Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 617 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 16 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 617 Spoilers & Discussion

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Enkido is definitely not an ancient. Headon appears to refer to him as a human of sorts. Odds are that enkido like other humans in the tower originates from the plant kingdom, of course enkido was from a point in history much closer to this. That said, this doesn't rule out enkido potentially having more than human in him considering the horns. This wouldn't be relevant to modern developments as it's clear that past events lead to most of his body being destroyed and in more recent times gustang incinerates all but an eye of it... at which point he jumps into goruro.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yeon lee rang? So SIU changed the name from hana? That's unexpected... I could have swore yeon hana was mentioned in story. This is one of those times I miss blog posts. Seems like such an arbitrary detail to change her name.

So... the setup seems to be that ameuz will throw in a curveball for traumerei... It doesn't seem like ameuz is an irregular at least.

Enkiduzz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Yeon lee rang? So SIU changed the name from hana? That's unexpected... I could have swore yeon hana was mentioned in story. This is one of those times I miss blog posts. Seems like such an arbitrary detail to change her name.

So... the setup seems to be that ameuz will throw in a curveball for traumerei... It doesn't seem like ameuz is an irregular at least.
Jahad called Ameuz a small creature different from them (13GW), so no, it's not irregular.

garter_snake

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
One of Arie Hon's bodyguards has black hair and two swords.

hmm...

Grace12025

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Yikes. If he was really rejected, then I can somewhat sympathise with Traum. Don't tell me it's gonna be like how Arlen/Zahard went off.

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like the Yeon FH was not hunting the Zigenya flower yet, probably became a nasty biatch after “this” incident!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Ignorant So I was wrong about Amez and Gustang!!! It’s Luslec LMFAO!!! I just noticed the BUTTERFLY PIN she has on her robe while having cookies and tea with Traum!!!
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Maybe Traum is the FH Sophia and Hwa Ryun were referring to that would come after Luslec!
Luslec is here to avenge his lover?!?

King Dryst

Reaction score
Country
Cobra
Looks like the Yeon FH was not hunting the Zigenya flower yet, probably became a nasty biatch after “this” incident!
If she was ever the one behind that to begin with. We don't know when that started, and most of the Family Heads could largely not care less what their descendants get up to in more modern times.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
If she was ever the one behind that to begin with. We don't know when that started, and most of the Family Heads could largely not care less what their descendants get up to in more modern times.
Lmao she’s rotten just like the rest of them!

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
IIRC from Yas’ fb the MS is near a FUG hideout

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
oh btw, regarding hana's name change. I have had this thought, in Korean numbering Hana means one, so she may have been using this pseudonym, as YEON HANA can be read as YEON THE MAIN, THE ONLY YEON or THE FIRST YEON
hmm, that's a neat detail. It's a bit awkward but I suppose it could fit into the lore. It sort of sounds like SIU left it as a place holder until she appeared in the story. I would have otherwise guessed hana was supposed to mean flower (I know it's japanese but I don't think it'd be the first time SIU used japanese in the story).

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wonder if Traum taught Amez how to tame her pigeons?!

The jokes on Traum here, he could have easily intercepted the messages. He was warned
--- Double Post Merged, ---

SIU sneaking in the butterfly pin was the biggest reveal here!

lemo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Great another consequential character who will get 5 seconds of time and never any proper resolution. Just what we need.

Justpassingbypassingby

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Great another consequential character who will get 5 seconds of time and never any proper resolution. Just what we need.
We? I don't know man, I think I am not part of your claim as "we", as the story still goes on I still don't know about the fate of what you claim as an "another consequential character who will get 5 seconds of time and never any proper resolution" will it become what you claim or not, so put it on yourself if you think like that man, "we" is too large to claim as I am not thinking like you.

Last edited:

big094

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
“Traumerei, its been a long time, since we spoke like this. You’ve always been this way. What are you so afraid of? You’re so good at controlling other animals. And yet you hesitate to seize what you really want with your own hands. You’re a coward. But remember this Traumerei. If you don’t grab hold of what really matters to you. It’ll be taken from you again. If you make another foolish choice this time as well. I’ll burn everything you have to the ground”

They really cucked this dude :(

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I found YHS's ancestor!! :XD

Great chapter.

A lot of things to think about.

The narration says that Ameuz fell for Traumerei, so we should take it as a fact, shouldn't we? It's not like she doesn't love him, but she thinks he doesn't? She even asked him that. She is happy to meet her old companions and misses the thrill of adventures while she spends her time here, communicating with someone and everyone is aware of it. Could be like the Adventurer Zahard-King Zahard conflict that Eduan wasn't satisfied with. Ameuz wants to keep climbing, but Traumerei is Zahard's biggest supporter and he doesn't like when people try to escape his control. Because he cares so much more her he treats her like a pet or precious item while he is spending a lot more quality time with Enkidu. At least that's what it looks like from this chapter. So it could be that she slowly fell out of love for him because he changed after deciding to stop climbing and/or that he doesn't treat her good enough.

I don't understand why people are so wary of Enkidu. He is behaving like the perfect loyal companion in this chapter, despite his jealousy. For a reader, the fact that Headon is the one who suggested him to do that and his months of absence are elements we can use to find him dangerous but he's very loyal despite his jealousy. Enkidu could be the one that Kirin was talking about when he was talking about his daddy issues. Traumerei taught him everything, from manners to combat, like a real father. He is technically his first son. The monster is even called Lo Po Bia Enkidu, so he might even have fathered a branch.

The apperacne and face reveals of the 3 FHs is of course great. Like someone else said, the short moment between Hon and Eduan reminded me of the Zoro and Sanji dynamic. I had also noticed Hon's lack of sword in the RAW and thought that maybe he could summon it or had it in a pocket(were they even a thing back then), but he really didn't bring it. It kinda breaks the idea of "warrior ready for anything" that I had of him. It could mean that he finds his two attendants extremely competent.

Hana Lee Rang does look great and her lines also break the impression I had of her. She seems rather cheerful and ladylike, I was expecting a cold man hater. But these are all first impressions.

My guess is that Ameuz is communicating with someone who is a V and Arlen supporter, perhaps Icarus, who she could be related to?(Doesn't matter though). The other most likely option is obviously a lover.

Everyone is here so it means he didn't invite Zahard, I guess because Zahard told him to ditch Ameuz? It also means that he was perhaps not that close to Bloomadder back then or the latter refused his invitation.

Last edited:

big094

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
One thing I will say. Traumerei’s heart clearly isnt into this either. Ameuz is anything but his type emotionally. Factoring his statement that Jahad said ameuz is different from them, but his desire (or possible order to breed from Jahad) make this seem like it was to be a relationship of convenience, which fits in with his apathy. This should have been a position of strength, but as we have seen with his treatment of Bam (had him on his mothership and still let him go) Traumerei really has no backbone, thats why he has been manipulated and abused. I feel sorry for him, but he really is true to form.

I also still think, that Enkidu will kill someone else important to them and not Ameuz. Im not sure how Icarus will get introduced into this, but thinking about next week and hopefully more flashback chapters is exciting