Discussion - The Ratri-Clan,What makes them so Special? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Ratri-Clan,What makes them so Special?

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Heyyyyyyyy Guys!:hi First time that i'm opening a Convo-Thread actually but there is something that i've been wondering about for awhile now and i was curious what you guys think about this.

Neverland has been giving us really exciting and tension filled chapters lately,some really reminiscent of the Escape from Grace Field given the atmosphere and tone they had going for them(In my Opinion :nerd). However,ever since we got the Explanation and the Reveal how the First Promise came to be and that Humans used to fight and protest against the Demons in the past and how the Ratri Clan has been involved in all of this business i've been wondering: Why the Ratri-Clan? What do they possess/know that other Humans do/did not? What makes them so special?:hmm

I always thought that it could be that in the past Wars between Demons and Humans,Soldiers or Members of the Ratri Clan showed exceptional bravery and skill in their fight or maybe that the Ratri's were a Royal Family in those times and represented their People who nowadays reside in the Human World while they remained in the Neverland and continue their deal with the Demons and supervise the Farms.
There must be some reason that all the Demons keep said Promise and only go for Kids/Humans from Premium and Lower Quality Farms and never once ventured into the Human World(At least to our current knowledge!).:grumble
I can't help it,i don't see why the Demons would just make such a promise where the proposing side gets the better end of the deal and they basically limit themselves to only feed on "Cattle".

I also wonder where and how exactly Norman is going to factor into all this,The Ratri's seem to have been experimenting with their own or a specific Members DNA(Possibly James) to create some sort of a Clone of said Member. As seen with Adam and his short flashback there are multiple "failures" yet they keep a similarity with the Ratri Clan that being their White Hair and Blue Eye Color. Whereas someone like Norman for some reason is being kept close to Peter Ratri,the current head,is being tested daily and also kept alive for no apparent reason so far. I feel like he is a key figure in all this,as if he possesses a certain quality or trait of value that they absolutely need.:grumble

So far from me,share some of your Ideas/Theories with me and the rest of the Community and let's see how close we can get the to the Truth. That at some point sooner or later will surely be revealed in the Manga i hope,but until then: Keep the Thoughts coming! The more the merrier! :super

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
My guess is that the Ratri Clan, prior to the promise, is an influential group to the human side. They are smart, cunning and often very convincing. Maybe they have more power than the politicians in their world. So, it's no surprise that they would end the war with that promise. After that, they may have formed an alliance with them, as shown with Peter and Bayon.

We still don't know the benefits of the human side of the promise, or at least, if it was ever explained. Perhaps, the kids did know the advantage, but seemingly did not take note of it, or not cared enough because the benefits of the demon side is more inhumane. Nevertheless, they are what the Ratri and Demons have come up with.

Since they are a group of intellectual people, my theory stems from them creating more out of their image. Hence, Norman and Adam. They are like the Demons. Just not eating them, but more of getting the smartest and brightest kids out of the orphanges and make them as their own.

In short, they are influential on both sides, being the smartest humans and still going strong with their association with the demons.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Ratri means "night" in our language.

Maybe it refers to their darkness and underhanded tactics.

Or something else.

deyna

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Since they are a group of intellectual people, my theory stems from them creating more out of their image. Hence, Norman and Adam. They are like the Demons. Just not eating them, but more of getting the smartest and brightest kids out of the orphanges and make them as their own.

In short, they are influential on both sides, being the smartest humans and still going strong with their association with the demons.
i wonder if there are other kids (the smartest and brightest ones) besides norman at that lambda plantation. we are only shown norman so far.

kfhustle

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Ratri means "night" in our language.

Maybe it refers to their darkness and underhanded tactics.

Or something else.
yeah i still confuse about how acient human can fight the Demon race back then .... maybe because they hav some powerful way to fight and it from this Ratri clan .....

it make me thinking about it kinda like Belmon clan from castlevania series