Predictions - The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama Part 7 - Egghead Arc | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama Part 7 - Egghead Arc

Is it Bonney's time to shine?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Previous iteration of the thread is HERE from WCI Arc.

As it stands, Jinbe has returned to the crew and officially shown in the manga as the SH's helmsman. Popular theory and predictions has Carrot and/or a Scabbard joining the crew.

This thread is to discuss possibilities of any characters in this arc (including Carrot and the Scabbards) joining the crew on their future journeys. Personally Carrot as a mink would be a great addition to the crew, not just because of her age and bubbly(sparkly) personality but she's also a tested candidate, having travelled with them from Zou, to WCI and now here in Wano.

The reason I discard the Scabbards from joining is simply because once Momo assumes leadership of the country, he will need advisors to whom he can turn to for counsel and those that know both the current struggles of the country but also its past glory. The Scabbards fit that perfectly. I also doubt they'd leave their lord's family exposed anymore.

None from the group has shown any interest in leaving the country for personal adventure; besides the mink pair when they were young( and snuck off to join Oden). Neko and Inu would most likely return to Zou as they are rulers there.

The only one I would see leaving after the dust is settled is maybe Kiku to find her brother.

afromarco005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Let's discuss potential new nakamas and allies in the wano arc.

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Well, I think Jinbe definitely fills the helmsman position and Carroto-chan fills the lookout spot.
That's already 10 members, Luffy excluded. If it mirrors Blackbeard's structure, Captain + 10 commanders then we got all members of SH pirates.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
I want Tama to be an equivalent to shanks and buggy in Roger's crew.Ace also promised to take her to sea and she sees Ace in Luffy, it's a sign

I want O'kiku as the first mate's girlfriend.

afromarco005

Reaction score
Country
France
Probably a mink though.

Dont know why but always end up thinking cesar.
I love Cesar too, he is very funny and could fit with the rest of the strawhats as the ship's scientist

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
A Mink would be too repetitive since we already have Chopper.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Tama is too young to be a part of Luffy's crew. I would extend that to Momonosuke but he's supposed to be 28 and hence gets some exception.

Nevertheless, Momo is probably going to be required for the storyline. Learning the Poneglpyh writing and history of the world etc.... Tama wont join because the world is a dangerous place for a kid, same reason Luffy didnt go with Shanks.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Caesar's not joining, not until he seriously redeems himself for the horrible things he's done. As of now, the Straw Hats wouldn't particularly go out of their way to help him unless he's necessary to their survival.

I think Momonosuke will have a chance at joining, especially if this arc is about his growth and development as well. But tbh that depends on whether he wants to learn how to read Poneglyphs, and there's no other way to do it than join the crew with Robin. The other main thing to consider though is whether or not Wano will see someone replace Oden, and who'll rule Wano. Kinemon and the other retainers probably don't want to rule Wano or leave Momonosuke alone, but they trust the Straw Hats enough, and Momonosuke might get stronger.

Carrot might join, but would the Straw Hats really need a lookout when they have at least four Color of Observation users?

Marco Rausch

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
From the One Piece Databooks we know that we get 13 Strawhats . But we dont know the 11th and the 12th Strawhat

AB = Brook
CD = Chopper
EF = Franky
GH = Hyogoro ?, Hiyori ?, Hancock?
IJ = Jinbe
KL = Luffy
MN = Nami
OP = Otama ?
QR = Robin
ST = Sanji
UV = Usopp
WX = Wednesday alias Vivi and X for the Xmark and the Promise
YZ = Zorro

I hope Carrot joins too as a Lookout

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really do not think there will be more official members. Maybe other people will join the strawhat grand fleet but the core group's last member is Jinbe I think. I have to ignore the OP data book this time just because iirc Luffy did say he wants 10members. Even if we add the ship, that is 11 members. I do hope that spirit of the ship thing returns. That shit back at Enies Lobby was so sad.

llaubacher

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
From the One Piece Databooks we know that we get 13 Strawhats . But we dont know the 11th and the 12th Strawhat

AB = Brook
CD = Chopper
EF = Franky
GH = Hyogoro ?, Hiyori ?, Hancock?
IJ = Jinbe
KL = Luffy
MN = Nami
OP = Otama ?
QR = Robin
ST = Sanji
UV = Usopp
WX = Wednesday alias Vivi and X for the Xmark and the Promise
YZ = Zorro

I hope Carrot joins too as a Lookout
I thought Oda recently put into the databook that slots 11, 12 and 13 belong to Vivi, Going Merry and Thousand Sunny? Also confirmed Jimbei as number 10.

First numbers of the databooks are the Strawhats. That however does not mean Oda can't go out of his way and put the possible new members somewhere at the end or even change the whole number thingy. I for one do like this "Alphabet theory" as I call it.

Second one is "Numbers related to DF names":

Chopper - Hito Hito no Mi - Hito (1-10)
Brook - Yomi Yomi no Mi - Yomi (4-3)
Luffy - Gomu Gomu no Mi - Gomu (5-6)
Robin - Hana Hana no Mi - Hana (8-7)

So numbers 2 and 9 are missing. I remember that so far, 2 known DF fit these numbers. One is Kuma's Nikyu Nikyu no Mi, second was Monet's Yuki Yuki no Mi. Monet is supposedly dead, hence the fruit should be available and hell knows what's the situation with Kuma and what will happen to his fruit.

2 - Ni (can also be Futa or Yu)
9 - Ki (can also be Ku or Kyu)

If we will ever see a new crewmate, it's about time, honestly. OP is nearing its end. Also, we have these theories to follow unless Oda decides otherwise. Cant remember if that's the case with Alphabet theory, but Oda was asked in SBS about the 2-9 DF number names and his answer was not clear ofc. It's stated he does not like people guessing OP future plot.

Disclaimer: The theory ain't mine but I can't credit anyone as I do not know who's the original creator.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
second was Monet's Yuki Yuki no Mi. Monet is supposedly dead, hence the fruit should be available
I think Carrot will eat this fruit. When Money used one of her ability, it was a rabbit attack. And I think its foreshadowing Carrot obtaining that fruit.

Also Carrot fills the scout position as she did in WCI.

She is strong and has a quirk. She is young as well.

She fills most of the criteria to join the SHs.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I feel like one more tragedy is in store for dear Carrot. I disliked her at first, but after rereading Whole Cake, and her trauma with Pedro, I feel like she really fits. Her speed is up there with Zoro. She's amazing in Suilon (forgot spelling) form. And she is literally used as a scout during her introduction on Zou. With Electro and snow powers, she would be an amazing asset. It would be unfortunate if we got two more devil fruit users, but one more seems fine enough. We still have Franky, Nami, Ussop, Sanji, Zoro and possibly Jimbei who can still swim, three of these are the top tier fighters.

The fact that Monet seemingly inexplicably uses the rabbit attack does feel like a foreshadowing. And Carrot seamlessly fit into the crew structure at Whole Cake. Pedro also fit well, easily becoming a buddy figure for Brook. I really liked their interactions as a pair of old hats at all this, not to mention Pedro's knowledge. But Perospero was not to be licked with lightly, and so Carrot was orphaned. I feel like WCI is still only step one, though.

I said it it before and I will say it again. Wanda is the traitor mink. Her reasons being whatever, she is the traitor dog. Or maybe she dies at the hands of the traitor. Regardless, I feel like a few musketeers will not come back, possibly with Carrot as the "last musketeer". With the will of Pedro living on inside, and fewer friends back at Zou to return with, she will feel like it is her duty to see the "Dawn" for Pedro. That would be fitting and come full circle. Extra points if a Straw Hat helps defeat the Traitor. Or just helps out with Jack. He may not get fought at a convenient time and taken down. This battle on Onigashima feels ever more ominous...

woefdram

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I've said this before and I'll gladly say it again: after Jinbei there's only one true candidate...Mr 2 bon clay

Why?

Because he is beautiful
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also....I feel like - in true shounen/MCU fashion - BBs crew is like a dark incarnation of the strawhat crew. Bon-chan's fruit mirrors Catherina Devon's fruit quite well

And he's beautiful

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
I was re-reading and i just saw Caribou asking Luffy to join the crew and Luffy accepted, it was similar to how Robin asked, did anyone catch this?

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I was re-reading and i just saw Caribou asking Luffy to join the crew and Luffy accepted, it was similar to how Robin asked, did anyone catch this?
I did, but it feels too random. Ms. All-Sunday was a major character and was critical to plot events, atop having focus as a character. Caribou seems like a scumbag who is just asking Luffy for help to get out of the prison. I could see him becoming a Grand-fleet member, nothing more.

I do prefer Caesar for final Nakama, though.

woefdram

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I did, but it feels too random. Ms. All-Sunday was a major character and was critical to plot events, atop having focus as a character. Caribou seems like a scumbag who is just asking Luffy for help to get out of the prison. I could see him becoming a Grand-fleet member, nothing more.

I find Caribou too one dimensional to be a nakama. Same goes for carrot. All crew members had a full story arc with them as a central characters before/after they joined (except for zoro, but I strongly suspect Oda has been saving his backstory for Wano). Sure you could argue Caribou might still get his story arc, but I really doubt it at this point in the story. If there is going to be a new crew member I think it will be someone we've seen before and who doesn't need a whole story arc to justify them joining. Kuzan, bon-chan...even Coby would be more likely.

How likely is it that this is it in terms of crew members? I know Oda stated a number, but that's a few years ago

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa

Yeah i get that but the way he asked to be allowed in Luffy's ship and the way Luffy accepted is getting me worried, even he was worried Luffy accepted his membership to easy.

Im really hoping he won't join since i really REALLY want Carrot in the crew, but alas who knows.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Oda did say the last crew members would join in quick succession. I think Carrot was a test perhaps to see how she fit and how fans received her. Has been positive so far as I'm aware, I like her and by end of Wano she may have a more concrete reason to be on the crew, aside from really wanting to explore the world.