Travel - Travel Abroad & Tour Guide | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Travel Travel Abroad & Tour Guide

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Re: The Abroad Thread

Yea, I'm from northern Europe but I could easily visit all of the European countries cheap. Travelling is the only thing I've planned to do when I get older. I'm never going to become stuck somewhere, I'm always going to travel. Travel within your work would be awesome.

Never been to Paris or Rome either but I'm not planning to visit any of them soon. I'm planning on going to Hungary again this summer and then we'll see. Probably Germany to stock up on alcohol and stuff and most likely visiting Münich this autumn to see Bayern play... Bundesliga is a great league after all. :-)

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Yea, I'm from northern Europe but I could easily visit all of the European countries cheap. Travelling is the only thing I've planned to do when I get older. I'm never going to become stuck somewhere, I'm always going to travel. Travel within your work would be awesome.

Never been to Paris or Rome either but I'm not planning to visit any of them soon. I'm planning on going to Hungary again this summer and then we'll see. Probably Germany to stock up on alcohol and stuff and most likely visiting Münich this autumn to see Bayern play... Bundesliga is a great league after all. :-)
I respectfully disagree, English Premier League RULES!!!

But yeah, being in the UK means I can sorta travel around Europe quite easily, though I haven't really taken advantage of it yet. I'm planning a really big few months trip around Europe sometime next year.

But my dream is to reach Japan and live there...

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

You know, if you're ever passing by Sweden...
What countries are you planning to visit?

Oh, and Premier League is an awesome league but I really like Bundesliga because it's never one or two teams that are way superior and throughout the league they're playing really entertaining football.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Yeah, I'm planning on passing by Sweden, I hear the chicks are awesome over there, true stories or myth???

I don't kno exatcly what countries I'm gonna do, It'll probably end up beinga backpacking travel of a few days in each place like I did with brother in Poland. So I'll look for hostels or people to put me up. Hopefully I'll get to meet a few MHers along the way too. I need to plan a logical journey.

What about you Blai, outside Europe, where would you like to go??

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

No myth. You can easily hook up with multiple chicks. On a good day close to 20. They're hot and easy.

Nice, pass Scandinavia first and then hit south through Denmark to Germany. And don't miss Hungary, it's an awesome country!

Outside of South Africa I'm not sure. I'd like to visit Peru, Philippines, Seychelles, Malaysia, Australia, Bahamas and then I'm pretty sure I'll live in NJ (USA) for a while after bachelor... we'll see. Travelling is expensive.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Yeah that's why I'm taking my time to save up, because I wanna do this properly. A friend of mine told me they have a family home in Bahamas should I ever wanna go up there :), so that's also a future destination. Like you said, I'd love a job that would allow me to travel around the world; that would be a dream.

On a more curious note, I heard Hungary(particularly Budapest) is a bit dangerous for people of colour, so that kinda worried me after I heard someone tell a story about an incident they witnessed. I know there's problems like that everywhere you go but, I just wanted to be aware.

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Yeah, a job that involved travelling would indeed be a dream.

I'm not so sure about Budapest, I'm always spending my time either in Balaton or Szeged and there aren't that many coloured people there and the only sign of racism (if we're going to talk about that) is against gypsies. The nationalistic paramilitary movement (Magyar Garda) is getting really big and has got quite the support so I don't think it's really... safe, but neither dangerous. If you'll visit Budapest I have to warn you from "pest" which is the poorer part of the capital.
Personally I don't think it's that dangerous for people of colour, however, gypsies should really try to avoid visiting Hungary for safety reasons...

If you visit Balaton, I can almost guarantee you 100% safety. Really friendly humanistic, liberal people who just wants to enjoy life. :-)

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

Balaton is one of the most popular holiday destinations in whole east Europe. The people got to be liberal, since they're living from tourism. However I heard they're not nice to Russians, so I'd avaid speaking Russian at the check-in or something :d

I've been once in Munich, this city is just awesome. I'd love to live there, if only the people wouldn't speak that horrible bavarian dialect. I'm considering to go to Munich this autumn as well and get wasted at Oktoberfest (world's biggest folk festival). That would be awesome :nod

blai

Corporate
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Dude, since -56, I doubt any Hungarian likes Russians.. but yes, Balaton is one of the best places in eastern Europe. Going to our house there for some weeks this summer, can't wait. <333

1. Oktoberfest is something I would LOVE to go to.
2. Claim Bavaria as an independent nation o/
3. Münich seems awesome... were you old enough to enjoy nightlife?

Last edited by a moderator:

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

No matter what happend in the past, hating people for their nationality is just wrong..

No I wasn't, if I'm not mistaken I was 15 when I was in München. To go clubbing in there is quite expensive though, since it's like one of the most prestigious cities over here. And getting drunk at Oktoberfest would cost a lot of money as well, but if I ever make it to Munich at that season I probably wouldn't really care, cuz it's deff. on my what-I-totally-wanna-do-before-I-die list :D

Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

So Balaton it is then!!! If I'm ever going Hungary I'll swing by there. I have a cousin that lives in Bochum in Germany but I've never been there. He tells me he spends most of his time in Munic anyways lol. Now I just need to figure out any other countries I'll be hitting and work out my backpacking route...

Moogle Mango

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I am heading to St. John's in the Caribbean and then to Oregon a week after. Travel is the best thing in life, beside sex and manga... :D

I usually travel domestic and the next being international traveling. Last May I went to Italy, this year it is Oregon. So next year will be Spain or back to Italy.

For me, I find making a tentative list of what I want to see and do in a certain place is better than being anal with my travels. As I know that when I am actually out there, 9 out of 10 I will probably go off the beaten path and do something that I totally did not plan on doing. So I would suggest to fellow travelers to get an idea of what you want to see, and then take it from there.

p1xel

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Re: Which COUNTRY that you LOVE to go and WHY??

Japan,of course.
It`s heaven for players and manga readers.
Japan is special,the whole culture is amazing.I`d love to go there...
Maybe someday.

soDeq05

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Malaysia

Beautiful nature, nice and honest people, tasty food too :)

Thats according to a lot of people I know, who went there for tourism.
Really? :amuse
That's nice. Hope to see you when you come here :)

sindergi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan

Japan - i study the language and culture at the university so its almost a given that i have to go there someday...and im really looking forward to it.

Isogi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'd like to visit Turkey (read: Istanbul) for the history and the beautiful architecture.
I also have a mild fascination with Latin America and would like to visit one of the numerous countries, preferably Chile or Costa Rica. It's a mix of interest in the modern day forms of cultures that have been around since before Columbus along with the overall cultures and interest in Spanish colonial architecture (and at least in Chile's case, Inca architecture as well).

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

I find the USA a pretty interesting country and I would like to live in there. I've been there once and liked a lot.

AbyssalShine

Reaction score
Country
United States

Japan, Japan, Japan!!! Definitely going there some day... love everything about it...
Also, not a country but, I really want to go to California. I've been there before, but never on my own so I could do what I want. I want to see all the stars that I admire (especially Marie Digby from LA)..

MaxDavid

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Japan! I wold love to work and live there but... the living standard is really high.

Another country is Italy. I really like the design of its buildings.

TheMoa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

As a basketball fan, i would like to visit the USA to watch a NBA Playoff and a NCAA march madness game at least once.
I'd also like to visit China and Japan for cultural purposes.
Swiss alps look cool too, one trip there would be fun.
And more importantly, i want to know my country(it's a huge country) better, but i lack the financial resources.