Year Round - The Tennis Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Year Round The Tennis Thread

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Real Life Tennis Discussion

Didn't even realize that..also he took half to time to get his 14 than Sampras who took almost 12 years..

also it's hard to discuss tennis post FO and NOT praise Fed

javimgol

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Nadal was almost injured in last Roland Garros, you should know.
I really admire Roger Federer, and I think it's maybe the best tennis player of history. But you shoud look at his stadistics against Rafa.It's amazing: 12-7 or something like that. Nadal will get the Grand Slam for sure really very soon (maybe this year?), and until that day you won´t take into account how big he is. He is still young, and improves every years :
-3 years ago he sucked in grass and hard court, and he is the actual champion of the last two Grand Slams in that courts
-His serve improves a lot: it isn´t fast, but it´s really very accurate and with several effects. Obviously he will never be a server as good as Roger or Roddick, but he improves it every year.
- the number of winner grows every year. Being a rocket launcher like Del Potro or Verdasco, or being a volley expert aren´t his targets, but he is still improving it

So, in conclusion: the number one of the world is always understimated.
Alonso finished Schumacher, Nadal will do the same with Federer. Obviuosly, Federer won´t retire so soon, and he will be many years first in TOP 5 and then in TOP 10, but getting number 1 again will be very difficult

Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Nadal didn't complain about injury until after Soderling blasted him off the court.

His injury is his fault, he needs to manage is schedule better, he played too many tournaments and his knee got so bad that he couldn't defend his queens club title and wimbledon is in doubt.

He wasn't bad at grass, he was second only to Federer, but he has improved his HC game.

Nothing is for sure in tennis. Fast HC does not suit Nadal, there are quite a few players who can take him out at the USO, Fed, Djoko , DP, Murray to name a few.

Nadal isn't big at all, put him next to a football player and he's tiny.

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Nadal didn't complain about injury until after Soderling blasted him off the court.

His injury is his fault, he needs to manage is schedule better, he played too many tournaments and his knee got so bad that he couldn't defend his queens club title and wimbledon is in doubt.

He wasn't bad at grass, he was second only to Federer, but he has improved his HC game.

Nothing is for sure in tennis. Fast HC does not suit Nadal, there are quite a few players who can take him out at the USO, Fed, Djoko , DP, Murray to name a few.

Nadal isn't big at all, put him next to a football player and he's tiny.
The problem for them is that Rafa has won against them always lately in a 5 set match, and bad for their morale. The only one who can destroy Rafa is Federer because he knows that he is, in fact, better than Rafa in tennis habilities. The problem is to stand against Rafa's stamina (and he isn´t only stamina, otherwise Monfils will be the best player of the world).
The last one of the Big 4 who defeated Rafa in a 5 set match was Murray, and Nadal was half-injured (it was his last match last year, then he didn´t play even Davis Cup Final VS Argentina)

Last edited:

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

The problem for them is that Rafa has won against them always lately in a 5 set match, and bad for their morale. The only one who can destroy Rafa is Federer because he knows that he is, in fact, better than Rafa in tennis habilities. The problem is to stand against Rafa's stamina (and he isn´t only stamina, otherwise Monfils will be the best player of the world).
The last one of the Big 4 who defeat Rafa in a 5 set match was Murray, and Nadal was half-injured (it was their last match last year, then he didn´t play even Davis Cup Final VS Argentina)
I thought your were going to flame lol..lets try to continue being civil okay dude :amuse

Anway, Fed isn't comepletely better, he just has more weapons.

I think Fed has better stamina too, Rafa tends to burn out come indoor hard court season and at the end of a five setter Federer tends to still look fresh, he barely sweats.

Monfils problem isn't stamina it's a combination of him showboating and not using his weapons.

Lastly, Rafa wasn't injured at the USO he was tired.

It's understandable..the dude was on FUCKING FIRE...

FO>Queens Club>Wimbledon>Olympics>Toronto Masters>Cincinati Semis...he was undefeated for like 32 matches..

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain

I thought your were going to flame lol..lets try to continue being civil okay dude :amuse

Anway, Fed isn't comepletely better, he just has more weapons.

I think Fed has better stamina too, Rafa tends to burn out come indoor hard court season and at the end of a five setter Federer tends to still look fresh, he barely sweats.

Monfils problem isn't stamina it's a combination of him showboating and not using his weapons.

Lastly, Rafa wasn't injured at the USO he was tired.

It's understandable..the dude was on FUCKING FIRE...

FO>Queens Club>Wimbledon>Olympics>Toronto Masters>Cincinati Semis...he was undefeated for like 32 matches..
In Spain we think that the gold medal in the Olympics was good for Spain but very bad for Rafa. It destroyed two possible holidays weeks with a trip to a very far country, playing 5 set matches...and I don´t know if he even played doubles in Olympics too.The consecuences was, as you said, that Nadal was very tired in the end of the season (SF in Cincinatti and QF in USA, no?). I hope we'' ll see a good fight Roger-Rafa this summer and autumn, after Wimbledon Roger was a bit depressed, I think, and in the end Rafa was physically destroyed, as you've said perfectly

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Actually Rafa made the SEMI'S of the US, and yea he played doubles, but he was taken out early..the Olympics helped Federer...the gold medal inspired him.

I'm also hoping for Federer VS Nadal Wimbledon part IV lol

javimgol

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Actually Rafa made the SEMI'S of the US, and yea he played doubles, but he was taken out early..the Olympics helped Federer...the gold medal inspired him.

I'm also hoping for Federer VS Nadal Wimbledon part IV lol
Who do you think will be the winner? The last final was the best match in a final that I remember

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Well Federer is in Zen mode or he should be..he got the monkey off his back, he has nothing to really worry about..he'll be playing free whether this is good or bad who knows?

Nadal...i don't know if he'll make it..the loss at the french will make players think they can beat him and he's not at 100% and he missed queens to warm up at.

Nadal out of wimbledon with an injury.

Fed and Murray are the favorites here...

Last edited:

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand

I saw on the news last night that there had been heaps of players slipping up (literally) on the new Wimbledon Courts. Is that how Rafa got injured? I hope Federer wins, I like his playing style (and someone needs to beat Peter Sampras' record).

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Re: The Tennis Thread

Federer will take back again his crown

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I'd like him to...over here the Murray hype is high!!! they're predicting Murray vs Federer final, but I think english are overhyping Murray, they need to let him play his game without getting all excited, but he'll most probably make the final but Andy Roddick will be tougher than Ferrero was. I was quite disappointed that Ferrero didn't at least take a set off Murray but oh well...Women's semis today!!! 2 Russians, 2 Americans, 2 Sisters...2 places foe the final, who will make it??

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Serena Williams has just won and is going to the final.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

yeah I saw, epic match versus Dementieva; there was nothing between the two players...coulda really gone either way. I'm going for Venus in the final though, if Serena plays like she did yesterday against her, she'll get severly punished imo...

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Federer is going to the final and Roddick leads Murray 2 sets to 1.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Roddick in the final vs Federer...

What a game vs Murray.... what a game!

S.S

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Federer takes it this year.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Lol yea people are slipping on the new grass.

Thats not how Rafa got injured. Poor management of his schedule coupled with his grinder style took it's toll on his knees and he had to withdraw.

I'd also like Federer to win.

FED HAS HIS 6th WIMBLEDON AND 15th GRAND SLAM

Last edited:

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand

OMG I stayed up till 5:30am watching the Wimbledon tennis but I'm glad I did: Tennis World Record made by Federer! I feel kinda sorry for Andy Roddick though. There were tons of places where he looked like he was going to win and in the end he got runner-up again. But, on the bright side, he's improved a lot and he's the only person (besides Rafa) to get Federer on to the last set.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Yea Roddick played out of his skin till the very end..but im happy for fed...he straight up destroyed record today