Artist - The "IU" Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Artist The "IU" Thread

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
She is my current favorite Korean singer, so it is only natural for me to make a thread for her, no? :hip

Please welcome, Lee Ji Eun, who is more widely known under the name "IU"!

Full Name: Lee Ji Eun
Stage Name: IU
Birthday: May 16, 1993
Genre: K-pop, dance, R&B

Further reading >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IU_(singer)

I met her the first time when I watched Dream High, a musical Korean drama. I completely fell in love with her and the character she acted out, it was awesome and lovely. Then I went to check her songs. I like her singles in general, like Good Day and the latest You & I.

I've just heard today that her fans are (unofficially) called "Mellow" or "Mallow". I think it should be "Mallow", though, as it's strange calling yourself "Mellow" in this context. :P

Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
As an actress I only know of her performance in Dream High. Does she star in any other new drama or movie lately?

Her newest album which name I forget is not that impressive compared to REAL or IU..IM unfortunately. What do you think? :p

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Nice thread Phio! However image doesnt work for me.Yup I also got to know her from the DH.However also she is known for her magnificent covers. SHe just adds something new and unique to already a great song

Last edited by a moderator:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Thanks for letting me know, lawlett! Picture updated. :hurr

I really like IU. I think she is currently my favorite female Korean singer. Her voice is calm but can be strong as well. And she is still very young. She can play guitar. Few days ago I saw her singing cover Super Junior's Sorry Sorry, acoustic, with her dear guitar, and it was awesome. She is so talented!

Too bad her new songs didn't impress me that much. :s But I still like her!

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Thanks for letting me know, lawlett! Picture updated. :hurr

I really like IU. I think she is currently my favorite female Korean singer. Her voice is calm but can be strong as well. And she is still very young. She can play guitar. Few days ago I saw her singing cover Super Junior's Sorry Sorry, acoustic, with her dear guitar, and it was awesome. She is so talented!

Too bad her new songs didn't impress me that much. :s But I still like her!
Couldnt agree more! Also I should say she is one of those that have been trainees for a short period of time (not even a full year).And she is doing great now.ALso gotta love her relationship with Thunder :wub

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
ALso gotta love her relationship with Thunder :wub
:o

The cover of Sorry, Sorry I mentioned above was her with Thunder. MBLAQ's Thunder, right? :o Are they dating? :hurr

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Japan
:o

The cover of Sorry, Sorry I mentioned above was her with Thunder. MBLAQ's Thunder, right? :o Are they dating? :hurr
yup mblaqs thunder.Well they are extremely good "friends'. I think thunder likes her, but IU's perfect type is Teayang from Bigbang hahah.She is his huge fan

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Phio-chan also have you heard this one:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Ah, yes, I've listened to them previously. I think it's quite a cool combination. IU has a great English too! So proud of her. :blush

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well, a celebrity's love life is always interesting, no? Recently there is a scandal about IU going around because of her photo with one of SuJu's members, Eunhyuk. I'm not following that far but.. I don't know, kinda disappointed? LOLOL~ I always support her and Woo Young since watching Dream High, mwahahahahahahah~

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
She's done in a few covers before, one of my favourites was for a music show, where she did covers of SNSD's Gee, Big Bang's Lies and Super Junior's Sorry Sorry, so so good. It was really funny as well, because the host kept staring at her, he was just that amazed by her, I'll post up the video later, but good stuff!

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Japan
cant we talk about Iu-Eunhyuk lil scandal :hurr

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
She's done in a few covers before, one of my favourites was for a music show, where she did covers of SNSD's Gee, Big Bang's Lies and Super Junior's Sorry Sorry, so so good. It was really funny as well, because the host kept staring at her, he was just that amazed by her, I'll post up the video later, but good stuff!
IU is awesome, indeed. At first I thought she just studied guitar a bit for starring at Dream High, since I had only known her since watching the drama, but she was awesome with it since long. Definitely cool.

Look forward to your videos!

cant we talk about Iu-Eunhyuk lil scandal :hurr
That's what I had just posted up there. :XD

I'm really curious, has there been any sign of these two previously? My friends showed me one or two articles, seems like they indeed have something going on. :hurr

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Japan
i can't say i am too supportive of this.. Not a huge fan of eunhyuk plus i was shipping ThnderIU for quite some time.Her "nations lil sister" image is destroyed now :crying i wonder how long this relationship will last

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Spectrum

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
IU is sooooo great, I love her... Her voice is very beatiful and she's so sweet <33333 haha She's a very good actress as well, I loved her as Pil Sook in DH... I must say that she was one of the few reasons that I kept watching DH (though I still have to finish watching it), I really didn't like the lead roles... and I've just realized that WooYoung is Jason in DH, dunno why I didn't realize it before, they were a lovely couple ^^

I hadn't heard about IU-Eunhyuk before, I'm so misinformed (lol), she could date WooYoung, they were such a good couple in DH :p

Oh, and I loved her video with YongHwa, I like both of them and the music is pretty good!

Asarii

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
A friend introduced me to IU through the song, "Raindrops". :)

I still can't believe she's only 21 years old! She has been in the industry for quite some time now so I thought she was older. It seems as if she has the presence too since she's referred to as having the star power of an idol group.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Wow, even there is an IU thread! :hearts
I love her. She is very cute. I still can remember the first time I love her, it's because I have seen her transformation in Dream High, from a fat girl to a beautiful princess. That's just like an ugly caterpillar that transforms into a beautiful butterfly! :hearts

Polemos

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
My story with IU begun when on yt I was listening to EXO, back in 2014. She popped in my suggestions. This song to be precise:
I started listening more just because she felt really fresh. The era of singers wanting to look hotter on their videos (I remember in 2012 there wasn't that much of it when it comes to K-pop, at least I didn't found many myself) was already around and I think it was nice to have something more... Cute?