Discussion - The Official Lucy Heartfilia Thread | Page 17 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Official Lucy Heartfilia Thread

Your favourite Celestial Star Dress

• Aquarius

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Leo

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Sagitarius

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Aries

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Gemini

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Scorpio

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Virgo

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Taurus

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Cancer

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Capricorn

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
What are your expectations about Lucy vs Kyria fight?

Last edited by a moderator:

strikefreedom

Reaction score
Country
France
What are your expectations about Lucy vs Kyria fight?
Not all fan service and humor, not an interrupted fight.

I want a real fight, that lucy wins but with real difficulty, I want to see a fight like against mimi where lucy uses her head to find a solution using all these abilities.

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
If Lucy ends up by defeating Kyria without any advantage but just with her fight skills and new moves, it would be more impressive than Wendy's victory over Haku IMO.

Lucy was shown to still have real difficulties against Kyria, which proves she's a strong opponent who shouldn't be underrated. But people love to belittle Lucy's opponents once she defeats them.

Wendy only defeated Haku because of the following reasons:

- He was holding back during all of the fight and did not want to defeat her by knocking her out but just by making her unable to move, as we saw when he overwhelmed her with plushies.

- She was the perfect counter against his plushie hax.

- While Irene stated Wendy won through her own Magic Power, she would have lost if Irene didn't interfered by overwhelming Haku with his own plushies. Wendy would've never land the spell she used to finish Haku.

I think that Haku, at his full power, is stronger than Kyria ; there's obviously a reason why he's a BDSK and she's not. But the extent of his power he showed to us does certainly not put him above her. If he used his full power against Wendy, then Kyria is stronger than him by a good margin. And Wendy is probably not stronger than him, whether he used his full power or not against her, because she had advantages against him. I don't consider her above Kyria either.

Anyway, if Lucy defeats Kyria with her own fighting skills and with no advantages, it would definitely put her above Wendy IMO. I consider Kyria to be Spriggan level btw (at least above the likes of Jacob and Neinhart).

Last edited:

strikefreedom

Reaction score
Country
France
I really hope lucy defeats Kirya.

That there she is really injured mortally, but what gets up anyway and what bat Kyria.

Preferably not an OS, but if there is a sequel to the fight it will be very short, logical given the injury she has, no doubt she will invoke spirits to support her, a new mixed stardress for completed Kyria will be perfect.

But like with Mimi, Lucy will have proven that she has progressed well and had a good fight and that's what we expect from Lucy.

So I really hope it's not an illusion or gemini.

Kenneth Latorre

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don’t mind Lucy defeating kyria since they are no longer a threat to the top tiers, the focus is now the BDSKs.

Firnfiction

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
This thread is inactive since almost seven months :emocat

Let's revive it with a few questions about best girl.

Do you like Lucy's character? Whatever your answer is, why?

How strong do you think Lucy is? Where would you rank her in the guild?
And even in the series overall?

What's your favorite Lucy's fight? Your least favorite?

Your favorite Star Dress (Mix)? And Celestial Spirit? Your least favorites?

Do you think Lucy will have the occasion to fight a BDSK? If yes, solo or in team?

Would you like to see CSK again? If yes, when, why and how (i.e in which circumstances)?

If you want Lucy to have a power-up, what would it be?
1. Love her. Her progress in the guild has been realistic and rationale. She wasn't introduced as an overpowered mage or someone with already strong type of magic. And she actually uses brains over brawn.

2. As mentioned, she's more of a thinker. She's definitely outdone other CS users we've been introduced to, but combat wise she's underperforming. Like Kiki mentioned above, I'd put her around Elfman tier as well. Not too outstanding, but can hold her own, somewhat.

3a. Favourite Lucy fight was against Brandish. Showcased the very potential her magic is capable of. Even though she was definitely underwhelmed considering her opponent, the thing she's been lacking is not power, it's the use of her magic.
3b. Least favourite is the fight against Vivaldus Taka. Sure it was nice she got to bond with Juvia. But it just bugs me how she didn't even try to summon Cancer, whose power revolves cutting opponents' hair, against an opponent who overpowered them with hair... Even if Cancer wasn't strong enough, at least you know, try to use him..?

4a. Favourite SD is Cancer's. Cancer by himself isn't really impressive. I mean defeating an opponent by cutting their hair was a funny gag, but in terms of actual combat that was not impressive. I always thought he should be using the scissors as proper weapons, and her star dress did that and really made my wish come true LOL. Favourite Spirit is Gemini. Not only because i am a Gemini myself, but because the magic could really be OP with the right targets. Like when she did it on Marin.

4b. Least favourite SD is Aries because Aries's magic doesn't seem impressive to me, and Lucy using its SD doesn't really give any upper hand in battle. Least favourite spirit is Capricorn. No proper magic his own shown. His SD only suggest anti-eye magic properties. His knowledge of CS magic is also not that big of a deal considering there's already Crux, whom even managed to research on the Eclipse gate.

5. I think she might participate in a BDSK fight but as a support. But at this point I can't see which opponent could she have a use for. I think she might have a more fulfilling role analysing the mystery of the labrinth or something.

6. Yes we might see CSK again, it might be when she finds Aquarius's key again. If my theory of her key being involved with Viernes is true, he might appear there? Who knows maybe Viernes and CSK might have had a pact in the past whereby Viernes was the one who materialised the gold keys?

7. I think her star dress and the mixes are already a huge power up, which even that took a long time (tartaros arc) to occur. Furthermore, considering she's learned to use SDM in a short time (compared to her ability to summon long periods/summon more than one), she's actually grown a huge leap. It's just that her spirits always keep getting oneshot, apart from the usual Virgo and Leo and Gemini for UranoMetria. UM is already like an ultimate move for her. All we need is just Mashima giving her low-tier spirits longer fight scenes and being more serious with strong opponents. I think we've outgrown most of the running gags already? I mean even Aquarius could be more tender with Lucy. She could also use more silver keys in her fights honestly. Angel used Caelum, and Yukino also had some in the Starry Sky arc.
I also think if Anna is in present time, and she's had experience with owning all 12 keys, Lucy should be learning a lot from her.

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I don't consider her above Kyria either.
The only problem I have with this is that I barely manage to put Kiria at the level of those 2 Spriggans, and that's because by some smart choices she likely made in using her mind-manipulation magic she got to devour a dragon(we don't know her past, so it's pointless to wonder if she manipulated the dragon or another mage), even so that ability is impressive. However, it stops being impressive when the opponent can be smart without such magic ability, and has healthier and stronger reasons to be confident.
I'm fairly sure that she has her hypnotism magic because of her actual inferiority complex, the girl is so brash and obsessed with powerful mages, and particularly with dominating them and humiliating them exactly because it soothes her fears. She even braved the nudity only as long as it was just her and another woman(and, with the nods to onsen culture, the girls in this story are often comfortable with being naked around one another) but felt embarrassed once a man entered the area, and feels the need to subjugate and publicly dominate him to show off against her enemies
Anyway, I'm bothered more with Kiria's attitude and its playing into how she's using her magic abilities and skills. It stops being useful once she runs into a mage powerful in all areas and one smart enough to see through her tricks and or put together more complex strategies if they can't outright raw overpower her.

I'm not touching the Haku and Wendy mess, it's not a proper fight, given Irene's involvement and his own choice to just act lovestruck silly. It's like Zenitsu mistaking training tag with Nezuko for silly flirting and a regular game of tag.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Back to Lucy, I really hope she is allowed to use her wits in winning, and it stays her fight, but I'm also worried that, if the cliffhanger plot-twist in 102 is fake, Mashima/Ueda won't handle well the explanation behind it or of a fast life-saving reaction from Lucy to Kiria's strategy(if it's only an illusion Kiria put her into), especially since Kiria isn't just a mind manipulator, she is a fast swords-woman herself, she'd follow through with material cutting almost instantly.
And while I enjoy her Spirits' willingness to beam over themselves and help her out, I'd like it if she snapped out of it herself...
That's why I'm more agreeable to Lucy maybe losing her arm as long as it's not used for the boys' "benefit"...

One4All

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Lucy stans can only hope at this point. The more I re-read the chapter,the more I believe that some theories it being a fakeout is the correct one. But also,the more I feel that this is a part of Laxus' development. That cliffhanger sparked so many theories and the chapter is coming soon it's making me crazy(more than I already am lol).

Am I the only one hoping for Lucy to be the enemy somehow?maybe she got tainted after rewriting the demon book?like her being on the bad side might make her a real powerful mage. Also,the spirits will transform to their eclipsed forms. I find Leo,Virgo,Gemini and Taurus stronger than their original forms. On the other hand,Capricorn,Cancer and Scorpio needs to find another form.lol.While it is a 360 turn of character,it's for the better I think.

If this won't happen,then the spirits should really step up. If Hiro just focuses on the spirits more than Lucy and her stardress,he won't be having any trouble making new designs and spells. Hiro must have forgotten what Lucy's magic really is and the rules of it. SD is already enough though,atleast it won't make Lucy vulnerable anymore but her main power is summoning the spirits. IIRC,Capricorn was hinting that when he fought Mimi. It holds a promise that Lucy lacks "something" to make her spirits stronger. Spirior/spirit arts might be the key,so I hope she learns how to manage it.

Last edited:

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Am I the only one hoping for Lucy to be the enemy somehow?maybe she got tainted after rewriting the demon book?like her being on the bad side might make her a real powerful mage. Also,the spirits will transform to their eclipsed forms. I find Leo,Virgo,Gemini and Taurus stronger than their original forms. On the other hand,Capricorn,Cancer and Scorpio needs to find another form.lol.While it is a 360 turn of character,it's for the better I think.
This would mean for the entire story to take a big U turn, becoming much darker than FT ever was, because Natsu is implied to already be "tainted" by either a consequence to the rewriting, or Ignia's flames. The mangakas are already planning something-or at least I hope they still remember what they had Lucy declare in ch 22(was it?), that she was afraid of Natsu's flames for the first time(something she apparently never felt even when his Curse Power was infiltrating her body and trying to kill her from within)- and he's been acting more and more clingy with her and negative towards other men trying to show interest in her. I don't know if it's part of the shippy agenda or if it's meant to build into something else, but still showcasing their deep bond...or maybe both, but Natsu is already on a darker path requiring her help and protection, maybe even from himself.

Besides, they've sort of tried the "enemy" angle in the Key of the Starry Sky arc in the anime, and even there they didn't manage to take her far, because she refused to embrace what they were turning her into...and then, here, in the Elentir arc, when she was turned into the nure-onna(she couldn't even act mean to the very end, half of the time she was busy baiting Natsu and his hormones). Pretty sure her staple theme is angelic and she's meant to be the saviour, with Natsu in danger of being truly corrupted.

I would love to see her using the Eclipsed versions of her SDs, though, they would definitely be more action driven than her normal ones, and more dangerous too, not to mention that they would make up her own type of "darker, but not evil" magic style, like the DeS for Gray. I feel that if Natsu is to go fully out of control or be corrupted by Ignia or anything, or even more interestingly, re-awaken as E.N.D., but this time fully, the Eclipsed forms of her SDs, or even the Eclipsed CSK SD would be her only fighting chance, to reach him and smack him back to his senses. Okay...I'm done, it starts feeling like I'm writing fanfiction now:slowly

Last edited:

strikefreedom

Reaction score
Country
France
Lucy stans can only hope at this point. The more I re-read the chapter,the more I believe that some theories it being a fakeout is the correct one. But also,the more I feel that this is a part of Laxus' development. That cliffhanger sparked so many theories and the chapter is coming soon it's making me crazy(more than I already am lol).

If this won't happen,then the spirits should really step up. If Hiro just focuses on the spirits more than Lucy and her stardress,he won't be having any trouble making new designs and spells. Hiro must have forgotten what Lucy's magic really is and the rules of it. SD is already enough though,atleast it won't make Lucy vulnerable anymore but her main power is summoning the spirits. IIRC,Capricorn was hinting that when he fought Mimi. It holds a promise that Lucy lacks "something" to make her spirits stronger. Spirior/spirit arts might be the key,so I hope she learns how to manage it.

Mashima had occasion to make Lucy an enemy.

During Aldron I said Lucy was going to be cleared and forced to attack Natsu for trying to kill him.

That natsu wouldn't look for the attacked, just knocked him out but that faris was going to force lucy to commit suicide so that natsu would surrender and be able to clear him.

And there during Selene 1st part, he had a golden opportunity, that he ruined everything with lucy yokai to make it just humorous and rushed.

I would have liked so much to see the yokai-shaped spirits and who really attack natsu and try to kill him and lucy the same but no mashima ruined everything T-T, just why? T-T

Kenneth Latorre

Reaction score
Country
United States
Stupidity aside, you people have a freebie.

strikefreedom

Reaction score
Country
France
They meant that us, Lucy stans, had a freebie with Lucy winning.
HAAAA okay in that sense, but in itself I don't see it as a gift, more like a good thing for lucy

strikefreedom

Reaction score
Country
France
A gift is a good thing...
Certainly XD except when it's a poisoned gift XD.

But if mashima really wanted to give us a gift, he'll make the nalu move forward T-T

Kenneth Latorre

Reaction score
Country
United States
Certainly XD except when it's a poisoned gift XD.

But if mashima really wanted to give us a gift, he'll make the nalu move forward T-T
For you shippers I guess it would be. That’s what I care less about honestly. Lufys relevance to me depends on how useful she is to the story. So far she really hasn’t disappointed me.

strikefreedom

Reaction score
Country
France
For you shippers I guess it would be. That’s what I care less about honestly. Lufys relevance to me depends on how useful she is to the story. So far she really hasn’t disappointed me.
I take both, the usefulness of lucy in the story and now I'm waiting for mashima to decide to finally bring the nalu forward to complete the character of lucy and natsu too