Events - The MH Golden Week Scavenger Hunt | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Events The MH Golden Week Scavenger Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
The MH Golden Week Scavenger Hunt

Golden Week = no new chapters from your favorite manga series = no fun fun!!! :confetti This year Golden Week will be incredibly fun here on MangaHelpers, we are bringing you for your entertainment and enjoyment The MH Golden Week Scavenger Hunt!!

Rules and Guidelines:

To celebrate Golden Week, MangaHelpers is hosting “The MH Gold Week: Scavenger Hunt.” This hunt will challenge your knowledge about manga, anime and MangaHelpers.

The scavenger hunt will begin on April 24th, 2011 and will end on May 1st, 2011.

The scavenger hunt will be broken into 8 rounds, one for each day. In the starting round a cryptic riddle will be presented by me, the hunt host, to the whole community. The rest of the forum will try to solve it. This first riddle will lead you to more clues and riddles. You will have 24 hrs to solve the riddles. In order to solve the riddles you will need to follow different clues and visit different threads on MH. In this way, the faster you solve the first riddle the better since you can know the next clue earlier and thus have more time to solve it.

Once you solve the riddles/clues (3 riddles/clues per day), you need to send me ([user]destiny4ever[/user]), [user]Blai[/user], [user]saladesu[/user], [user]igotthegoods[/user], or [user]M3J[/user] all the answers and the URLs (containing the answers) via PM. If the answers are right, we will PM you the green light to move on to the next round.

After each round a list of the people/teams that are still in the game and the ones who have been eliminated will be posted.

Once all 8 rounds have been played, the person or the team who correctly solves the most riddles wins: a treasure filled with and awesome-looking badge and bar, a front page interview, and your own very custom title.

The winner/s will be announced on May 2nd, 2011. In the situation of a tie, the tie will be broken by solving more riddles.

The purpose of “The MH Gold Week: Scavenger Hunt” is to do something as a whole community while having the most fun during Golden Week.

To participate in this scavenger hunt please PM [user]Blai[/user], [user]saladesu[/user], [user]igotthegoods[/user], or [user]M3J[/user] to sign up for it. Just write that you want to participate in this event, and if you are considering doing it in a team, please also write the usernames of your teammates. Only three members per team will be allowed. Each person has to make their own submission, even if they are part of the same team.

On April 23th, a list with the usernames of all the participants will be posted, in that way the list can be modified before the scavenger hunt begins (fix mistakes, add more participant, remove participants, etc.).

-If you have any questions about the awards competition, please feel free to PM me, Blai, saladesu, igotthegoods or M3J or you can also post your questions in this thread. :)

List of Current Participants
If you have PMed [user]Blai[/user], [user]saladesu[/user], [user]igotthegoods[/user], or [user]M3J[/user] but don't see your name on the list after a day (we do have real lives :p), please make a post in this thread and one of us'll add you in! :D

yukilove21
Cr0zzy
goldb
Iceiphoenix, BBB Banana & Googlez_kun
Imperium, Hystzen & Ustegius
After_Image, Farfalla, & Evil3ye
Linfone
StrangePath
Tiranofrome
Leonsagara
Bugzee, good_boy & jorped
kdowns, ℳαkαἶ ♛ ℇ♏℘ἶɾℯ & digitaldude
Freid, scav & Zeltrax
sakura_fai
dark lord
kkck & DementedKirby

Riddles
Two wrongs do not make a right. But what do two rights make?
In order to solve the riddle you guys need to think outside the box and think about how the answer to that riddle could relate to a thread here on MH.

Clues: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2411151&postcount=39
Clues: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2411257&postcount=41

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2413034&postcount=125

First clue: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2413232&postcount=149
Second Clue: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2413274&postcount=154

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2415210&postcount=176

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2417136&postcount=187

First clue: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2417393&postcount=191
Second clue: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2417581&postcount=201

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2418614&postcount=211

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2420391&postcount=243

No hints or clues from game staff will be given any more. No confirmations, until all 3 threads / clues have been found.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2423762&postcount=287

THE HUNT HAS BEGUN

Rule update

New Members can join the MH Scavenger Hunt anytime, except on the last day of the hunt

New members can join anytime during the scavenger hunt, however, they will still need to solve the current days riddle and go back and solve the previous days to pass the next round. No extra time will be given to the new players, so the people who joined the hunt from the start will keep the advantage of time over the newcomers.

Example: If a new participant joins on day 3, then he/she will need to send in day 1-3's riddles/hints/answers and catch up so that he/she can continue on like normal for the rest of the days... At the end of the hunt, everyone should've have sent in all day 1-8's riddles/answers. However, only the first person/group who sends in all the answers can win.

New rules regarding teams:

To all the participants: You can have up-to three members in teams. You can form teams at any time during the scavenger hunt.

If you still don't have a team member but would like to have one. You can ask members who are not in a team yet.

However, your teammates should be in the same position as you, meaning that the people with whom you are going to join forces should be in the same round/stage as you.

Please notify any of the mods working on this project about your desire to form a team with another player/s so that your team can become official.

If you have any questions regarding the new rules, please post your questions here or PM any of the moderators in charge of the hunt.

~GAME OVER~

:confetti

Thanks to all the members who took part in the Scavenger Hunt.

update: The game ended in a tie, so we'll have a tie breaker round for the first place finishers. See list of winners & finalists here.

Update / End

The riddles answers and prizes have been give out read about it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States
There was some confusion on how to sign up for the contest, so I've bolded it above and made it red so it stands out a little more. :amuse

To participate in this scavenger hunt please PM [user]Blai[/user], [user]saladesu[/user], [user]igotthegoods[/user], or [user]M3J[/user] to sign up for it.
I hope to get lots of PMs about this! :nuts

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Those of you that have PMed desty, please PM one of us instead up until Sunday. desty will be busy so there's no guarantee whether she'll read it in time or not. Resend to goodsy, desu, blai, or me so we can ensure that you'll be entered.

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hey everyone!

We've added a list with the current participants to the opening post. If you've signed up with one of us, please check that your name's on the list. If not, please post in this thread and one of us will take care of it (of course, be practical and give us some time... We aren't online 24/7!) :)

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You've got me on the list twice :sweatdrop

[sally]oops! fixed :p[/sally]

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
We want, and need, more participants! It's going to be awesome y'all! :)

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
start tomorrow?

DementedKirby

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Is this the thread where the riddles will be posted?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
No, they'll post be posted in different places. You gotta find 'em... I think. Don't take my full word for it since I rarely remember stuff.

Anyway, just a warning, don't PM me today since I"ll be gone for nearly the whole day. PM desu, blai, goodsy, they're more likely to read your PM and set things up.

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hm, if you get something wrong, do you still get another chance, or are you out of the running just like that? :blink

c_k

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
United States
You won't exactly be able to send in a wrong answer. Basically, the first riddle will lead to a place on MH, which will contain the next clue to the next place, and so on and so forth~
At the end of 8? clues, you'll PM someone and you'll have to list all the places with the clues, etc.

Cr0zzy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
jesus christ !!! we have to find the riddles on the whole forum or what

thats some crazy shit XD

Last edited:

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Yes, the answers to the riddles will be located all over the site :) Crazy as it may sound, that's what makes this fun, no? :amuse Don't worry, it won't be too difficult :XD

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
when will it start sally?

I'm pretty excited :woo

Cr0zzy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes, the answers to the riddles will be located all over the site :) Crazy as it may sound, that's what makes this fun, no? :amuse Don't worry, it won't be too difficult :XD
haha yes but are the riddles only in THIS forum ( golden week ...) or in the other forums too like in the naruto or bleach etc

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
when will it start sally?

I'm pretty excited :woo
When the Americans are on :p I don't have an exact time, but probably in the evening/night (US time).

haha yes but are the riddles only in THIS forum ( golden week ...) or in the other forums too like in the naruto or bleach etc
There isn't a forum for Golden Week, just this thread! :XD And there isn't anywhere in here to hide anything, lol. Things will be hidden all over the site, so on various sections of the forum etc, eg Bleach, General Seinen, Otaku Theatre, Fun Forum...

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
but the first clue or riddle will be in this thread right? We need somewhere to start from since the forum is pretty big.

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
When the Americans are on :p I don't have an exact time, but probably in the evening/night (US time).

I'm an american and on..... I woke up extra early just for this :D

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
but the first clue or riddle will be in this thread right? We need somewhere to start from since the forum is pretty big.
Oh yes, the first clue/riddle will be posted by destiny in this thread :) We will also be making a front page announcement and updating the shoutbox so keep an eye out~

I'm an american and on..... I woke up extra early just for this :D
Oh dear, I hope you got enough sleep~ You'll need it :3c

Status
Not open for further replies.