Other - The Weapons Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Other The Weapons Thread

_ATMA

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
lol it seems there is a thread for almost everything >.> but i came up with a new one lets show off any bladed weapons like swords and knives guns arent really liked here :amuse

zangetsu:

shinobigatana:

throwing knives:

Last edited by a moderator:

karasu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
wow are those real??

_ATMA

Reaction score
Country
United States
yes lol all of those are battle ready >.>

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I remember you wielding one in one of your pics :D

I'll take a photo of some of my blades sometimes tonight.

EDIT: My beauties! XD

Oddly enough, no thieves have attacked my house yet. :oh

_ATMA

Reaction score
Country
United States
haha cool shit >.> i ahve seen that katana on the place i buy my weapons from >.> lol[br]Posted on: June 13, 2006, 08:06:11 PM_________________________________________________http://www.trueswords.com/ninja-katana-stealth-attack-p-14.html haha thats it isnt it?

its basicly a dup of my sword except with diffrent colors >.>

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I like my colors better ;D

But I guess. My uncle gave it to me; he taught classes that involved swordplay, I guess, and ordered some stuff from a supplier, and got some extras. (I didn't really know him that well, tho.)

The knife, I got last Christmas ^^ Thought it was pretty wicked-looking XD

_ATMA

Reaction score
Country
United States
it is i really like it i just had my graduation party about $300 + i have $200+ left over on my debit card from when i went to canada >.> im lookin to buy something REALLY nice but im not sure

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
If you enjoy knives, go for it XD They ARE fun to collect.

But you'd probably want to save that money since it sounds like you might be doing some celebrating with friends. Graduation parties last throughout the month XD

_ATMA

Reaction score
Country
United States
not really -.- i dont party much =/ + im sorta the loser of the class w/ like no friends at all x.x lol

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
that's usually the guy that gets rich and all the pretty ladies, the guy that was least noticed in his class xD don't sweat it dude, just live your life and I guess get a cool knife for now XD

_ATMA

Reaction score
Country
United States
lol yea >.> just keep programing i guess _-_;

Brede

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
:blink...i just added another 2 names to the list of ppl to avoid in a dark alley... :smile-big

but seriously, that's a cool collection atma/GK. i remember guys in my class going ga-ga over butterfly knives (i think that's what they're called).

@GK: where did you get that collection of throwing discs (or whatever the actual name is)?

@atma: why not collect some 'keris'? its the traditional weapon round this part of asia. its a short knife and the blade is (generally) in a wavy form. there are actually other blade designs. the story goes that good keris have mystical powers and can sense danger and will warn its owner of the danger.

_ATMA

Reaction score
Country
United States
Brede said:
:blink...i just added another 2 names to the list of ppl to avoid in a dark alley... :smile-big

but seriously, that's a cool collection atma/GK. i remember guys in my class going ga-ga over butterfly knives (i think that's what they're called).

@GK: where did you get that collection of throwing discs (or whatever the actual name is)?

@atma: why not collect some 'keris'? its the traditional weapon round this part of asia. its a short knife and the blade is (generally) in a wavy form. there are actually other blade designs. the story goes that good keris have mystical powers and can sense danger and will warn its owner of the danger.
lol they're called throwing stars, and i never even heard of a keris untill just now >.> lol, haha just looked up what they were on wiki, i used to have a little knife made of peuter that was a keris but i broke one day when i droped it x.x

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Brede said:

Yeah, butterfly knives :spaz

Throwing stars and my uncle gave these to me too. :)

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
When I first saw this thread, I thought it's gonna be just about weapons in manga or anime. Turns out this thread is awesome.

I'm a huge Star Wars and Star Trek fan (still can't figure out if I'm a trekker or trekkie, I don't even know what those words suppose to mean).
This is a Bat'leth (Klingons traditional weapon). I had it made last year with the help of a friend who happens to know a blade maker. It's 116 cm, but only weighs about 4.2 kilograms (should be 5.3 kg). I got this picture from wiki, since this is the one I use as the model for the blade maker. Currently it's sitting in my closet back home out of anyone's reach.
http://img428.imageshack.us/my.php?image=batleth26xw.jpg

And 3 light sabers (just the handle). My best friend gave them to me for my birthday for the last 3 years. My favorite is Mace Windu's, since the saber is purple.
http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/1593/mace2ms.jpg
http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/9479/yoda0el.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9871/obiwan3mh.jpg

Still can't figure out how to post image here.

As for Keris, it's one of the traditional weapon here. I read in a book that Keris made by great smiths (called "Empu") are sculpted with their hands, they don't need hammer or flame to heat/melt the blade. You can check out lots of 'em at: http://keris.fotopic.net

_ATMA

Reaction score
Country
United States
heh thats pretty cool not bad starwars and startrek are good lol

Brede

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
_ATMA said:
i used to have a little knife made of peuter that was a keris but i broke one day when i droped it x.x
i think pewter ones are usually for decoration/paper knife.

@ichimaru : noooooooo not another star wars fan :smile-big my bro is a big star wars nut as well. he's also collecting light sabers, figurines and even bought a Darth vader mask/helmet thingy (or whatever its called). he scared the living daylights out of our dog when he ran out from the house waving the light saber with the mask on :blink *sigh*

_ATMA

Reaction score
Country
United States
Brede said:
i think pewter ones are usually for decoration/paper knife.

@ichimaru : noooooooo not another star wars fan :smile-big my bro is a big star wars nut as well. he's also collecting light sabers, figurines and even bought a Darth vader mask/helmet thingy (or whatever its called). he scared the living daylights out of our dog when he ran out from the house waving the light saber with the mask on :blink *sigh*
.... how old is he jeez lol

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wow. :O

You know what'd be cool to own? Asuma's knucle knives. I've always wanted to own a katana. >_>;; Neko Nax! post your stuff here!