Anime - The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (2022) | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (2022)

Did you like the movie? (Part 2)

• Yes.

• No.

• Was average.

• Can't bring myself to watch it because of the CGI.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zorra_akuma

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

new clip with translation
Eli: you can go, thanks
(walks over to small table)
meli: a meal must be eaten close to others-
eli: otherwise it’s not fun
meli: why did you miss training today?
Tristen: there was an accident in the city, I had to help the wounded
meli: liar, you were riding with gowther weren’t you
(meli picks up barrel)
triste: but I really helped those people
meli: and yesterday?
Tristen: Hendy taught me how to make medicine. I can heal wounds, but I can’t cure diseases like mom,
Meli: Since where were you a pharmacist Tristen? Your dream was to become a holy knight and punish evil.
Tristen: that was when I was a kid.
Meli: you still are a kid
(tristen slams table)
Tristen: you will never understand how I feel papa! Thanks for dinner
(tristen runs out)
Eli: Tristan!

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Why do I get the feeling that the more of Tristan's childhood we see, the more we see Meliodas just being a shit father whilst Elizabeth is a good mother.

I hope not, since that's like every route an anime takes when a previous protagonist becomes a parent - Like Naruto, etc.

Elizabeth looks gorgeous btw, shame she's got 5 minutes in the movie before being removed for plot.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Why do I get the feeling that the more of Tristan's childhood we see, the more we see Meliodas just being a shit father whilst Elizabeth is a good mother.

I hope not, since that's like every route an anime takes when a previous protagonist becomes a parent - Like Naruto, etc.

Elizabeth looks gorgeous btw, shame she's got 5 minutes in the movie before being removed for plot.
Doesn't look like Mel is being a bad father though. From these trailers it looks like Tristan is getting complacent and is slowly neglecting training, because he isn't fond of battles in general and the "peace" is fooling him?

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Doesn't look like Mel is being a bad father though. From these trailers it looks like Tristan is getting complacent and is slowly neglecting training, because he isn't fond of battles in general and the "peace" is fooling him?
So far yeah, but the more that is revealed, the more there seems to be Meliodas being emotionally insensitive towards Tristan.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Didn't really dislike the recent trailer but this poster...

Son Detective Asurei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
And this is why I was wondering whether Jade is Kiane's son, the name choice would be 100% accurate to them, as it both depicts both a mineral and a plant(Crassula Ovata).

To me Lance's mockery of Tristan's purpose still indicates that even if Lance were already in Mel's service, he and Tristan haven't had time to catch up or figure out that Tristan would actually be trying to do something about Elizabeth's idiotic new curse.
I think he would be able to know about Elizabeth's curse through Tristans' thoughts.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The new promotional poster is so bad. I can't believe they decided to publish this.

CGI really was the best choice.

Zerodx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
The new promotional poster is so bad. I can't believe they decided to publish this.

CGI really was the best choice.

For some unknown reasons, the haters prefer the poster than the CGI. We finally able to see how Tristan accidentally hurt Lancelot

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nakaba has to draw special chapters using Amamiya's idea. He likes sports so that's perfect...

For some unknown reasons, the haters prefer the poster than the CGI. We finally able to see how Tristan accidentally hurt Lancelot
Hating CGI is popular in general. Although it's true few do it well it can't be worse than this poster.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Considering how dreadful and garbage Cursed By Light is, this movie should prove to be better. Although I'm already skeptical at the ''plot'' in the film.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I hadn't paid attention at first but Lance and Tristan are using real weapons in the video. Tristan injuring Lancelot by awakening his Demon powers is what I expected when we learned about this but I thought they were playing around, fighting unarmed and it escalated.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
I think he would be able to know about Elizabeth's curse through Tristans' thoughts.
True, but he seemed to join Tristan on the way, like he caught up with him, either coming from Liones' direction or somewhere else.
And the giant girl who seems to be more of a toddler in the VAs' interview gives me more and more vibes of being Kiane's child(the eye colour doesn't help, but we'll see what happens with that trio); she looks confused about the place, like it's her first time in Britannia or outside the FKF. Lance might've been visiting one of his uncles(after all, he seems to like King a lot and agrees to work for Mel and more or less embrace his KotA status when the time comes), and he would find out about his assorted "cousins" getting themselves in trouble:teehee.

Did anyone find out for sure from somehwere if DP managed to curse Elizabeth with the Chaos Staff he's wielding in that other video? It'd be the only excuse for that even happening...though...why, Nakaba?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't think it goes that far, Meliodas seems to simply want to get involved and understand what Tristan wants, but he was never really good at diplomacy unless going for the jokester persona. That's the only way he can get someone to relax around him, but since his family knows him, he needs to be honest and his real self with them, right? And his jokester persona upsets Tristan anyway.
We at least know why Meliodas developed the flaws he has, his father raised him to focus on being a soldier period. It's impossible that some of that commanding attitude won't linger even as a shadow, even if it's looming over his concern for his loved ones. And now, as a father, Meliodas wants to know his child is aware of the path he wants to follow and doesn't get lost on the way. He didn't have the chance to raise a child before so he wouldn't know adolescence is normally a very confusing age and life stage. Even during the Arthur clash, he was worried about Tristan destroying himself by pushing too hard the envelope, and merely conveyed it awfully. That's a normal flaw for anyone to have, even parents. It doesn't make them "shit". Meliodas could never be what the DK and SD were as "parents", no matter how many errors of judgement he makes or how many times he scolds his son.
Elizabeth is a good mother, but I still would like to see where she gained that all-loving attitude from Sora Amamiya was speaking about. It annoys me to no end that they give her this and that trait and just leave it in the air.

Last edited:

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Netflix JP tweeted a few messages from the VAs:
Yuuki Kaji:

TL:
Love

Sora Amamiya:

TL:
Elizabeth of the Seven Deadly Sins taught me quite a lot of things.
Playing Elizabeth whose thoughts and personality are different from mine was very difficult and it had been troubling me, but I cherish the performance quite a bit for making me who I am now.

Last edited:

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
A message from Aoi Yuuki:

TL:
For me, the Seven Deadly Sins is where I can see my important friend Diane again, it is also where I can see her important friends again. Getting to see the future she protected along with her important friends in a new movie is a bliss!! I'd be happy to have how moved I was conveyed to you all.♡

Zerodx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Well the movie was cool. It tell us another reason why Tristan is weaker than Lancelot

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I was pleasantly surprised by the movie to be honest, I think it's pretty good so far and hopefully Part 2 will be just as good in terms of quality. I suppose my only queries and concerns are:

- As I'm sure you all know, I heavily dislike Elizabeth being put in the damsel in distress role for the purposes of P L O T. However, I suppose Deathpierce cursing Meliodas or anyone else in the realm would be silly since Elizabeth could easily break it. So going after her not only fulfils his plan to make Meliodas suffer, but also removes the strongest healer from the equation. I still dislike it, since it means Elizabeth gets 3 minutes to be in the film whilst everyone else gets meaningful character moments, etc.

-Tristan's inner dimension/monologue when trying to break the curse is very reminiscent of Elizabeth's moment against Zeldris. I like it.

- I like the nod towards fairy magic for breaking the spell, but did Mael just get shafted again for the 37th time? I'm going to speculate that this ''age old'' spell isn't something Harlequin will know of immediately, and will probably spend some time in Part 2 finding or creating it. However, why don't they just have Gowther invasion-spell a message to Mael and have him come down? Don't see why Mael couldn't break this type of curse.

- I think with any conflict in the sequel (and this movie) I wonder how long it'll be before the sins get involved fully. Because Deathpierce is getting hardcore fodderized if even a single one of them steps in, and tbh, I kinda want it to stay with Tristan & Lancelot defeating Deathpierce.

- I wonder whether we'll see Arthur in Part 2 and how he gave this staff of chaos (& priest) to Deathpierce. Do enjoy a bit of drama between Arthur/Merlin & the sins.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The Lancelot Special at the end :heh.

That was pretty good! Liked the CGI.

Not too surprising but it was cool to see that Tristan can use Full Counter and also new techniques we have yet to see in the manga. The color when he is using Healing Magic is pink for some reason. What he said when he tried breaking the curse implies that he might be unable to do it because he is too weak(still not convinced by that though).