Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 623 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 623 Spoilers & Discussion

paulbee

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Bam used the power of the second thorn here, it was not on the submarine, It was from the Navigator's crossroads teleportation place. Apparently the device was saboutaged by Rachel and was gonna send Bam, Endorsi, and some others to some bogus location. Bam used the Thorn to redirect their destination to the sprout.

Reactions: fly

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I would maintain it's pretty unlikely bam has used any piece of the thorn with any significant competence. He is probably barely able to use it with the power he has. Most of the times when he uses two thorns so far it's pretty much when he is hoping for miracles. All in all it's pretty unlikely bam can be said to have better mastery over the second thorn than the first when he has used the second intentionally about 3 or 4 times altogether. The second thorn does seem to be more broken than the first though.
The first one allows you superior Shinsoo control and he doesn't have a problem with that. It's very basic. A passive ability.

The second one is spatial manipulation which is a very powerful ability and versatile. There is more to it than teleportation, but teleportation itself is extremely rare among High Rankers(confirmed by Yasratcha). Baam definitely doesn't master it, but the annoying thing is that it's still not part of his body.

Interesting that this chapter didn't have as many people talking as the previous ones. I guess it doesn't have flare to it?

Yeah. To be frank, besides the internet/story rule to only consider a character dead if it explicitly said so makes Khun immune to any trick to it. Hell, making Rak or any other character would have way more impact, since everyone is getting into danger from associating with Bam.
It's a good chapter but it's not particularly interesting. Enkidu meets Traumerei and Baam is ready to fight Dumas to the death, that's it.

B.Nixus3

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
A rare technique that all irregulars have, and bam is an irregular. So no. As I've said, If all it can do is teleport then it's wack. Hell, bam needs some line or bridge to connect with his target to even do that.
No, the irregulars can't just teleport ANYWHERE, at least, without tools of their own. They can't, for instance, teleport from the first to the 134th floor on their own power, and there are some locations within the tower not even Jahad can access, unless under certain conditions, such as floors with no admin. Admins are still king, and if they don't interfere, the battles themselves aren't enough for them to bat an eyelid. They cannot access the climbing portion of the tower, the hell train, and a number of other places. Bam has been traveling well outside the standard parts of these floors since the floor of tests, though not on his own since the hidden floor. FH are absolute to almost all of the tower, but there are still anomalies outside irregulars themselves, & irregulars are NOT equal to each other. Jahad could kill all of his former friends (as he did on the hidden floor, except the one too fast to catch) if not for the admin contracts, and with the exception of Enryu & Phantaminum, the admins are still the hidden enforcers of the tower's laws & order, even if some of those laws were "created" by Jahad & the FH.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The first one allows you superior Shinsoo control and he doesn't have a problem with that. It's very basic. A passive ability.

The second one is spatial manipulation which is a very powerful ability and versatile. There is more to it than teleportation, but teleportation itself is extremely rare among High Rankers(confirmed by Yasratcha). Baam definitely doesn't master it, but the annoying thing is that it's still not part of his body.
I don't think it can truly be "part" of his body because the thorn itself is still incomplete. I'm sure that when combined, it'll have synergetic effects, "together being better than all parts separate, etc." but we'll have to wait and see

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think it can truly be "part" of his body because the thorn itself is still incomplete. I'm sure that when combined, it'll have synergetic effects, "together being better than all parts separate, etc." but we'll have to wait and see
No, it can. It happened when he was fighting Data Zahard. SIU doesn't forget, against Data Zahard he made Baam pull all the stops because anything less would lessen Zahard's hype.

That's a characteristic of Living Ignition Weapons. See how Casano and Horyang use theirs.

paulbee

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
No, the irregulars can't just teleport ANYWHERE, at least, without tools of their own. They can't, for instance, teleport from the first to the 134th floor on their own power, and there are some locations within the tower not even Jahad can access, unless under certain conditions, such as floors with no admin. Admins are still king, and if they don't interfere, the battles themselves aren't enough for them to bat an eyelid. They cannot access the climbing portion of the tower, the hell train, and a number of other places. Bam has been traveling well outside the standard parts of these floors since the floor of tests, though not on his own since the hidden floor. FH are absolute to almost all of the tower, but there are still anomalies outside irregulars themselves, & irregulars are NOT equal to each other. Jahad could kill all of his former friends (as he did on the hidden floor, except the one too fast to catch) if not for the admin contracts, and with the exception of Enryu & Phantaminum, the admins are still the hidden enforcers of the tower's laws & order, even if some of those laws were "created" by Jahad & the FH.
I don't know for sure, but didn't Urek do that on the FOD?

Bigrong49

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
He doesn't know some of these characters or doesn't really care about them. I don't think wanting revenge is wrong. But the thing is that we readers know that A.A. will be fine and it's not the first time we see this scenario. It's not dramatic in any way. The other thing is that it feels pointless considering what is happening at this moment.
I feel like you’re very consistent on terms of stakes that will prompt Baam’s growth and show flashes of his full potential.

Are your parameters for a high-stakes situation that high? Is the current fight with Dumas, AA and Rak mortality are such a forgone conclusion(based on prior ch with AA “life in the balance”) that its wont stimulate growth in Baam?

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I feel like you’re very consistent on terms of stakes that will prompt Baam’s growth and show flashes of his full potential.

Are your parameters for a high-stakes situation that high? Is the current fight with Dumas, AA and Rak mortality are such a forgone conclusion(based on prior ch with AA “life in the balance”) that its wont stimulate growth in Baam?
What do you mean? Baam shows something new in pretty much every battle which matters. Even if Baam defeats Dumas here, it's not very important in their current situation. Dumas has no more reason to harm Baam or any of his friends.

Bigrong49

Reaction score
Country
United States
What do you mean? Baam shows something new in pretty much every battle which matters. Even if Baam defeats Dumas here, it's not very important in their current situation. Dumas has no more reason to harm Baam or any of his friends.
I mean every time his “back is against the wall”, at least the last two or three times, your response suggests the situation isn’t as critical or high stakes as we think.

Although Dumas is handicapped by Gustang’s order, Bam is more concerned about the safety of his companions than usual. I’m interpreting from your initial response, Bam thinks the situation is dire but in reality we’ve seen this before and shortly we’ll see AA snd Rak back to normal.

While I do think they’ll come out alive, Dumas is a few steps above White and Bam will have to win without any outside help. So the stakes are high.

lanternpo

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I'll be honest. Seeing Onsly respond with that made me double guess myself
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I mean every time his “back is against the wall”, at least the last two or three times, your response suggests the situation isn’t as critical or high stakes as we think.

Although Dumas is handicapped by Gustang’s order, Bam is more concerned about the safety of his companions than usual. I’m interpreting from your initial response, Bam thinks the situation is dire but in reality we’ve seen this before and shortly we’ll see AA snd Rak back to normal.

While I do think they’ll come out alive, Dumas is a few steps above White and Bam will have to win without any outside help. So the stakes are high.
While I would agree with the idea, there are only so many times you can use the damsel in disterss (A.A) plot so many times before it kills OUR tension, not the characters. For Bam, this is as real as it gets, as the only other person who have brought him to the edge was white. And that was only after he heard him say he ate arkraptor and prince.

But for us, there is no tension. We know A.A will come back just as fine, especially when Dumas keeps emphasizing how his heart stopped. (Personally, I still think not double checking someone's death is stupid, but ok) So now we are at a weird place where the story tries to make us tense and nervous about aguero's fate, but we already know nothing's gonna happen.

Did I make sense?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

It's a good chapter but it's not particularly interesting. Enkidu meets Traumerei and Baam is ready to fight Dumas to the death, that's it.
The first thorn is very basic, that is true, but wasn't its enhancement also covering physical boosting? If i remember it increases shinsu control alongside a phis boost (If shinsoo boosting that Urek eliminiate his MAG for a STR build, The first fragment Enhances all stats at once). And the second thorn gives him more spatial control (currently forcibly altering a teleportation path to where he wants) and it also has a part where when he used it against the God of guardians, he said that space was bursting upon (hint that it could do more than just that).

The scary part about these is that not only did bam not use them to their full potential, but it's also that they are growth items. They would only get more broken the more he grows.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

This situation isn't even critical to Baam in-universe because of Gustang's orders. Rak is fine, but the emphasis on A.A.'s death does nothing to me. I am not interested in this because of stakes, what I want to see is how Baam compares to someone as strong as Dumas and possible Leviathan Mimesis.

White is to this day one of the best antagonists in the series and when he was hunting Baam during Yasratcha's game, there was definitely tension. It's not just about power level.

The first thorn is very basic, that is true, but wasn't its enhancement also covering physical boosting? If i remember it increases shinsu control alongside a phis boost (If shinsoo boosting that Urek eliminiate his MAG for a STR build, The first fragment Enhances all stats at once). And the second thorn gives him more spatial control (currently forcibly altering a teleportation path to where he wants) and it also has a part where when he used it against the God of guardians, he said that space was bursting upon (hint that it could do more than just that).

The scary part about these is that not only did bam not use them to their full potential, but it's also that they are growth items. They would only get more broken the more he grows.
All the fragments boosts his stats. I ignored this because I was talking about the specific abilities for the fragments.

lanternpo

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
This situation isn't even critical to Baam in-universe because of Gustang's orders. Rak is fine, but the emphasis on A.A.'s death does nothing to me. I am not interested in this because of stakes, what I want to see is how Baam compares to someone as strong as Dumas and possible Leviathan Mimesis.

White is to this day one of the best antagonists in the series and when he was hunting Baam during Yasratcha's game, there was definitely tension. It's not just about power level.

All the fragments boosts his stats. I ignored this because I was talking about the specific abilities for the fragments.
White had the highest stake not only because of how he purposefully hunted bam, but it was because how personal it was. You can tell that even Bam knew that if white found him he's cooked, and white used Bam's care for his friends, and how he knew he'll react if he heard he killed them, against him to force him into fighting. Dumas however is far too passive in this story to feel anything really. Hell, Kallavan and the ha jinsung raid was leagues above because you can feel shit is hitting the fan when bam tried to attack kallavan to get to his teacher.

We know A.A isn't gonna die (SIU isn't Gege) so the entire tension in this fight feels like the story is telling us to feel tense, rather than making it.

CountDookoe

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
White had the highest stake not only because of how he purposefully hunted bam, but it was because how personal it was. You can tell that even Bam knew that if white found him he's cooked, and white used Bam's care for his friends, and how he knew he'll react if he heard he killed them, against him to force him into fighting. Dumas however is far too passive in this story to feel anything really. Hell, Kallavan and the ha jinsung raid was leagues above because you can feel shit is hitting the fan when bam tried to attack kallavan to get to his teacher.

We know A.A isn't gonna die (SIU isn't Gege) so the entire tension in this fight feels like the story is telling us to feel tense, rather than making it.
It's true, and I hate it. Khun should have died many chapters ago or faded into the background and not climbed with Bam. It kills the suspension of disbelief. How many more times will the author ignore the world's rules to appease some underaged fans? So unfortunate.

lanternpo

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
It's true, and I hate it. Khun should have died many chapters ago or faded into the background and not climbed with Bam. It kills the suspension of disbelief. How many more times will the author ignore the world's rules to appease some underaged fans? So unfortunate.
Maybe it could work if he put other characters in danger, but by this point if they don't show khun explicitly dead then he's alive.

B.Nixus3

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
In regards to the mimesis, were you referring to the usage of Leviathan (because he currently uses/leaks as much of Leviathan's Shinsoo as he's able since taking it) or the physical manifestation of the being tied to his space, similar to the Thryssa? If it's the latter, I know Bam doesn't have the fortitude (Traumerei doesn't either) to get Leviathan to bend to his will, and as such, can't let him out (if it's still even possible).