Movies - The Harry Potter Thread ( Beware of SPOILERS! ) | Page 66 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Movies The Harry Potter Thread ( Beware of SPOILERS! )

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Right? Not to mention outside Remus, Tonks and Mad Eye, the other members just seemed so pathetically scrubby that I didn't even get whether or not they were supposed to take out the Death Eaters. I mean, Sirius loses to Bellatrix....who loses to Molly Weasley? :SOON Sirius. who was supposed to be one of the more skilled wizards in the Order. That honestly isn't a good showing for them as a group.
Ah, yeah, when put like that molly weasly taking out bellatrix makes no sense at all. Bellatrix was a competent duelist who sort of did that for a living. It'd make sense if bellatrix was taken out by a competent auror, perhaps even two being required wouldn't have been strange, but instead she was taken out by a british soccer (quidditch?) mom fueled by the power of "how dare you lay a finger on my BABYYYYYY".

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Ah, yeah, when put like that molly weasly taking out bellatrix makes no sense at all. Bellatrix was a competent duelist who sort of did that for a living. It'd make sense if bellatrix was taken out by a competent auror, perhaps even two being required wouldn't have been strange, but instead she was taken out by a british soccer (quidditch?) mom fueled by the power of "how dare you lay a finger on my BABYYYYYY".
Ugh meanwhile Moody loses offscreen due to mysterious circumstances, Remus and Tonks also die offscreen, these are the people you'd expect to fight Bellatrix. Because honestly? I think she was the strongest Death Eater, and probably the second strongest person in Voldemort's army.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ugh meanwhile Moody loses offscreen due to mysterious circumstances, Remus and Tonks also die offscreen, these are the people you'd expect to fight Bellatrix. Because honestly? I think she was the strongest Death Eater, and probably the second strongest person in Voldemort's army.
She definitely was voldemort's second in command IIRC. I guess her being the strongest death eater is debatable though. I would have also taken mcgonagal defeating her but then again she was too busy being awesome in a fourway against voldemort.

LightYagami563

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
England
Bellatrix was definitiely Voldemort's second in command. She was truly terrifying, but I don't know if she was the strongest death eater. Maybe she was tied with someone like Fenrir Greyback

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Bellatrix was definitiely Voldemort's second in command. She was truly terrifying, but I don't know if she was the strongest death eater. Maybe she was tied with someone like Fenrir Greyback
But who else would you say tied with her? Lucius? Barty Crouch Jr.? Hardly. The only other Death Eater I'd say might possibly be stronger than Bellatrix is Severus, and he defected from the group becoming a double agent, so I don't think ranking him as a Death Eater quite fits.
Imo Fenrir's greatest strengths lied in the fact that he was a werewolf and not in him being a wizard.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I never took fenrir to be THAT powerful TBH. Sure, he was dangerous but the guy was known mostly for viciously infecting people with lycanthropy. At least he doesn't have the feats to back up him being that much of a beast(erh, figuratively). It's been awhile since I read the books but according to the wikia his feats include harry not being able to defeat him during order of the phoenix and then ron and neville being required to beat him. Ron and neville might have been skilled for their age though the series never gave the impression they actually did compare to competent adults dueling wise at that stage. I can't imagine bellatrix being defeated by two teenagers at least. Realistically speaking the series never gave a clear indication of which people were stronger than others in general. We mostly know that wizards with a name were competent but beyond that there was never enough information to make a ranking of any sort. And the wikia is mostly useless because all it tells us is that most adults with names were mostly competent. Add to that that belatrix, whom jk did confirm was voldemorts number 2, was defeated by freaking ms weasley.....

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'd love a movie focused on Dumbledore's past. The flashbacks in the last two books provide a perfect start. would be nice to see the movie start from his youth all the way to when he either visited Tom Riddle or prior to Voldemort's downfall at the hands of baby Harry. Would be very marvelous.

I can't see Ron ever being that skilled, honestly. He hasn't shown any sort of indication or sign that he was skilled, whereas at least for Neville, his nerves seemed to have been the issue. Plus, Bellatrix could have underestimated the two, especially Neville.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The only part of dumbledore's past which would make sense to make a movie of is his relationship to grindewald but the books did already sufficiently tackle that and we basically know the ending. I guess they could come up with something else but TBH I don't think the HP universe needs this. Dumbledore is a character that was sufficiently fleshed out over 7 books after all. The prospect of dumbledore's flirtation with a gay magic nazi is not entirely without merit but us already being familiar with most of the story definitely takes from that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
How about this for a better HP movie: Harry's parents and their exploits during the first wizard war.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yeah but I wanna see a movie of his past. Otherwise might as well say books shouldn't be adapted into movies?

It can dive deeper into his past though, not just with Grindelwald but also his accomplishments and the likes. Plus, I don't think we've seen Dumbledore duel Grindelwald? Actually, given how underwhelming and shitty Dumbledore vs. Voldemort was, I actually don't care for that. But other things can be covered, given Dumbledore lived for well over a century.

That'd work as well. If Star Wars can have a series, why can't Harry Potter?

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Question why is avada kdrava such a big deal as an unforgivable spell? So far as we know it delivers a clean, quick and apparently painless death. So... how is it any worst than any other spell that could kill someone? Granted that its only use is killing but there are plenty of spells that have that same function. Heck, how is what molly did to bellatrix in the movie better or more forgivable than an avada kedrava? The only special thing about it seems to be that it is mostly unblockable and there is no survival rate but I am reasonably sure that could easily apply to most spells. Except perhaps the blockable part.

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Hello there, first post in this thread. I'm glad i discovered a HP related thread here - though i wish such a thread existed about the Lord of the Rings :8C

Just wanted to comment on a previous point, regarding how Sirius was defeated by Bellatrix who was defeated by Molly...
I think you guys overthink it. Molly beating Bellatrix sure was surprising, but that shouldn't mean Bellatrix wasn't that great of a duellist, or that Molly suddenly became top tier. Same goes for Sirius; his defeat doesn't mean he wasn't truly a great duellist, and shouldn't make previous hype (him being one of the best duellists in the Order) wrong.
Sirius' overconfidence (arrogance even) was what led to his defeat at Bellatrix's hands; just like Bellatrix's arrogance allowed Molly to deal the final blow.

Reactions: M3J

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Question why is avada kdrava such a big deal as an unforgivable spell? So far as we know it delivers a clean, quick and apparently painless death. So... how is it any worst than any other spell that could kill someone? Granted that its only use is killing but there are plenty of spells that have that same function. Heck, how is what molly did to bellatrix in the movie better or more forgivable than an avada kedrava? The only special thing about it seems to be that it is mostly unblockable and there is no survival rate but I am reasonably sure that could easily apply to most spells. Except perhaps the blockable part.
Yes, other spells can kill if used in that way, but the reason why avada kedrava is an unforgivable spell is because it's INTENT is to kill.

Other spells aren't strictly used to kill, they have other purposes, but avada has none besides killing the person instantly.