Discussion - The official feud between Soma and Central | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The official feud between Soma and Central

Chingaruna517

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well folks, I think that is the (momentarily) end for the Yukihira-Eishi feud in the cooking battle. However, that doesn't mean the Central's research upon our hero is ended just yet. What I meant about "reaching" Soma is the fact that, according to Eishi's perspective, he is the cause of the drastic change of the 92nd Gen First Years. Reason? Well, according to Eishi, he believe Soma is the source of that difference of the 92nd Gen First Years, and boy how is Azami willing to stop that from being "contagious" And now he has the latest plan in works to what-seemly-to-be eliminating the opposition that even Eishi had to get along with: Operation Promotion Exam.

So how do you think of the current events now? Could the Promotion Exam be the Central's last resort to ditch effort to crush Yukihira Genius?

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
No, because I doubt Azami is trying to crush Soma.

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, because I doubt Azami is trying to crush Soma.
Well, he is , considering he learn from Eishi that the Yukihira Genius is the heart of that 92 Gen's prowess against its seniors. And there is a saying: if you want to get rid of the swarm of bees, you gotta destroy its hive.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Well, he is , considering he learn from Eishi that the Yukihira Genius is the heart of that 92 Gen's prowess against its seniors. And there is a saying: if you want to get rid of the swarm of bees, you gotta destroy its hive.
Why would Azami want to get rid of Saiba-senpai's son?

That makes no logical sense.

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States

OK, fine. We are not talk about Saiba for a moment because it was an obvious reason why Azami is not targeting Soma, yet. In the past chapters about their initial encounter, Soma interrupting the reunion between Azami and Erina, which obviously infuriates the now-elected director . The antagonism between the two only sparks when Soma himself reveals his identity to Azami when the director describe about Saiba, and Soma's recent distaste over the Central's direction, where the "revolution" also meant to destroy those who close to Soma, one no need to say is the Restaurant Yukihira .

So, is Azami going to rid of Soma? Well, if this would somewhat get Saiba's attention to see his masterpiece, for sure he wouldn't do that but keep in mind that he cannot afford to let anyone intervenes and ruins his plan either regardless his opponent, even Saiba's son.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think Eishi's decision was weak. There are plenty of ways to use Souma at Central, even he just being there would break the morale of his friends. So I believe Azami will try to make him join Central, but with other conditions.

JonDou

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Because it will be revealed that that Azami actually HATES Jouichirou.. This trope has been used before in anime/manga so I'm just guessing it could be used again. Who knows where the writer will go with all this.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Because it will be revealed that that Azami actually HATES Jouichirou.. This trope has been used before in anime/manga so I'm just guessing it could be used again. Who knows where the writer will go with all this.
That sounds unlikely, since he's blaming the system which ruined his Saiba-senpai.

When you have already established the motive, you don't change it.

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States

The likely conclusion would just be like its been since the beginning of central. Either conform to central or get kicked out of tootsuki. Even if its saiba son if he stands against central and tries to change tootsuki he wont hesitate for long to get him out. (but even if this were to happen jou will most likely show up and stop this). With the recent chapters unfolding we see just that. Azami is cornering the resistance with the promotion exams and now they currently have to find a way to counter that. how they'll do that is kinda tricky because the author can write himself into a corner because there's hardly any holes within azami's system. It would have to be a plan where it could involve erina as a e10 member being exempt from expulsion getting the leeway needed to get azami to compromise someway.......( i just dont know how it could happen)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
That sounds unlikely, since he's blaming the system which ruined his Saiba-senpai.

Plus thats the major plot point that pushes azami foward as a character ..... without that azami wouldn't have any purpose in the story and should just be a side character...... Also i cant think of any reason he would hate jou unless he finds out that jou was the reason for her daughters change of heart in 3 chapters time or should is say the yukihira's. They may cause azami to want revenge agsinst them later in the story. The dude's a control freak... you take his control away he'll lose it. Once he loses it it'll be harder for them... just guessing

JonDou

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

I've watched anime for almost 30 years so I've seen a LOT of different TV series and I've seen these type of characters before. They says things and behave a certain way when they are introduced and then when you get the rest of the story, their real personality and motivation comes out. I really feel we haven't heard Azami's full motivation yet. Megumi wonders what he meant when he made his creepy little speech outside the PSD. The heart of it is a plan for revenge as Fumio stated. My hunch is Azami feels betrayed in some way not only by the Nakiri family but I think it will turn out he also feels betrayed by Jouichiro so hence my comment that it's going to turn out that he hates the man Jouichirou has become. It's a prediction, we'll see if my hunch bears any fruit.

Last edited:

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
@JonDou It's easier to assume that Azami is unaware of Saiba feats in the Culinary World and just vanished from the face of the earth.

And thus the only thing to blame is the school system.

JonDou

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
@JonDou It's easier to assume that Azami is unaware of Saiba feats in the Culinary World and just vanished from the face of the earth. And thus the only thing to blame is the school system.
We all know he left school before graduating. Ten years latter he sneaks into the Nakiri mansion to have a private dinner with Senzaemon. He gives Erina what we are told is his family name, Saiba instead of Yukihira. Evasive behavior, but who is he evading? If he was evading Azami, why would he let himself be photographed with his daughter? These shenanigans seem to have little to do with the school system

I think Azami is messing with the school system because he wants to put his face on the school to punish the Nakiri family for booting him out.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
We all know he left school before graduating. Ten years latter he sneaks into the Nakiri mansion to have a private dinner with Senzaemon. He gives Erina what we are told is his family name, Saiba instead of Yukihira. Evasive behavior, but who is he evading? If he was evading Azami, why would he let himself be photographed with his daughter? These shenanigans seem to have little to do with the school system

I think Azami is messing with the school system because he wants to put his face on the school to punish the Nakiri family for booting him out.
We still don't know why he left, who's to say Azami would know more than us?

For all Azami may know, he can assume Saiba's departure was a result of the rotten school system and thus now getting revenge on it

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States

Theres flaws with that statement.
He's not evading azami by telling his real name. The reason is because He said that for erina's sake. We know that senzaemon was pestering jou to have souma go to tootsuki in the future.

Azami himself knows the name of saiba so thats not hiding. More like for souma to be able to help erina in the future so she could accept him easier. If she knew he was related to saiba by them both having the name yukihira think about how much animosity she would show souma? she already did show animosity but it wouldve been far worse imo.

As for the picture perhaps it was a means of giving erina some hope. If you recall she treasured this photo

The photo would serve as a reminder of what happened that day. Just in case she gets corrupted by azami because he figured out she was azami's daughter. Jou knew azami's ways and because of this he took a chance to be a positive influence on her life even though it was a coinidecnce.
Plus the reason azami wanted tootsuki was to use erina as a means for changing japans culinary system. He hated senzaemons cooking teaching. Thats why erina was torn between jou and azami's ways

This is my theory

Hey @BaBYShiBa what you think about this whole thread?

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
@Zekiel

I think it's baloney (I don't find the topic particularly interesting to dissect & discuss). :p

Maybe that's why you don't see many posters over here. :p

But the root problem lies in the inactivity outside of chapter discussion threads, & not just isolated to this thread. Tell me, when was the last time you saw a non-chapter discussion thread being active? They're mostly dead, & will most likely continue to be so.

My humble suggestion? Just stick to the chapter discussion & hangout threads, because threads like these would probably result in you quoting & replying to yourself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯