Discussion - Theories about Mainland. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Theories about Mainland.

Brother Coa

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
So far the Mainland has been only mentioned and described by Miria and Rubel ( if briefly ). I am sure that everyone has their own theories about Mainland and I would want to see other people opinions on this subject. What are your theories about Mainland? How do you imagine it?

Let us first start what we know about Mainland:
-It is another continent, larger than Claymore Island.
-Long time ago there were many nations out there, but until 100 years ago only two sides remained and started battle for supremacy.
-One side has DoD’s on their side.
-Other side is creating monsters to change the course of battle.
-The other side that is creating monsters is using Claymore Island and Claymores themselves as part of top secret experiment in order to create their own race of super warrior being s and defeat the DoD’s side. They are even using island’s Human population in their experiments.

Now the way I see it Mainland is another continent that is in size much larger than Claymore Island. In size I think that Claymore Island is not that small island, average Human walking speed is 5km/h ( 120km/day ) and Helen herself said that they would need about 20 days walking from Organization HQ to Holy City of Rabona. Being that Rabona is on the center of island that would bring about 40 to 45 days from reaching from one side of island to another, which brings around 4800km to 5400km from one end of island to another – which is freaking huge considering that number is probably the same for other two parts of island ( take a note that from Perth WA to Sydney there is 3.940km, and that is from one side of Australia to another. Meaning that Claymore island is little bigger than Australia, and Australia alone is covering 8.468.300km2 ). So I would assume that compering Claymore Island and Mainland is similar to comparing Australia with Asia. One more notice: Claymore Island is probably located somewhere in northern hemisphere of Claymore world as northern part of the island is always covered in snow, which is characteristic for places located further north like Canada or Russia that have their northern parts always covered in ice and snow but central and south parts much warmer and filled with vegetation and wild life.

Now let us look at Mainland situation, from what I have been able to conclude from Miria’s story is next: once there were many nation states on Mainland, but as time passed nations made alliances. And about 100 years ago on entire Mainland only two nations, two big alliances left. And in a world where you have two big superpowers ( Good example would be Axis and Allies during Second World War or NATO and Warsaw Pact during Cold War ) you will always have a war for supremacy in which the victor claim the entire world for themselves. It is logical that the only reason why war is lasting for that long is that the prize for victor is world domination, and that is always powerful motivator for either side to not back down at all. But even this is open for discussion. This brings us to next crucial questions:

-What could be reason that after 100 years no side considered to start peace talks?

-If one side have DoD’s as their allies how is possible that they failed to annihilate the other side even if they had initial success with Dragons?

For first question I simply don’t have a right answer, it could be anything even world domination motivator as I previously said. But seeing how Organization can manipulate their own warriors and Humans who is to say that they cannot use same methods + extensive propaganda to control their people and inspire them to continue their war for supremacy? Only that would explain why war lasted for so long without people themselves wanting to end it. War like that with army’s and battle witch Miria described must have casualties in millions, not to mention the destruction of the land and cities. As for second question the only logical thing I can think of is this simple one: Other side cannot control Dragons as much as Organization cannot control Awakened Beings. That is probably the right answer, because if the other side would be in 100% control of Descendants of Dragons they would probably totally annihilate the other side a long time ago. That idea came to my mind when I saw DoD and Askaram in that hidden part of Organization base in Chapter 126. DoD was tied up and he had appearance similar to Awakened Being, which must mean that they are probably similar to them. And if that is true that they should be also hard to control, same as Awakened Beings when they awakened and start destroying everything around themselves. The Organization side probably captured some Askaram and DoD’s and use them to made their own versions of monstrous creatures – but using Humans instead of Askaram. All this probably happened little before they decided to start their experiments on Claymore Island, if data which certain members from this forum provided is true ( that one regular year probably spawn two generations of Claymores ) than we can safely assume that experimentations on Claymore island started some 30 years after war started on Mainland ( 150 Generations of Claymores would cover around 70 years if the data is correct ).

All of those so far were reference on what we know and what could the present situation on the Mainland be, now for my personal theory about Mainland:
First thing I noticed is that the world where Claymores live is not our Earth, island that big and with that unique shape does not exist on our planet. Furthermore, Askaram exactly fit profile of some extraterrestrial being you are sure to found on some distant world. And the biggest clues to my theory are MiB themselves. Some of them seem like that they don’t age at all ( like Rubel completally staying the same from Raphaela to Teresa, Clare’s and Clarice’s generation, Rimoto to not age a day for seven years ), Dae missing literally half of his face and even somehow his eye can work normally, the way they create Claymores and all those tubes in Dae’s laboratory all point out to one thing – Humans from Mainland must be technologically highly advanced. Main reason why I am saying technology is because there is no magic in Claymore world, the closest thing to it being Yoki. But even that can be explained as powerful energy emission as a result of combining flesh of two different species, so the only other explanation is technology.
It is actually quite logical giving all the things that are happening so far in manga. With advanced technology MiB could easily manipulated Claymore Island Human population who are technologically still in medieval times, even not discovering things like Trebuchet, Telescope or Crossbow ( now that I mention this we didn’t even saw a single bow in entire manga, oh well… ). Only that could explain how could they live so long ( biological engineering ) and how are they able to create Claymores at all ( biological and technological engineering ). Because creating something so sophisticated as Claymores is not just simple “cut them open, than replace organs and let them slowly turn over”, as Human body automatically rejects any foreign object ( it can even reject perfectly healthy Human organ if everything is not right ). So they must have some kind of preparations: sedate them than using probably using some machines or something like that to stabilize the body and made it to adapt to new changes and actually accept them. And the last thing I wanted to point out is their Legendary weapon itself – their Claymores. As Miria said they are hard as nails ( seams even harder as they can cut through solid concrete and stone walls tick like some meter or two like it was butter, not to mention Clare breaking stone/wooden roof with it and making a BIG hole in the ground when she swings it, than we have Priscilla and Teresa hitting with such force that actual hitting of both swords release shockwave that can break glass and make you deaf… ) while all other weapons are easily breakable, except Raki’s broadsword. But because we never saw how Claymores are actually created, how Organization laboratory really looks like, and how is the real situation on Mainland all this remains only theory. But it is quite possible, just because we didn’t se any of that doesn’t mean that it is not there. MiB would probably bring just essential equipment for their experiments and leave the rest on Mainland as to more easily pretend to be on same technological level as Humans from Claymore Island.

It’s all just my theory, how I imagine Mainland faction and secret size of Organization. You are welcome to criticize if you want. I am also interested into reading other people’s opinions regarding this subject.

Last edited:

Brother Coa

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Please register to see the content of this post.

Decepticon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Brother Coa

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

Decepticon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Bayuga

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

number12michael

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Last edited by a moderator:

Brother Coa

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

Brother Coa

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

Brother Coa

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

BleachFan2010

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

number12michael

Reaction score
Country
Canada