDSK
Gray & Gajeel were much stronger during Alvarez than currently

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Simon's death has nothing to do with jellal. He was simping for a girl who didn't even love him. I hate milliana cuz she tried to coerce Erza to leave jellal and be in a relationship with her. Everyone knows that Erza has a huge crush on jellal I don't know why this two characters couldn't understand this. Erza doesn't owe shit to Simon, he died like trash and milliana should have followed him
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The reason nalu isn't progressing is because of Lucy. Can't she like just tell natsu what's up. Natsu deserves a harem
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Suzaku was a good character until he associated with selene. He can still redeem himself in my eyes if he proves he's the strongest Diabolos guild member.

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
The way Hiro writes makes it where some feats and hypes don’t matter

Last edited:

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I don't care about frosch tbh. I've never given a fuck about him.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
What... Imagine not caring about Frosch
:guns :guns :guns:pwnge:pwnge I never cared about him. He looks like a frog. as you all know I care very little for the side characters in fairy tail especially if you look at my discussions

Rigel

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Sting is a suitable love rival for Lucy to contend with. :teehee :cheez

Unlike Lisanna and the rest. :hmph

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu doesn't need to be the strongest for the series to work. In fact the opposite has been true for the entire original series and continues to be the case now. Part of the appeal of FT(over something like Naruto) is there are many characters aside from the main character that are competent enough to get the job done and it keeps a big portion of the main cast feeling relevant in some way. And the appeal of watching Natsu take on the big bad every arc is that despite not being the absolute strongest one there, he's the one that represents FT's values the most which is why they all trust him to take on these enemies. It seems that once we got to the guild fighting what is supposed to be the strongest enemies in the series, everyone's perception of Natsu's abilities changed. But really the dynamic of Natsu being the one to take down Zeref or finish Acnologia or even take down the dragon gods, isn't any different than Natsu being the one to take down Zero or future rogue, or Jellal. He wasn't the strongest one in those arcs and Mashima understood that (as that's how he intended it to be). So he employed tactics to allow Natsu to do battle and win against the strongest enemies without being the strongest himself. Those come in the form of temporary powerups to Natsu or weakening the enemies (or both). Those tactics continue on even in the current story which is why we see a nerf or a powerup every arc. And that's not really a bad thing as it prevents the manga from becoming the Natsu show while still giving him that main character spotlight. I don't know how Mashima intends to portray Ignia vs Natsu, but that's still far down the line (especially if Ignia's plan is what I think it is). I think it's alright for the power dynamics to remain as they always have for now since there's so much to do before the duel with Ignia which I assume will be near the end of the sequel.

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
But really the dynamic of Natsu being the one to take down Zeref or finish Acnologia or even take down the dragon gods, isn't any different than Natsu being the one to take down Zero or future rogue, or Jellal.
Wut.
Natsu absolute was the strongest in those arcs, it's quite undebatable.

There was pretty much zero strategies involved in all three of these fights. In all three of these fights, Natsu simply closed the gap with the main villain through straight forward powerups, and got the last small push needed to surpass the villain through PoF.

Zero and Jellal completely destroyed him in no diff until Natsu got dragon force, which puts him as the undisputed strongest main character.

Against future Rouge, he literally got one shot in LFD mode while being in full on PoF. The reason he could compete was because he got MASSIVE boost from eating Atlas Flames' hellflames. Natsu not only needed a massive powerup in that battle, but also got infinite stamina through constant supply of fire from AF.

The only arc where Natsu took on the main villain while not being the strongest "good guy" was in Fantasia Festival arc.
That arc involved strategy, was a 2v1, and involved Laxus throwing the fight a bit due to wasting tons of MP on Fairy Law which did nothing.

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wut.
Natsu absolute was the strongest in those arcs, it's quite undebatable.

There was pretty much zero strategies involved in all three of these fights. In all three of these fights, Natsu simply closed the gap with the main villain through straight forward powerups, and got the last small push needed to surpass the villain through PoF.

Zero and Jellal completely destroyed him in no diff until Natsu got dragon force, which puts him as the undisputed strongest main character.

Against future Rouge, he literally got one shot in LFD mode while being in full on PoF. The reason he could compete was because he got MASSIVE boost from eating Atlas Flames' hellflames. Natsu not only needed a massive powerup in that battle, but also got infinite stamina through constant supply of fire from AF.

The only arc where Natsu took on the main villain while not being the strongest "good guy" was in Fantasia Festival arc.
That arc involved strategy, was a 2v1, and involved Laxus throwing the fight a bit due to wasting tons of MP on Fairy Law which did nothing.
I think you're heavily misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm saying that Natsu needed a powerup to face the big bad because he's not the strongest without them. For example with Zero, Erza was there in that arc and was stronger than Natsu. And Jellal was the source of Natsu's powerup in that fight. Yet the solution wasn't for either of those characters to face Zero or for them to get a powerup and beat him. Same reason the scenario was setup for Natsu to get a powerup with etherion and for Jellal to be injured by Erza prior so that Natsu could get the final blow in. Gray was just as strong as Natsu in that arc and Erza was stronger, yet the author didn't have one of them finish off Jellal. Same thing with future rogue. Erza and Laxus were stronger than Natsu in that arc, but instead of healing them up and having them beat future Rogue, He has Natsu come in and get a powerup through atlas flame.

This happens over and over again where Natsu is the one to take out the big bad (except Galuna island and Tartaros) through a powerup or a nerf to the enemy. He's not the strongest or the only one that can do the job, but thematically he represents fairy tails' values the most so he's the one that gets put in those positions (plus he's the main character). Mashima recognizes this which is why he always finds a way to close the gap for Natsu. In the current story, people are finding it weird that Natsu's opponents are always getting nerfed and they think he should be rapidly getting stronger than everyone else. I'm just pointing out that this is how the story always worked. by the way I never mentioned "strategies". When I said tactics, I was talking about the things Mashima does to close the gap between Natsu and his enemies (nerfs and powerups). The entire thing is from a writing perspective, sorry if that was confusing.

Also be for real. A 2-3x power boost made him the "absolute strongest" in TOH and Oracion Seis arcs?

Last edited:

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I think you're heavily misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm saying that Natsu needed a powerup to face the big bad because he's not the strongest without them. For example with Zero, Erza was there in that arc and was stronger than Natsu. And Jellal was the source of Natsu's powerup in that fight. Yet the solution wasn't for either of those characters to face Zero or for them to get a powerup and beat him. Same reason the scenario was setup for Natsu to get a powerup with etherion and for Jellal to be injured by Erza prior so that Natsu could get the final blow in. Gray was just as strong as Natsu in that arc and Erza was stronger, yet the author didn't have one of them finish off Jellal. Same thing with future rogue. Erza and Laxus were stronger than Natsu in that arc, but instead of healing them up and having them beat future Rogue, He has Natsu come in and get a powerup through atlas flame.

This happens over and over again where Natsu is the one to take out the big bad (except Galuna island and Tartaros) through a powerup or a nerf to the enemy. He's not the strongest or the only one that can do the job, but thematically he represents fairy tails' values the most so he's the one that gets put in those positions (plus he's the main character). Mashima recognizes this which is why he always finds a way to close the gap for Natsu. In the current story, people are finding it weird that Natsu's opponents are always getting nerfed and they think he should be rapidly getting stronger than everyone else. I'm just pointing out that this is how the story always worked. by the way I never mentioned "strategies". When I said tactics, I was talking about the things Mashima does to close the gap between Natsu and his enemies (nerfs and powerups). The entire thing is from a writing perspective, sorry if that was confusing.

Also be for real. A 2-3x power boost made him the "absolute strongest" in TOH and Oracion Seis arcs?
Yeah I want to see how you'll react if natsu 1v1 a god dragon. Maybe you'll find another way to twist everything. I also want to see how you'll react when every member of team natsu fights decent character and gray gets shafted. Lol strategies. Like zeref was nerfed or zero was nerfed. Why would ignia want to fight natsu if he wasn't the strongest? Sure on a normal day there's people stronger than him. But natsu has the potential to surpass Erza, laxus we've been told this many times.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

One moment you say statement>feats, but the moment the statement doesn't fit your argument you change

Last edited:

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India

Ok, sure.
I agree that he wasn't the strongest until Alverez arc, he needed powerups to compete with the villains.

Yes, 2-3x power boost does make him the absolute strongest "protagonist" in ToH and OS arc.
In ToH, he was as strong as Jellal. In OS arc, he was almost as strong as Zero (without PoF).

But by Alverez arc, Natsu could willingly use Dragon Force as his trump card, meaning there should really be no debate from this point onwards. Not only has the gap between base Natsu and the "strong" good guys reduce, he also improved his DF (more scales) and is able to use it willingly.
He also got a new mode, FDKM, which allows him to compete with Laxus, Jellal and Erza (not necessarily above.....just compete). From there on, it became:
DF Natsu >>> Gildarts > Laxus/Jellal > FDKM Natsu/Erza > rest

Currently though, he gained an upgrade to FDKM, that allows him to access fire dragon king scales, which is basically his DF durability. This makes him the most durable FT member BY FAR, like nobody can compete with his raw durability currently. While other stats remain the same, for his FDKM.
His DF further improved since Alverez, allowing him to use not only his own fire element, but also generate fire of same quality of Igneel/Ignia/Atlas-Flames.
So right now, it is:
DF Natsu >>>> Gildarts > FDKM Natsu > Laxus/Jellal > Erza > rest

Current DF Natsu can really solo the entire guild.
Go to his DF, use a high end attack spanning several cities AOE (similar to the one he used to finish Aldoron). And that's it, every FT member get vap'd right there.
DF Natsu is so strong that his attack vap'd the entire body of FH Zeref, as well as created a hole on dragon Aldoron's body

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
DF Natsu >>>> Gildarts > FDKM Natsu > Laxus/Jellal > Erza > rest
This is interesting, 🤔 tbh I don't really agree but this isn't power scaling thread