Theory - The Identity of Sunshine's New Host! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory The Identity of Sunshine's New Host!

The Knight of War

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Well, I know that the majority of NnT fans say he's gonna be Gawain, others even claim that Gawain will be Escanor's reincarnation.
The problem with these theories, the way I see it, is that they don't actually introduce anything new at all. What's the point in thinking that Nakaba will repeat himself by making Sunshine choose another human whom it would eventually kill? I believe there's a high chance that Sunshine will choose someone who isn't fully human, and here I mean Tristan. Tristan made his decision to be one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Does anybody here think that Tristan will necessarily be the Sin of Wrath and use Full Counter like his father? That'd so boring & totally anticlimactic. Remember that Boruto was heavily inspired by Sasuke and wanted to be a shinobi like him, rather than following the steps of his father Naruto. In the same fashion, I could see Tristan being mostly inspired by Escanor after Gowther showed him those heroic moments of victory & his tragic sacrifice. There is also the fact the symbol of Sir Tristan / Tristram in the Arthurian legend was a royal Lion:

Another point I'd like to mention here is that Elizabeth, his mom, could be the First host of the Sun grace when she was known as Bloody Ellie. Even Prime Meliodas suffered from her back then.

So what are your thoughts regarding this? Please feel free to share.

Last edited:

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Nice theory. But I think it'll ultimately be Gawain who'll inherent Sunshine. If Tristan had sunshine he would have already been buffed during daytime but we don't see that in this chapter and since we know even as a kid Escanor became buffed which is why his mother and father remarked him as a monster. But it's not the case with Tristan.

So I'll stick with Gawain.
Tho nice to see Tristan wank already starting even before the sequel starts lmao 😂😂😂

The Knight of War

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Nice theory. But I think it'll ultimately be Gawain who'll inherent Sunshine. If Tristan had sunshine he would have already been buffed during daytime but we don't see that in this chapter and since we know even as a kid Escanor became buffed which is why his mother and father remarked him as a monster. But it's not the case with Tristan.

So I'll stick with Gawain.
Tho nice to see Tristan wank already starting even before the sequel starts lmao 😂😂😂
unlike Escanor, Tristan is a Goddess and maybe he can control the power of the sunshine, just like Mael
thus he can hide it or show it whenever he wants

Tristan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, Tristan is the grandson of SD, so he can DEFINITELY use the Sun Grace better than Escanor, Grawain or even Mael.
Nice theory by the way.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It should normally be Gawain, I don't see the problem. It's not like Nakaba can't be creative with this, Gawain is just a name after all. He doesn't even have to be Human.

Sunshine has nothing to do with a lion emblem. Escanor was the Lion Sin of Pride, Sunshine itself comes from the SD. Tristan said he wants to become a Sin, which means he admires them all.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
unlike Escanor, Tristan is a Goddess and maybe he can control the power of the sunshine, just like Mael
thus he can hide it or show it whenever he wants
He's also a demon and human, he can't control sunshine as good as either Escanor or Mael.
We all know it'll be Gawain, nakaba isn't that creative to go any other route
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Tristan wank already starting strong from now lol, sad thing he won't ever come near to full power Arthur and chaos 😂😂😂

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I mean, it could be. Tristan is a Human/Demon/Goddess hybrid, so to think he will be able to handle a light-based power like the Graces without the need to die is perfectly plausible, however, I don't see the need of that. His potential is already massive in itself, if you give him the Sun Grace too that makes fodder humans into literal demi-gods at noon, he would be far too broken I fear. Not that this would be out of Nakaba's writing prospects though, considering how he loves making broken protagonists, but I don't see it. It would be far too much shit for one single character.

And like some people have said already, Gawain could not be human for all we know. Nakaba follows the Arthurian legends to some extent, but at the end of the day, this is his own story and he can make the changes he wants to do.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Tristan's human and goddess self which together make up 50℅ of his genetics will definitely help him with sunshine but his other 50℅ might reject it or rather sunshine itself will reject him, when Mael was converted into a demon the Sunshine grace abandoned him. So I don't see Tristan gaining sunshine or anything, sunshine will immediately abandon him because I often his demon bloodline.

Also Sunshine sometimes gives physical boost like that to Escanor which males him a badass, where as sunshine gives Magical power boost to Mael which made him a clear pussy against the DK unlike Escanor. So yes even one's Potential is decided by sunshine.