Favorites - The most badass... | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites The most badass...

ashher

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
...manga, character, scene, event? Basically anything that you can coin with 'the most badass' title...right down to most badass dogs if you can find :p.

In my book most badass manga: Dogs:bullets and carnage. Most badass character: Alucard. Most badass scene: Walter's descend in the battlefield in Hellsing.

Last edited:

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Yes to Kamina for bad ass character o/

Most bad ass mech:

Wanna know why? (From the TTGL wiki)
# Theoretically if the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is 10 million light years across, it would mean that its eventual battle with the equally large Granzeboma would last several billion years, considering that nothing can exceed the speed of light. This would mean that swinging an arm alone might be a feat that would traverse several million light years, which will require the same number of years in real time, to execute. However, since relativistic physics are taken into consideration, it would mean that the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann experiences severe time dilation effects that would theoretically make what seems to be a billion years last only several seconds, if the battle occurs at near light speed. Thus, the battle shown might be a condensed event that occurs not from the observer's objective time frame, but from the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's subjective time frame. If the battle really took several billion years though, in actuality, the galaxies should dwindle in terms of their stellar intensity due to the end of solar rebirth cycles caused by the heat death of the universe, assuming a situation whereby a big crunch does not happen.

# Also, if the battle between the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and the Granzeboma really did occur at such an immense inter-galactic scale which also caused several Big Bang level explosions to occur while they were hurling entire gargantuan galaxies at each other, the number of civilizations that they might have destroyed in the crossfire might have been several billion, assuming that a typical galaxy holds about 1 million intelligent civilizations. If each civilization has an upper bound of 1 million people (which will be destroyed by the anti-Spirals if that is reached), the number of casualties in the "duel" between the two giant battle bots might have not just been 1 (the death of the Anti-spiral collective consciousness), but several thousands of trillions. If the battle really did last for several billion years, it would give ample time for more intelligent races to evolve, thereby increasing the number of such civilizations by up to ten-fold, making the number of casualties even more staggering.
# Also, since nothing can move faster than the speed of light, it would mean that information being relayed from the movement of the body parts of the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann would take nearly millions of years to reach its controllers, since the light from it would need to cover that amount of distance. In reality, the pilots controlling it will feel immense space-time distortions on their screens, due to the unsynchronized information feedback from different body parts (i.e it takes far longer for light from the leg to reach the eye, then it does for a hand placed in front of the face). Unless time dilation reduces its effect dramatically, Simon would not be able to see the enemy and react almost "at the same time" to execute evasive maneuvers. It must necessarily be true that there is a fastest possible speed (such as the speed of light in our universe) in the physics of Gurren Lagann, attributing to the nature of Black Holes and the Spiral Nemesis. If something could travel faster than light, there would be no black holes, and thus no Spiral Nemesis could occur. If there is a fixed maximum velocity, there must necessarily be time and gravitation dilation, suggesting that the battle indeed lasted billions of years.

# Considering that the battle took place with so many Big Bang level explosions with inflationary powers that might introduce a lot new mass into the universe without any averse side effects, it is possible that the universe that Gurren Lagann was in, was a universe with a low cosmological constant; meaning that the universe was probably open and susceptible to a possible heat death by expanding ad infinitum. Introducing so much additional mass into the universe might have increased that constant, and caused it to become flat, meaning that it will expand, but only up till a certain point, but never contract. On the other hand, it may have become closed, meaning that gravitational energy exceeds thermodynamic energy, which will eventually cause it to collapse onto itself again to form a Big Crunch, and the dreaded Spiral Nemesis before that. If that is the case, it would occur that the Spiral Nemesis might never have been possible until the Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's final battle, which unlocked its possibility. Nonetheless, one possible way of avoiding an infinite Spiral Nemesis in which another Big Bang can never be created is to possibly create more mass to increase the surface of the super massive black hole formed, to increase the chances of quantum mechanical activity causing quantum tunneling to cause the black hole to evaporate through the formation of virtual particle-antiparticle pairs. This would allow some mass to escape in the form of energy, in which sentient races can use to their benefit. Of course, theoretically, for a black hole the size of the universe to evaporate through quantum tunneling processes alone, it would take several trillion to the power of several hundred years. This means that the Spiral Nemesis, while unavoidable in certain situations, will eventually undo itself and cause the universe to be reborn in a cyclical process. Avoiding a Spiral Nemesis and a heat death is also possible if intelligent life interferes with the direct cosmological process of the universe by using their spiral energies to balance the amount of mass in the universe by shifting them from one side to another to avoid increased entropy, and by stop creating too much mass.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Did you read that, desu, or did you just copy and paste it hoping you got the right one?

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I skimmed through it. Enough to know that basically, it's saying the mech Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan, if looked at from a scientific point of view and if the world in TTGL followed all the same laws of science and whatnot as ours, is crazy awesome :tem

Which is, of course, what makes it badass :derp

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Minato pawning Tobi was badass...
And Inspector Runge is the most badass police officer...that tech he used to memorize things was cool as were all his actions

ashher

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Hey, i know i said 'anything' ...but don't twist that around to make a niche for all your favorite characters lol. I mean categories like "most badass human protagonist" and "most badass vampire" does seem suspiciously like an effort to tailor places for both guts and alucard... :p. Make brave choices ppl, and defend them... Otaku Cafe needs more debate :D.

<.Haruka.>

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
My badass characters...

Male:
Scar from Fullmetal Alchemist - he doesn't care if its a homunculi (even father) or an amestris citizen he takes down if its against his ishbalan principles which he fights for.
Mamoru from Until Death to Us Part - he's a one badass swordsman protagonist who neither fears fighting bad guys how many or great they could be despite also of his handicap being blind.

Female:
Olivier Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist - in charge of leading the Briggs' Fortress, protecting the country from the neighboring country of Drachma. A firm believer in survival of the fittest.
Rui Hachiouji from Code:Breaker - whever she uses her 'shadow' special power plus her style/fashion also were pretty badass for a lady.

Last edited:

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hey, i know i said 'anything' ...but don't twist that around to make a niche for all your favorite characters lol. I mean categories like "most badass human protagonist" and "most badass vampire" does seem suspiciously like an effort to tailor places for both guts and alucard... :p. Make brave choices ppl, and defend them... Otaku Cafe needs more debate :D.
I could certainly make that list a lot longer, obviously it requires a big variety of categories to suit in all... a list containing of only two characters would be kind of weak imo :p

ZERO PHOENIX

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Manga
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Hands down, most badass manga on the planet. Only Veritas comes close to this badassery.

Character
The most badass character anywhere is Jotaro Kujo. He'll kick your @$$ and look good doing it.

Doesn't matter who they are, no one is tougher, more stylish, more badass than Jotaro Kujo.

Scene
When Jotaro was fighting the vampire lord Dio, there is a moment in the fight where Jotaro tries to trick Dio by playing dead. Jotaro actually commanded his stand (Star Platinum) to grab his heart to ensure that it stops beating, this tricking Dio's vampiric hearing. Not only did Jotaro think of that on the spot, but he endured the pain, and later whooped Dio's @$$ in a most brutal fashion. That scene however was a testament to the Joestar's ability to endure tremendous pain.

Event
Jotaro outsmarts Darby the Gambler. It has to be read to be believed. Darby spent the entire game cheating and stealing the souls of Jotaro's friends and when it was Jotaro's turn, well you have to read it for yourself.

Last edited:

kakashi919

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Most Badass character: Hatake Kakashi. Can't wait to see his rampage :shakefist

Most badass manga:HSDKenichi

Most badass scene: Kakashi vs rest of the world in Kakashi Gaiden :hurr

ArtieBoy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Most Badass

One Piece
Edward Newgate A.K.A. White Beard
Roronoa Zoro
Crocodile
Usopp (YEA I SAID IT)
Wiper
Shiryuu of the rain

Soul Eater
Black * Stare
Death The Kid
Mifune

Naruto
Killer Bee
Raikage

Sun-ken Rock
Kitano, Ken

Gantz
Izumi

Vagabond
Miyamoto, Musashi
Sasaki, Kojiro

JJBA (MULTIPLE SERIES!)
Kujo Jotaro
Dio Brando
Joestar, Jonathan
Joestar, Joseph
Kujo, Jotaro
Polnareff, Jean-Pierre
Noriaki Kakyoin
Hirose, Koichi
Kira, Yoshikage
& more.......

Vinland Saga
Thorfinn
Thorkell
Askeladd

Berserk
Gutts
Zodd

Last edited:

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Most badass dieter: Mori of Kokou no Hito.
Why such a stupid category? One square of chocolate (40 kcal) plus water only for five days.

Bromamura

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Badass Names
Nosferatu Zodd - Ancient, exotic and mystical sounding.

Bartholomew Kuma

Integra Hellsing - Or, Sir Integral Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing

Solf J Kimblee - Red Lotus, Crimson Alchemist, badass titles as well.

Digimortal - I think the Assassin was referred to as that in the end, if so then it definitely qualifies.

Killy - After all, you can't spell Killy without kill.

Badass Anime Scene
This one I just recently came across, not the most badass, still I thought I'd better post it while I remembered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyber34

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Most badass Manga: Berserk

Most badass Anime Character: Yusuke Urameshi from Yu Yu Hakusho

Most badass Manga Character: Kenshiro from Fist of North Star

Most badass Anime: Yu Yu Hakusho

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Guts is definitely the most badass character ever :zomg

MattC302

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Kenji from 'Eden: It's An Endless World!'. He is like if Gutts was from the future of our real world.
He even has a mechanical hand, was raped as a child and has a loli partner, just like Gutts :o

Last edited:

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sesshoumaru (Inuyasha) is a pretty badass character. Sometimes I don't think he even needs a sword; his only weapon could be his willpower and he can manage to defeat an enemy and then some.

I mean he surpassed his father, and his father is pretty much the definition of badass.