Discussion - The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread | Page 15 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Manga-Anime-Asian Drama Confessional Thread

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's alright Destiny, your forgiven. But should you wish to amend the error of your ways.

Tower of God is waiting.
I have heard a lot about TOG. Thank you for the recommendation, Jammin! :hug
I don't know when I will fix my shameful mistake, maybe it is because I have let my movie fangirl run free for a while now. I have been watching a lot of movies lately and I love it!

Haruka21

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yu Yu Hakusho had a boring and slow first arc, at least for me

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
I confess that it has been so long since I last watched an anime that I don't even remember when was the last time I watched one. It is not like I purposely stopped watching it ...it is just that...I don't know ...RL kind of got its meddling hand into me not watching anime anymore. Right now I feel like I would like to watch a romcom anime or an anime that will make me LOL and help me de-stress.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I confess that it has been so long since I last watched an anime that I don't even remember when was the last time I watched one. It is not like I purposely stopped watching it ...it is just that...I don't know ...RL kind of got its meddling hand into me not watching anime anymore. Right now I feel like I would like to watch a romcom anime or an anime that will make me LOL and help me de-stress.
That's rough. Well, there is no time like the present as they say. Here, I'll throw out three names for your consideration.

#1 KonoSuba. - Funnest anime in the last few years.
#2 Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii - Best recent RomCom.
#3 Ore Monogatari!! - This just seems like a "destiny anime" to me.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's rough. Well, there is no time like the present as they say. Here, I'll throw out three names for your consideration.

#1 KonoSuba. - Funnest anime in the last few years.
#2 Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii - Best recent RomCom.
#3 Ore Monogatari!! - This just seems like a "destiny anime" to me.
Thank you for your recommendation, Jammin~ :hug I must confess that Ore Monogatari definitely caught my eye. I am going to watch the first episode and I will let you know what I think about it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Thank you so much for the recommendation, Jammin!!! I really enjoyed watching the first episode.

--- Double Post Merged, ---
I was looking for a thread for this series so I could post my thoughts in it but I could not find one so I guess I will post them here.

I love Takeo...he is so kind and funny. Yamato is so adorable and sweet. Suna is a tsundere but he really cares for Takeo and values their friendship.

And yes, a love triangle is forming...Takeo likes Yamato...I might be wrong but I think Yamato like Takeo and Suna think Yama is nice...

I can't wait to watch episode 2!!

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you so much for the recommendation, Jammin!!! I really enjoyed watching the first episode.
Glad you like it. Sometimes you just need an anime with dangerously high sugar content.:hee

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Glad you like it. Sometimes you just need an anime with dangerously high sugar content.:hee
Yes!!! QFT!! I know it is not the same story plot but watching OM reminds me of Lovely Complex.

liductan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
There's nothing wrong with that. I went 2-3yrs without watching any new anime. It's life and sometimes other important priorities become our focus. When, things slow down. I'm sure you'll have time to watch anime. Just remember or try not to let life circumstances keep you away from hobbies you are passionate about, for too long. It's okay to take a break.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
There's nothing wrong with that. I went 2-3yrs without watching any new anime. It's life and sometimes other important priorities become our focus. When, things slow down. I'm sure you'll have time to watch anime. Just remember or try not to let life circumstances keep you away from hobbies you are passionate about, for too long. It's okay to take a break.
Thank you so much for that great advice! And it is very true. I remember once RL keep me away from my hobbies for too long and I was not de-stressing in any way to the point that it seriously affected my health.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I was not aware you LOLed. Do you also ROFL or LMAO?

I confess upon rereading Naruto's War ARc, I realized it's even more shit than I thought. THere's only few good moments but it doesn't weigh out the negatives. Absolute trash, and I wouldn't blame anyone who didn't want to rest the rest of the manga just by reading that one arc. Only solace I have is that one arc was shit compared to half of Bleach and all of HxH. :\

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
I watched some Lovely Complex anime clips today and it made feel nostalgic about my anime days...so I confess I miss my anime days...

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Never too late to make a comeback Destiny.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Never too late to make a comeback Destiny.
Thank you for your encouraging words, Jammin! :hugI think my biggest problem is finding the time to do it... *sighs*

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for your encouraging words, Jammin! :hugI think my biggest problem is finding the time to do it... *sighs*
Love finds a way Destiny. You just need to keep searching for it. There are anime out there that are worth it.