Theory - Theory regarding Musica | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Theory regarding Musica

Nozdormu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
So hear me out. In chapter discussion 125 Discussion/126 Predictions I already stated that I believe Musica to have been human at some point.

In chapter 46 it is clearly stated that both Musica as well as Sung-Joo don't eat humans. However in chapter 51 Sung-Joo states he only wants to eat humans that live freely, which implies he has eaten humans in the past, but didn't have to eat human meat for quite some time and won't until he can eat truly wild human meat once more.

Additionally Musica's appearance is humanoid. More so then any other demon that has been encountered before. It is unlikely that this can be considered normal. All the humanoid demons we have seen so far, including Sung-Joo, are different in posture and size then say Musica.

It is therefore possible that she at some point used to be human and was part of a different promise. Rather then sustaining demons by feeding them human meat, it might be possible to undergo some kind of blood ritual that makes a human a demon. These new demons would then be able to keep other demons humanoid using their blood. Why blood? Well Norman already mentions that the clan Musica supposedly is a part of is called "The Evil Blood Maiden Clan" in chapter 126. This implies that the secret to her being different lies in her blood. It would also explain why Sung-Joo is humanoid eventho he doesn't eat humans. It is her blood that keeps him and him alone humanoid.

Now if Emma and Ray end up becoming demons themselves, then they would have to fight some of their former allies and some of their former enemies can become their friends. However it is unlikely that all demons can be changed. As shown with Sung-Joo the nature of the demons can't easily be changed.

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Oh I am not the only one thinking the same thing! I've also been speculating the same thing as you since more of Mujika's details have been revealed, and with the latest chapter revealing only one documented person coming back from a meeting with he Demon god I started to suspect more the same thing as you did regarding Mujika.

Since they mention only the Ratri clan member returning from the meeting, yet we know from the dialogue of Mujika that she is familiar (perhaps had met said god / deity) lead me to think that she may have been among the ambassadors in forging the promise 1000 years ago -- plus she only seemed to exist after said promise. So I was thinking the same in that she may have been a human who advocated for peace, whereas Ratri was like Norman and at the time creating the current system was the best option (which is understandable as unlike the current generation their ancestors had been waging war against demons -- so no way are they going to hold hands until wounds heal). And her wish of peace seems to be best achieved via this method.

I'm not sure if Emma and Ray will end up becoming demons because for now one big concern is that it sounds like there is a payment to be made... And since we know that Emma or Ray were likely to be offerings to him, but they managed to avoid that, this demon god / deity must be very hungry for a proper offering...

Moreover, Sonju wasn't exactly positive about said demon god / deity, going so far as to call him the true enemy, and Mujika is worried Emma and co will break the promise and end up angering said demon... Becoming a demon is one possibility but I am sure Emma would not stand for it, let alone paying a price unlike the previous envoys.

Nozdormu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Now that we know that there will be a price to be paid for making a new promise... could it be that the price was already payed a long time ago and Musica is in fact Emma.