Shounen - Tokiwa Kitareri!! by Matsuena Syun | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Tokiwa Kitareri!! by Matsuena Syun

smurf777

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tokiwa Kitareri!!

Genre: Action, Martial Arts, Comedy, Sci-fi, Supernatural, Ecchi, School Life
Mangaka: Matsuena Syun
Serialized In: Shounen Sunday
Publisher: Shogakukan
Year: 2014

The continuing of the three one shots by Matsuena Syun

Kanata :
http://readms.com/r/one_shot/First One Shot by Syun Matsuena/2613/1

Haruka :
http://mangapark.me/manga/haruka-matsuena-syun/s1/c0

DEM III :
http://readms.com/r/one_shot/Third One Shot by Syun Matsuena/2830/1

Yasaka Tokiwa lives in an unusual time, and according to his dreams, it's about to become even stranger. He's been having a dream of a woman called Ri'in ever since the robot, who he calls Makina, came to his home. He and Makina attend the same school, where their other classmates include a secret ninja (Kusanagi Kanata) and a sorcerer (Yata Haruka). When Tokiwa, the robot, the ninja, and the sorcerer rush to rescue the student council president (Yaegaki Meguru) Kanata's next door neighbor and childhood friend from a demon, the boys find that they've all been having the same dream!

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Tokiwa Kitareri!! by Matsuena Syun - UPDATES

Ahh, I didn't realize all 3 one shots were turning into a single manga. Interesting, the feel is sort of like if the manga is meant to have 3 main characters who are equally relevant. There are mangas with multiple main characters although it is rare that there wouldn't be one that stands out among the rest. Hopefully they remain that way instead of focusing on tokiwa... Anyways, the manga seems fun so far, I look forward to seeing how it develops.

smurf777

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Tokiwa Kitareri!! by Matsuena Syun - UPDATES

Ahh, I didn't realize all 3 one shots were turning into a single manga. Interesting, the feel is sort of like if the manga is meant to have 3 main characters who are equally relevant. There are mangas with multiple main characters although it is rare that there wouldn't be one that stands out among the rest. Hopefully they remain that way instead of focusing on tokiwa... Anyways, the manga seems fun so far, I look forward to seeing how it develops.
well... Matsuena Syun has a thing for developing weaklings , but i don't think that would be the case here , i think he's going with tokiwa as the brain :nerd, and the power ups will be left to kanata and haruka....O0
by the way, chapter 11 (RAW) is out and it seems we'll be seeing master class martial artists... :zomg

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It'd be weird to have tokiwa not do anything though. Maybe he won't develop normally but perhaps he will be somehow linked to the robot in the future? As in combined attacks or powering it up through magic or his own ki or something...

I wonder if this manga takes place in the same world as kenichi... It would be a fun development although a shame that kenichi wouldn't have a role to play. Still, it'd be fun to see martial artists again. Man, I just remembered how unsatisfying the ending to kenichi was...

smurf777

Reaction score
Country
United States
It'd be weird to have tokiwa not do anything though. Maybe he won't develop normally but perhaps he will be somehow linked to the robot in the future? As in combined attacks or powering it up through magic or his own ki or something...

I wonder if this manga takes place in the same world as kenichi... It would be a fun development although a shame that kenichi wouldn't have a role to play. Still, it'd be fun to see martial artists again. Man, I just remembered how unsatisfying the ending to kenichi was...
yup it's in the same place and time as kenichi , and they're the same age as kenichi ...here see the boy that's getting bullied behind tokiwa :
http://raw.senmanga.com/Tokiwa-Kitareri!!/06/9

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ahhh, that is interesting. Maybe it is meant more like an easter egg rather than taking place in the same world though. It wouldn't make sense that kenichi somehow avoided magical events up to this point. And if that is the case then at least the final events of the kenichi manga should have an effect in this manga considering world war 3 almost happened.

smurf777

Reaction score
Country
United States
Haruka Translated is out ....check the link in the first post

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So... no more chapters?

smurf777

Reaction score
Country
United States
So... no more chapters?
they're currently working on the last of the one shot's " DEM III " it's taking time because they need a cleaner ...the other two are translated check the links in the first post.
as for chapter 12 raw, MATSUENA Shun is on a break after finishing the first volume .

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, chapter 12 was the first chapter to catch my interest in a while. The manga has potential but its like it has yet to do anything with it.. hopefully it will pick up soon. Characters are a tad plain but that is mostly because there is nothing concrete for them to strive for yet...

smurf777

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, chapter 12 was the first chapter to catch my interest in a while. The manga has potential but its like it has yet to do anything with it.. hopefully it will pick up soon. Characters are a tad plain but that is mostly because there is nothing concrete for them to strive for yet...
see the new raw's ...it's starting to look good :zomg

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Wow, I didn't expect miu to actually show up here... kinda...

kengai

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Is anyone still following the raws? I was looking for a place to talk about Tokiwa and was hoping to find someoone here, because there are quite a few users who can read Japanese.

Btw isn't chapter 30.5 the "latest" translated chapter?

smurf777

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is anyone still following the raws? I was looking for a place to talk about Tokiwa and was hoping to find someoone here, because there are quite a few users who can read Japanese.

Btw isn't chapter 30.5 the "latest" translated chapter?
well if you remember Kenichi there was a span of over a 100 chapters before translating groups started translating it .... as for this new manga there's a hesitation in adopting it because the story is developing way to fast there's no arcs it's like a one arc story , and it feels as if Matsuena Syun is regreting starting this manga after all kenchi's ending was way to disappointing he left a lot of an answered questions .... he should have made another two arc's at least and started a new manga about kenchi after becoming a master , Tokiwa Kitareri's really not up to the expected level if he doesn't improve it might end at the end of this year if not before and no translating groups wants to spend their resources and time on that...

kengai

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
well if you remember Kenichi there was a span of over a 100 chapters before translating groups started translating it .... as for this new manga there's a hesitation in adopting it because the story is developing way to fast there's no arcs it's like a one arc story , and it feels as if Matsuena Syun is regreting starting this manga after all kenchi's ending was way to disappointing he left a lot of an answered questions .... he should have made another two arc's at least and started a new manga about kenchi after becoming a master , Tokiwa Kitareri's really not up to the expected level if he doesn't improve it might end at the end of this year if not before and no translating groups wants to spend their resources and time on that...
Actually I haven really followed Kenichi's Edited Manga. I got into it when the anime aired and the started buying the manga in Japanese. But it's interesting to hear that there was a time when nobody was translating Kenichi.
And I agree with you about Tokiwa, it progresses pretty fast with lots of hints here and there, but I can't really put the pieces together. We've already seen the final enemies (at least I think so) and have a vague idea what the different antagonist groups aim for. I think everything might end in a battle royale and finish in about 10 volumes. I have to say I was a bit disappointed by the "big fight" in the last chapters. Sometimes it felt like "how many shonen manga cliches can I fit into a single chapter?"
The author probably wants to get this over with so he can go back to Kenichi and start a sequel or something.

smurf777

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually I haven really followed Kenichi's Edited Manga. I got into it when the anime aired and the started buying the manga in Japanese. But it's interesting to hear that there was a time when nobody was translating Kenichi.
And I agree with you about Tokiwa, it progresses pretty fast with lots of hints here and there, but I can't really put the pieces together. We've already seen the final enemies (at least I think so) and have a vague idea what the different antagonist groups aim for. I think everything might end in a battle royale and finish in about 10 volumes. I have to say I was a bit disappointed by the "big fight" in the last chapters. Sometimes it felt like "how many shonen manga cliches can I fit into a single chapter?"
The author probably wants to get this over with so he can go back to Kenichi and start a sequel or something.
yup you're right , in the last page of the last chapter he showed a grown up Kenichi that said " I had countless adventures still to come , but that's a story for another time " .... meaning he might return to it .
In Tokiwa Kitarerei he made a huge mistake and that's adding Sci-fi to the mix ... I mean Martial art and Magic go well together and Martial arts and Sci-fi also go well together but Magic and Sci-fi that never went well in any manga they're like oil and water never mix together , the very reality of those two subjects is different
:nowant

SlyCooperKing

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Man, it's been a lot of google searching to get here. Anybody have any thoughts on the supposed Kichijōji Shōnen! was being worked on in this link. https://kenichi.fandom.com/wiki/Syun_Matsuena#cite_ref-2 I think I found some raws. Though I'm excited to see the next installment of kenichi I'm trying to get into the Kima wa 008 manga. Does anybody have some good kenichi alternatives.