The "ShgnLW" thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The "ShgnLW" thread

ShgnLW

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well, due to the fact that I'm an international translator a moderator *cough* Khaludz *cough* xD suggested that I made a thread in this section. :D

Well, let me introduce myself: My name is ShgnLW, real name is Marc. I'm 18 years old, living in that tiny frogland called the Netherlands (AKA Holland). I'm translating the naruto chapters in Dutch every week for the ones interested in it. And I must say there are quiet a lot actually. :D If you want to see the latest translation (MQ) go to http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1311.msg15854#msg15854 to check it out ;)

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Hoe is het met jou, Marc? ;D

What's your favorite Dutch word?

Mine has to be 'ongelofelijk' so far - just find it appealing for some reason. (Amazing) The way I remember it is a memory tip - 'angel of elijah' because that seems to me as something that would be miraculous. So in my head when I want to say that's amazing! in Dutch, I think of an angel of Elijah and then come up with 'ongelofelijk.' Oh well, that's how I go about memorizing most things. I just wish it was as easy in memorizing hiragana and kanji...

Anyway, good job keeping up with the Dutch translations along with Khal. :thumbs

Oh, and how did you get into Naruto? How popular is manga in the Netherlands do you think?

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hehe, here's a question for you ;), why do you write my name as Khaludz? Nickname or continuing error? :leepose

Why do you beat me to a dutch translation on thursdays?! Think that's funny?! :p

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello Marc!
Bedank for het goede werk! (I'm not sure if this is correct...)
Goed gedaan!

I really enjoy reading Dutch version although I can't speak Dutch...but due to the fact that I'm German I'm mostly getting the grip of it. I'm trying to learn some basic Dutch by reading your translations. ;)

My questions:
So, what do you like about Naruto? Which is your favourite Naruto character? Why did you begin to translate?

ShgnLW

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hey everybody, totally forgot this thread as I am busy with school :(

Well, my favorite word in dutch is "Schitterend' what I say all the time if something really funny happens. It means "Fantastic" or 'wonderful".

I got into Naruto after a former classm8 of mine (nicknamed The _Oracle, he's pretty famous around the anime community) who is really into anime. So, I started reading the manga and I liked it!! I began to translate because my little cousin once wanted me to read the manga I was reading on the pc, but he is just a little kid who can't read or understand english so I translated it for him :D

Manga here in the Netherlands is not really popular. Alternative people and people with a high education often read it mainly, though also other people read it. Mostly girls think it is for geeks and shit like that. I only read Naruto and in the past I read Kenshin what I really liked. Other manga however I dislike.

My favo character would be ehm... Neji I think :D Or Kakashi ;) The gentle fiststyle Hakke is my favorite style and attack of the series :)

@ Khaludhz :D ehm, Khaludh, it was just a continuing error :) however, a classmate of mine's name is Khalid and his nickname is Khaludz, so I think that is the problem :p

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Aha, so that's why you thought me to be 'black' ;) Well, indeed many people here think manga is for the geeks, and i have no right to counter that, as i'm kinda geeky myself ;), but lately ( the last half year ) watching anime on your pc has become far more popular, and especially Bleach is really getting 'in' at the moment... or at least around The Hague, Delft etc...

Where do you live?
Have you been to other countries and what do you think of them compared to holland?
Who's translations do you prefer to use when you translate them into dutch? And why?
School? As you are eighteen years, are you currently doing vwo6? or do you study you at a university already?

Non-important thingies: Khalid is probably pronounced as 'Ch/Galiet' or something... Khaludh is pronounced the dutch way if you want to know, so more like 'Kaa-loet' in dutch or 'Kay-lood' in english...

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
ShgnLW said:
Hey everybody, totally forgot this thread as I am busy with school :(
It happens :p

Hope school's going okay :thumbs

ShgnLW

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
:p I live in Almere, Flevoland, the fastest growing city in the Netherlands. Unfortunaltey, all the garbage from amsterdam (I'm refering to people) is living here... to bad :(

I lived in Germany and Luxembourg, too for a couple of years, although I can't remember much from it because I was lik 1-3 years old when I lived in Luxembourg and 6-7 when in Germany (I went to a dutch school).

All translators who are here are all fantastic people, who are willing to spend there little bit of spare time into this, I mean, there are so many people reading Naruto in this world yet there are only a handfull of serious translators. Keep it up people ;) That's why I don't really mind which translation I "borrow" because I have faith that all are excellent.

Hahahah, you sure have a lot of questions Khaludz (mind if I keep callin you like that?) I think that you are probably following the VWO program right? Yeah I beat VWO and started this year at the Vrije Universteit in Amsterdam, doing International Business Administration, a course completely in English. Heheheheh, pretty difficult, because I finished english with a "5/10" grade on my final list :D

BTW> The pronouncement of your nickname is quiet... funny :D but yeah I thought at first glance that you pronounce your name like Chaliet in the beginning :)

Heheheheh, now I gonna search for your personal thread and ask you some questions :D EDIT> Where is your thread?! :p

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
It's in the Ask Mes section for moderators :p, just click this link to go there... And yeah, i try to post as many questions as i can think of that interest me in Ask XXX threads, because most people like to asnwer those threads, and it's sad when those threads die ;)

ShgnLW

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
BTW> i also have a question for the other people who replied here:

For the people who know a bit of dutch: What is your favorite word in dutch?
Do you know any dutch people?
Have you ever been to the Netherlands?

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
ShgnLW said:
For the people who know a bit of dutch: What is your favorite word in dutch?
Do you know any dutch people?
Have you ever been to the Netherlands?
Hmmmz, tough questions ;)

Favourite word... "herinnering" perhaps... ( memory )